Chapter 4: Pikachu

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader

 

Jiyong’s POV

               Nah. I don’t wanna bruise my fist because of these low lives. They spilled my Iced Caramel Macchiato. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. But I’m not in the mood to fight particularly in public.

              “Move aside, Miss Park.” 

               She obliged while holding her bike aside.

               “Yah! W-what are you going to d-do?” she said with fear laced on her voice. 

                I ignored her. The word ‘fear’ is never in my vocabulary. I looked at these two ba$tards who seemed to be in the influence of alcohol. I let go of the man’s hand. He looks terrified but I can still see that he is ready to fight.

             I noticed their similar tattoos. “Ok. Local gangs.”

              “Go.” I ordered them with my icy cold voice.

             “What’s this? Is she your girlfriend?” one of them asked, obviously mocking me.

               “PUHAHAHAHAHAHA! Is that the type of girls that pretty boys want now??? COME ON! You’re fxcking kidding me!!!”

                They laughed like a lunatic. I stole a glance at Sandara and noticed that she’s just staring down at her feet. 

              I turned again at the two thugs and they’re still laughing even pointing at Sandara. 

              “What did you see on her??? She’s flat-chested and a----ackkk!” 

               “Enough.”

 

Author’s POV

               In one swift move, Jiyong launched at the two guys and held their neck with his face devoid with emotions. The thugs are having a hard time to breathe. They tried to take off Jiyong’s hands but failed to do so.

              “I gave you a chance to go and you turned it down. But everyone deserves a second chance… as they say.” He said in a hushed tone. “Unfortunately for the two of you, you messed up with the wrong guy who doesn’t believe such things.” 

             Jiyong pushed the other guy on the ground and focused his attention with the guy who spilled his oh so precious coffee and who tried to hit Sandara a while ago. He is still holding him by the neck.

           “You’re the one who spilled my coffee…” 

            He inched closer to guy's ear and whispered something.

             “You might want to take a closer at my earrings, as$hole.” 

              The thug gasped in shock after recognizing Jiyong’s earrings on his right ear.

               That insignia… It is well-known in the underground society. 

               The YG Mafia…

               Jiyong withdraw his face with a smirk plastered on his lips. “Scared?” His face is blank but his eyes tell something evil. And that is to bring pain to his current prey.

              “Y-y-you’re….” the man said stuttering. 

               “Let me give you a parting gift…” 

               Jiyong let go off the man’s neck but instead, held into him by the collar. He raised his fist aiming for a punch straight to the poor guy’s face. 

                 “This will sting a bit…” 

                  When Jiyong was about to land a blow at the obviously scared guy, Sandara let out a loud cry. 

                 “STOOOP!”

                  Jiyong unconsciously stopped leaving his fist just inches away from the guy’s face. He blinked for a few times before turning his attention to Sandara.

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

                 “What just happened? Why did I stop?” 

                 I turned my attention to Sandara with an obvious frown on her forehead. 

                  I have a clear intention of hitting the ba$tards face, but for some unknown reasons after hearing ‘her’ voice, my hands involuntarily stopped. It may be ‘normal’ with people who have conscience, but for the likes of me, it is strange.

                  I’ve got distracted because of what happened, so the as$hole grabbed the chance to free himself from my grip and scurried away with his partner. 

                   “YAH!” I’m not planning to follow them though. I’m just a little bit pissed off because they managed to escape me. Damn it

             “Aren’t you stupid?” 

              Stupid? I swiftly faced Sandara after hearing that. “What did you say?”

              She approached me then put both her hands on her waist. “Why did you do that? You don’t have to defend me, I can handle all those sh*tty remarks they’re throwing at me.” 

             “Defend her?”

               “You!” she pointed at me. “You should know better than I do. You’re a billionaire and you have an image to protect to. What if someone recognized you and saw you hitting a drunken guy? You shouldn’t trouble yourself with someone like me.” 

               I remained still. She’s staring at me straight to my eyes. She’s really serious with what she said. I can’t believe that I’ll really meet someone who thinks of others before themselves. I always thought that those kinds of people are non-existent.

             “But maybe she's just playing the reverse psychology here....making me feel guilty for coming late…” Well, I won't fall for that.

              I chuckled.  “Miss Park---“

              “Can you stop calling me ‘Miss Park’? I feel like an old maiden when you call me like that… Just call me Sandara or Dara or Sandy or whatever you like…”

              I nod. “Alright. Well,as I was saying ummm… Pikachu..”

               “PIKACHU??? I’m not a Pokemon!” she exclaimed with her eyes widening. It’s really funny seeing her get irritated.

               “What? You told me to call you ‘whatever’ I like except Miss Park… so I’m calling you, Pikachu. Besides, your yellow tracksuit said so.” 

             “Sandara or Dara. Choose!” 

              “I like Pikachu better.” I can see her nose combusting in flame. HAHAHAHAHAHA! 

                She clicked her tongue then closed her eyes and breathed deeply before opening them again. Maybe trying to calm herself. “I’ll let it pass today, Jiyong.” She then fixed her bike then mount on it. “Come on, I’ll buy you another macchiato.” 

                 “Huh?”

                  “Get on the bik---- well, have you tried riding a bike before?” she asked.

                  “Of course I do...”

              “You brought a car?” 

               “No…”

              “Then what are you waiting for? Come on…Let's go get your Iced Caramel Macchiato.. Don’t worry.. I’m not a lousy driver.”

She’s making me laugh again. 

             ”This is starting to get interesting…”

 

 

Sandara’s POV

             “What’s with the smile now?” Tsss… I’m still pissed off because of him being late and even tried to start a trouble… but on top of that, I’m still thankful that he came at the right time before those guys hurt me… Might as well repay him for what he did.

             “You’re an unusual lady, Pikachu… “

              “Aishhh.. Will you stop calling me that?” 

              He approached me like he didn’t hear me complain. But instead of going at the back, he stood beside me. 

              “Are you sure you have experienced riding a bike before? You have to sit at the back---“

              “I told you, I have… but I’ve never experienced a back ride… especially with the girl on the pedal.” He said looking at me without batting his eyelashes.

               Well… I don’t know how to respond to that. The next thing I know, I’m sitting at the back and him on the control of the bike.

               “Don’t you think it’s a bit wrong… I don’t want to admit this but technically you’re my boss now and---“

              “Hold on tight.” He ordered, not minding what I’m trying to say. 

               “But I’m already holding tight…” I’m actually just supporting myself by holding tight on where I’m sitting at. 

               I heard him chuckled. What is he up to now? 

               “Have you ever done intimacy with your opposite before?” he asked in a teasing tone.

             “W-what?” I pretended not to clearly hear it. 

             “Come on. Put your arms around my waist.” 

              “WHAT??? NO!!! THAT’S RIDICULOUS!” I overreacted.

              “Pikachu...” He sounded like he is threatening me. 

               And why do I feel threatened? Ugh… 

                I rolled my eyes and hold on to his shirt while looking away. “There.” I said then pout. Am I getting embarrassed? Who won’t be embarrassed, though? I can see passersby looking at us. Some group of high school girls even whispered to each other while looking at me then to Jiyong and then laughing afterwards. I bet they thought that we’re a couple. An unusual couple at that. I can’t blame them though, I clearly don’t have the looks (or even the type to be dated) by the likes of Jiyong. I can’t help but sigh…

             “Oh?”

              I was startled when a hand suddenly held my hands. It was Jiyong. 

               “I said hold on tight, Pikachu…” He put my arms around his waist and even pulled me closer to him; my cheeks almost bumping on his back. “Don’t be shy… I don’t mind you taking advantage on me.” 

                 I can’t help but be flustered. This is the first time in my life that I’ve been this close to a guy. I tried to withdraw my arms but he just stopped me. “Don’t.”

              “They might think we’re a couple… What if someone recognized you and---“

               “Don’t give me that crap… “then he suddenly pedaled and we took off… 

              TOO FAST!

              “KYAAAHHHHH!”

                ”This is what he’s really up to… Curse you, Mr. P3rvy!”

 

# #  #

                  I.AM.TRAUMATIZED. for the rest of my life. I thought I was going to die a while ago. Who in their right mind will drive their way in the middle of a busy road with fast running cars just USING A FREAKING OLD BIKE!!!?? I swear, I saw a glimmering white light with angels singing in the background.

               I don’t want to die so young without achieving anything. 

                “Tss.. I guess I damaged the wheels of your bike.” He said acting so calm and then sipping on his beloved coffee.

               We are now here at the park just across the coffee shop where we bought his Iced Caramel Macchiatto.

               I looked at him with I-want-to-strangle-you-but-I-can’t look. “What can you expect? You drive like my bike is one of the best bikes in the world…” I heaved a deep sigh. “You almost killed us out there.”

              “That’s why I told you to hold on tight…” 

               I gave him a sarcastic smile. “Ow? Should I thank you for that?” Ughh… he’s hopeless.

               He just ignored me…like he always does as I’ve noticed. 

               Tsk. I might get myself in trouble again if I stayed with him much longer. 

                 “What do you want?” I asked him finally. I’m sure he called me because of what we have talked about three days ago. I’m now working for him. I just wished that this is something worth my time and effort BECAUSE I even chose him before my major exams.

              “Huh?” 

              “I said… what do you want? Are you going to ask me to do some paper works, or to deliver something?”

              “Ummm… No. I just want my coffee.” 

               “I’m sorry???” 

                “I don’t need anything. I just want an Iced Caramel Macchiato.” Then he sipped on his coffee like what he said is not a big deal to him.

                I was speechless after hearing that. I can see my vision getting dark. Like I want to hurt someone right now. 

                He made me wait for an hour, ride a bike like I was in the verge of dying and most of all, he made me skipped a major exam which is very important in my scholarship just for a simple request WHICH IS TO BUY HIS COFFEE!!! 

             I’m mad…

             I’m hella mad…

             .

             .

             .

             But I’m going to held it in.

             For now.

              I immediately mounted on my bike and pedaled my way headed to the University. I know it’s impossible, but I’m taking a chance. I wish I could still catch up with the examinations.

              I heard him called me but it’s my turn to ignore him now.

 

Jiyong’s POV

             Sheesh…

             Well.. that wasn’t the reaction I’m waiting for. I’m expecting her to lash out on me and  curse me endlessly. I thought I'm going to see her pissed-off face again.

            "Follow her,Seungri."

           Top and Seungri are sitting at the bench opposite mine. They've been going incognito so that Sandara won't recognize them. 

           We're now sitting here at the park like any normal strangers here. 

           "Alright, Boss." then he left.

            "Have you get your share of fun, Boss?" Top asked. I can smell cigarette smoke coming from him. 

            "Smoking is not allowed here, Top-hyung."

            I heard him chuckled. 

           "Tss... Like I'd ever follow that." he said as a matter-of-fact. "Looks like you didn't get what you want."

           "Well that... Maybe not. I don't know why she didn't lashed out on me after telling her the truth. She just left without saying anything."

           "She seemed to be on a rush though..."

          "She's having her exams today..." I yawned. "It's an useless effort... she's already late."

          "Wow! That's rude, boss."

           "I'm all about being 'rude' though."

           "I don't know, Boss... Maybe you should have assessed her situation before pulling this kind of trick... You could've had ruined her future now."

          I fell silent. Future? What future? She's still going to marry me and it means there's no future for her. 

          "Don't make me laugh,hyung... Her future is already ruined since the day that she was born as the successor."

           "We're still not certain if she'll agree on marrying you..."

           "She doesn't have a choice. Whether she agree or not, she'll have to marry me. That's her fate."

          He breathed deeply, blowing a large amount of smoke coming from his almost finished cigarette. 

          "I'm just saying... Maybe you should at least be easy on her..."

          "I'm not doing anything to harm her... I'm actually giving her a hint on how his future husband would be like. "

            I laughed with my own words. 

            Future husband. 

            Yes. I'll be her husband... but for just a short amount of time. 

# #

Sandara's POV

             I throw a rock at the beautiful Han River. I wanted to yell at it to vent out my anger but I realized that it's not worth it. It already happened. 

            CL and Bom texted me and tried to call me,even sending me voice mails but because of Mr. P3rvy, I didn't get the chance to read and answered any of it. Mainly, it's about them worrying about me. I've already replied to them just to give them reassurance that I'm fine. 

           But still...

           I wasn't able to take the exams.

 

Flashback...

            I arrived at the university almost out of breath. I run as fast as I can to where the examinations is being held. But I arrived too late. There are no more students, just the professor. I approached her to try out my luck.

          "Sonsaeng-nim..."

           "Oh? Sandara...?" she looked at me surprised. "Where have you been? The examinations are already over."

          "I'm sorry... I just got into a...an emergency...Can I still take the examinations now?"

           "You know the rules,Sandara... We have a time frame in taking major examinations and it already ended few minutes ago... "

          "Special examinations? Please?" I even clasped my hands together pleading. I am willing to kneel in front of her if she asks me,too.

          "We are not giving any special examinations,you know that..." she sighed. "I'm sorry... I know this will cause a lot with your scholarship but that's how things are going here..."

           My hopes crushed before me. My scholarship is now at stake. If I couldn't make a good comeback, all my effort and sacrifices will be gone like a wind.

 

end of Flashback...

    

              "This is all because of that jerk." I throw another rock in the river. "The next time I'll see him, I'll make sure he'll cry out with blood!" 

              I was going to throw another rock but halted after sensing someone at my back... 

             This perfume... this scent...

             "That was so violent Pikachu..."

              Mr. P3rvy...

              I was about to turn to him and blame him for what happened but then again....

              "Eh? Sandara? Sandara Park? How unusual to see you here.."

              That familiar voice...

               I swiftly turned my head to my side and found the man who is the reason I believed in fairy tales.

              "D-donghae-shii?"

 

 

# # #

 

Author's Note:

안녕하세요!

Thank you for reading…

 

And by the way, your questions will be answered throughout the story... kkk~

That's all! 

^_^