Chapter 24: Dara and Jiyong Part 3

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader

Dara’s POV

                “I’m here.”

                It was just two words and I feel like I am secured for the rest of my life. Call me delusional and such but that’s what my fast beating heart says. Damn. I’m getting poetic each day.

               “Y-you are.” I muttered under my breath.

               “It’s better if we remove this mask off of your face.” I forgot that I’m still wearing a mask. He got rid of it and throw it somewhere.

                   How did he know that it was me?

                I felt his grip on my waist tighten while his eyes penetrate through mine. My earlier fear was replaced by something I cannot fathom. I was lost in his eyes and that’s all I am certain about.

                 But it didn’t take long for my attention shifted to the big tarantula hanging just above Jiyong’s head.

                My eyes slowly diverted to the scary thing and for the record, as my eyes widen in fear, I shrieked in horror and threw myself at Jiyong. I encircled my arms around his neck and pressed myself against him.

                    “KYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!”

                Me plus spiders are a big no-no! MOREOVER, THAT’S A TARANTULA!!! I have a very bad childhood memory about spiders that made me afraid of them for the rest of my life.

                   “KYAAKKKK! KILL IT! KILL IT!” I continued screaming like those from horror movies. But why am I liking where I’m at now? His chest is so manly and his heartbeat is music to my ears.

                  “This is just a toy.” He said calmly as my face is buried in his chest.

                  “THROW IT AWAY!!!” He smells so good. Damn. I can live like this forever. Can this get any better?

                  “It’s gone.”  I heard him say.

                  “Is it?” I asked as I continued drowning myself in his scent.

                   “Uh huh.”

                   This is the time that I should withdraw from the hug but my stubborn hormones just can’t stay away from this creature. Gosh! That came out so creepy.

                  “Step back, Sandara Park!” My inner self chastised.

                  “O...kay.” With one last ‘appreciation’ towards his manly scent, I withdraw from the hug. I turned my eyes away from him afraid that he will notice my clandestine deed.

                   I heard him chuckled. Of course, he will notice!

                  I should ready myself from the consequences of my actions.

                   “I think it’s best if we get out of here.” I glanced at him. It’s not the remark I’m kind of expecting he will say. I thought he will tease me but I guess I’m wrong.

                   “Y-yeah... That’s a g-good idea...”

                  He turned his back at me and started trailing the way. His hands shoved on his pockets just like the usual.

                 Just like the usual... But I felt like something changed...

                 He halted on his steps and turned to me. I guess he sensed that I’m not following him.

                  “Are you coming or not?”

                 I heard what he asked and I could just easily answer it by yes or no. But my tongue went numb as I met his gaze. My heart raced and I held my breath.

                 ”I’m jealous and I fxxking hate it.”

                 That declaration he did replayed on my mind. He didn’t make it clear and just left the place without any explanation. I can be VERY stupid and think of things too much and what he did last night is not helping at all.

                 But he was the first to break our eye contact. I saw how his eyes shifted to nothing in particular but me. To some, it may be nothing but as for me, I felt something pinch my heart.

                I exhaled deeply.

               This isn’t the right place nor is this the right time.

              “Y-yeah...”

              “Then let’s go... I don’t have time to waste.” He said coldly before resuming his steps.

                I started following him as I keep a safe distance between us. I am staring at his back. Can I really ask him the questions that have been bothering me since the day he meddled with my peaceful and normal life?

                   I looked down and scarcely shake my head.

                  No. I can’t... Not today.

                  I heaved a deep sigh. I guess that’s my resolve for now.     

                  “Hey... There’s----“

                  I looked up and a scary ghost lady welcomed me. I know it’s fake and such, but still...

                 “KYAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!”

                            I run to him and WAS about to throw myself to him BUT I stopped when I realized that it is the same thing that I did a while ago. To make myself not so obvious about my previous intent, I hugged myself and strongly ignored the ‘fake’ ghost and walked passed Jiyong.

                 “I can’t stay here for a long time... I’m gonna die..” I muttered.

                 I was walking aimlessly when a hand grabbed me by my arms. I turned to him with a scared face.

                “Hey... don’t go far from me..” His hand slide from my arm to my hand.

                And then he closed his hand around mine. I glanced at him with a confused look but he is looking elsewhere but me.

                 “You’ll just end up lost if you walk aimlessly...” he continued and pulled me as he started walking.

                  I looked at his hand as it firmly holds mine. His hand felt really warm and... comforting. It was soft yet I can tell that he had been through hardships. I shifted my gaze at him as he pushed all the scary props popping here and there on our way. He looks like he is in a hurry. Why would he be in a hurry?

                   Someone might be waiting for him outside...

                  Right. His date. It seems like they got in different doors that’s why he is alone in here and coincidentally found me...helpless. I suddenly felt like I’m such a bother to him.

                 Yes... A bother. A nuisance. Am I?

                  Who am I to him?

                  “W-wait...” I pulled my hand from his grip. He automatically stopped and turned to me confused.

                 Why is he doing this?

                   “What? We’re almost there...”

                  “You don’t have to do this... I can take care of myself.” I bravely let out those words without stuttering.

                   He just shook his head and tried to grab my hand again but I avoided it. He looks at me again but with a knot on his forehead. “Let’s go. I’m not going to say it again so you better come with me once in for all, Pikachu...” He sounded impatient all of a sudden.

                   “It seems like you are in a hurry... You can just go and leave me.” He was about to say something but I beat him to it. “Besides... I bet you came here with s-someone else.. “

                  He was silent and I can see that he is trying to comprehend what I’m saying.

                 I admit. I’m nervous. My heart is racing in an incredible speed and I felt my knees weakening. I am actually UNSURE of what I’m doing. It just came out of my system. Will the inevitable happen here?

                  “Go. You can leave me behind, it’s not like I’m going to get lost in here forever. I’m not that stupid to be taken care of. Remember, I’ve been leaving independently since I---”

                  “You’re not making any sense... “ He was about to approach me but I step back.

                   “You’re the one who’s not making any sense, Jiyong...” I blurted out. My breathing started to get ragged as the flow of emotions came in.

                   “I don’t know what you’re trying to say but seriously----“                   

                  “Why would you do this?” I cut him off. “It’s not like I’m your responsibility... Why are you always there when I’m in an uncompromising situation? Always saving me from danger... Blurting out words that confused me and then acting like nothing happened. Does it make any sense? NO! Nothing’s making any sense when it comes with you.” I pointed at him to emphasize my point. “Who am I to you, Jiyong?”

                  There. I said it though I think it’s still vogue and incomplete. I guess this is a good start than doing nothing.

                  He was silent. I tried to read what his eyes are conveying but I saw nothing. There he goes again with his emotionless stares.

                  I heard faint footsteps. It seems like other people are already coming and still Jiyong is not saying anything. My heart sinks when he turned his gaze away from me.

                I guess, that’s it. I’m NOTHING to him.

                I smiled half-heartedly. That hurts than what I expected.

                “A-alright.Ahahahaha” I laughed awkwardly. “F-forget it... That just came o-out of n-nowhere.” I swallowed my own saliva and played the hem of my shirt. I felt ashamed all of a sudden.

                 “T-thank you for accompanying me...” I bowed at him then walked past him. With every heavy step I take, the stinging pain in my heart gets stronger. It’s just so stupid. It’s plain stupid. I don’t know what came in to me that I’ve said those things unprepared of what might be the outcome. It was very uncalled for and here I am, regretting every word I’ve said. Seeing how he looks at me without any emotion, the answer on my questions are very clear...

                 “I’m nothi---“

                “Sandara...”

                 I was almost at the exit door when Jiyong called me by my name. I froze on my spot but I don’t have the guts to show my face at him after what happened.

                I heard him approached me but stopped just behind my back. I stayed silent waiting for him to say something.

                 “You’re acting weird today.” He said and because of that I’ve felt even more ashamed. He thought I’m acting weird. Damn it! I held the knob of the door and was ready to turn it and get out of there away from him but I felt his body touched my back and his hand reached to mine to stop me from my initial intent.

                  I can felt his breath fanning at the top of my head. He was so close I’m afraid he will hear my fast heartbeat and sense my uneasiness.

              I was trying to remove his hand above mine but he just tightened his grip and prevented me from turning the knob. “Let go, Jiyong... Chanyeol and ---“                

              “You’re my Pikachu.” I held my breath when he said that.

               My?  

              “You’re asking me why I’m doing all this? Then the answer is I don’t know. Because if you ask me to write the reasons in a blank sheet of paper, you’ll just end up getting the same blank sheet of paper from me. One thing I’m certain of though is that I WANTED to do those things. No one forced me. It’s just plain me.” He turned the knob but didn’t open the door just yet. “You always ruin me, Sandara. Always.” Then he opened the door and walked pass me. I followed him with my gaze as he approached the s3xy girl who seems to be waiting for him. I saw how the girl tried to hug him but Jiyong dismissed her. They walk away with the girl trailing behind him.

               I held my chest as I felt relieved of what Jiyong said. It was a bit short but meaningful. It somewhat pulled out a torn stuck in my heart. It was enough for me to ease the pain I’ve felt a while ago. My heart is now jumping in glee.

               I felt happy and giddy.

 

#      #      #      

                 “There you are, Noona!” Chanyeol run into me as he saw me walking out of the horror booth. He held me in my shoulders as worry is evident in his eyes. “Why did you go in there??? I thought you’re scared?”

                  I removed his hands placed in my shoulder and gave him a bright smile. “I’m fine. Don’t worry. Besides I’m already here standing in front of you without any part of my body missing.” I reached for his head (eventhough I need to tiptoe) and messed his hair. “How’d you know I enter the horror booth?”

                 “I asked the operator and described you, and he confirmed that you entered the booth. He even said that YOU forced your way in the booth. I saw how afraid he was.” Top answered instead of Chanyeol. I didn’t notice him standing just behind Chanyeol. “I wonder why you suddenly and recklessly tried the booth. I saw how scared you were a while ago.”

                  There goes Top. He’s like the boy version of Bom. But nothing can ruin my mood today. I just felt so happy and something else. It’s like I’m on a cloud nine.

                 “I just thought that it’s time to face my fears and I think I got some good results.”

                “You could’ve just waited for us Noona before trying the booth. I will be very willing to accompany you.” Chanyeol remarked with regret on his voice.

                 “What’s the big deal? I’m safe. In fact, I realized that it wasn’t that scary at all.”

                   Top laughed all of a sudden. It sounded creepy because of his big voice. I don’t know if it is a sound of delight or he’s just like those villains in the movie who is trying to rein the world.

                  “HAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry... I just can’t help it...PUHAHAHAHAHAHA... It wasn’t that scary, huh?” Ow, he was pertaining to me. “I wonder how you go there alone.” He said in between laughs. “Or probably not alone?”

                    Aigoo... He definitely sniffed something and before he goes rumbling about his incredible thoughts, it’s best if I shifted the topic on somewhere else.

                  “Stop! Stop! Stop! Let’s go ride the roller coaster again! I bet you wanted that Top!”

                   “H-huh? I’m good—“

                  “Right, Noona! That’s a good idea.”

                “YAH!”

 

#        #      #

Author’ss POV

                 “Mrs. Park, I’m sorry for being out of the scene. I’ll be there tomorrow before the break of dawn.”  Lee Donghae said on the other line as Mrs. Park listened at the other end.

                 “It’s fine. I think it’s actually necessary that the other guy took care of your place for these past few days. It’s a bit short but I’ve observed a lot of things. Especially in my daughter.”

                  “Umm... T-that’s.... “

                 “I’d really like to talk to this guy one on one. Can you arrange it for me before he comes back to Seoul?”

                  “I’ll try. This guy can be hard-headed sometimes.”

                  “I know he’ll be willing.”

 

#          #            # 

 Dara’s POV

                 The sun is already setting and the colorful lights in the theme park started to light up one by one.  It was beautiful.

                Sadly, it’s time to go home.

                “Ahh~ I’m so tired..” Chanyeol exclaimed. “But it was fun... “

              “Yeah. It is. Let’s do it again, ok?” Chanyeol just gave me two thumbs up.

                “Since you guys are already going home, maybe we can buy some souvenirs right there! “Top interjected as he is walking beside me and pointed at the souvenir shop just a few steps from us.

               “Oh...you’re right! Let’s buy something for Minzy,too!”

               We were about to go at the shop when I heard some commotion happening in our left side. I stopped for a while and watch how people are crowding what I think is a booth.

               “Hey.. What’s in there?” I asked to no one in particular.

             “I don’t know Noona but it seems like they’re watching something fun in there...” Chanyeol answered.

               “Let’s check it out..” I suggested but Top stopped me by my shoulder.

              “Wait! Let’s first buy some souvenirs besides we won’t see anything in there. Look! There are so many people!” Top said. I was actually surprised as he doesn’t have any interest on what might be going on in there when all this time, I noticed how curious he was with everything. Hmm... That made me even more curious.

                I removed his hand on my shoulder and give him a smile. “Let’s just take a look. If it’s something unworthy of our time, we can just go. Right? Chanyeol?” I turned to Chanyeol to ask for his support and of course he’ll agree. “Just a quick look.”

                “If you don’t want to go, you can just stay here and wait for us.” Chanyeol added.

                 “B-but...”

                I didn’t wait for him to finish his sentence as I turned my back at him and started walking at the direction of the booth. Well, many people are around the booth and they looked excited. Some teenage girls are even squealing like giddy fangirls.

               Is there some kind of Korean idol in there?

               “Noona, we won’t see anything from here.”

               “Just stay here. I’ll go check it out.”

              I inched forward until I get the chance to be almost in the front. As I moved my gaze forward, at the booth, I saw three couples with Peppero sticks on their mouth. One end is nibbled by the girl while other end is with the guy. You know the Peppero stick game? That’s it! The game you’ll always see in a reality TV show. Its main purpose is to test how far the couples will go until the Peppero stick is just centimeters in size. Some just end up kissing.  

             This is the reason why the girls are squealing like there’s no tomorrow. But nothing interests me in here.

               I was about to go when another couple came in. My eyes are budging out on their sockets as I recognized who they were. It was Jiyong and the girl. I almost pushed the person in front of me as I take a good look at Jiyong. He looks kind of grumpy and it seems like he doesn’t like the idea unlike the very ‘unpleasant-dressed-girl’, who looks like she’s puking rainbows here and there because of excitement.

              The game master give them their Peppero stick and the girl immediately put it in as she lets most of it protruded in her lips. She’s ushering Jiyong to bit the other end.

               I bet he won’t do that.... Or that’s just what I thought.

              I was slightly surprised as Jiyong nonchalantly bit the other end. The girl clapped in glee and it triggered something in me. This is the first time I felt like skinning someone alive.

              The game master recited the mechanics which I don’t have any interest to listen to. My eyes are focused on Jiyong and how the girl takes advantage of him. Knowing Jiyong, he’ll probably end the game by cutting the Peppero at first bite.

                   He’ll most likely do that...

                  I even giggled at my thought as I imagine the disappointed look of the girl. Hahahahaha!

                 The game master started counting to three. “1....2....” I was intently looking at the two. I just want to see how Jiyong will play a prank to this ‘not-so-innocent-looking’ lady. “3!!!!”

                   The game started as other couples munched on their Peppero sticks. The people are screaming in delight and spazzing how cute the couples look.

                  But my heart screamed in pain as my eyes saw how the girl grabbed Jiyong’s neck and quickly ate the Peppero until her lips touched Jiyong’s.

                  I thought Jiyong would push her away from him but I was wrong. He just stayed still.

                  The loud cheering of the crowd cannot overthrow the sound of my heart breaking.

                  It was painful for me to watch but my eyes won’t turn away.

                   Is it right to feel pain when I know for a fact that it was just a game?

                 And I know for a fact that Jiyong and I... we’re not something you can even call friends...

                So why am I feeling this way?

                  The next thing I knew, I was being pulled out in the crowd.

                 It was Top. I noticed how he covers me with his big body, maybe preventing Chanyeol from seeing me.

                “Don’t let Chanyeol see you crying...”

                Crying?

                 “Am I?”

               “Well, if those aren’t tears falling from your eyes, then I don’t know what it is.”

                I touched my cheeks as I felt something wet. As I looked at my damped fingers, another tear dropped on my palms.

 

              Why are there tears in my eyes?

                

 

#              #           #

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

SORRY FOR KEEPING YOU WAIT THAT LONG EVERYONE!!!

I WAS JUST BUSY WITH MY REAL LIFE THAT I FORGOT THAT I’M

ALSO A WRITER!

I’LL MAKE IT UP TO YOU!

 

I WON’T ABANDON THIS FIC SO PLEASE KEEP ON SUBSCRIBING

EVEN THOUGH I WON’T UPDATE EVERY TIME.

*BIG BOWSSS*

 

THANK YOU FOR THOSE WHO STAYED AND PAITIENTLY WAITED!

THANK YOU,TOO TO OUR NEW SUBCRIBERS!

 

THAT’S ALL FOR TODAY!

:-)