Chapter 3: Iced Caramel Macchiato

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader

Dara's POV

               The aroma of the coffee is getting through my nose... It means I'm still breathing. I'm still alive.

              And Mr. P3rvy is still in front of me.

              "Ummm... Mr. K-kw--"

               "Jiyong. Just call me, Jiyong... " he said then continued sipping on his Iced Caramel Macchiato.

               I chuckled awkwardly. "He-he-he... J-jiyong..." he looked at me seemingly waiting for me to continue what I'm about to say... "A-about the cylinder..."

             "You can give it to me later..."

             I gave him a lopsided smile.

             "I lost it." I want to tell that to his face but can't bring myself to do it.

              Then silence.

              I'm stirring my coffee but my mind is somewhere else. Mr. P3rvy here is a billionaire and I've lost something that seemed to be very important to him. What will be his reaction if he found out? Is he going to sue me? If I go to jail, what will happen to my Mom?

            "You're coffee is getting cold..."

             I was startled. I looked up to him and found that he’s looking at me, too...

             “Aha-ha-ha…” I laughed awkwardly… “I… I l-like my coffee c-cold... he-he-he...” I bit my lips. That’s the worst lie ever. -__-

                “Suit yourself.” Then he resumed sipping on his coffee. I can’t believe he fell for that.

                “By the way,…” he put down his drink then lean on the chair with his arms crossed on his chest. “who gave you the cylinder?”

                Sh*t! I totally forgot about that. THE ‘WEIRD’ WOMAN! Damn it. What if she came back and asks me for that cylinder? How would I say that I’ve sold and freaking lost it???

                I can’t bring that poor woman in this mess. I’ve made this so I need to settle this on my own. Think about something, Sandara.

                Think.

                Think.

                Think…

                “I’ve had it since I’ve moved here in Seoul… my mother told me to keep it since it’s a lucky charm.”

                OK. First and foremost, leave the woman out of this. I’ll tell him the truth once we found the cylinder.

                “B-but I’ve lost it…”

                Secondly, tell him the truth that I’ve lost it… Well, there’s no other choice though. And of course, finally, beg for mercy so he won’t sue me.

                That’s my awesome plan.

              "What???" he said shocked almost spilling his coffee.

              "Y-yes, I'm s-sorry.. BUT I'll find it. I'll definitely find it."

              He let out an exasperated sigh then massaged his temple.

              "You.Have.No.Idea… how important it is to our family’s history." He said like forcing every word in his m0uth.

                Why must I be in this kind of situation? You screw up big time, Sandara.

                “Give me back my money.”

                “H-huh? Your money?”

                “Yes. Since you’ve lost it, I think it’s fair enough if you give back my money that I’ve paid for your rent.” He said seriously.

                “B-but…” Crap. I don’t have enough money left. I’ve sent it to my mother in Busan and all that’s left is for my expenses.

                “By the way, I’ve paid for your rent good for 2 years.”

                “WHHHAAATTT?” I cried after hearing the biggest shock of my life. The hell???? Good for 2 years??? I can see a lot of zero’s in there. “W-why? Why did you d-do that????” I asked almost tearing up.

                “Simple. I’m not used to spending small amount of money.” He said acting nonchalant about it.

                I was dumfounded. He’s not used on spending small amount of money and here I am almost not eating anything for a day to at least save a freaking single cent???

                “Mr. K-k—I mean J-jiyong… I’ve never asked you to pay my rent… g-good for 2 years…” I huffed as if air has been $ucked up on my lungs. “And I think you are aware that I don’t have t-that kind of m-money. You should have told me about it before you pay for such amount.”

                “For what I can remember, you ONLY asked me to pay your rent and I did. I paid your balances. For two years. Didn’t your land lady say so?”

                I am slaughtering my land lady in my mind right now. That’s the reason why she is so kind to me since last night. Uggghhhh! What a freaking money-worshipper she is… I hate her.

                “So what now, Miss Park? I’ll sue you if---“

                I abruptly get off on my chair and kneel in front of him. This is the final stage of my plan. I don’t care if I looked pathetic right now. I don’t wanna go to jail! >_<

                “Please!” I plead with my hands clasp together. “Please don’t s-sue me… I promise! I’ll pay you… little by little… but please spare me some mercy!” The hell with the people whispering around us. I’m desperate.

                I can see that he is not affected. I think I need to use my water works.

                “Wa---“ I was about to wail like a dying dolphin but was stopped by Jiyong’s words.

                “Don’t do it,Miss Park. I know what you’re trying to do. And it won’t work on me.” He stood up putting his hands on his pockets.

              "Eh?"

              “Expect some visitors on your apartment later.”  Then he walked off.

                “W-wait!” I swiftly stood up and grab my backpack. I followed him outside. “Wait! Please let us talk about this.” I called out to him.

                “No. I think we’ve talked enough.” He responded but not stopping on his track. I followed him passionately. He has longer legs than mine, obviously, so I have to half-run just to catch up to him.   

                “I’m asking for your KINDEST consideration! PLEASE!!! I’ll do ANYTHING you want just don’t sue---ackk.” He suddenly halted on his steps making me bump on his back. Ughh. This as$hole.

                “What did you say? You’ll do ANYTHING?” he asked without facing me.

                I can see light coming my way. “YES!” I exclaimed happily while nursing my forehead. He has a broad back and I’m just a fragile girl, and yeah… I’ve hurt myself just by bumping on him.

                I’m happy but why do I feel something ‘strange’ will happen after this.

                “Alright. I’ll give you a choice—No. This is not merely giving you a choice.” Then he turned to me with his eyes twinkling playfully.

                What now?

                “You’ll work for me.”

                “What?” My face almost contorted after hearing that ridiculous suggestion. I don’t wanna work for him.

                “Give me your phone.”

                “Huh?”

                He clicked his tongue then swiftly grabbed my backpack.

                “H-hey!”

                He just ignored my protest and continued harassing my poor backpack. He rummages through it and after finding my cellular phone he threw it back at me. Luckily, I have good reflexes just in time to catch it.

                “Yah! What are you doing?”

                “I can’t believe you have the guts to set your phone wallpaper with your portrait.” He smiled impishly. What did he mean by that?

                “I don’t think it’s a problem since THAT is MY—I repeat---MYYYY cellphone.” I emphasized (exaggeratedly) the word MY so he can fully understand what I’m trying to convey.

                But again. He just ignored me and continued dialing something on my phone.

                Riiiinnngg.. Ringggg…

                He gets something on his back pocket and it was his cellphone ringing. Then the ringing died instantly.

                “There.” He handed me back my cellphone and I quickly grabbed it. “Wait for my call.”

             "Your call? W-wait... I haven't even agreed to your--"

              "You'd rather want me to sue you then?"

              "NO!"

              "Then wait for my call."

               Ughhh! It's proving to be a big challenge for me to morph into a big monster and eat the living hell out of him without leaving any trace of him in this world!

              "Bye."

              A luxurious car suddenly parked near us and Mr. P3rvy casually got on it. It drove off leaving me dumbfounded.

              *wind whistling*

              What the hell did I just get myself into?

 

# # #

 

                It has been three days since I’ve met Mr. P3rvy. And I’ve been very agitated for that long, too. The jerk hasn’t called me for some unknown reasons. What if one day, police will suddenly arrest me while I'm eating my lunch? Or while I’m walking down the streets? Or even while I’m taking my sh*ts out in the bathroom??? GHAAD! IT’S MAKING ME CRAZY!

                “You seemed distress these past few days, Dara… “ CL said whispering.

                  We are now here at the library reviewing for the upcoming examinations. And here I am, physically present but mentally absent.

                 “Are you worried about the upcoming event at Chaerinnie’s house?” Bom asked quietly,too.

                   “N-no. I’m just… I’m just h-hungry.” As if they’re going to fell for that, Sandara. I can see my inner self rolling her eyes on me.

                     And as if on cue, they put down their review materials and stare at me with spill-it-out-or-I’ll-make-you-spill-out look. Damn... I guess, they know me too well.

                    “Sandara Park… “

                     Crap! Bom called me in my full name; it means the Bominator is on the roll. She’ll kill me if I don’t tell her.

                    Then I glanced at CL. UGHHH! Her eyes are penetrating into the depths of my soul.

                   THIS.IS.BAD—

                 *brrrrrrttttt*brrrrtttt*

               “It’s my phone vibrating…”

               My eyes widen then swiftly reached for my phone in my pocket. I looked at its screen and an unknown number have shown calling me. It’s Mr. P3rvy…

              “Dara..”

               I ignored CL and nervously answered the call.

              “H-hello—“

              “This is Kwon Jiyong. I believe you’re Sandara Park. Meet me at Apgujeong-dong. And bring me an Iced Caramel Macchiato. Be there in….. 30 minutes.” Mr. P3rvy ordered in the other line.

               “W-wait! I have examinations today… I can’t---”

               “Be there in 30 minutes.” Then he hanged up.

                “Y-yah!” I protested in a hushed tone. “Aishhh… that ba$tard.”

                 Tsk.

               There’s nothing I can do. He got a hold on me.

                I immediately fixed my things and put in my backpack ready to leave. I can’t believe I’m going to skip my examinations.

              “Hey! Where do you think you’re going? Who’s that you’ve talked to?” CL asked.

               “I’m sorry… I have to go.” I run off ignoring their calls.

                “YAH! DARA-YAH! WE HAVE EXAMINATIONS LATER!” Bom shouted forgetting (or doesn’t really care) that she’s in the library.

               Once outside the building, I immediately mounted on my bike and head through my destination.

 

#  #  #

Jiyong’s POV

                I ended the call.

                “Hyung, what are you planning to do?” Seungri asked me.

                “Nothing. I just want an Iced Caramel Macchiato.” I replied coolly.

                It has been three days since I’ve last talk to her. I said I will call here but for some important reasons and ‘business’ transactions, I didn’t have the time to do so. But now, since I ordered Youngbae and Daesung to attend an event in China for all the underground business organizations in behalf of me, I now have a free time to have some fun… and unluckily for Sandara Park, I chose to have some ‘fun’ with her.

                “Boss, just be careful… your father might know about this thing that you called ‘having fun.’” Top stated.

                I chuckled. “You sounded like Youngbae, Top-hyung. Stop whining like a mother.” I told them jokingly. “Besides, my father would not care that I’m toying with that girl as long as he doesn’t know that she is the successor… And as long as I have the cylinder, he wouldn’t know it.”

                Both of them sighed in unison. “We’ll watch you from afar… just in case.” Seungri suggested.

                “Alright. Just don’t go in my way.”

 

# # #

Sandara’s POV

                I want to skin someone alive right now.

                WHERE THE HELL IS HE????

                I’ve arrived here in the bus waiting area in Apgujeong-dong earlier than the 30 minutes time that he gave me. I even managed to buy him his coffee BUT HE IS ALREADY FREAKING ONE HOUR LATE!!!!!

                I can see smoke coming from my nose and ears right now. Imagine a raging bull… that’s what I look like. How I wish I can crash this coffee I’m holding… but with just imagining the money I’ve paid for it, all I can do is just stare at nothing in particular and wished that Godzilla will take Mr. P3rvy and throw him at the nearest sink hole wherever he might be.

                 I even skipped classes just to get here and on top of that I SKIPPED A MAJOR EXAMINATION for the first time in my life. I’m worried about my scholarship right now.

                “Curse himmm…”

                Suddenly, two drunken guys sat near me. Geez…

                “YAH! Young lady… can I borrow your bike?” one of them asked in a slurred speech.

                Must ignore.

                “YAH! You in a yellow tracksuit! I’m talking to you.”

                MUST.IGNORE.

                I can sense that they’re coming near me but I didn’t falter in my spot.

                “A little feisty,eh?” the other one interjected.

                 When they stopped in front of me, I didn’t shift my gaze on them and just continued ignoring them.

                “Are you blind or deft? I said… can we borrow your bike???”

                IGNORE---

                “YAH!” I didn’t expect what they did next. One of them grabbed the Ice Caramel Macchiato that I’m holding and in one quick move, he drinks it.

                “Ahh… delicious.” He remarked while wiping with the back of his hands.

                “That’s not yours!” I tried to get it back but unfortunately, because of my petite physique, I cannot reach it.

                “It’s mine now since I’ve drink on it… “

                “Give me your bike…” the other one grabbed the handle of my bike trying to get it from me but of course, I will not let him do it.

                “HEYYY! I’ll call the police. I’ll seriously call them. Let go of my bike!!!”

                “B!tch! Stop fighting or we’ll fxcking beat the sh*t out of you!!!” he threatened me. I didn’t expect them to be acting so violent.

                “Whoa… this coffee is fxcking---"

                “YAHHH!” I tried to stop him from drinking more of the coffee but it just resulted from spilling the coffee on the guy’s t-shirt.

                “What the--- MY T-SHIRT!!! YOU FXCK B!TCH!”

                He charged on me and I can see that he is going to punch me. STRAIGHT ON THE FACE!

                I closed my eyes and waited for the pang of pain that is about to be felt by my face.

                But nothing happened.

                Instead, a familiar scent goes through my nose and I can feel someone’s presence in my back.

                “You spilled my Iced Caramel Macchiato.”

                Mr. P3rvy…

                I opened my eyes and saw that a hand stopped the man’s fist before it landed on my face. I can see the thug’s face contorted because of pain.

                “You’ll pay for it, you ba$tard.”

                With that tone of voice, I suddenly feared for these men’s lives.

                And when I was about to acknowledge his bravery, he suddenly spill out some 'P3rvy' remarks again.

                "Miss Park, you don't close your eyes when someone will punch you... You should ONLY close your eyes when someone is about to kiss you."

                  I can't see his face but I can feel that he is smirking. 

                  Mr. P3rvy at his finest. . . <__<

 

#  #   #    #   #

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

WHOA...

Thanks for the overwhelming support.

Follow me on twitter.. (if you have one, I have just started though)

@superrookie_aff

 ^_____^

ENJOY!