Chapter 5: The word 'ANNOYING'

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader

 

Jiyong's POV

              I told Seungri to follow Sandara...He called me as soon as she went straight here in Han River after leaving her university with a devastated look. She's been here for more than an hour. Throwing small rocks in the river. As I have predicted, she failed to get her exams. What's the use of taking those lame examinations anyway? I always thought that it's just a waste of time. You can't have the life that you wanted even if you graduated in the most prestigious university...

               Life is always unfair. It's unpredictable.

               But why am I even here?

               I'm just going to check on her 'devastated' look but I find myself staying here...

                And now, even approaching her.

                 "This is all because of that jerk." She threw another rock in the river. "The next time I'll see him, I'll make sure he'll cry out with blood!"

                I wanted to laugh but I restrained myself. I'm pretty sure she's talking about me. "That was so violent Pikachu..." I interjected making her a bit startled.

              She was about to face me but someone caught her attention... our attention.

             "Eh? Sandara? Sandara Park? How unusual to see you here.."

               "D-donghae-shii?" It came out as a whisper but enough for me to hear.

               "What the fxck!?"

                I can't help but frown after seeing Sandara blushed. She even fixed her hair and eyeglasses obviously making herself look good.

              I looked at the guy that she called Donghae. His smile is almost blinding me. He has that feel of a fxcking member of a boy band.

            "I hate him already."

              "Why are you here, Dar--- I'm sorry… I'm getting ahead of myself... Can I call you 'Dara'?" the flower boy asked Sandara while scratching his head, like a shy teenage boy. It’s an annoying sight to see.

              "H-huh? Of course!!!" Sandara replied with a cheerful voice.

              She's acting like a love sick puppy--- Wait! Don't tell me she has the hots for this dude?

              Hahahahahahaha!!!

              I laughed inside my head.

              It seems that Sandara Park is not immune with the likes of this dude. The flower boy – gentleman type…  And I find it funny… so funny I’m starting to get irritated.

                “You didn’t attend the school today, right? I haven’t seen you…” the flower boy asked with an ‘annoying’ worried look.

                “Y-you n-noticed?” Sandara replied with an ‘annoying’ surprised face.

               “Of course… Who wouldn’t? I’m used to seeing the four-eyed girl in a tracksuit walking at the university….. “

             Way to go pretty boy! You just burst Sandara’s happy bubbles!

                “…so I kinda get worried when I didn’t see you today.”

               “Tss…”

               I peeked at Sandara and got ‘annoyed’ even more with her reaction. She just tucked her loose hair behind her ear, an act of a girl flirting. I knew one when I saw one... Many girls have done that when they talk or just saw me looking at them.

                “R-really? I n-never thought y-you’d a-actually get worried a-about me. B-but I’m fine…  S-something... something i-important came u-up that I had to l-leave.” She’s stuttering while uttering those words with a small voice. She’s ‘annoyingly’ acting cute.

            “Come on, Dara… we’re schoolamates…of course I’ll worry about you..same as I do with our other schoolmates.” He smiled. He’s oblivious about Sandara’s feelings about him.

             I can see Sandara’s shoulders fell. With that statement, I can already tell that her feelings for him will never be reciprocated.

            “Ah…y-you’re right.” She answered back with a smile but almost forcing those words out in .

                Is she that head-over-heels with this dense guy?

               Tsk.

                Now, I regretted going here. She looks pathetic.

             “This is getting really fxcking annoying…”

 

Sandara’s POV

               “Come on, Dara… we’re schoolamates…of course I’ll worry about you..same as I do with our other schoolmates.” Donghae said with that boy-next-door aura that he always has.

                 And here I am pretty annoyed with myself for keeping my hopes up. Of course he’s like that. He’s like the friendliest guy in the university. Ugh… I virtually slapped myself.

                 “Ah…y-you’re right.” With a slumped shoulder, I answered with a smile that didn’t even reached my eyes. It doesn’t hurt, you know, the breaking of the heart thingy? It’s just that I’m ashamed of myself for even thinking that he might really notice me because he actually likes me…. even just a little bit. BUT I’M SO WRONG!

              “I hope someone can drag me away from here---“

              “Baby~ don’t you think it’s rude to not introduce me to your friend here?”

              “Ekk~”

               I stiffened on my spot. I can feel electric shock run through my veins! What the heck!?!? 

                “Aigoo~ I totally forgot this jerk!”

                Mr. P3rvy just fxcking snxke his arms around my waist and even pushed me closer to him. HE IS THE FIRST PERSON TO TOUCH ME IN THAT AREA! I FEEL VIOLATED!!! UMMAAA~

                OK. I was overreacting.

                But still…

                HE EVEN CALLED ME ‘BABY”! WHAT IS HE UP TO???

                “Oh? Your boyfriend?” Donghae asked...surprised. Why does he look surprised?

               *sigh*

                 It looks like he's just like everyone else. I just... I just look unattractive. It's hard for them to believe that a girl like me will have a boyfriend---

               A boyfriend???

                "You got that right, dude." Mr. P3rvy answered with a very confident smirk. “I’m THE BOYFRIEND!” he claimed emphasizing the word ‘boyfriend’.

                “W-what are y---ouch.” He just pinched me in my side. What is he trying to do?! I tried to break free from him but he’s too strong for me.

                 “Oh….alright. Cool.”

                 I stopped struggling after hearing Donghae’s response. Is that it? No questions? Queries? Doubts?

              “What reaction from him are you expecting? You’re not even close…” my inner self lectured me.  

                Ugh! Why am I even thinking about this thing?

                “So..umm.. yeah! I guess I should leave you two… I’ll get going…” Donghae turned to me. “Bye Dara.” Then he left passed me.

              What just happened? Did he just leave? I was about to turn my head to where he’s headed to but AGAIN a strong hand stopped me from doing so.

               “Tsk.Tsk.Tsk. You shouldn’t follow him with your eyes like that. You will look even more pathetic.” The great MR. P3RVY told me.

                 I pushed him away from me. I fixed myself before facing him. “W-what are you talking about?”

                “Seriously? You’re asking me that question? Anyone can tell that you like that ‘annoying’ guy.”

                 “L-LIKE H-HIMMM? N-NOOO!”

                  OK. That was so lame. I’m so obvious. There’s no point in hiding at all. Argghh… I hope Donghae didn’t notice anything from how I reacted towards him a while ago… If he did? Then I can’t face him anymore…

                “What do you like in him anyways? I actually find him too plain and… boring. Besides, he doesn’t seem to like you. You should be thankful I acted as your boyfriend. But I doubt he believed it…  ”

              I scrunched my nose. Who is he to say all that? In the first place, he is the one who’s acting so jerky since the day I met him.

               I crossed my arms in my chest. “Why did you that? How could you tell him that you’re my boyfriend? You’re not even the type to be…..to be...” I hesitated to continue my sentence. I looked at him from head to toe and damn… I’m sure as hell that a lot of girls throw themselves at this jerk. He has this aura of a bad boy, which is the total opposite of Donghae, full of charisma and appeal.   

              “To be what?” he smirked as if reading what’s on my mind.

               I blinked for a few times before whipping my head away from him. “To b-be… “ I scratched my head… I’m about to say ‘to be dated’ but as I have revealed earlier, THAT statement is not applicable for him. “…to be—“

               “Alright. Alright. Don’t push yourself too hard.” He said while waving his hand as if dismissing me.    

                  My eyes turned into tiny slits. Ugh! He’s so annoying! He’s acting sooo full of himself. Then the reason why I’m here suddenly crossed my mind. THE EXAMINATION! It’s because of him that I wasn’t able to take my exams.

                I want to hit him…

                But I just can’t…

              “Dara, don’t try to get even or take aggression towards someone who did something unfavorable towards you… it’s a sign of weakness anyways. Don’t worry… Appa will always be there for you.”

              Inhale. Exhale.Phew. I won’t break my father’s advices just because of him. I’ll just kill him inside my head.

               I bowed at him sarcastically. “Bye.” Then I started to walk out.

               This is the best that I can do. Just walk away.

               “Hey!”

               I can sense that he’s following me. But I chose to ignore him. Moreover, the day has almost ended; it’s practically the end of working hours so yeah... I’m done working for him for today. I have the right to ignore him now.

             “We haven’t talked about your work with me, Pikachu…  I was going to discuss it to you a while ago but unfortunately you run away from me.”

              Tsk.

              I abruptly halted on my steps then faced him and REGRETTED IT AFTERWARDS. I almost bumped on his chest if he didn’t swiftly hold me by my shoulders.  

                But…

              “Damn… he smells so good.”

               I involuntarily closed my eyes and secretly inhaled his scent.

             “I can live like this for---“

               “Pikachu.”

               I instantly opened my eyes after hearing that. THE HELL AM I DOING??? I looked up to him and saw him smiling while biting his lips.

              “So s3xy…”

             “You’re fantasizing over me, aren’t you?” he asked playfully.

             “Sh*t.”

                I pushed him away but that ‘mischievous’ smile on his face didn’t fade away.

               “How careless can I be?”

                 I cleared my throat. “O-ok. Let’s talk about it now. But let me talk first. First of all, I’m a student so basically I can’t afford to work for you full time. You should consider that just like any other employer in this country. Secondly, I have to work part time because I need to send money to my mother in the province and of course to sustain my daily needs. Next, you should pay me with minimum compensation according to the law and with that I computed on how many days I should work for you excluding holidays and rest days and it resulted for three months. No allowances and other miscellaneous fees included. I can consider working on rest days if the situation permits. And finally… NO STUPID ORDERS THAT CAN RUIN MY PERSONAL LIFE.”

                  I’ll stand on my ground. If he’s going to add or eliminate something on my given conditions then I’ll ‘trick’ my way with it. And besides, this is where I’m good at.

                 “Ok. Deal.” He announced like it’s no big deal.

                  I almost choked with my own saliva. Is he serious about that?

                  “Are y-you sure a-about that?” I asked hesitatingly.

                  “Yeah. Why? Do you want to change something?”

                  I waved my hands. “N-no. It’s just that… don’t you want to suggest something or like..some restrictions, too?”

                He put his hands on his pockets. “Umm… well, since you’re asking... I have two things. First, you should always be on call BUT since you’re a student like what you’ve said, I can consider you working for me AFTER you settled everything in your studies. But if it is something urgent, you have to come to me no matter what. Don’t worry… no more playing around this time.”

               I think for a moment before giving him my answer. “Ok. I guess it’s fair enough. And the last one?”

                “Secondly…” he looked at me straight to my eyes. I swear, there’s something weird that happened inside my stomach for a second. “I want you to stop liking that Donghae dude.”

                “Eh?” is all that I can say. “Pardon?” Am I hearing it right? Did he just ask me to stop liking ‘my’ Donghae?

               “Don’t go acting dumb-dumb when you actually heard it for the first time.”

               “B-but… you’re asking f-for…s-stop… I-I’m…” I can’t organize my words because of his absurd idea. “That’s ridiculous! Didn’t I just tell you a while ago to don’t go ask me for something that can involve my personal life?”

                “It’s not an order… It’s my one and only rule.”

                 “Can I ask why?” I questioned him disbelievingly. It’s just so stupid.

                 “Just because.” He even shrugged his shoulders.

                  I swear my life span is decreasing right now. HE.IS.SO.UNREASONABLE.

                   “No. If it meant breaking your one and only rule then I’ll do it. It is pointless in every possible way to impose that kind of rule though. I’m outta here. I’ll just wait for your call.” I bowed then turned my back to him and started walking away. As soon as I’ve reached my bike, I immediately started driving away from this place. It’s kind of surprising that he didn’t stop me from leaving.

                 “Well, it’s none of my concerns right now.”

 

# # #

Seungri’s POV

                We are now here sitting inside the car overlooking Jiyong-hyung at the Han River. He said he’s just going to check on Sandara but things suddenly got interesting. A pretty boy suddenly came out and approached Sandara, I can tell she likes the guy, but I was caught off guard after seeing Jiyong-hyung get comfy with Sandara. I mean he’s used to get ‘comfy’ with a lot of beautiful girls, but the way he do it with Sandara, there’s some hint of… of…

                 “Jealousy.” Top hyung said without tearing his eyes off to Jiyong – hyung who’s still following, with his eyes, the leaving Sandara.

                 “You gotta be kidding me, hyung…” I told him disbelievingly.

                 “Well, I didn’t mean to say it but it just came out in my mouth.” He said acting so innocent. It’s a disgusting sight to see.

                  “If Jiyong hyung hears you, he’s going to slit your throat right away.”

                   He put both his hands behind his head and leaned on the passenger seat. “As if he can do that.”

                 I remained silent. OK. Here’s the thing… we in YG Mafia has a simple rule… brotherhood. If you betray us, then you should run for your life. If you stay loyal to us, we’ll even catch a grenade for you. But you can’t trust everyone in the organization… there are still a lot who are hungry for power and money. I stayed with Jiyong hyung not just because he is the candidate for the position of the new Mafia Leader, but because he is the only person I trust. He doesn’t treat us just like one of his ‘units’ but he treat us like brothers.

             I stopped on my thoughts after hearing my phone beeped. Someone texted me. I hope it’s not one of my girls. I opened the SMS and frowned after reading its contents. It’s from Jiyong-hyung.

               “Who’s that?” Top hyung asked curiously.

              “It’s Jiyong hyung. He said to gather information about the pretty boy a while ago. He gave me the name of the guy which is… Donghae.”

             “Really?”

              I nodded. It’s kinda unusual for Jiyong hyung to ask about someone’s information unless that person has done something that speaks trouble to hyung. But as what I have observed a while back, that pretty boy doesn’t seem to made something inappropriate towards hyung or even Sandara.

              Top hyung looked at me while smiling impishly.

                “Let’s go for a bet, Seungri.”

               “What kind of bet?”

                His smile widen, almost revealing his gums. I smell something ’fishy’ with this bet he’s talking about. 

 

# # #

Sandara’s POV

              Unluckily, we don’t have classes for today, Tuesday. And it means, working the whole-8 hours with Mr. p3rvy. Bom and CL asked me to join them in shopping since they are excited about Chae’s party, which will be held four days from now, but I ditched them again. Mr. p3rvy called me last night to meet him in Apgujeong again, in his favorite coffee shop.

             As usual, he is late.

            “Hey, Pikachu!”

             There he is acting so nonchalant as if he didn’t make a girl wait for him. He sit in front of me.

            “Stop calling me, Pikachu…. Will you?.” I said in a hushed tone.

           “But I’m already used to it. You’re early by the way… excited to see me?” he even arched his eyebrows.

              “I’m not early… you’re just late.” I said starting to get irritated.

              He bites his lips seemingly stopping himself from smiling. “I like your irritated look, Pikachu.”

              I sighed. He’s such a flirt. I don’t even know if it’s a compliment or just a plain teasing again. Damn this jerk.

              “Let’s start working, Jiyong. I don’t have time for flirting.”

              He laughed.” HAHAHAHAHA!”

               I widened my eyes at him. We are not the only people at this place and he is laughing maniacally. This is so embarrassing.

                “I’m sorry..hahaha.. sorry.. I just can’t help it.”

                Finally, he stopped laughing. What’s so funny about what I said anyways?

               “You’re really interesting, Pikachu… You actually thought I’m flirting with you, huh?”

                Oh crap. Is that it? My useless mouth! Tsk.

               “W-well, I j-just can’t find any words to fit on what you are doing… so yeah… I b-blurted that one out.”

               He stayed silent while looking at me intensely. God, I might melt like a puddle of ice cream in here. He’s making me uncomfortable.

                 I cleared my throat to ease the unnerving things that I’m feeling. “Ehem… What now? Are we going t-to start working? ‘cause you know, my meter is running.”

                He leaned back on his seat. “Alright. I’ll tell you the details about your work for today but first, let me just taste some Iced Caramel Macchiato.”

              “As usual… his forever obsession with that iced coffee.”

 

#  #   #   #

 

 

Author’s note:

 

HOLLAAA! *waves hand*

End of chapter 5! ^___^

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to double update.. T__T

Mianhaeyo~ng! *bows*

But I made this chapter a little bit longer… (is it? <__<)

Kkkk~

Anyways, thank you for reading and I apologize if any

of you is disappointed about Jiyong not being overly jealous… but I kind of made him jealous anyway…kkkkk

BUT maybe we can see him like that for the succeeding chapters!

 

That’s all, folks!

Hengshow!!!