Chapter 18: Lee Donghae

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader

 

DARA’S POV

                      I’m now lying at my back in my bed staring at the ceiling. My mind is full of.... Jiyong.

                     The kiss...

                     The feeling still lingers on my lips. How his soft and gentle lips devoured mine. How I felt that familiar butterflies in my stomach. What happened earlier is so surreal and all of it is still vivid on my mind.

Flashback

                    His lips moved exceptionally well against mine. I’m not a good kisser, in fact, I’ve never kissed anyone. He did all the work while I followed his lead. I don’t know what’s gotten in me but I cannot bring myself to push him away. I feel like that everything is so right.

                  He finished the kiss when he noticed the need to breathe some air. He leaned his forehead into mine. I was about to say something but he just gave me another quick peck shutting my mouth.

               He brushed my lower lip with his thumb. “Shhh.... Don’t say anything.” He mumbled.

              He moved his face away from mine and just like that, he shoved his hands on his pocket and turned his back at me.

              I was bathed with silence. The murmurs of the people passing by were washed away with the loud beating of my heart.

              I was just staring at his retreating back, unable to move on my spot. My breath caught on my throat when he halted on his steps and looked back at me.

                “Let’s go... Dara.”

                 Dugeun... Dugeun... Dugeun...

                                                                                                     -end of flashback

 

                   I abruptly bolted from my bed and did an Indian sit while pulling my hair in every direction. I’m crazy. Yeah. I know that.

                  BUT I REALLY CAN”T STOP THINKING ABOUT HIM!!!

                  Why didn’t he say anything after the kiss? He could’ve had said something so I will not be overthinking everything right now. I shouldn’t have let him kissed me like that. Aishhh... What will he think of me right now?  That I’m an easy girl? Like, it doesn’t matter if he suddenly kisses me anytime or anywhere because I will not complain???? NOOOOO! I need to talk to him and clarify things. Or maybe even give him a solid punch on the face. Yeah. That’s right.

                       “But.... at this hour? It’s already past eleven pm. Ugh... “ I talked to myself and then I lie down on my bed again. I exhaled audibly left with nothing to do. I turned my head on my bedside table and found my phone on top of it. I abruptly grabbed it and stared at it. “Should I call him?” I unlock the screen and search for his number. I really need to talk to him. I will not be able to sleep tonight if I can’t clarify all the things that are happening between ‘us’.

                    ..us?

                  I mean. Me. All the things that are happening to me.

                  I shake my head and then exhaled loudly. One press and I’ll hear his voice again. It’s just Jiyong. I can do it.

                  “Press dial and then... “ I can feel my hands getting cold by the minute. Am I nervous? “It’s just a call, Dara... a call... you just have to say ‘hello’, asked him the million dollar question then wait for his answer and Voila! It’s done. You made the call and you can sleep peacefully.”  After convincing myself, I bravely pressed the dial icon... but my bravery doesn’t live long because before I can even connect to the call, I already tapped the end call icon.

                  GAAHHHH! I CAN’T DO IT!

 

#       #    #

JIYONG’S POV

                 “Oh~ Jiyong-sii? What brought you here?” Lee Donghae asked seemingly surprised on my sudden visit.

                  I examined his way of breathing. It seems pretty normal. No signs of running from the stairs. But it doesn’t mean that I’ll let him slip that easily.

                 “Can I come in? I need to talk to you... about something.”

                  He chuckled. “Sure.” He widened the door and let me come inside his flat. His place is really big, signifying that he’s not just an average person when it comes to economic status. “Sorry ‘bout the mess, I haven’t cleaned up.” He went behind the home bar.

                  I noticed two laptops on top of the center table in the living room. I shoved my hand inside my right pocket and turn off the tracking device.

                  “So how do you know I live here?” he asked while pouring some drinks on the wine glasses placed on the bar top. “I mean... you know... I can’t consider you as ‘someone I know’, you are to me, too... so I thought that it’s too... strange. Don’t you think so?” His expression changed into something... serious.

                       “I guess Pikachu doesn’t talk about me that much to you. I have my ways on knowing things.” I remembered that night when I saw him kissed Sandara. Although, his back is facing me and I didn’t clearly saw him kissed her, it still infuriated me.

                    “Pikachu?” he handed me the other glass of wine. “You seriously call Dara like that?” he chuckled. “For someone who is courting her, don’t you think it’s no good? I bet she’ll like it if you call her by her name.”

                     “Let’s stop talking about her.” I said getting irritated.

                    “Really? So why are you here? I thought it’s about Dara that we are going to talk about because it seems that you don’t like my presence when I’m around her.” he sipped on his glass of wine. “Does it mean I can make my move on her?” he asked mischievously.

                   “Don’t you even try.”

                  He laughed. “Hahahahaha... I’m just kidding. Man, just chill, okay? I thought you’re going to kill me with your stares.”  

                  I exhaled deeply, trying to calm myself. If I act in impulse, I might miss this chance and all the things that Youngbae did will put into waste. Just a little more... Be patient. I need something that will prove my hunch over this guy.

                 “So what is really the reason you’re here?” he uttered and then stand beside me. His back leaning on the bar. He sipped again on his wine.

                  “I just need to confirm something... Your taking up Information Technology, right?”

                    “Yeah. That two laptops on the center table say so. But I’m really bad at my chosen course. I should have gone into business management. Why’d you asked?”

                   I tightened my grip on the glass wine. He is answering my questions casually. No hint of hesitations and nervousness on his voice.

                   A well-trained Mafia like me could do the same thing. Don’t show them that you are lying.

                  Before he could ask another question, I purposely let the wine glass slipped on my hand. I saw him flinched and in one swift move he caught it with his left hand, his other hand occupied by his own glass of wine.

                  Good reflexes.

                   “You’ve got good reflexes. A normal person can’t catch it in that span of time.” I uttered. He is not just a university student. I can assure that now.

                    “Oopps.” The wine glass came crushing on the floor when he let go of it. That came as a cue. He swiftly got something under one of the bar stools and the next thing I knew, I’m pointing a gun on his head.... and he is to me, too.

                  “Who are you?” I asked giving him a dangerous stare.

                  “I’m Lee Donghae.” His eyes never leaving mine.  Just by looking at how he grips the gun, I am certain that he is good at using it.

                 “Don’t give me that crap. Who is the ‘real’ you?”

                 “G-Dragon of the YG Mafia. I’m actually expecting you to find about me... but it came too early.”

                  “You made the wrong decision on playing with us. Sending that video is a very wrong move.”

                  His forehead creased in confusion. “A video?”

                  I smirked. “Acting like you don’t know it, eh? Well... fxck you!”

                 “I really don’t know what you are talking about. You’re accusing the wrong person. What do you mean by video?”  

                “Stop with your bullsh!ts! Searching for the cylinder will take you nowhere. I already have it in my custody. What do you want from the successor anyways?”

                 He fell silent as if realizing something. “Sh!t!” he mumbled while looking away. He slowly dropped his hand holding the gun. His eyes searching for nothing in particular.

                 I didn’t move on my spot and keep the gun pointed at him. “Tell me. Who are you working for?” I remembered how he is getting friendly with Sandara. “And why are you sticking with Sandara? Acting friendly and sh!ts around her. Are you somewhat using her to gather information about me?”

                   “This is all planned out. There’s someone out there who is getting control of the situation.”

                  Irritation consumed me and I pointed the gun closer to his head. “All I have to do is pull the trigger and you’ll definitely turn into a cold body. Don’t make me repeat my words, ba$tard!”

                He shifted his gaze into me. I am quite surprised how his eyes don’t convey any fears.“If I were you, I wouldn’t pull that trigger. I’m the only person who can lead you to the successor.”

                 “That’s bullsh---“

                “Sandara Park is the real successor.... And I’m her protector.”

                

#     #     #

DARA’S POV

                      It’s already one’o clock in the morning and I’m still wide awake playing with my cellphone. Opening and then closing its screen. I bet if this thing could talk, it’ll probably curse me for the hundredth time now.

                   “Jiyong... you’re so unfair. You’ll most likely say that the kiss is just nothing and I should forget about it. That’s what bad boys do.” I sighed. “But by just thinking about it, it does something weird in my heart. Like it’s in... pain.” I talked to myself.

                      He didn’t insist on walking me home after I told him ONCE that I’m fine by myself. Well, come on. The guy just kissed me. I mean, if that kiss mean something for him, he’ll surely bring his as$ to walk me home so we can talk about stuffs. Just like in the movies.

                 “Stop watching movies, Dara. They’re all fake and scripted.” I said breaking my own train of thoughts.

                  I sighed for the last time and decided to end my misery. Yeah. I need to make the call. I sat on my bed, my feet on the floor. I opened my phone and scan on my contact list. Once I found his name, I immediately tap on it and dial his number. No more hesitations.

               Ringggg.... ring.... ring...

                 With every ring, my heart is doubling its pace. Will he answer it? It’ already late and I bet he is already in his dreamland. But I’m still taking my chances. “Calm down. Calm down. Calm—Hello?”

                 “Hello...”

                  OH MY GHAAAD! HE ANSWERED IT!! EOTTOKE??

                  I cleared my throat. “Umm... J-jiyong?”

                 “Of course. Who would you expect it to be?”

                 I felt a stinging pain on my chest. He doesn’t sound amused at my late night call. “I’m s-sorry for calling l-late...”

                I heard him sigh in the other line. “What’s this all about?”

                I cleared my throat again. “Umm... e-earlier... w-we.. umm.. the kiss... w-why did you kiss me?” There. I said it! I bit my lips while playing with the hem of my shirt. Anxiously waiting for his answer.

                Silence enveloped the both of us. All I can hear is his steady breathing from the other line.

                “J-jiyong?”

                 “Because you let me.” he said. “Now, I’m throwing your question back at you. Why did you let me kiss you?”

                  That’s a hard question. I keep asking it to myself but I just ended up with nothing. “I... I don’t know BUT you’re being unfair. Your reason is unacceptable. You don’t go kissing someone just because you felt like they let you do so.”

                 “I’d go kissing someone when I wanted to. As far as I can remember, no girl has ever refused..... and asked the questions you are asking me now.”

                 “Well I’m not that kind of girl.” I’m starting to get annoyed. How can he say such things to me? “It doesn’t rest well with me, Jiyong.”

                  I heard him mutter a cursed from the other line. “Forget about it.”

                  “W-what?”

                  “I’m going to sleep. Bye.”

                  And the next thing I heard is the busy tone. He hung up on me.

                  Forget about it.

                Although I’m already expecting it to happen, my heart reacted to it more than what I imagine. The stabbing pain. It felt like my heart stopped from pumping blood and my body become numb. Why am I hurting this way? I shouldn’t make the call. I just made my life miserable.

                 I blinked away the tears that formed in my eyes but it still roll in my cheeks. I wiped it away and breathed heavily. Am I actually expecting for something different? Hoping that he would answer differently? I don’t know. These feelings I’m having over him is growing on me. I don’t know what it is. It is still new to me.

                   And now, I’m even crying because of him. I’m so stupid.

 

#    #   #

JIYONG’S POV

                   “I’m going to sleep. Bye.” As soon as I ended the call, I tossed my phone on the sofa where I’m sitting at. I brushed my face with my palm. She’s still awake because of that fxcking damn kiss. She’s making it hard for me. I’m aching to see her but I can’t make this even more complicated right now. After talking to Donghae, my mind is fuddled but one thing is clear...

                    I need to protect ‘her’...

                   I looked at the cylinder on top of the center table, which I opened, as soon as I get back in our turf. The truce was there but the ring is nowhere to be found.

Flashback...

                    “What are you talking about?” I asked Lee Donghae with my gun still pointed on his head.

                   “Sandara Park. The daughter of Mr. ChanSeok Park and Mrs. Minyoung Park. His father died in a car accident... or so as they believed. The truth is, he decided to sacrifice his self to make sure of her daughter and wife’s safety. He threw the cylinder on the river but kept the ring with his wife. He changed and deleted some of his information in the database so no one will be able to track down his family. He decided to keep all his wealth on a trust fund for Sandara for her future.  All he wanted is to give his only daughter a normal life.”

                       Slowly, I dropped the gun and decided to listen to him. He doesn’t seem to make these things up.

                   “And I’m her chosen protector. It has been decided long time ago that the descendant will have her own protector. This was made by the leader of the 3rd generation. I’m from the Ying clan, home of allies of the descendant’s clan. We are indebted with our lives for the founder of this clan. All my life, I’ve been trained physically, mentally and emotionally. I’ve been looking out for Sandara since we we’re young. Lurking in the shadows, protecting her from afar. I was about to stay in the shadows but you came so I have to reveal myself to her in a way that I can get her attention. Acting friendly and playful is one of them. Making her believe that I belong to the group of students’ in the university. In short, doing the camouflage. I did get some information from her about you, all for the sake of protecting her. Especially for the likes of you, a member of YG Mafia.”

                    “You can’t keep this entire thing from the YG Mafia especially that everyone is basically searching for the successor.”

                   “You’re the reason why these things are happening. You should have stayed away from her in the first place. Now, there’s someone out there who is playing on us on like a puppet on his hands. Why do you think he brought you here? If that person led you here, he sure knows something about me. His main goal is for us to kill each other.”

                    “You’re not making any sens---“

                   “Everything makes sense. I don’t know what video he sent to you, but he sure did a great job to make it point to where I lived. Using that as his medium so you could accused me, leaving me with no choice but to protect myself. He thought we might kill each other.”

                  I cursed under my breath. “If he knows about you, then he might know about Sandara,too?”

                 “Maybe yes, maybe not. One thing is for sure, he is planning something big.”

                 “I won’t let him get Sandara...”

                  Donghae looked at me with a creased on her forehead. “You can actually kill me right now and bring Sandara to your organization, so you could be the next Mafia leader... but you saying such thing made me think otherwise. Are you somewhat... caring about her?”

                  “No. I just don’t want to ruin her life.... like what I did to mine.”

                  “If that’s what you want... then stay away from her.”

                                                                                                           -end of flashback

 

                  I know that, me, staying away from her will make her safe. Protecting her from the shadows will do for now. What I need to do first is to execute what Donghae and I planned. Although, I can’t trust the guy enough plus I don’t really like him, he is the only person that can protect Sandara besides me. We have the same thought that the infiltrator might be a member of the Mafia, so keeping what we have talked about in secrets is the best thing to do. He’ll pretend that he’s already dead so the person behind all this will thought that he succeeded on his plan. Donghae will stay incognito for two days; it’s already enough for the infiltrator to believe that Donghae is already out of the scene. He will still lookout for Sandara Park the way he always do, making sure that no one will notice him.

                   As for me, I have to do all the works finding this as$hole without getting suspicious. And I will be starting with the Mafia members. Of course, I can’t do this alone. I have to tell bits of pieces to my units. The only people I trust in this organization.

                    And as for Sandara, I have to keep away my face for her for a while... or maybe for a long time.

                   Even if it kills me, I need to protect that smile of hers.

 

 

#   #   #

 

 

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

Annyeong haseyo yeolobun!

Keep safe everyone especially those who are from the

Philippines. They’re experiencing a big storm right now.. Be safe!

Pray a lot!

 

SO I GUESS, IT’S BEEN TOO LONG SINCE I UPDATED

IT’S JUST THAT I’VE BEEN OUT OF IDEAS THESE PAST FEW

DAYS BECAUSE I’M BUSY WITH WORK...

 

Please continue supporting my fic and every Daragon

fanfic out there! I hope I inspired you to write your own story,too! J

 

THANKS FOR THE LOVE EVERYONE!

PPYOONG!

 

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:

@superrookie_aff