Chapter 19: Mother Knows Best

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader

 

JIYONG’s POV

                     “WHAAAAAAAAT?”

                      “Shut the fxck up,hyung...” I reprimanded Top-hyung after he reacted like that when I’m done with my revelations about Lee Donghae, Sandara and the traitor. He zipped his lips afterwards like the retarded that he is. The other members just shake their heads with disbeliefs.

                     “This is a serious matter and I’m not supposed to tell all of this to the four of you... but being in this situation, the only people I could trust are you.”

                     “You got our back, Boss...” Daesung said while giving me his very bright smile along with two thumbs up.

                    I looked at all of them one by one, and they seemed determined to cooperate but something caught my attention.... Youngbae.

                  “Can I ask you a question, Jiyong?”

                   Among these guys, Youngbae is the first one to be recruited in the organization and be assigned in my team. We started from scratches. We’ve battled together. We faced death together. He knows me more than anyone in this room.

                     “Why go all through this? You can just simply bring ‘her’ here then you can be the next Mafia Leader. That’s our main goal after all.” Youngbae asked without tearing his gaze at me.

                      All of them are waiting for my answer. That’s the same question that Donghae asked me. I answered him without second thought... I should do the same when it comes to them.

                     “She’s... I can’t---“

                     Consecutive knocks on the door cut off my sentence. Phew. Anyways, the knocks seemed urgent. Youngbae looked at me first as if saying ‘’where not yet done here’ before attending to the person knocking on the door. He checks on who it was before looking back at us and mouthed ‘Jung Ilwoo”. I signaled him to open the door. Why is this guy here?

                   He bowed before entering the room without my permission. I wonder why he is alone.

                   “Is that an act of respect? Entering my turf without asking for my permission?” I questioned him but he just ignored my question and just continued on what his real intent is.

                    He smiled. That smile that always irritates me. It’s like he is mocking me. “I came here to pass a message since I can see that you are very unaware of what’s happening on the organization.”

                   “What the---“

                     I slightly raised my hand to stop Top-hyung from giving a violent reaction. “Just deliver the message and leave immediately.”

                    He smirked first before continuing. “Two consecutive days, four mafia members we’re killed in their respective hideouts.” All of us are shocked to hear this news. “As of now, this information is being conveyed to the other members of the organization.”

                    I know that there is something else other than this shocking news. He will not deliver it personally without any other important reason.

                   “Of course there’s something more.” He walked closer to me but I didn’t falter on my spot. “Details of the investigation are prohibited to be conveyed to the other members. But I came here to warn you.” He tapped my shoulder. “I have my eyes on you.”  I frowned. What did he mean by that?

                   “What the fxck are you talking about?”

                   He just shrugged his shoulders and shoved his hands on his pocket before turning his back at me and nonchalantly leaves the place.

                     “Boss, I can never trust that guy.” Top uttered when Ilwoo is already out of our sight.

                     “Daesung, Seungri... keep your eyes on him. Keep it low and don’t get caught.”

                    “Alright, boss.” The two said in unison.

                     With this sudden news, the situation gets even more complicated. Could it be possible that the culprit behind these killings and the one we are trying to catch is the same person? The possibilities are endless and I can’t let my guards down.

#  #   #

Dara’s POV

                  “Dara-yah! This is soooooo sudden!” Bom over reacted on my announcement. She even hold me on both of my arms while shaking me from left to right. Ack. My bones.

                  I peeled of her hands on my arms. “I’m still not sure if I’m staying there for good, alright? You don’t have to over react like that Bom-ah.”

                      “But I can see through you that it is your plan. I know it hasn’t been good with your scholarship but come on, what are friends are for if you won’t ask for our help. We are very willing to help you, Dara-yah.” Chaerin said almost getting impatient.  “It’s the last semester anyways... you can just pay us when you found a job.”

                    “Don’t worry Chaerinnie, I’m looking at that possibility but I still need this getaway to...to think things through.”

                 “What ‘things’ are you talking about?”

                  I sighed.

                  My mind is still fuddled up because of my scholarship but what Chaerin said is actually the easiest resort to get out of this problem. She’s right. It’s the last semester anyways. So why am I doing all these dramas? I.DON’T.KNOW. Aisshhh.

                I admit. Jiyong is one of the reason—no— he is the main reason on why am being like this. I think he is since the very start of my ‘unorganized thoughts and emotions’. Why him? I don’t know,too. That’s why I need to get away from here and talk to my mother. She’s the only person who can answer all these questions.

                After that night I cried for him, he hasn’t contacted me yet and it’s already been two days. Is that it? Forget about the kiss and gone like the wind? I guess it doesn’t really matter to him. I don’t really matter to him.

                  ”Dara! Gosh... you’re spacing out again.”

                  I blinked for a few times. Bom’s slight tap on my arm break my train of thoughts. “Sorry...”

                 “You don’t have to answer my question if it makes you space out like that, y’know.” Chaerin added.

                  I smiled. “My train is coming, I can’t stay that long.”

                  “Alright. Alright. Call us ok?”

                  “We have a lot of things to talk about when you get back. You’ll definitely need to get back.”

                 I smiled again and unexpectedly they hug me. They didn’t say anything but I can feel the message they want to impart with their hugs. I know they’ll always be there for me. And so am I to them.

                  “Thank you.” I muttered and hugged them back.

 

#    #   #

                  Not far from the three friends bidding their goodbyes, hiding in the shadows, Donghae called someone to report the sudden news.

                 “Kwon, this is Donghae. Change of plans.” He said to the person from the other line.

 

#    #    #

TOP’s POV

                    “Busan? Why?” I asked uninterestedly. Or should I say, I purposely make it look like that. (evil laugh) I am cleaning my sniper and I didn’t give Jiyong a glance but I can see through my peripheral vision on how uneasy he looks like.  He just asked me to accompany him to Busan. With this situation we are in, I’m pretty sure that nothing can distract him. Unless it is a ‘someone’.

                  “I’m attending that Yakuza initiation.” He said in his most icy cold voice. That made me whipped my head in his direction. THAT’S OBVIOUSLY A BIG FAT LIEEEEE!

                   “Don’t give me that look. I just thought that it’s the time to entertain his invitation so he won’t bother me again. It’s just for three days anyways.” He continued while opening a can of beer.

                    I carefully put down my sniper at the center table then stood up and face him. “Three days.? Can you even hear what you’re saying? All these years, you denied all their invitations and NOW, with all these sh!ts we are facing, you are seriously saying that? Come on, Ji! Tell me that’s not the real reason you’re going to Busan.” I used my hidden acting skills at him. HAHAHAHAHA... I am one hundred percent sure that it’s not about that Yakuza clan. Like HELLOOO~ (snaps my finger in the air) he CONSISTENTLY avoided that clan since like I was a v!rgin and that was a long long time ago!

                   “I’ve already tell you the reason. Stop giving me that doubtful look. Pack your bags. We’re leaving tonight.” Then he walked out on me.

                  Can I pull my hair in frustration? This guy. He can just tell me the real reason (which I bet is about Sandara Park) and then we can elope immediately. It’s not like I’m going to t3ase him for the rest of his life if he tells me the truth. When did I do that? *acting innocent*

 

#    #    #

JIYONG’s POV

                    I don’t have a choice but to go to Busan. That Donghae. He’s so useless.

Flashback...

                 “Hello.” A private number called me while I’m busy checking all the files, which contain the hidden data about all the members of the organization, gathered by Youngbae. It has been 2 days since I started searching for some clues. It’s also been two days that I stop contacting or seeing Sandara though I asked Top and Youngbae to look after her every day. We are still unsure if the enemy knows her existence so we need to keep our guards up.

                “Kwon, this is Donghae. Change of plans.” The person said from the other line.

                 I immediately stood up from my seat and make sure that the doors are locked. “Change of plans is definitely not my thing. This better be a reasonable one, Lee.”

                 “Sandara is going home in her hometown in Busan... now.”

                  “Then follow her.”

                   “I can’t leave Seoul for now. I still need to go incognito or else the enemy might catch us. Riding a train, plane or driving a car is not a good idea at all. CCTV’s are everywhere and I still need to make a new fake driver’s license and a fake passport for me to travel outside Seoul.”

                 “You should have told me that beforehand. My friend can help you with that though it’ll take 3 days to finish.”

                   “Exactly. My point is, I can’t look after her in Busan. I need someone as SKILLED as me to take my spot. Just for three days.”

                   “And I’m that person, right?” He didn’t answer but I’m pretty sure that I’m right. “I’m in a very bad position right now, Lee. The organization is getting messy right now and to add to that, I’m trying not to show my face at Sandara Park. Just like what you said, I need to get away from her. Don’t you think that the thing you are asking me to do now CONFLICTS to the latter one that you asked me to do?”

                 “I know. But it’s just for three days. You don’t have to show your face at her. You can always hide in shadows. You just have to make sure that she is safe. If I have another choice, then I definitely won’t ask for your help but this is my only choice. Her mom and me are always in contact. She knows what’s happening.”

                  I massaged my temple. This is giving me a headache. Leaving me with no choice, I have to agree with him. “Alright. Just for three days... but wait.. why is she going back in Busan anyways?”

                 “ A vacation. Or perhaps, she’s going to stay there for good. I still need to talk to Mrs. Park.”

                 “And why is that? Isn’t she a graduating student?”

                  “Oh. You still don’t know what happened.”

                   “What are you talking about?”

                  “Her scholarship has been revoked.“

                                                                                                               -end of flashback

 

                     “No one informed me about Sandara’s scholarship.” We are now on our way to Busan. I chose to drive because I want to get there as fast as I can. This big guy beside me, slouching on the passenger seat, seems to be starting to get some sleep. It’s already late, and it’s a 5-hour drive to get to Busan.

                     “I thought Sandara told you...” he answered half-asleep.

                     “I wouldn’t ask you now if she told me.”

                     He fixed his cap to hide his eyes and sit more comfortably in the passenger seat. “You don’t have to worry ‘bout that, Park Bom told me that they’re going to help her. She said that they won’t allow their friend to be left alone and blah..blah..blah...”

                      I hit the steering wheel to ease my irritation. Irritation at myself. I’m the reason why she lost her scholarship. That’s the reason why at first, she’s acting so distant that time when we last met. Why didn’t she tell me about it?

 

#    #    #

DARA’s POV

                      “EOMMMAA!!!” Once I get off the bus, I saw my mother waiting for me at our small gate and without second thought; I dropped all my things and run to give my mother a tight hug.

                      “Aigoo~ My Dara...” she hugged me back with equal intensity. It’s been so long since we hugged like this.

                     “I miss you, eomma...” A tear escaped my eyes. This is what I really need. I hug her even tighter.

                     “I miss you, too...my baby.” She rubbed my back as if knowing that I’m already doing my water works. “Why don’t we get inside first?  I know you’re hungry and it’s already getting late.”

                      But I didn’t move on my spot. “Can we stay like this for a few more minutes?”

                    Though I can’t see her face, I can sense that she smiled. “Alright. Alright.” Then she brushed my hair with her palms and hugged me even tighter.

                    Nothing beats the love of a mother.

 

#    #   #

                     “Boss... G-Dragon has gone out of town. His destination is still unknown. He left with Choi Seunghyun an hour ago.” A guy with a black face mask reported to the person sitting on a chair and holding a glass of wine.

                   He nodded and smirked.  “I already know that. Find where his destination is and let two men follow him. And while he’s on his trip, take this chance to search for the successor and execute our next plan. Make it clean as much as possible. “

                     “Yes, boss.” He bowed and then leaves the room.

                    “YG Mafia. Son of a b!tch. I’ve been waiting for so long to get my revenge. And I’ll make sure that no one could stop me.”

                     His hold on the wine glass tightened. His eyes full of rage. One thing is running on his mind and that is to destroy the YG Mafia and kill the people who stole his whole life.

 

#    #   #

DARA’s POV

                  After eating my late dinner,   I’m now on my room, arranging my things and getting ready to get some rest. Gosh. How much I miss my bed. Although, I have a softer bed in my apartment, nothing beats my bed at home. I jumped on it and lay flat on my stomach. It is so comfortable.

                   A knock on my door caught my attention. It’s my mother. “Dara, change your clothes first before going to bed.” I smiled. I sit on my bed and tap the side of it urging my mother to sit beside me and she did.

                  “We have all day tomorrow to talk, so you better get some sleep now.” I placed my head on her shoulder then she brushed my hair.

                   “I know. “ I muttered.

                   We stayed silent for a moment. There are things running on my mind now but being on my mother’s arms make me feel better. All the worries and confusions fade away, at least for this moment only, but I’m still thankful for this chance to be with my mother again.

                 “Eomma, can I ask you something?”

                  “Can’t it wait for tomorrow?”

                 “Just this one, please~~?”

                  She giggled with my cuteness. “Ok~ What is it?”

                 “Is there a point in your life where you felt sad, happy, confused, angry... I mean... you can’t explain it ‘cause different emotions just kept on pouring down simultaneously?” I sit properly and face her. “Does it sound crazy?”

                    She chuckled. “Am I really hearing this coming from my daughter?”

                   “Eomma~”

                   “Alright. Well... I just have one question.” She placed her right hand on my head. “Are you sure that those emotions are not just made up by your mind?” then she placed her hand on my left chest. “Or those are really what your heart has been through?”

                  “I’ve never felt that way before, eomma so I’m pretty sure that it is not my mind talking.”

                  “Then I must say that you are in a deep trouble.”

                  “Aigooo~ Eomma..Don’t give me vague answers. I’m not that clever to crack the hidden message on your words.”

                  She laughed. “I am not sure if you are going to like my answer, my daughter. I think it will make you even more confused.”

                  “Come on... Just tell me a time where you felt such... such absurd emotions. Please~~~” I clasped my hands together to plead. I even gave her my ‘take-a-pity-on-me’ look.

                  She stands up and mess my hair. She walks in the door and turn the knob. She’s leaving. “Hey. Where are you going, eomma? You haven’t answered me yet.”

                  “Dara... I’ve first felt that way when I met your father. He’s the only person who can make my emotions all jumbled up like that.”

                    “Appa?”

                    “Yes.”

                     “Eh? Why?”

                    “I don’t know. Maybe because I fall in love with him.”

                    “F-fall.. in... l-love?”

                     She nodded. “Yes. That’s why I told you that you are in a deep trouble.”

                     I stared at nothing in particular. I’ve never thought about that. Falling in love? Is that the answer to all my questions? Is that even possible?

                    “Goodnight, Dara. Don’t think about it that much. Let’s talk about the person who made you felt that way tomorrow. I bet HE is an interesting one.” Before I can retaliate, she already closed the door.

                    He? What did she mean by ‘he’? Is she talking about Jiyong? Yeah. He’s the only person who made me felt that way. Does it mean...

                       NO!!!!!!!!!!!

 

#    #     #

                         “Hello. Donghae~ssi. She’s now on her room.”

                               “Good to hear that, Mrs. Park.” The person from the other line said. “I’m sorry I can’t be there. I need to take care of some things.”

                            “I know. Is that guy coming?”

                           “Yes, Mrs. Park. I don’t have any choice but to ask for his help. Though it seems impossible, he’s the only person I can entrust Sandara with. He’ll be in Busan tomorrow, early in the morning.”

                         “I’d like to meet him.”

                         “I’m sorry... What did you say, Mrs. Park?”

                         “I need to meet him.”

 

#     #     # 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR’s NOTE:

OMG!!! SORRY FOR THE LONG HIATUS!!! T__T

BEEN BUSY WITH WORK AND FAMILY AND ERR’THING!!!

I owe you a lot of chapter guys!

I’LL MAKE IT UP TO YOU! ^___^

 

See you soonest for the next chapters!

 

AND WHOA! 600 plus subscribers!

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

 

PLEASE UPVOTE!

ALSO,

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:

I”LL FOLLOW BACK!
@superrookie_aff