Chapter 7: Tracksuit

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader

 

 Jiyong’s POV

                 I ended the phone call. It was from my father’s right wing man, Jung Ilwoo.

                 “I’ve never get along with the guy.”

                 And now I’m on my way at the back of the store which is away from the public’s eye. The call is so sudden and very ‘rare’ so I have to leave Sandara for a while immediately. I know that this is something really important.

                When I reached the rendezvous point, I saw a black car and four men waiting for me. They bowed at me as a sign of respect once they saw me. Seungri and Top who have been hiding in the shadows show up and stand by my side.

                 “Good day, Boss GD.” Ilwoo said with formality then he regarded the other two by bowing at them slightly.

                 “What is it that I have to meet you here?” I asked directly.

                  This kind of ‘sudden’ meet up is only happening if there is some emergency or information that needs to be disseminated verbally among the members of the Mafia. This information dissemination is usually done by the designated officers of the organization which we called the ‘Snitches’. But since Ilwoo is the one who is in front of me now, what he's about to say is something that only 'me' should know.

               "Sajangnim sent me here to personally ask you about the successor. Have you found her?" he said.

                "No." I lied. “I’ll tell him once I found her.”

                 This is definitely not the main reason that he is here. If this is just about the ‘successor’, he can just set an appointment with me. Besides, they have their own search unit for that matter.

                “Ok. Please cooperate well, Boss GD. This is something… that we should PRIORITIZE.”

                “I know what I’m doing… don’t tell me what to do.” I asked a bit annoyed. This is why I don’t like him.

                “Really?” he asked with a hint of uncertainty. And I don’t like that.

                One of his men handed him a brown envelop. “Sajangnim wants to meet you later this evening in his office.” He glances at Top and Seungri before returning his gaze at me. “Only you.”

                 He gave me the brown envelop. “What are you going to talk about is inside that envelop. Please open it after we leave. See you at the gathering tomorrow.”

              They bowed at us before mounting on their car. Then they start the ignition and speed off.

            “I can never like that guy…” Seungri commented.

             “He acts confident too much for my liking.” Top seconded. “I’m way cooler than him.”

              “Go back in hiding. Look out for Sandara.” I directed.

              “Alright, boss.” Both of them said in unison before disappearing on my sight.

              I looked at the envelop that I’m holding. I already have an idea on what’s inside of it. I opened it and as what I have expected, it’s a picture of Sandara Park.

 

#   #    #

                 “She’s waiting outside, Boss. And now, she got some company… a ‘not-so-good’ company.” Top said in the other line.

                 “Ok.” I ended the phone call. *sigh* She’s in an uncompromising situation again.

                  I’m still not over at the fact that my father wants to talk to me about Sandara. Did he found out about her being the successor? The possibility is high but if he already found it out, Sandara wouldn’t be with me today. He always acts on-the-spot so there’s also a chance that he hadn’t found it out.

                   Nah. I’ll trouble myself with it later. For now, I have to save someone’s as$ again.  

                 “Sir, these are your purchases.” A staff handed me two paper bags.

                  I took it and immediately turn on my heels without saying anything. I don’t know why but I’m on a rush…

               When I got out of the store, the sight of Sandara with three girls surrounding her welcomed me.  She’s obviously being bullied.

                   “If wearing tracksuit like the way you do will be THE TREND in our University, I PROMISED I’ll shave my eyebrows clean!” I overheard one of the girls said.

                 Tsk…

                 Look at that. Sandara’s just standing there taking all those sh*tty things that those bullies are throwing at her. She’s not going to defend herself again. How weak can she get?

                  “Unfortunately, THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE!” one of them said as they laugh.

                   OK. That’s enough…

#   #     #

Sandara’s POV

                          “IS HE YOUR BOYFRIEND???” they asked simultaneously.

                           I held the bridge of my nose with my thumb and index finger while shaking my head. This is trouble again… Why am I always the ‘unlucky’ target for this kind of misfortune? WHY?

                           “I hope he won’t say anything stupid like saying ‘yes’, just like what he did when he met Donghae.”

                         “No…I’m not…”

                         “Eh?” I abruptly whipped my head at him. Why did he say ‘no’?

                           WHY AM I EVEN ASKING ‘WHY’? OF COURSE HE”LL SAY ‘NO’! WHAT AM I EXPECTING?

                           “But why do I feel a bit… disappointed?” I’m staring at him but he’s not looking at me. I guess he won’t do the same act again. Moreover, what benefit can he get if he did that?

                          I heard a sigh of relief coming from the three.

                          “Wow. You almost got us there ‘bright Dara’.” Sulli said while her hands are crossed in her upper body as if a thorn has been removed in her chest.

                         “Of course it is impossible for you to get a boyfriend like him…ahahahaha” Victoria mocked me.

                         Damn it. Why am I being affected all of a sudden? I feel like I’m slowly sinking on my spot and my heart is heavy. Is this still about the unpleasant remarks of these three or because of Jiyong dismissing the idea of him being my boyfriend?

                          All I can do is look down and pretend I’m not hearing anything---

                         “I’m not…. not YET her boyfriend.” Jiyong said as he stays by my side and put his arms around my shoulder. “She’s kind of hard to get but I’ll definitely make her say ‘YES’. When that time comes, my sufferings, my efforts and the wait will UNDENIABLY be WORTH IT.”

                      My eyes widen after hearing that. He’s acting like he is COURTING me. I looked up to him and surprisingly he’s looking down at me with a smile on his face… as if I’m the only girl right at this moment.

                       I heard my heart skip a beat and I can’t take my eyes off of him. I want to say something but my mind is not working. What’s happening to me? It’s like I’m paralyzed.

                       “Let’s go get something to eat. I bet you're hungry, too.” Then he withdrew his arms… and held my hand…tightly.

                       I felt secured at the moment…

                     “Umm…I just want to suggest something… If we drive my car to get at our destination, I won’t have that much time with you…” he scratched his head acting shy. “So… if it’s alright… I’d like to walk our way in there instead.”

                     I know that he’s just acting BUT GAAAAHHHHH!!!! It was SOO CHESSYYYY and I can’t help myself but feel giddy. Geez… he has his way with words.

                     “I’m sorry girls but we have to go…”

                       He pulled me and I get a chance to see Krystal and her friends’ reactions. They’re dumbfounded while following us with their gaze. I know it’s wrong but I can’t stop myself from smiling as if I won against them… for the first time.

                       When I thought that the show is over, Jiyong halted on his steps, so am I, and gave the three girls some ‘shocking’ parting words.

                      “One more thing…” he glanced at them without fully turning his head at them. “Don’t you dare make fun of her again… I’ll be watching you.” he threatened with deadpan eyes before resuming our walk.

                   I looked up to him while we are walking hand in hand…but he’s just looking straight ahead. I looked down because I’m starting to turn tomato red again.

                       “T-thank you.” I uttered but he didn’t answer back.

 

#   #   #

                        “I’m SO fullll! Thank you for the food! Whoa!” I leaned on my seat and tap my happy tummy. It’s been a while since I ate such delectable cuisines.  

                        We are now here at a simple Korean restaurant where we took our lunch. Jiyong paid for all the foods that we ate, of course. Well, he is the one who insisted on eating here. I told him I don’t have money but he said that he can handle the bill so who am I to refused such blessings? I’m just a human anyways. I’m vulnerable with such temptations.

                        “You sure eat like a monster.” Jiyong teased but I didn’t care. I’m too happy at the moment and no one can ruin my mood.

                         “You can’t blame me… they’re mouth-watering!” I retaliate with a smile.

                         “Anyways.. who are those girls that are making fun of you?”

                         “Ahh… they’re my constant bullies. They always find time to ruin my day in the university… They particularly hate my tracksuits. Maybe they’re jealous of me since I have famous friends.” I said while munching on a ginger bread. Uh huh! I’m not done eating.

                          “Why don’t you fight back so they’ll stop?”

                          “Nah. It’s not worth it.”

                          “So you’re just going to let it happen again and again?”

                          “Ummm… maybe? I don’t know… I don’t mind…maybe they’ll get tired soon.”

                           “Why is he being nosy all of a sudden?”

                           “Soon?” he snorted.  “I don’t think so. If you’re not going to give them some lessons, I doubt they’ll stop bullying you.”

                            “Didn’t you give them a lesson a while ago?” Oopps. I bit my lips. I shouldn’t have said   that. Actually, I don’t want to talk about what happened earlier. It’s embarrassing…on my part.

                              But unexpectedly, he didn’t say anything.

                               “Umm... I just w-want to thank y-you---“

                          “What time are you going to school on Friday?” He suddenly changed the topic. Maybe he’s doesn’t want to talk about it also. I’m expecting him to tease me about it though but maybe he really just did it for my sake. He has his soft sides too, I guess.

                        “Most of the classes start at 10 am on Fridays, but I go to school at 8am because I’m eating breakfast at school with my friends. It’s quieter since students usually come by at 9:15 am and we can eat our breakfast in peace. ” I answered.

                         “What color of tracksuit are you going to wear that day?”

                        “I always wear the pink one on Fridays---wait... why are you asking me that all of a sudden?”

                        He sipped on his iced tea. “Nothing.”

                       “Really?”

                       “Yeah. Why? Don’t I have the right to ask you about your schedules? I’m your boss, right?

                     I pouted.

                       “Don’t pout like that. It’s distracting--- I mean… disgusting.”

                     Hmmppp..

                    I remembered something. CL’s party.

                  “By the way, speaking of my schedule… I won’t be available this coming Saturday.”

                   “And why?”

                  “I have an important thing to do. Don’t ask anymore. This is something that I shouldn’t miss.”

                    “Does this involve that Donghae dude?” he asked so suddenly. I almost choke on what I’m eating.

                   “WHAT? NO? Why bring up Donghae’s name all of a sudden?” I asked wide-eyed.

                   He just shrugged his shoulders.

                   Then we fell on silence. I just stare at him as he finished his foods. He’s a bad boy, that’s given but as I worked for him, he showed me some of his soft sides, too. I just realized, he have been helping me when I’m on an unconventional situations.

                      I abruptly shifted my gaze at the ginger bread I’m eating when I sensed that he’s going to look at me. He wiped his lips with the napkin to remove some food residues. Then he fixed himself and stood up.

                      “Where is he going?”

                     “I need to go.” He announced.

                     “Eh?” I asked flabbergasted. “Wait—“ I was about to stand up but he stopped me.

                    “No. I have to go. I’ve got an appointment.”

                    “I’ll accompany you since my working hours is not yet finished—“

                     “It’s fine. Your job is done for today. Wait for my call.” He said while getting his two paper bags.

                     I didn’t get the chance to say anything because he just turns on his heels and left me without even saying goodbye.

                       “Well… bye… see you again.” I bid my goodbye at his retreating back.

                        *sigh*

                    There he goes again with his cold demeanor.

 

#   #   #

 Later that evening…

 Jiyong’s POV

                      I am now here standing at the front door of my father’s office. I came earlier because I want this to be done at once. As usual, his right wing man Ilwoo, welcomed me.

                      “Good evening, Boss GD.” He bowed at me politely. “You’re earlier than expected. Sajangnim can’t talk to you until the appointed time is---“

                      “I don’t need time to waste. Let me talk to him now.” I cut him off.

                      “But—“ he stopped on his sentence and hold something on his ear, a radio perhaps. “Alright, Sajangnim” he said before turning at me again. “You can proceed now, Boss GD as per order of Sajangnim.”

                      I gave him a smirk before making my way inside the office of my father.

                     Once I get inside, I locked the door and bowed at the man sitting behind a well-crafted wooden office table.

                      “I am here, father.” I said as a greeting.

                      “Didn’t I tell you to call me Sajangnim when we meet as a member of the YG Mafia?” he said without turning his chair at me.

                      I blinked for a few time before answering back. “I’m sorry… S-Sajangnim.”

                     He turned at me then offered me a seat in front of him and I gladly take it. “I’m pretty sure you already know what we are talking about.”

                    I nodded. “Yes, Sajangnim.”

                     “Who is she?” he asked directly.

                      “She’s nothing.” I told him staring directly in his eyes.

                     He leaned back on his seat with an amused smile on his face. “She’s nothing, you say? But you came here earlier than the expected time of your arrival and she’s nothing.”

                      “I came here earlier because I think that this is something that shouldn’t be talked about while we are eating dinner.” I told him seriously.

                      He shrugged his shoulders as if he is convinced on my answer. “But I still don’t believe that she’s just nothing. I know you, GD. You won’t play around with such kind of girls.”

                      “I’m bored with the usual girls I played around with… I need some refresher.”

                      “She’s innocent, Jiyong.” He said all of a sudden. “That is what I’m trying to say.”

                      I wanted to laugh at him. Of course, he still doesn’t know that Sandara is the successor that’s why he can say such things.

                       “I know… that’s why I’m playing it cool. Don’t worry… I can assure you that she won’t know anything about the organization.”

                         He nodded. “If you say so… But bear in mind that we don’t ruin an innocent people’s life.”

                        “Neh.” I agreed. “Is that all?”

                       “No. There’s one more thing. Much important thing.” He crossed his legs then rests his arms on his arm chairs. “There are changes in the rules of who will be the new leader of the organization.”

                     “What?” I asked shocked at the new information.

                    “It will be announced tomorrow at the gathering but I’m informing you earlier so you can prepare. Since the search for the successor is giving us a hard time, the elders agreed with one thing to make the job easier. They decided that THE FIRST one to find the successor will be the NEW Mafia leader. Regardless of his current position in the organization, as long as he can bring back the successor with him, he can be the next Mafia leader.”

                    Well…

                  I wanted to smile since that rule doesn’t really change anything… at least for me because I already found the successor. But just to make him less suspicious, I have to ride the situation.

                   “R-really?” I acted with disbelief in my face.

                  “Neh. So I suggest, you should limit yourself from playing around and focus on finding the successor.”

                     Tss…

                     But what if I’m playing around with is the successor herself?”

 

#    #    #

Sandara’s POV

                     It’s Friday and now I’m with Bom and CL who are talking excitedly with the upcoming event tomorrow evening in CL’s house. As usual, we are now eating our breakfast here at the cafeteria of the university. And the topic of the talk is none other than, ME. Like, what am I going to wear or how will my make up go and blah..blah..blah.. I suddenly feared for my life.

                 “By the way, Dara-yah…” Bom called out to me.

                “Hmmm?” I responded while sipping on my coffee.

                “There are some rumors running around that you were seen with a suitor?”

                 I almost burned my tongue after hearing that. Damn it. Maybe Krystal and her minions spread out the news. Yesterday, I thought that they just leave it as it is but then again, I was wrong.

                  “Yeah… I kind of heard it yesterday at the corridor.” CL seconded.

                   “Umm… come on! T-that’s false news. Who would court me? Ha-ha-ha.” I laughed awkwardly but the two of them looked at me as if they’re shooting laser beams at me.

                     “Don’t be like that, Dara-yah… You’re pretty; you just don’t want to embrace it.” Bom said while pouting.

                  “Don’t worry! Guys will definitely drool over you when we succeed with your make over… even if it’s Donghae.”

                  DOnghae? What? Could she possibly….?

                “Donghae? Eh? Why?” I asked freaking out.

                  “Didn’t I tell you? I invited him.” CL said while smiling at me.

                 WHATTTTTT??? NOOOOO!!!!

                   I feel like my soul has left me. He’s coming at the party and it means… he’s going to see me there and---

                “Hey… What’s with the student’s wearing tracksuits?” Bom asked with confusion laced on her beautiful face.

                   I stopped from my inner thoughts and looked around as students are coming one by one at the cafeteria. And they are wearing tracksuits.

                   “Is it the trend nowadays?”

                   Trend?

                 Then a rushing student, who’s also wearing a tracksuit, approached us with a big smile on her face.

                   “KYAAAAAHHHHHH!”

                  Aww… I thought my eardrums are going to explode. She just greeted us with that ear shattering shriek. Students in this university are becoming weird every day.

                          “Hey… What’s your problem?” CL asked obviously annoyed. “And what’s with this tracksuit overflow?”

                        But the student ignored CL and instead face me and held both of my hands.

                      “Your suitor is looking for you, Sandara-shii.”

                      “SUITOR?” Bom and CL said in chorus.  

                       “Suitor?” I asked… “Huh? But I---“ My eyes widen with a realization.

                        HOLY COOOOW… DON’T TELL ME IT’S MR. P3RVY!

 

 

 

Author’s POV:

There you go!

Since I already reached 200 subscribers, I’m giving you a fast update.!

^___^

And thank you for your positive and heartwarming comments.

*bows*

 

Please hit the ‘upvote’ button! Thanks!

 

TWITTER:

@superrookie_aff