Chapter 32: Seungri's Tongue :)

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader


DARA’S POV

 

                      After indulging myself with those foods, I prepared myself first before going to the veranda where I and Donghae agreed to meet. I noticed that this safehouse is quite large. I heard that it was Donghae’s. While making my way at the veranda, I looked around but it seems like, I can’t really find at least a family picture or even a picture of Donghae. All I have seen are antique items and paintings. When I finally reached the veranda, there I saw Donghae leaning at the balcony on his back while he is looking elsewhere. His hands are crossed on his chest and I realized how handsome his side profile is.

                      He is really an eye candy… I don’t regret having a crush on him.

                     I remembered those days where everything about him was normal. Until this happened.

                     And as if noticing my presence, he turned to me and gave me a smile.

                     “You’re here.” He said as wind blows his soft hair.

                    “Yeah. Sorry for keeping you waiting.” I approached him and stopped beside him. I rested my hand on the balcony and overlook at the view from here. It was a vast green field outside. It seems like it has no end.

                    He remained leaning on the balcony on his back. “We are really far from the city. Nobody know this place except for the people who are here now.”

                    I looked down and saw Daesung and Youngbae talking and not far from them are Seungri and Jiyong while Top and Ilwoo are nowhere to be found. My eyes are suddenly glued to Jiyong.

                   “Donghae…” I called out.

                   “Hmm?”

                   “Am I going to die?” I asked.

                   I felt him flinch on his spot, maybe startled about my question. “You’re not.” He answered as he sounded a bit shocked. “I’m not going to allow it.”

                  I turned to him and looked at his eyes. “Why did you lie to me?”

                  “I have to.” He answered sincerely. “Dara… I was hailed as your protector but your father wants to give you a normal life. I need to hide from the shadows to do my job… and of course, lying from you is a part of it.”

                 “How did this happen anyway? Why now?”

                 He sighed and looked me in the eyes. “I will tell you everything from here on and I’m expecting that you wouldn’t believe some of it but please, I need you to listen carefully and look beyond on what’s happening in front of your eyes right now. I don’t want you to do something that will endanger you.”

                  I nodded.

              “Ok.. so here it goes……”

               Donghae narrated everything. From the very root of these so called Mafia group where our ancestors were a part of up to the fact that I was the 21st generation successor. How my father tried to give me a life like everyone else should have and how he sacrificed his life just for me to live normally. The fact that I was supposed to marry the 21st generation Mafia leader and the fact that I will be used as a bait by a madman who is hungry for vengeance.

                I was digesting every word that he is saying. I can’t see any hesitation on his voice. He wasn’t lying.

               “I tried my hardest just to prevent this from happening because I swear my whole life to protect you. I made that promise to your father and I tend to keep it until my last breath.” He ended his short story with that statement without breaking eye contact on me.

               I was silent for a moment pondering on all the things he has revealed. “So my father’s death was his choice to protect me and my mother.” He nodded. My heart is crushing because it was the truth but it seems like that my tears were already dried up. “He’s such a stubborn father, don’t you think so?” I said smiling bitterly, remembering my father’s smiling face.

               “He was. I tried to stop him that day but he told me with a smile on his face that it was his destiny. I respect him so much.” He shoved his hand on his pocket and held my hand. When he withdraw his hand, he put something on my palm. It was a ring.

              “This is the ring of the successor. This is yours.” He let go of my hand after handing me that ring. It was a black ring with gold linings on the side and there are some encryptions on it. “Your mother told me to give it to you once I’ve told you everything. She said, it is for you to decide if you’re going to throw it or wear it.”

              I looked at the ring longingly and bitterness swept through me. “This thing is the representation of me being the successor. There’s no way I’m going to wear it.” I said as I put it inside my pocket. “I still can’t believe something like this exist… the thought of having a normal life seems too far away now, right?”

              He breathe out soundly. “I disagree with you on that part…You still have a big chance of having a normal life, you know.” He glanced at the people at the ground. “We’ve got some help. A really unusual help. I can’t believe I’m going to work with them.”

              Once again, my eyes darted to Jiyong. “Is it really ok? To work with them?”

               “I must say it is rather peculiar but that guy, Jiyong… he’ll never want to see you get hurt…. And of course, I won’t allow that too.” He looked at me straight to my eyes.   

               Our eyes locked. This guy… I admired him for so long as my schoolmate Lee Donghae. I am still wishing that it will be the same for us after this… “I… I don’t know what to say. You spent your whole life protecting me under the shadows. I don’t know how I can repay you for that.”

              I hugged him, resting my chin on his shoulder. I bet he was shocked since he didn’t return it immediately. “Thank you.” I said sincerely. “Thank you for everything.”

              Even though I can’t see his face, I know he smiled. “It’s always my pleasure.” He responds to my embrace and wrapped his arms around me… tightly.         

 

#            #           #

SEUNGRI’S POV

                   “And hyung, it seems like this route is clearer than the other one. We might encounter some enemies if we make a detour here and here.” I continued examining the routes that they checked early this morning. I’m actually good at analysing things though it doesn’t show on my face. A lot of maps, pictures and papers are laid out in this table that we set up outside the house. Why outside, you ask? Well, I kinda like the fresh air outside, I can think better when there’s fresh air.

                  Hmmmmm….

                “What do you think, hyung?” I asked since I keep on talking and talking yet I didn’t receive any response from Jiyong-hyung. “Hyung?” I looked up at him and saw that he’s not paying attention. He is looking elsewhere.

                 A knot formed on my forehead as I saw his irritated face while looking up at the veranda---                

                “HOLY SH!T!!!! Am I really seeing this? Lee Donghae and Sandara Park hugging in the veranda? Oh no! Top hyung will get the shock of his life if he saw this.

                But first, I have to deal with this guy in front me. This feels like a déjà vu. I remember when we saw Noona and Donghae in front of her apartment, Jiyong hyung flipped and it seemed like if I wasn’t there, he wouldn’t be able to control himself and attacked Donghae like the Dragon that he is.

              *cough**cough*

              I faked a cough. “Ahh.. hyung---”

               “Shut.up.” He said under his breath just enough to make my hair stand in fear.

             I looked up again at the suspects and finally they withdraw from the hug BUT NOW THEY’RE EXCHAGING SMILES!

               “Don’t do that!!!” My inner self is screaming in panic.

               I looked at Jiyong hyung again and now, his head is hanging low making his hair cover his eyes.

              “Seungri….” He called out with his cold voice.

                “Oh no! Don’t make me kill Donghae… Please! Don’t-----“

               “… what was it again? The routes?” he continued as he look at me again… normally.

                “R-routes?” I heard him for the first time, I just wanted to ask to check if his not… mad.

                “I don’t like repeating myself, Seungri.”

                 I shake my head and blink for a few times to collect my disrupted self.

                  What the hell is this sudden change of attitudes? How am I supposed to handle this kind of sh!t?

                 “Oh. Well… where were we? Umm… you see… this route… “ I explained again while pointing at the maps and pictures. It seems like he controlled his emotions now unlike before. Whew! That’s a relief. “And if we can make a decoy in this part, we’ll be able to—“

                  “Seungri…”

                  “Yes, hyung…” I looked up at him and I almost choked on my own saliva when I saw his face. He was dead serious.

                        JUST WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING TO MY BOSS? WHAT’S WITH THIS MOOD SWINGS??

                   “Have you ever rejected a girl’s feelings?” He asked still wearing that SERIOUS FACE!

                    I swear. I almost puked rainbows and cotton candies because of what I heard. OUR BOSS IS ASKING ME THIS STUPID QUESTION???? Like, I would never imagined that this day would come! I want to scream right now. Damn you, Noona! What did you do to our precious Jiyong hyung?

                  And here I am thinking that he controlled his emotion.

                   I was silent for a moment. My jaw drops and my eyes are not blinking. AND HE’S ACTUALLY WAITING FOR ME TO RESPOND. “W-well… I-I-I h-have…” I cleared my throat because I’m stuttering and my voice is cracking. “T-there were a lot of times… o-of course you know about this. He he he he” I tried to lighten up the mood and made that fake laugh BUT it seems like it doesn’t work on him.

                 “Is it possible that they will fall for other guys just because you rejected them?” AND ANOTHER STUPID QUESTION!

                  I swallowed my own saliva and wipe the sweat forming on my forehead. How can I answer that question without making Jiyong hyung mad? If I lie, he’ll cut my tongue and if I tell the truth, there’s a big possibility that he’ll still cut my tongue. I looked around and seek for help but Daesung and Youngbae hyung are busy talking to each other.  

                 Guess I have to face this alone. T_T

                “What answer would you want to hear, hyung.” I bravely asked him.

                 “Only the truth.” He replied without tearing his eyes on me.

                 “I don’t know if this is the answer to that question but this is just my opinion. You can ask a different opinion if you dislike my answer----- ”

                  “Is.It.Possible?”

                  “YES!IT IS!” After hearing him pronounce those words with gritted teeth, my answer came out immediately. I chose to be honest!!! “It is possible… hyung…” My voice is gradually becoming like a whisper with each word. I closed my eyes. I’m ready to face the consequences of my action.

                       .

                       .

                   It’s so silent.

                  Darkness.

                  All I can hear is the sound of my heart beating.

                I’m still alive?

                .

                .

                 Realizing that I’m beginning to be a big stupid rat, I slowly opened my eyes and peeked at Jiyong hyung.

               Oh?

              “Where did he go?”

               He just disappeared.

               He’s not here.

               Where would he go?

              …………..

              ……..

              …

             .

                WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

              I immediately grabbed my radio and send a message to our unit!

              “HELLO! THIS IS SEUNGRI! THE DRAGON IS ON THE LOSE! I REPEAT! THE DRAGON IS ON THE LOSE! DO YOU COPY?!!”

              What the hell did I do?????

 

TOP’S POV

                    When I heard Seungri’s radio message, I immediately run down the attic. I used all my ninja skills just to get at the living room on the right time.  I even jumped from the second floor and land coolly on the ground. It’s T-O-P for fxck's sake! Lemme’ hear you scream everyone!

                      ….

                       Anyways…..

                      Fxck! Fxck! Fxck!”

                       Actually, I’m excited. I didn’t hear all of what Seungri have said, the only thing I remembered after that horrifying ‘the Dragon is on the lose’ are the words ‘Sandara, Donghae and Jiyong’, then my body just moved on its own and now I’m here witnessing the three face to face. It seems like Donghae and Dara just got back from the veranda and now they’re descending downstairs, while Jiyong is staring at them at the end of the stairs. It looks like a scene from a movie where the hero caught his heroine with the third-wheel handsome fella.

                      “It seems like you have finished talking…” I heard Jiyong said…

                      … and now I’m here to take back my Princess” I imagined what Jiyong’s words would be next.

                       “… and now…” I covered my mouth from too much excitement.

                        He’s going to say it! He’s gonna fxcking say it!!!

                        Jiyong ascended at the first step and my excitement skyrocketed--------

                     “STOPPP!”

                     “HYUNNNG!”

                       “Jiyong!”

                     Ugh!

                     I was pushed. I can feel myself falling face-flat on the floor but thanks to my reflexes, I prevented myself from kissing the floor and used my hand to prevent the fall.

                       My eyes darted on the three persons who dared scar my precious face and on top of that, they didn’t even fxcking look back as if it was not the PRECIOUS ME that they mistreated.

                       “You don’t mess with T-O-P!”

 

#              #            #

JIYONG’S POV

                       What the fxck are these people doing?   

                       I was being held and restricted on my movements. The rat, Seungri is on the floor hugging my left knee while Daesung is grabbing my right arm and even Youngbae is holding me in place on my left arm. “WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?” I asked to no one in particular with disinterest plastered on my face.

                      “Hyunnnng! Control yourself.” Said Daesung who looks like he is in panic.

                      “Jiyong, this is not the right time for your recklessness.” Youngbae told me while trying to pull me away. Even Youngbae is being weird… just what the hell is this?

                       “Noona! Donghae! Just run!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!” The overreacting rat dramatically pronounced those words while hugging my leg with his dear life while Dara and Donghae approached us with confusion on their faces.

                       “What do you mean run for our lives, Seungri?” asked Donghae.

                       The rat just hold me even tighter. “Just go! Take Noona with you! You don’t want a jealous dragon!”

                        “A jealous WHAT? The fxck are you saying rat----. ” I stopped mid-air as I’ve come to a realization. Damn it! This must be about earlier.

                          I forcefully free myself from their grasp and immediately grabbed Seungri by his collar. The guy stand on his feet as his eyes are pleading for forgiveness. “What did this rat told you?” I gave him a piercing gaze as I asked Daesung and Youngbae.

                        “He said that you are jealous because you saw Donghae and Noona hugging at the veranda.” Daesung explained.

                        “And he told us that you went serious and you looked like you have an intent to kill someone.” Youngbae added. “We believed him. And that was dumbest decision I’ve made today.” Youngbae face-palmed as if he realized the stupidity he just went into.

                        “B-but….. you asked such stupid questions that’s why I thought you suddenly ---- ”

                        I cut him off before he can even say something that shouldn’t be said. “Do you want me to cut your tongue?”

                       “OF COURSE NOT! But I’m just saying that you looked really jealous just like the time when we saw Donghae and Noona KISSING in front of her apartment. ”

                       FXCK! This talkative rat is gonna die.

 

#          #            #

DARA’S POV

                       “KISSING????” Donghae and I said in unison. I can feel my face turning red. I can’t remember anything about me and Donghae lip-locking. Gaahhhhhhhh!

                         Jiyong pushed Seungri on the floor and was about to launch on him when Youngbae and Daesung held him in place. “Let me go! I’m just going to sew his m0uth together!” he said looking pissed.

                          Seungri faced me and suddenly he ran in my direction and hid behind me. “Noona! Help me!”

                         “You get back here, you fxcking rat!” Jiyong freed himself from Youngbae and Daesung and approached me.

                       “Yah! Seungri… don’t get Dara involve with your stupidity.” Donghae sends warning to the scared Seungri.

                       “Noonnaa!” Seungri put his hands on my shoulder and held me in place so he can use me as a shield from this raging dragon.

                       “I… I think this is a m-misunderstanding.” I said as I try to calm the situation.

                        “That rat needs to get some beating…” Jiyong said while trying to catch Seungri but since I was being used as a ‘shield’, he can’t get a hold of the mischievous guy.

                       “Jiyong… j-just let him explain w-without beating him…” I asked as I looked at Jiyong’s eyes.

                      “But ---“

                     “Please… I don’t want any more commotion.” I plead.  

                      Everyone was silent. Did I say something wrong? I looked at Jiyong’s back and saw Youngbae and Daesung sigh in relief. Then back to Jiyong who’s still looking at the person hiding in my back with that rage in his eyes and then he looked at me and suddenly…. his emotion turned in a 360 degrees turn.

                      “Thank you, Noona.” I heard Seungri whispered.

                       He sighed and put his hands on his pockets. “Fine.” Then he looked away as if he resigned from his earlier intent. “Just don’t do it again.” He then turned his back at me and was about to leave the scene when my voice involuntarily called out to him… I feel a need to explain about that ‘kissing’ thing.

                      “Jiyo----“ BUT!

                     “YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!” A loud big voice cut my words mid-air. We are all startled and look at the owner. It was TOP. His hair was dishevelled and he was pointing at no one in particular.

                      “HYUNG! What the hell was that?” Youngbae said irritated.

                      Donghae brushed his face with his palm. “I can’t believe I’m working with a bunch of weirdoes”

                      “Cut it out Top –hyung.” Jiyong said.

                       “NO! Those three guys who dared ruin my day needs to be punished mercilessly.” Top said with his deep voice. He looks pissed off with Seungri, Youngbae and Daesung.

                     “And what did we do to you?” Seungri asked confused as he showed himself after hiding in my back.  

                    “You. Don’t.Remember?” He asked then the three suspects just shake their heads. “Then I will let you remember.” He suddenly charged towards Seungri and easily pushed him on the floor.

                      “YAH!” Seungri protested.

                        I was startled so Donghae pulled me behind him, as if securing me. “You don’t want to be tangled with this mess.” He said.

                        Daesung was about to run but Top grabbed him by his collar along with Youngbae. He tossed them both to Seungri. Now, they look like a piled up human beings. “You’re gonna taste the wrath of an angry T.O.P!” Then he joined them and pinned them down using his big body. I can hear them cursing under TOP. I suddenly felt pity towards Seungri since he was at the bottom.

                         But I felt elated with this sight. They look free-sprited.. just like a normal group of friends. I can’t help but giggle.

                        “Why are you giggling?” Donghae asked, I think he heard me.

                        “They’re….. cute.” I answered and I didn’t hear any more from him.      

                         I looked at Jiyong as he tried to pull his Top hyung. He is the leader of this team. Looking at this cute mess, I can say that he is a good leader… but more than just being a leader, I’m certain that he’s also a good friend.

                         As I was having a good time seeing this cute mess, I felt my heart skipped a beat for a moment. And I’m sure it is not due to happiness.... it felt weird. Like something bad is bound to happen.

                        When I was thinking about it…

                       “Stop goofing around.” Ilwoo suddenly materialized. His shoulders are moving as he breathes, he looks tired and he was dead serious. The four guys having their share of fun stopped and immediately stand on their feet.

                         Jiyong approached him. “What happened?”

                      “Your mother…” he said as he catches air.

                       Jiyong’s mother? My heart suddenly raced. “What about her?” I asked, worry laced on my voice. I’m right… something bad is going to happen.

                       Ilwoo looked at me then back to Jiyong. “Yang Hyung Suk got her.”

                      Oh my God! This is a bad news. I looked at Jiyong even though his back is facing me.  What is he feeling right now?

                      “We need to save her.” I said. That is the right thing to do, right? She hasn’t seen her son for a long time and yet this happened. I don’t know what she’s feeling right now being held up by the people who’s trying to kill his son because of me. Yeah. I’m certain. This is because of me. “You gotta do something.” I said as I also approached Ilwoo.

                       I looked at Jiyong and he lowered his gaze at me. “Right, Jiyong? We need to do something. We cannot let anyone be in danger just because you are protecting me.” I turned my gaze at Ilwoo, desperate of answers. “What should we do?”

                      “Don’t.” Jiyong warned Ilwoo. It looks like even without words, all of them already know the answer on how to save Jiyong’s mother.

                       But that warning just fall into deaf ears. “The only way to save her is to surrender YOU to them.”

                       And that answers my question.

 

#       #           #

 

 

AUTHOR'S POV

I hope you haven't forgotten this story! kkkk

Anyways,

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ERR'ONE!

THIS IS MY PRESENT TO YOU! kkkkk

SARANGHAE!

I'll do my best to update again!

 

 

P.S:

PLease don't leave me even though I'm too late

to update! T__T

Arigatou! Kamsahamnida!

Thank you!

:)