Chapter 20: He Saved Me Again

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader

 

TOP’s POV

                   I just had the best breakfast of my life. This Yakuza clan prepared a lot for our visit. From our lodges up to our necessities and foods. Jiyong has been treated like a royalty since we step foot in their place. I’ve got a good night sleep because I basically slept the entire 5-hour drive to Busan. We arrived here at 4 o’clock in the morning and we we’re greeted by the Yakuza leader and their bunch of followers, the s3xy and alluring daughter was also there, giving Jiyong some glances. But Jiyong seemed uninterested and looked uneasy. I expected him to get sleepy and tired since he didn’t take a break from driving but I noticed otherwise.

                 “Hyung, finish up. We’re going somewhere.” He said casually after finishing his foods.

                   “A-ah... Wait! G-Dragon-ssi, please take some rest first.” The Yakuza leader uttered. “Besides, it’s still too early, where are you going?”

                  “Yeah. I arranged the bed for you G-Dragon-ssi.” The daughter added giving Jiyong some seductive looks.

                    Jiyong stand up and I did the same. “I just need to check on some things. We’ll be back immediately.” He bowed to the Yakuza leader as a sign of respect. “I need a car. Could you arrange one for me?”

                   “H-huh? Car?” He looked at his right wing man. “My keys.” The right wing man immediately handed him the car keys. “You can use mine.” He stands up and offered Jiyong the keys.

                    “Alright.” Jiyong just nonchalantly received the keys and walk off like a royal prince. Damn. Though he doesn’t seem like one, this old man is still the Yakuza leader. Jiyong is the only person who can treat him like that.

                     “Badas$ery at its finest.”

                      Anyways, where are we going early this morning?

 

#    #    #

JIYONG’S POV

                        “Boss, this is too early for a road trip.” My retarded subordinate has been bugging me for a hundredth time now. It’s always not a good idea to have him come with me but I don’t have a choice. I can’t escape from him; he always has his ways to find me.

                        “This isn’t a road trip.”

                 “Then tell me where we are going---” Suddenly, he dramatically grasped his chest and looked at me wide eyed, like he realized something. “Are you planning to throw me at the nearest river? A-are you g-going to kill me?”

                “You just gave me a good idea. Maybe I should really do that.”

               “That’s not funny, Boss.” I’m focused at the road ahead but through my peripheral vision, I can see him rolls his eyes at me.

              “Then shut up.”   

               After that, silence enveloped us. Finally.

              I will not tell him what my real plan on coming here in Busan. He’ll find it out anyways. I just want to save my as$ from his non-sensible teasing. Seeing the signage, we are almost there. I can hear the roosters’ crows, signaling the break of dawn. I can see some people starting their daily routine, and everyone is greeting each other ‘good morning’. Never in my entire life have I saw this kind of things or even experience it.

               “It must be good living in the province, don’t you think?” The big guy beside me, who is overlooking at the car’s window, muttered. “If I can rewrite my history, I’ll definitely choose to be born in this kind of place.”

                 I chuckled. He may act retarded sometimes or he may be the toughest looking guy, but deep inside, he is the softest guy in our group. I ignored his dramatic monologue and focused on the road ahead.

                      There. Sandara Park’s house.

                     I parked the car just enough for me to check the house’s perimeter. I can see a woman, maybe in her mid-40’s, watering the plants around their small house while she’s happily greeting her neighbors. That must be Sandara’s mother. I can see their resemblance.

                  Where is she? Maybe she’s still asleep.

                  “Loooook at thaaattttt~ with just one look, I can confidently say, that woman is Sandara’s mother. The resemblance is creeping me out. “

                        Here he goes again. I’m expecting that Top-hyung will not let this one slip. “This is the real reason why you suddenly and UNEXPECTEDLY want to get here in Busan as fast as you can, isn’t it? You want to meet your mother-in-law.” He pronounced every word with enthusiasm.             

                  “Mother-in-law? What the fxck are you thinking?”

                 “LOOK! Sandara is there! Oh, wow... you really did plan this, don’t you?”

                 His last statement fall into deaf ears for my attention was caught by the girl coming out from the house while stretching her arms and yawning. It is so unlady-like. She hugged her mother and kissed her forehead. She greeted their neighbors with a smile. It’s been a while since I saw that smile.

                  An amused smirk broke into my lips.

                  “You’re smirking like a love-sick puppy, Ji. It’s cute.” Top-hyung said with his ridiculous, I supposed, female-like voice.

                 I turned at him and gave him my dangerous look. “Wanna die?”

                 A love-sick puppy? That’s bullsh!t.

 

#     #    #

DARA’s POV

                    “Good morning!” I’m happily greeting our neighbors who I haven’t seen for a long time. They’re the ones who look after my mother when I’m away.

                   “Dara-unnie?” A red-haired girl, in her early 20’s, approached me.

                  “Minji?” She nodded enthusiastically. “Omo! You’ve grown into a fine young woman. And now you’re taller than me. Aigoo~” I reached for her head and tapped it lightly like a proud sister. I’m very close to her since she’s the only child of her parents just like me, so we treat each other like we are siblings.

               “You look different, too, unnie! I guess you finally reach civilization. Glad you threw away your tracksuits! Kkkkk~ “ She giggled. She’s obviously teasing me. Aside from Chaerin and Bom, she also bugs me to ‘change’ the way I dressed.

                I messed up her hair. “Yah! When did you learn to mock me, eh?” I turned to my mother. “Eomma~ who taught her--- “ My sentence was cut off when I noticed that she is looking somewhere else, or specifically, to the black car passing by. “Eomma! Something wrong?”

                She turned at me with a smile. “Nothing.” Then she faced Minji. “Minji-yah! Is everything prepared for the little party this night?”

                “Not yet, Aunty. We still need to buy some more ingredients for the other cuisines.” Minji answered.

                 “Why? Is it someone’s birthday?” I asked confused.

                 Eomma held me by my shoulder. “It’s for you, Dara-yah.”

                 “Yep. We have been preparing for a little welcoming party for you since yesterday.” Minji added.

                “What? You don’t have to do that. We still need to save money---“

                Minji suddenly placed his arm around my shoulder. Whoa. She really became taller than me. “Don’t worry ‘bout that unnie. Everyone here WILLINGLY participated and besides, it’s the harvest season so we really didn’t spent a lot of money.” She pinched my cheeks. “So don’t be a kill joy and let’s just enjoy the party later, arraseo?”

                “Arraseo.” I looked at her with my mischievous smile. “But do you really have to pinch my cheeks?” she back away immediately as if sensing that I’m planning to do something to her. “I kinda miss the sound of your laughter when I’m tickling you, Minji-yah! Would you mind granting my simple wish?”

               “NO!!!” She runs away and I swiftly chase her.

               “Aigoo~ this children. BE CAREFUL!” Eomma reminded us.

               Laughter fills the air as Minji and I chased each other. Our lovely neighbors watching us, laughing at our silly antics. I miss this. It brings back memories of my childhood where everything is peaceful. Although, there are a lot of things that change, one thing stayed the same and that is the BOND we build here in this place.

                 And I will never exchange it for anything.

 

#    #    #

TOP’s POV

                *sigh*

                 I sipped on my shake while looking at Sandara and her mother buying some vegetables in the streets. I’m keeping a safe distance from them so Sandara will not notice me. I fixed my cap and sunglasses then shove my hand on my pocket afterwards.

                “I knew this will happen. I will always be the GREAT LOOKOUT.” I sipped the remaining content of my drinks and then threw it away in the nearest trash bin. “I can’t blame him though, the girl really needs to be monitored 24/7.” I talked to myself.

                Jiyong is attending the opening ceremony of Yakuza clan’s new members’ initiation. He ordered me to lookout for Sandara since his presence is needed there to avoid suspicion. It’s actually a great timing though. Attending this *lame* ceremony will not trigger any suspicion to the organization about Jiyong’s whereabouts. His hidden agenda will remain hidden.

                     And my fxcking phone has been vibrating for the nth time now. I don’t have to guess on who it was.

                     ‘I told you to report every minute.’ -GD

                    That was the content of the message. I face-palmed. I am typing my reply when another came.

                   ‘Why aren’t you replaying to my messages?’ - GD

                  This is the first time in my life that I have received such tremendous number of text messages from Jiyong. I don’t know if this is something to be celebrated BECAUSE honestly, it irks me to the bones. And with irritation, I replied to his message, telling him exactly what she’s doing, how many people are around her and where EXACTLY are we.

                  When the confirmation that my message has been sent, I was about to shove my phone on my pocket but it vibrated again.

                    ‘I’ll be there in 10 minutes.’ – GD

                   What the fxck? Don’t tell me he is abandoning the ceremony? That’s a no-no. I quickly typed my reply containing my disapproval and send it to him multiple times. I waited for his response but nothing came. Aishh... This lover boy is giving me headaches.

 

#   #   #

DARA’s POV

               We’ve been wandering around here at the side street market for an hour now. We are buying the ingredients lacking for our menus later in our small welcoming party. Whoa~ There is really a big difference between the prices of fruits and vegetables here in Busan compared to Seoul’s.

                 “Dara-yah, I think this is enough. Should we go back?” My mother asked.

                 “Yep.” I answered as I struggled in embracing the bag of fruits in my chest. “This is really enough.” We both laugh on how I looked like.

                “Let me give you some help.”

                “Nope. I can manage.” I gave her a smile and started to head to the bus station.

               “Look out!”

                 Eomma shouted to warn me because of the cat who is eating in the middle of the way.

                “Whoa~” I managed to stop before I step on it but the poor thing gets startled and jump on me. “AHHH!” I lost my balance causing some fruits to fall on the street and roll on different directions. The cat runs somewhere leaving me dumbfounded.

                My mother approached me immediately. “Are you alright?”

               I blinked for a few times before facing my mother. “Yeah.” I laughed. That was scary yet funny.

              She brushed my hair before giving me a smile. “Good to hear that. Now let’s pick these fruits up.”

              I nodded and placed the bag of fruits on the side then I started to pick the fruits that dropped. I saw an apple that roll up to the road. I check the traffic sign and luckily, it’s on red. I swiftly move towards the apple, and picked it up.

               “DARAAAAAAAAA!”  I heard my Eomma shouted so I lifted my gaze up and then...

               Everything went slow motion. I can’t move on my spot. My eyes are glued on the fast approaching car. I’m certain that I will get hit. Is this the end of the road for me?

                Help...

              I tightly closed my eyes and the next thing I knew, strong arms are around me, holding me in place.

              “Stupid.”

               This person...

             I slowly opened my eyes and raised my gaze to the guy who saved me. Our eyes met and the beating of my heart instantly changed.

                “J-Jiyong?” I muttered under my breath. “You’re h-here.”

             “Yeah.” He flicked my forehead. “You stupid little Pikachu.”

                I want to say a lot of things but my tongue went numb. He removed his arms around me and then tucked my loosed hair behind my ears. His eyes never leaving mine.

                “Why---“ I didn’t get to finish my sentence because someone hugged me tightly.

               “Aigoo, my daughter!” It’s my mother. And she’s crying. “Are you alright? Are you hurt somewhere?” She holds my face in between her palms and checks every part of my body. “Aigooo..”

              “Eomma.. stop.. I’m fine.”

               “Are you sure? You shouldn’t have done that. It’s just an apple...” she hugged me again as her tears run down her cheeks. “You scared me..” I rubbed her back to console her.

               “I’m fine. Don’t cry.” I looked at Jiyong who is looking at us without any emotions in his eyes. Another guy approached us and I instantly recognized him, it’s Top. He saluted at me and gave me a wink.

                “The man...” My mother uttered. She withdraws from our hug and faced Jiyong. Without second thought, she held his hands and thanked him endlessly.

                “I don’t know how you get there that fast, but I’m really really thankful to you.”

               Jiyong looked uneasy all of a sudden, he looked flustered. “I-it’s n-nothing---“

              “Thank you for saving my daughter.”

               My eyes widened with my mother’s next move. She hugged Jiyong!!! Since Jiyong is taller than my mother, he has to bend a little forward, because my mother hugged him from the neck. I looked at him and noticed that he was startled, too. His gaze turned to Top as if asking for help, but the big guy just shrugged his shoulders. He seems to enjoy the current situation of Jiyong.

              “Thank you... How can I repay you, young man?”

                “Aahh... it’s n-nothing... “

              I can’t help but giggle; this is the first time I saw him stuttering.

             Finally, my mother withdraw from the hug then wiped her tears away. “Sorry. I got carried away.”

               Jiyong cleared his throat and fixed himself. While Top on the other hand, is doing a very bad job in restraining his laughter. Jiyong gave him a jab on the stomach that made him cough a little.

                Jiyong bowed at us then looked at me. “We have to go.”

                He was about to turn away when I called out for him. “Wait, Jiyong!” Aishh... wrong move, Sandara Park.

                He halted on his steps and looked at me as if waiting for me to speak. I was about to open my mouth when my mother beats me to it. “Do you know each other?” She looked at Jiyong then back at me.

                Oh crap!

               “No.”

               “Yes.”

               Jiyong and I answered simultaneously. I looked at him with a creased on my forehead. Why is he denying that we know each other?

                “He means ‘yes’.” Top interjected.  “We... are... umm... Sandara’s schoolmates... yeah.. that’s more like it.”

               I saw how Jiyong looked at Top. He doesn’t seem to like what Top is saying. I heaved a deep sigh. It seems like he doesn’t want to get involve with me.

               “Really? Then do you mind joining us later. We are going to have a little welcoming party for my daughter.” My mother suggested.

                Oh hell no!

              “I think they’re busy, Eomma...” I turn my gaze at Jiyong and he was looking somewhere else but me.

             “Sorry, Mrs. Park but---“ Top was about to refused my mother’s offer when she held Jiyong’s hands again.

               “Don’t you think it is rude to refuse an old woman’s invitation, do you, young man?” Jiyong looked at my mother with his startled face but it swiftly changes into something... serious?

                “Please, as a token of my gratitude. I will cook you good foods.”

                 “But Mrs. Park---“

                “Alright. We will go.” Jiyong announced all of a sudden.

                Top and I looked at him dumbfounded. What did he just say?

               Eomma clapped her hands merrily. “Good. Then let’s go. The sun is already setting.” She started getting the ingredients we brought earlier. I looked at Jiyong but he’s still not looking at me. He started helping my mother in carrying the bags full of ingredients and fruits. While Top, who looks like he doesn’t have a choice, help in carrying the bags, too.

              “Aigoo... I can’t believe my daughter have friends as fine as these young men.” She even tapped Jiyong’s shoulder. “Let’s go.” My mother started to head to the bus station while the two guys followed her.

               And all I could do is looked at their retreating back.

              I guess, this vacation will not turn out as I wanted it to be.

 

#    #     #

               “Unnie..Unnie... Jiyong – oppa is sooo handsome.” I massaged my temple as I heard Minji announced her admiration to Jiyong. Once we unmounted from the bus, Jiyong and Top began to be the talk of the town. They’re like celebrities.

              “Since when did you start calling him ‘oppa?” I asked as I briskly washed these apples in the faucet.

                “Since you introduced him to us.” She sighed. “I want to have a boyfriend like him.”

                I whipped my head at her and lightly hit her head. “No.”

               “Ouch! “ She nursed her head. “Do you really have to hit me like that?”

              Once I finished rinsing the apples, I put it in a plastic ware and get a knife for me to cut it into bunny-like shapes. I moved into the table and take a sit, Minji followed me afterwards.

               “You’re acting like a jealous girlfriend, y’know.” Minji added.

                I gave her another slight tap on the forehead. “Quit messing with me.”

              “Awww... You’re getting violent, unnie! What did the city do to you?”

               “Stop saying non-sense things. That guy... you don’t know him. I admit he is handsome but... just... no... He’s not the type of guy like those prince charmings you read in fairy tale stories... Trust me.”

                 “Fine. Fine. I get it. But seriously, bad boys are hotter than---“

              “MINJI---“ I was about to hit her again but I stopped midair because Eomma called out to me.

               “Dara-yah, can you bring this water to Jiyong?” She handed me a glass of water.

                “Eh? Why?” I asked confused.

                 “He’s been cutting some woods at the back for our bonfire.” She answered.

               “What?” I abruptly stand up from my seat. “Why did you let him do that?” I didn’t wait for her answer as I swiftly grabbed the glass of water and dashed at the back of our house.

                When I finally get there, my mind went blank because of what I saw. Jiyong is topless as he skillfully cut the woods into pieces. I swallowed my own saliva. My eyes are following his every move, as his muscles flex while raising the axe in the air and then forcefully bringing it down making the wood turn into two pieces.  He wiped his forehead with his arms and then he brushed his hair with hands.

                 So hot...

               My lips went dry when his gaze turns to me. I can feel my knees weakening. My hold on the glass of water tightened as he began approaching me. My eyes followed his sweat running to his neck down to his chest, to his stomach and...

                 “Yah.”

                 I stopped ogling at him when I realized that he is already in front of me and is now holding the glass of water that’s still in my hand.

                “Are you going to give this to me or you’re planning to feed me?”

               Without a word, I handed it to him and was about to run away when he called out to me.

                 “Wait!”

                 I turned back at him and waited for him to say something.

                 GHAADDD! Please! I hope he didn’t notice how I gawked at his upper body a while ago! I’m not going to get some sleep tonight if he did!!!

                    He drinks the water without tearing his gaze at me. I stare at how manly his adams apple is, and don’t get me started at those s3xy collar bones... Once he finished drinking all of it, he wiped the side of his lips. Damn. I unconsciously bite my lower lip. Did he call out to me just to show me how he’ll drink that water and purposely seduce me? I shake my head because of the realization that hit me.

                  “What? Did you just call me so you can show to my face how s3xy you drink that glass of water? We’ll mind you, Mister.. I’m not p3rverted like---“

                   “Would you mind bringing me another one?” he interjected cutting off my monologue. He offered me the empty glass.

                   “Eh?” I said dumbfounded.

                   “You heard me. I’m still thirsty.”

                 There you go again Sandara Park. Embarrassing yourself to the nth level. I mentally slapped myself.

                   I didn’t say a word, too embarrassed to even retaliate. Gosh, I feel like lurking in the corner while hugging my knees then rock back and forth. With my head bowed down, I quickly get the glass on his hand and started walking away from him.

                  “You can watch again on how s3xy I drink my glass of water later.” I heard him laugh after saying that sentence.

                   I walked even faster and when I turned in the corner of the house, I leaned on the wall and grabbed my left chest. My heart is beating crazily and my breathing got uneven. My reaction towards him didn’t change a bit. I remembered what my mother told me yesterday.

                    “I don’t know. Maybe because I fall in love with him.”

                   No. Impossible. Falling in love with him is impossible. He’s not my type and will never be my type.

                  But...

                 “Why do I feel elated when I heard his laughter again?” I said in a hushed tone.

                 Unconsciously, a small smile broke into my lips.

                   Jiyong.... what are you doing to me?

 

#     #    #

 

 

 

AUTHOR’s NOTE:

HAPPY NEW YEAR MINNA~~YEORUBOONNN~~ EVERYONE!

Before my vacation ends, I’m going to update one more chapter J

Thank you soo much for the love and support!

Wishing you guys a prosperous new year ahead!!!

After this fic, I have another story in mind and I hope I can start writing

it this coming 2015! J

 

Sooo that’s all for now!

See you in the next chapter!

And keep on commenting, I love reading your feedbacks. It gives me inspirations and IDEAS! Kkkk~

PLEASE DO UPVOTE,TOO!

And follow me on twitter (though I’m not that active :P) @superrookie_aff

2014 signing off~

2015 loading~~~~

XD