Chapter 22: Dara and Jiyong Part 1

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader

 

Dara’s POV

                     ”I’m jealous and I fxcking hate it.”

                      What does it even mean???  Urgh.. That Mr. P3rvy... He’s always leaving me confused with his unusual actions and words. Is he playing with my mind? My feelings? Why would he even say that in front of those people who have known me since I first see the light of this world? 

                    I heard multiple knocks on my door. After that ‘unexpected scene’, of course, those people will question me, but Chanyeol was an exception. He was silent. I think I need to talk to him. 

                     Thanks to Eomma, she saved me from those questionings. She ended the party and everyone started going back to their respective homes. And now, I’m here at my room, thinking... again.

                     “Dara..” Eomma called outside my room.

                   “Yes, Eomma!” I answered back.

                I heard the clicking of the door knob and Eomma showed up. “Would you like to talk? We haven’t actually talked about the things that we should have talked about.” 

                “I know.” I think this is the right time to tell her everything I’m going through. 

                She lay down beside me in the bed. “So what has been bothering you all this time?”

               “Well...umm.. how should I start this?”

                “Just say what’s on your mind...you don’t have to rush it.” 

                “Ok.” I heaved a deep sigh. “Let me start with my scholarship...” I glanced at her expression but she was just smiling while her eyes are focused on the ceiling. “...I got cut off.” I waited for her response but nothing came. “Eomma...did you hear me? I’m not part of the academic scholarship program now.”

                 “I heard you.” She glanced at me. “What are you expecting me to say?” 

                “That it’s a bad news?” 

                  She chuckled and glanced back at the ceiling. “How come it is a bad news? Will it stop you from reaching your dreams?”

                “No.”

                “There you go. It’s just another obstacle you have to endure...but it is not a bad news. And since it is an obstacle, you have friends and family that will help you get through it,right?”

                 I smiled. “Of course.” I sighed. “It’s just that, I didn’t get to fully fulfill my promise to Appa.”

            “Your father believed in you more than anyone else.” She gets something on her pocket. “And of course, I believe in you, too.” She handed me a small notebook-like thing. It was a bankbook.

             I abruptly get up after reading what’s inside that bankbook. My jaw dropped after seeing the amount listed on it. “Where did you get this money?” 

              “Let’s just say that I’ve been saving up all the money you sent to me.” 

              “What? But how—“

             “Don’t ask, Dara... There’s nothing more I can wish for than seeing you fulfill your dreams.” 

              I smiled at her and give her a hug while she’s still lying in the bed. “Thank you, Eomma. Promise! I’ll make it up to you.” She gave me a peck on the top of my head. 

             I properly lay on my back again after that. I feel more relieved now.

             “Should we talk about your other issues?” she asked. 

             “Other..... issues?” I asked innocently though I know where this is going. 

             “Is he that person who made your feelings go on a roller coaster ride?” 

               I swallowed hard. Just thinking about ‘him’ makes my heart skips a beat. “W-what are you talking about, Eomma? W-who is this p-person you’re pertaining to?” I lied.

              “Jiyong.” She answered straightly. Too straight forward. “He really did a quite shocking scene out there.”

            “W-what about him?” I continued with my act-innocent stunt.

             She chuckled. “You’re blushing.”

             I touched my cheeks. ”No, I’m not!” 

            “I’ve been observing you this whole night, Dara. I’ve never seen you act like that in front of a guy.”

                “What? How did I act in front of him? Am I a bit unwelcoming? Did I say rude things to him? Did I look un-lady like to him? Is my hair messy---“

                “See. You’ve become more aware or conscious on how you act, speak and look when you’re in front of him. “

                “Did I say that?” I asked flabbergasted on myself. “I didn’t mean it...Yeah.. I didn’t”

                  “Dara... the more you deny it, the more it will take over you. I don’t know the score between the two of you---“

                 “There’s nothing going on between us, Eomma. How did you end up with that ridiculous idea?” I heaved a deep sigh. I looked up at the ceiling. “He will never look at me in that kind of way...” I continued in a hushed tone. 

                 Silence envelops the both of us. I am contemplating about what happened earlier. Why did he even agree on coming here and partied with us though this is not the kind of place he was usually in? Why does he look angry and mad at Chanyeol when the poor guy just wants to sing a song for me? Why did he say that he’s jealous? That’s not all. I’ve been asking myself questions about him that up until now, I can’t get any answers to.

                  He’s very confusing. 

                “Dara...” I lie on my side and look at my mother. “You know.... questions you’ve never asked will never be answered...” I creased my forehead because I didn’t get what she said. “What I mean is...Don’t ask yourself the questions which is not meant for you...Ask the person who is the sole reason for all those questions...” 

                  Silence....

                  “Just... be prepared with the answers... “ she added. “And always remember... there are reasons why some things are left unanswered...” 

                    She looked so serious when she said that to me. As if she’s conveying hidden messages in those words that she pronounced. 

                   But the first statement that she said really left a mark on my mind..

                  Ask the person who is the sole reason for all those questions...

                  Can I?

 

#    #    #

TOP’s POV

                 We just arrived at the Yakuza palace and just like we thought... the leader is waiting for us.

                “Where have you been, G-Dragon-ssi? The ceremony isn’t finished yet you leave the venue without a word... that is very disrespectful.” The leader said in a controlled manner as if suppressing his anger. His daughter, Yura,  was on his side giving side comments.

                 “I need to attend to an emergency...” Jiyong answered back.

                  “An emergency? What my men saw is not an emergency... you are partying with those commoners in the---“

                  Oh sh!t! It seems like Jiyong doesn’t like what the leader said. 

                  “You don’t have the right to ask your men to follow me...” Jiyong said dangerously cutting the words of the Yakuza leader.

                  I was wishing that the leader will stop talking because----

                  “I think I need to report your disrespectful act to your father... to the YG Mafia leader...”

                 As I was thinking, I was kind of hoping this Yakuza leader won’t say anything stupid again but I guess what he said right now is something we shouldn’t ignore... Jiyong didn’t really  get any permission to his father about this little escapade, though I believe that the Mafia Leader already knows our whereabouts, and if this Yakuza leader actually report our ‘so-called’ misbehavior, then I think it’s really a bad news.

                   Jiyong was speechless and I am,too...

                   “Father... I think it is necessary...” Yura let out her thoughts. We looked at her simultaneously but her attention is only on Jiyong... “Unless, G-Dragon-ssi here asks me out on a date tomorrow... maybe we can forget about what happened today, right?” she bites her lips and gave Jiyong a lingering look... 

                   Alright! She’s beautiful and s3xy but what the fxck! I am cringing on her every word. This b!tch knows how to play the game... Damn it!

                    “Umm... My boss doesn’t really go on dates... I can be a replacement.” And this is the time that I SHOULD be useful. I will endure a day with her for Jiyong’s safety and she can’t resist my charm---

                   “No. I want G-Dragon-ssi... and no one else.”

                    I am going to kill this b!tch!!! NO ONE EVER DECLINE MY OFFER!!! NO ONE!!! She thinks I like her?? FXCK! Even if she laid her body in front of my eyes, I will never ever lay even the slightest touch of my finger on her. 

                   “It seems like my daughter wants to have a date with you... Would you mind granting her simple wish? Or should we talk about what happened today along with your father?” 

                  Wow. He’s spoiling his vicious daughter so much! 

                 “Alright.” Jiyong agreed---WHAT THE! My eyes widen at Jiyong trying to express my disagreement. But he ignored me. 

                Yura jumped in glee and even tried to hug Jiyong but thanks to me I made myself as a barricade between them. HAHAHAHAHA! 

                “Good. Two of my men will follow you.” the Yakuza leader added.

                “Father!” Yura protested but she was immediately silenced by his father’s words.

                “My decision is final.” He then smiled at us. “I’m hoping you’ll take care of my daughter tomorrow, G-Dragon-ssi.”

                 Jiyong just shoved his hands on his pockets while staring intently at the Yakuza leader as if saying that he actually doesn’t like the idea. Well, I didn’t like it, too. Still, as a sign of respect, we bowed at them and then started striding our way to our room to take some rest. 

                    While walking, and me just few inches behind Jiyong. “Keep an eye on her.” he said in a hushed tone. 

                   I smirked. I already know what and who he’s pertaining to. “You can count on me.” 

                  He didn’t answer back. “But you know, Boss.... Sometimes I get JEALOUS... you’ve never been this protective towards me.” I emphasized the word ‘jealous’ just to tea$e him . 

                  He halted on his steps and so am I. “Remind me of cutting your tongue one of these days, alright?” he said without looking back at me and then resumed walking. 

                 I just lift my hands in the air as a sign of surrender...

                 Well... not really.

#     #    #

Dara’s POV

                 “Noona! Let’s take a picture in here!” Chanyeol shouted as he runs to the big fountain in the middle of the theme park where we at now.

                  “Yah! Chanyeol-ah! Wait for us!” Minzy shouted back as she grabs my hand and pull me. “Come on, unnie!” 

                   “Alright...alright.” As I lazily dragged my feet and let my body pulled by Minzy. 

                 This is an unplanned escapade. Just this morning, when I’m having my much needed sleep, the two of them suddenly rush into my room and jumped in my bed. I was pulled out from my dreamland. They excitedly and DEMANDINGLY asked me to come with them. I was about to go back to sleep but they didn't let me. So.... there's nothing I can do but to come with them or else I will never see the end of it.

                  Chanyeol raised his phone to take a group photo. I look so tiny between these two.

                 "Say kimchi!" Chanyeol quietly wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I looked at him but he was busy taking the right angle. I'm avoiding an awkward situation and I think, the right thing to do is to pretend that I'm unaware of his feelings towards me and to act naturally as much as possible when it comes to him. 

                 "KIMCHI!!!" We posed for a photo and it came out great.

                 "I'll take a photo of the two of you." I suggested and get the phone to Chanyeol.

                 "Let's do a cute pose, Chanyeol-ah! " Minzy excitedly pronounced.

                 I step back and distanced myself to them to take the whole view of the fountain.

                "On three,ok?"

                Both of them made their own 'cute' pose as I count from one to three.

                 "One... two..."

                 But I didn't get to finish counting as my eyes caught a familiar face passing by just behind the fountain....

             ....and with a beautiful girl walking side by side with 'him'...

                 "Jiyong....?" I muttered.

             "UNNIE!!! My jaw's already hurting from smiling... Have you taken the picture?"

              I was cut off from my trance because of Minzy, I blinked for a few times before finally registering into my mind that it was in fact Jiyong with a girl. When they were already out of my sight, my eyes widen and I immediately run to Chanyeol and Minzy.

              "You, guys, should enjoy the rides first while I'm busy.... umm... INVESTIGATING!" I uttered carelessly. Oh crap! I'm not really good at lying.

              "What?" Minzy looked at me quizically. 

              "You're 'investigating' what?" Chanyeol has an obvious creased on his forehead.

              "Yeah. Investigate! I... um... saw a man with a... with um... a cat! Yes! A cat!" Gosh! I'm digging my own grave.

              "And....?" they asked at the same time.

              "And.... I have to follow him... because I t-thought... um... the cat is kind of... um... DANGEROUS! It's dangerous for the man to be with a dangerous cat!"

              They look at each other obviously not buying my ridiculous made-up story. So before they asked anymore questions....

             "I know it sounded crazy but I really need to do this or I'm not going to have a goodnight sleep again. Wait for my call and I'll see you later! Don't you dare follow me!" That last statement came out as a warning and then I handed Chanyeol his phone. I waved at them and without further ado, I half-run at the direction where the two 'suspects' went.

             "Just what am I doing?"

 

#         #          #   

JIYONG's POV

               I took the chance to call Top-hyung when the brat woman used the comfort room. She's really annoying...

              But what made my head aches even more, is the tiny woman who is lousily following us right now. 

              "Why didn't you tell me that 'she' is here? She's now poorly hiding behind the man selling balloons." I angrily asked Top hyung from the other line but with a hushed tone.

              "I told you that they are going in a theme park..." he retaliated.

               "You could've told me specifically the name of the theme pa--- wait! What do you mean by 'they'? Is she with someone else?"

             I heard him let out an exasperated sigh. "I've also told you that...she's with Minzy..... and the tall kid, Chanyeol...."

             "C-chanyeol?? That punk?"

              "Yeah. They've been taking 'intimate' pictures  since they come here... In fact, I'm going to send you one.." he just ended the call after telling me that. A few seconds later, my phone beeped as I recieved a message from him...

             My blood boils as I saw a stolen shot picture taken from a distance. It was Sandara...with that kid's arm around her,smiling freely in the phone's camera.

             And they are too close for my liking.

#        #         #

TOP's POV

             I laughed maniacally as I touched the send icon. He will surely raise some hell after seeing that stolen shot picture. *evil laugh*

            But since he's with that wicked witch, he can't unleash the jealous dragon inside him. And that would be very hard for him... 

             Wouldn't it be exciting? HAHAHAHA! 

              *Brrrrrr

              My phone vibrated notifying that I received a message.   

              'Yura wants to stay a bit longer... Make sure to keep that tiny woman away from us as much as possible'

              My forehead creased as I read his message. That's it? No violent reaction about the picture? 

              I watched them from the spot where I'm hiding as they leave. I saw the other two men,in the civilian outfit, who follow them just like what the Yakuza leader ordered.

            I looked at Sandara as she panicked, obviously not knowing what to do. She bought a balloon and hide her face behind it as she tiptoed and follows Jiyong and Yura. 

            I facepalmed. 

           Ugh... 

            I can't take this kind of sight... 

            I stride with big steps towards her and grabbed the balloon swiftly. 

             She halted on her steps as her eyes widen just like a thief who is caught stealing. She slowly turned her head at my direction. 

            "Hi!" I greeted her with a big smile and then removed my cap to let her take a better view of my face. 

            She heaved a sigh of relief as she recognized me. "Top... You scared me." She swiftly turned her gaze at the direction where Jiyong and Yura went.

            "It seems like you're looking for someone? I saw Jiyong with a girl walking in that  direction. You're following them?" I let go of the balloon and follow it with my gaze as it slowly elevates in the air. 

           "No, I'm not--Yah! that's my balloon!"

            I ignored her statement and continued with my teasing. "Lying is a bad habit,you know?"

            "I-I'm not lying... I'm s-strolling alone--oh! right! I'm actually looking for Minzy and Chanyeol... w-we kind of got separated---"

             "NOONA!"

              "UNNIE!"

              Sandara didn't finish her sentence as two voices interuppted us. I saw how her smile got lopsided. I wanted to laugh but I held it in. Hahahaha! 

             I think I'm loving to play the bad cupid these days.

#          #           #

Dara's POV

               That voices definitely belongs to Minzy and Chanyeol... Oh! crap!

              This is the time where I wanted to just burst like a bubble and vanish. I guess I need to use my tricking power.

              "There you are, guys! I've been looking for you!!!" I turned at them with a big 'fake' smile and my arms wide spread.

             "What are you talking about? You're the one who suddenly go on a detective mode and left us." Minzy stated with what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about look.

             "Aha-ha-ha-ha... Oh that? Righhhttt~ I thought it was nonsense so I stopped it. " Gosh! My fake laugh sounded sooo.... fake. 

             "So what happened to the guy? Is the cat really dangerous?" Chanyeol follows up.

            "The cat.... ha-ha-ha... well, as I was saying... I stopped 'investigating' since it was n-nonsense... ha-ha-ha..."

            "I think I saw that guy with that cat,too..." Top suddenly butts in and with his statement, I think I'm already caught.

           "Top-oppa!" Minzy exclaimed as he recognized Top. As for Chanyeol, he just bowed at the big guy. 

           "Since when did you call him Oppa?" 

          "I told her to call me that." Instead, it was Top who answered my question.

             I watched them as they chit-chat. It seems like their attention has been switched to Top. I sigh in relief.

             "Come with us, oppa! Let's go try all the rides..."

               What? No!

             "Ok. That would be fun."

              "Minzy... I think Top has a group of his --" 

             "No.. I'm actually alone... and besides... I think they want to know the story about the guy and the cat..." he smiled playfully at me.

             My shoulders slumped. Now, I know why he's friends with Jiyong. 

              Can this day get any better?

 

#        #         #

 

 

 

 

 

Author's POV

Sorry to keep you waiting....

T_T

Here's an update...

I'll make sure to update again before this week ends!

^.~

 

Thank you for the 703 subscribers!

Love you all!

If it is not that much.. PLEASE HIT THE UPVOTE BUTTON,too! kkk... *bows

 

 

Shoutout to @corea18! Hope you'll have a safe flight to Singapore (or maybe you're already there..kkk) Stay safe!

 

TWITTER:

@superrookie_aff

 

Curiousity hits me again!

Where are you from,guys?

Is there a namja reader here??? kk~