Chapter 13: Dara's Apartment 2

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader

 

Dara’s POV

                      He’s sitting in front of me; the round table is the only thing that’s separating us. He is casually drinking the coffee I made for him. Letting him stay for a while is just my sign of appreciation. After this, I’m gonna kick him out.  

                     I huffed in annoyance. He is purposely drinking his coffee TOO SLOW WHILE STARING AT ME! “Stop staring! Can’t you just finish your coffee and go?”

                   He put down his coffee then he lean on his seat with his arms crossed on his chest. “You shouldn’t have gone on that place.”

                   “What?” I asked confused on his sudden change of topic.

                   “That as$hole could have got his way with you if I didn’t come at the right time.” He said with his blank expression.

                    I stayed silent contemplating on what to say. I haven’t thanked him for saving me. I cleared my throat. “Anyone could have saved me that time.”

                   WHAT THE HELL AM I SAYING!!! That’s so insensitive of me. Is my tongue even connected to my brain? Why do I think and say something different?

                   I looked at him and he didn’t seem amused of what I said. I saw something on his eyes as if he was disappointed. My conscience crept on me. “I m-mean--”

                  “Ok. I figured you would say that.” He stands up then strides his way on the direction of the door.

                  I slightly slapped my forehead while saying ‘babo’. That’s something I shouldn’t have said. I immediately followed him afterwards. He was almost on the door ready to turn the knob when I grabbed his arm. “W-wait!”

                   He glanced back at me. “What?”

                  I let go of his arm then scratched my head. He put his hands on his pocket waiting for my response. His stares are piercing to the depths of my soul. I can’t think straight. Ugh...

                 “Y-you haven’t f-finished your coffee.” I said with a lopsided smile.

                  WHY CAN’T MY BRAIN FUNCTION PROPERLY? I mentally slapped myself.

                  He chuckled as if sensing that it’s not what I really wanted to say.

                 “You could LIE better than that.”

                 The smile on my lips faded slowly. I know exactly what he’s talking about and it’s something that instantly irks me. I will not let him go off the hook without hearing the side of my story.

                  “I know I lied to you but it’s not enough for you to accuse me of something that I’m not. I lied to you not because I wanted to but because I needed to. ‘NEEDS’ and ‘WANTS’ are totally two different things.”

                  He stayed silent so I continued explaining myself. “I need... “ I exhaled audibly feeling the urge of emotions that is coming. “I need to lie that time because I really needed money to pay my rent. I could have been homeless if you didn’t pay for it. I don’t want to implicate the woman because this is something that I started. You, accusing me of lying to you because of money; that is something that really hurts me. I agreed working for you so I can pay you even if I have to sacrifice my spare time which I can actually use for an extra part time job. I can easily borrow money to my friends but I didn’t. Why? Because I chose to pay for it myself, with my own blood and sweat.”

                       My vision is becoming blurry. Tears are already forming on my eyes. “I need to survive because I wanted to stay with my mother longer. She’s the only person I have, and I’m the only person that she has. I have to work extra hard and study even harder so I can fulfill my promise to my deceased father.” I abruptly wiped the tears rolling one by one on my cheeks. “So if you think that doing all those things makes me the best liar in the world, then I guess I can live with that title for the rest of my life.”

                      All the bottled up emotions consumed me. All these years, I struggled a lot when my father died. He’s my pillar. My source of strength.  But since the day that he passed away, I keep hiding my sadness with a smile or by busying myself with work and studies. I forgot that it’s fine to cry sometimes.

                    I cried. I cried my hearts out. I miss my Appa. My Umma. The days when we live as one happy family. I miss those days.

                  But because of that accident, those days will never be coming back again.

                  “I-I’m sorry I lied t-to you... I’m s-sorry...” I said still crying.

                  Jiyong approached me then gently grabbed my head. He leaned my forehead against his chest, my hands hanging limply on my sides.

                 “I’m s-sorry...”

                 “Shhhh...” 

                 I feel his hand on top my head. It’s there. Just like that.

              “I’m sorry.” He said in a hushed tone but it didn’t escape my ears. I can feel his sincerity while uttering those words. “I’m sorry, Dara.”

                 After hearing him say my name, I cried even harder.

               But I feel better.

#    #    #

TOP’s POV

                   “Yeah, Boss. He’s part of the White Fangs. I already told him to dissolve his gang in one day.” I responded to Jiyong who’s in the other line. After the commotion in the bar, I settled everything out then went straight in an ice cream parlor.

                     “How about the bar?”

                    “I bought it.” I said while my ice cream. It’s so delicious.

                   “Good.”

                    “How’s Sandara?”

                    “She’s fine.”

                   “Alright. Should we go back to the turf?”

                  “You can go back. I just need to... settle some things.”

                  A knowing smile formed on my lips. “And what is that?” I asked just to make sure .

                  “Just some things. Stop asking.”

                  I stand up and leave the parlor while still eating my ice cream. “I need to know, Boss.” I said while grinning from ear to ear. I can imagine his annoyed face. Kekekeke

                 “You don’t have to know... I’ll end this call now... “

                  I heard the busy tone after he said that. “Wait--- WHAT THE!”

                 “Oh my God!”

                   I bumped onto someone and my ice cream spilled on my clothes. MY ICE CREAAAMMM! I will definitely raise some HELLLL! I slowly raised my gaze at the person who bumped into me.

                  “Sh!t! They’re here.”

                    I recognized the GIRL who dare bump into me and she is Sandara’s long-legged friend. BUT I don’t care. SHE RUINED MY MOMENT WITH MY ICE CREAM AND I”LL NEVER LET HER OFF THE HOOK THAT EASILY.

                   I was staring at her planning on how to kill her and make it look just like an accident but the annoying lady is looking somewhere else.

                  “Yo—mmmpph”

                   My eyes widen when she grabbed me in my face then KISSED me in my fxcking lips! My FXCKING LIPSSSS!!

                  Out of shock, I didn’t get to defend myself. THIS IS $EXUAL HARRASSMENT!

                 After like ten seconds, she finally withdraw from the kiss leaving me dumfounded. I touched my lips, No one ever stole a kiss from me. I always initiate the kiss ‘cause I only do it with girls that I like to sleep with. THIS IS BLASPHEMY!

                 “B-bom?” A guy with a girl clinging on him suddenly materialized before us. “Who’s this guy?” he asked while pointing at me. No one points at me like that.

                 “Uh... h-him...” I averted my gaze at this long-legged lady. I can sense her being uncomfortable at the moment. “I j-just thought that maybe I can do the things that y-you’re doing to me. Just like what you’re doing n-now. Cheating.”

                  OK. Now, I have an idea on what’s happening.

                  “Park Bom!” the guy grabbed Bom’s arm.

                   “Don’t touch me!”  

                  “Who is she, jagiya?” the girl with the cheating boyfriend asked.

                  “I’m his EX-girlfriend.” She even emphasized the word ‘EX’.

                  “No!” the guy forcibly pull Miss long-legged’s arms while pushing the new girl away from him.

                  “Stop it! You’re hurting me.”

                  “NO! You’re coming with me, PARK BOM!!!”

                  I don’t wanna meddle with their business but...

                   “She’s not coming with you.”

                  I tightly grabbed the cheating boyfriend’s arm. He winced in pain and instantly let go of Bom. He looked at me angrily. “As$hole! Can’t you see I’m his boyfriend?

                  “The last time I checked, you broke up seconds ago after she introduced herself as your ex-girlfriend.” I l!cked my already melted ice cream while staring at him obnoxiously. “I can inflict a great damage to you while still eating my ice cream, y’know.” I sensed that he’s being uneasy. “If I were you, I’d run away from here. Should I count from 1 to 3?”

                  He clicked his tongue before glancing at Bom. “We’ll talk.” And after that, he grabbed her new girl then they walk away.

                 OK. Did I just meddle with someone else’s business which I shouldn’t have done in the first place? I even forgot about the stolen kiss and my precious ice cream.

                   “Thank you.” she said while beaming at me with her smile. She just broke up with her useless boyfriend but she seems to be not that affected. “My name’s Bom. And you’re..?”

                    “I’m nobody.” I replied ending the conversation then strode off with big steps. I have to get away from her. She speaks trouble.

                   “Hey! Wait up! Can I get your number Mr. Nobody?” she called out but I ignored her.

                    I walked even faster but she still can catch up to me.

                  So I broke into a run. A kind of run like a zombie is following me ready to eat my brains!

                   Yeah. You get the picture.

                  I hope I will not see her again.

 

#     #    #

DARA’s POV

                He’s talking in his phone while I’m here in the sofa following his every move with my gaze. My eyes are still puffy after I cried rivers of tears.

              *sigh*

               I raised my feet in the sofa doing an Indian sit. Still staring at Jiyong. In just an instant, I became aware of his every move.

               He glanced at me and I immediately darted my gaze elsewhere. I can’t face him after what happened earlier. The way he rested his hand on top of my head. The way he let me cry in his chest. The way he called my name. I felt it. I felt secured. The unusual beat of my heart. I don’t know if it’s just because of the emotions I poured out since I can still feel that sensation when I look at Jiyong.

                    I slowly glanced at Jiyong AND REGRETTED IT AFTERWARDS because the guy is still looking at me. I held my gaze and he is to me, too. THERE! There is that unusual beat again! I quickly averted my gaze away from him. OK. That’s just sooo obvious but if I held my gaze even longer, I think my heart will come out of my ribcage. I put my hand above my chest and tapped it gently. “Keep calm! Keep calm!” I’m repeating that sentence inside my head hoping that my heartbeat will come back in its normal pace.

                   I closed my eyes tightly when I felt the sofa moved. He sits beside me. HE SITS BESIDE ME!!! What do I do?

                  Breathe.

                     I sit there like a log. I’m not going to turn my head at him. I WILL NOT TURN MY HEAD AT HIM!

                      “Pikachu..”

                     “YES?” I immediately bolted my head towards him. OK. What happened to I-will-not-turn-my-head-at-him?

                       It’s too late for me to undo my move because my eyes are already glued at him. He’s not looking at me. His legs spread wide while his elbows are rested on his knees and his hands rubbing together. He’s biting his lips while his gaze is darted forward. I get the chance to study his features. His muscles flexing with his every move under that leather jacket. His arms. His jawline. His hair. His eyes. His nose.

                      His lips.

                     I swallowed hard to ease the dryness of my throat. Everything turns slow motion. The way his lips move. I feel like it’s hypnotizing me. I want to.... I want to feel it. I want to...---

                    “Pikachu...”

                    “Huh?” GAHHDDD! And what am I thinking? What are these p3rverted thoughts????

                     “You’re not listening.” He continued.

                      Did he say something? I can’t remember. It’s probably because I’m openly daydreaming in front of him. I hope he won’t sense something. I might dig my own grave if he asked me about it. My tongue is never in my side. I can’t trust it.

                      “I’m sorry... w-what is it again?”

                      “I said... you can pay your debt to me after you graduated and found a decent job.” He sighed exasperatedly then massaged his temple. “You’re making me say things for the second time around. I hate it.”                 

                      I ignored his last phrase. “What? Why?”

                      “Just because.” He said then he leaned on the back rest of the sofa.

                       “Pity over me?”

                       “No. Stop asking why.”

                       “A-alright.” I bit my lips to stop myself from smiling. He’s being considerate all of a sudden.

                       “And one more thing...” He sighed exasperatedly then massaged his temple. “I’m going to sleep here.”

                     Did I hear it right? “What?” I asked to make sure I’m not hallucinating.

                     He just looked at me then clicked his tongue. “I don’t want to say it again.” Then he suddenly removed his leather jacket leaving him with his sleeveless shirt only. He reclined comfortably on the sofa using his arms as his pillow while the other one covered his eyes then put his feet on top my legs. “Don’t turn the lights off.”

                    My jaw dropped after comprehending that what I heard is right. He’s planning – no – he’s going to sleep here.  IN MY APARTMENT!

                  I pushed his feet away and stand up towering him. “Y-yah! You can’t sleep here. It’s inappropriate.”

                  “I’m just sleeping. It’s not like where going to make a baby.” He replied lazily, still his arm covering his eyes.

                 My eyes widen with his p3rverted remarks. He really can’t live a day without saying things like that. “Yah!!!” I tried to pull his arm but he’s strong that I can’t do it.

                   “Pikachu... just sleep. I’m tired.”

                  “NO! I can’t sleep knowing that a stranger is sleeping in my---KYAAAH!”

                   He pulled me and I ended on top of him. “Sleep.” He muttered.

                   After like five seconds, I recovered from the initial shock then I shrieked. “KYAAAAHHHH!” I don’t really hit people but in this situation I need to defend myself so I hit his chest multiple times so he’ll let me go. He tried to stop me but I’m really unstoppable at the moment.

                    “Hey... stop! Pikachu... Stop—ouch.”

                    I immediately stood up and step back away from him. He sat up while holding his left hand. His eyebrows furrowed as if he’s hurting somewhere.

                     I was about to karate chop his head but when I saw his left hand, the initial intention turned into concern. I already forgot about his bruised hand that was caused by the fight he got into the bar. My conscience crept up on me again.

                   I immediately run into the kitchen to get the first aid kit then back at the living room and sit beside him. I settled the kit on the small table then pulled his hand on top of my legs.

                 “What are you doing?”

                “I’m treating your wounds.” I said while getting the necessary things on the first aid kit.

                 “I’m fine.” He pulled his hand away.

                  I sighed exasperatedly. “Don’t be stubborn.” I pulled his hand again and this time he didn’t draw it back.

                  I can feel his gaze on me but I’m too consumed on tending his wounds and while I’m on it, I noticed that he relaxed. “I’m sorry about what I said a while ago.” He stayed silent so I continued. “I’m glad you came to save me. I don’t know what might happen to me if you didn’t come. Thank you.”

                “Hmmm...” he murmured.

                 I put a band aid on his wounds then smiled afterwards. “But please... Don’t endanger yourself because of me again. It doesn’t rest well with me. I don’t want you to get hurt because of me. I don’t want to SEE you get hurt...”

                   The moment I raised my gaze at him, his face suddenly collapse forward. Then BAMMM! His lips... brushing on mine... in a split second. His forehead rested on my shoulder. I can feel his even breathing. He’s asleep.

                  My eyes widen in shock. I was stiff as a log. I didn’t dare move afraid that he’ll wake up. He must be so tired that he fell asleep that fast.

                  But the most shocking happening this night will surely give me sleepless nights.

                 I touched my lips. I can still feel it. That feathery touch.

                 It’s my first kiss.

                 And I was kissed by a sleeping bad boy.

                

 #    #    #

 

 

Author’s note:

KYAAAHHHHH! That was my first time writing a kissing scene (I don’t know if it was even counted as one..kkk~)

Well, there you go! I hope I made you giddy.. kkk~ 

A little TOPBOM moment in there! 😁

AND WOW! JUST WOW! You actually check every day for my update? That’s so touching! T___T THANK YOU! I’ll work harder in the future. I hope this will not be the first and last  fic that I’ll write.

 

300+ subscribers and counting (I hope! *fingers-crossed). That’s amazing!
THANK YOU MY LOVELY READERS AND SUBSCRIBERS!

DON’T FORGET TO UPVOTE! ;)

 

Twitter:

Thanks @sweetfabglam for following me! YUHOOO!

Please follow me,too... I’ll follow back! kkk~

@superrookie_aff