Chapter 11: Confusion and Confrotation

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader

 

Dara’s POV

                     “I got her. Back off.”

                       The gentle hand let go of my head and at the same time, I was pulled back by the strong hand wrapping around my waist. I still can’t keep my balance but the one who pulled me seems to notice it and he supported me using his manly body.

                     “Alright. Hands off!”

                      I look up and Donghae, wearing a black tuxedo, welcomed me with his boyish smile. He is raising both his hands as if surrendering. “Hi! Dara! Damn... how can I laugh at you when you’re looking this great? ” he said when our eyes met. He winked at me then bites his lips as if preventing himself from smiling. 

                          

                        ()

                        What’s happening?

                      I was about to answer him when the guy supporting me tightens his hold around my waist. “I wouldn’t mind if you get lost in front of me.” That authoritive voice. I can sense that he is pertaining to Donghae.

                       Jiyong. I came back to my senses and immediately scurried away from him that I forgot that I’m still wearing a high-heeled shoes. Luckily, I maintained my balance. I turned my gaze at Jiyong and found him looking at me with an obvious scowl on his face.

                       But his overall look caught my attention. He’s wearing a black suit with an animal print underneath. He is also wearing a fedora hat that compliments his image really well. He’s overflowing with charisma and confidence. A handsome fella, that he is.

                        

                      “Hey, man! Loosen up...” Jiyong shifted his gaze to Donghae and so am I. Good thing everyone is busy with their own business. No one seems to actually notice the situation happening between us three.

                      Donghae put his right hand on his pocket and approached Jiyong. “You’re scaring the lady with that look on your face. Relax!"He smiled. ''Come on... Let’s do a ‘fist bump’. ” Donghae warmly offered his left fist to Jiyong to do a ‘brotherly’ fist bump.

                       But...

                       Instead of accepting Donghae’s ‘fist bump’...

                     Jiyong switched his gaze to Donghae’s fist then back to the FACE of the expectant guy. A smirk formed on his lips.“Where EXACTLY do you want me to ‘FIST BUMP’ you?” he uttered with menace laced on his voice.            

                    My eyes widen with that statement. Donghae froze on his spot but the smile on his face did not fade. I became alarmed when the two started a staring battle. The air between the two became intense. As if the two of them is sizing the other. Both of them are waiting... waiting for each other to make the first move.

                     It lasted for a few seconds... and I can’t seem to do anything.

                     I sighed with relief when Donghae withdrew his hand and put it also inside his pocket. “Well... I guess... that’s a ‘no’.” He breathed audibly and shrugged his shoulders.

                    “Jiyong... ( Finally! I found my useless tongue!)”  Mr. P3rvy turned his gaze at me. “What are you doing here?”

                  He stayed silent for a moment without tearing his gaze at me. There’s something in his stares that I’ve never seen before... I got gossebumps and I suddenly get nervous. “You—“

                  “DARA-YAH! Here you are... we’ve been looking for you.” CL and Bom suddenly appear that’s why Jiyong didn’t finish his sentence. I turned to them instantly.

                   “HOOOLY SH!T! You’re soooo beautiful Dara-yah!” CL exclaimed surprised at how I look like. She hugged me for a second then covered her m0uth with her hands. She looks like a beauty queen who just won a title. Why are they reacting that way anyway?

                   “I told you, Chaerin-ah!” Bom added while clapping her hands with glee.

                  “Don’t go overreacting on me, Chae.” I said acting disinterested.

                  “Gosh! Are you still on the denial stage or the stupidity stage?” My blabber mouth friend, Bom, asked with her hands on her waist. “Haven’t you seen yourself in the mirror? You’ve been in the comfort room right? Don’t tell me you didn’t even take a glance because that’s just so lame.”

                  I sighed. “I didn’t reach the comfort room because.... “ I turned to Jiyong and Donghae but strangely they’re nowhere to be found. “Where did they go?”

                  “What?” CL voiced out.

                  I turned to them again with a confused look. “They... They’re here just seconds ago..”

                  “Who? I didn’t see anyone... “ Bom said with a creased on her forehead.

                  “B-but...”

                  “You’re creeping us out Dara-yah... Do you have some company?”

                   I was about to tell them that Jiyong and Donghae were here a while ago but I realized that they will just tease me and that would ruin my night for sure. I’ll just deal with Jiyong later. “Ah.. None. I just saw a former classmate a while ago... but she just left without saying anything.” I gave them a bright smile.

                  “Really?” Bom snorted. “If you didn’t say that, I would think that you just saw someone that you like...”

                   I almost choke on what Bom said. “Hahahaha...” I laughed awkwardly.

                  “Aisshhh... It’s better if we just get this party started... Come on! Let’s welcome all the visitors...” CL interjected and ushered us to the small stage where the musicians are at.

                      Wait. Small stage? STAGE??? NO!!!

 

#   #    #

                      I’m sweating. I swear, I’m going to collapse any moment now.

                     “Good evening everyone...” That’s CL holding a microphone and a glass of wine. Me and Bom are standing in her back holding our own glasses. She’s starting her welcoming speech. And here I am... almost losing my breath because of nervousness. I can’t even understand any words that CL is saying.

                     OK. Here’s the deal. I have a stage fright. I haven’t told it to CL and Bom because I thought that it was unnecessary since my course doesn’t really need a lot of going on stages. Another one, I’m not really active when there are events happening on the university. I’m happy being a Miss Nobody. I’ve started having this abnormality when I was in my elementary days. There’s one activity in one of our classes and involves acting and such but things didn’t go well with me. I forgot my lines and my classmates started laughing at me even throwing crumpled papers in my direction. The teacher came to my rescue but her stifled laugh didn’t escape my ears. I went home crying and my Appa consoled me. After that, I never joined any activity that involves standing in front of many people. 

                      Then this night came in like a wrecking ball and I’m not prepared.

                       “B-Bom... “ I nudged her.

                       “Hmm?” she purred without glancing at me because she is busy waving her hand with her socialite friends in the audience.      

                       “I... I c-can’t stay h-here...” I muttered.

                      “I’m sorry?”

                       “S-stage... I...” I’m stuttering and I can’t organize my words.    

                       “.... I want you to meet my two bestfriends who were beside me through thick and thin... Park Bom and Park Sandara.” I can hear the audiences clapping but I can’t focus my vision. The lights...they’re blinding me.

                     “Dara-yah!” Bom called out. “Are you alright?” she said while ushering me beside CL who is waiting for us in the center of the stage.

                    I looked at the people in front of us. They’re all watching us but it feels like they’re just staring at me. I’m used on being watched by those people when I am being bullied but standing on stage while being watched is very different.

                    “Dara-yah...” CL voiced out with worry evident on her voice. I looked at her but I’m feeling hazy. My throat is getting dry and I can’t respond to her.

                   “I’m going to collapse...”  I can feel it. My blood is draining on my face. I can’t breathe properly. My knees are getting weak.

                   “I’m going to---“

                   Suddenly, a wonderful piano piece started to play.

                   This song...

                   My nervousness ebb away after recognizing the piece. It’s a song that I’ll never forget. I instantly looked at the person behind the piano and found...

                    Lee Donghae...

                   He looked up then winked at me. I thought that he’s just going to play the piano all the way, but unexpectedly, he started to sing the song, too. (Author's Note: Refer to this link for the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxl3gRNu6y4 )

                     “You are my everything...

                           Nothing your love won’t bring...

                              My life is yours alone...

                                    The only love I’ve ever known....”

                   That is the song that my father always sings for me and my mother especially when I’m scared and crying. How come Donghae knows it? Is it just a coincidence?

                   Although it is not my father singing, the tension I’m feeling a while ago was overpowered by Donghae’s calming voice.

                       “...my everything...”

                  He ended the song and he was welcomed by loud cheers from the visitors. That’s when I realized that all their attention was on Donghae but not me. CL and Bom, as if sensing that I’m not feeling well, accompanied me down the stage.

                “Are you alright, Dara-yah?” Bom and CL asked in unison. Both of them laced with worry on their voice.

                 But my mind is drifting to someone else. I’m still curious on how Donghae knows that song and coincidentally, timing it to my very uncompromising situation.

                "Dara-yah... you're freaking me out! Are you not feeling well?" CL added.

                "I'm... I-I'm fine." I answered to lessen their uneasiness.

                “But you’re sweating... are you sure?” Bom said while wiping my forehead with her hand.

                I gave them my sincerest smile. “I’m fine... really! Chaerinie, you should go back to that stage... your visitors are waiting for you.”

                  “But...-“

                   “No more buts! Just go! I’m fine... I just feel stuffy a while ago... but seriously, I’m alright.” I gave them another reassuring smile. “This is your party anyways. “

                     “You sure?” CL asked to double check and I nodded. “OK, I’ll get back to you guys!.” Then she left to entertain her visitors.

                     “Dar—ummff!“

                     I put my finger against her lips to stop Bom from finishing her sentence. “I’M.FINE!” I sighed then removed my finger away from her lips. “I know you’d asked the same question again.”

                    “But you made me worry I almost cried.” She uttered then pouted. She’s acting like a child again. Nonetheless, I’m touched by her words.

                     “Aigoo...you’re such a child Bom-ah...”

                     Bom was about to answer me back when two guys and a girl approached us.

                     “Annyeong, Park Bom-ssi! Long time no see.” One of the guys said.

                    “Ow.. hi! Nice to see you again!” they greeted each other by exchanging kisses on their cheeks. That’s how rich people do it, y’know. Not the traditional 90 degrees bow.

                      “We have a lot of catching up, Bom – unnie.” the girl said.

                      “Yeah! But...” Bom looked at me and I already know what she’s thinking. I mouthed that I’m fine. I held my stomach and she instantly catch the hidden meaning to it. It means I’m hungry ... (not the other one that you are thinking. ^__^) She nodded then I left trying my hardest to reach the couch.

                   My eyes are searching for Donghae because I want to ask him about the song. But strangely, I couldn’t find him. After the song ended, the people dispersed again but no Donghae behind the piano to be found. I decided to just let it go. It’s just a coincidence. And possibly, he just really knows the song since it’s actually a quite popular song in its era.

                     I just focused myself again from walking and not tripping. I was almost at the couch when suddenly someone grabbed me by my arms that caused me to halt on my steps.

                   “Wearing shoes that you’re not used to... Such stupidity.”

                     Harsh words equals Mr. P3rvy.

                     I was about to face and answer him but he suddenly knelt in front of me with one knee. He held my ankle and lifted it up. I instantly supported myself by placing my hand in his shoulder. “Y-yah! What are you doing???” I exclaimed. What is he trying to do? I felt my cheeks heating up. His palms against my skin... the electricity... What’s this?

                   I was about to yank my ankle back but he held it firmly. “I’m going to end your misery.” He removed my right shoes then in one swift move, he dislodged its heels then he made me wear it again. He did it to the other one, too. Now, it looks like just plain flat shoes. And I feel comfortable wearing it.

                   I can’t help but stare at him without anything to say. His actions are starting to confuse me. I can feel butterflies in my stomach. It’s weird.

                 But the creased in his forehead woke me from my deep thoughts. He used to tease me when he caught me staring at him but tonight it’s different.

                 “Let’s talk.” He said in his icy cold voice. It gave me chills down my spine. Moreover, it’s actually nerve – wrecking when you hear that kind of ‘statement’.

                  “Is this a serious talk or a not-so-serious talk because as you can see I’m attending my friend’s victory party?”

                 He rubbed his face with his palm before looking straight to my eyes. “A serious talk.” He answered with his almost scary serious face.

                   I felt that this is something urgent but I can’t just leave without saying anything to CL and Bom. “Now? But the party’s not over yet, if I leave early, Bom and CL will surely worry about me.”

                    He fell silent still staring at me. It looks like he is contemplating to whether let me stay for a while longer or to drag me away from here. I was expecting he’ll choose the latter.

              He looked at the number of people swaying and grooving in the dance floor. Suddenly, the music changed into a sweet song. The couples started to take their positions then danced in the music.

             He looked back at me. "Yes. Now." He grabbed my hand and dragged me at the dance floor.

             "Y-yah!" I protested. I know what he's trying to do.

              He put my left hand in his right shoulder while he held the other one then he grabbed my small waist and pulled me closer to him. Our bodies almost touching. I looked up to him and found him staring at me, too. “Don’t even try to escape.” He said with his blank expression.

               I blinked for a few times before shifting my gaze at his chest. I think I’ve been holding my breath for the longest time in my entire existence.

                  “Breathe.” He pulled me closer; I almost bump on his chest. I exhaled inaudibly. My heart is thumping so fast as if it’s going to break out on my chest.

                   ”Why am I acting like this? I can’t control my body parts. I can’t even utter a single word.HELLLP!”

                    He started swaying from left to right. My feet moving on its own. And because I’m a lousy dancer, I accidentally stomped at his feet.

                     “S-sorry...”

                       Another wrong movement and I stomped on his feet again. “S-sorry... I j-just don’t know h-how to dance...” I bit on my lips when I stomped on him again. “J-jiyong, we can talk o-outside if you---“

                    “Is there something you’re not telling me?” he asked all of a sudden. Sh!t! This is the ‘serious talk’ that he is talking about.

                     I swallowed my own saliva. “L-like what?”

                    “I don’t know. You tell me.”

                    “B-but I can’t think of any.”

                     He halted on his movements, and so am I. “You can’t think of any? Should I remind you?” He looked down on me. I thought I saw something in his eyes... something that scares me.

                  He slowly closed the gap between our faces. “W-what a-are you d-doing?” I asked alarmed at his actions.

                  “I am reminding you.” I tried to push him but he held me firmly. Left with nothing to do, I closed my eyes and pressed my lips in a thin line.

                   “The cylinder... It’s not yours. Am I right?” he whispered on my right ear.

                I instantly opened my eyes. How did he know about it?

                He let go of me and keep a small distance between us. “Don’t ask about how I got to know it. The answer would be pretty obvious. Moreover, don’t even try to deny it ‘cause I know you would.” he heaved a deep sigh. “I just want to know why you lied to me.”

                  I thought I saw something in his eyes but it swiftly gone away. I don’t know if it’s hurt or betrayal? On the other hand, I’m dumbfounded. He knew it already before I can even tell him the truth.

                  I opened my mouth to say something but decided to close it again. I actually don’t know what to tell him. My mind is not working properly.

                  “Money? Is that it?”

                  I widened my eyes. “N-no... it’s n-not what---“

                  “But you ask me for it in exchange of that thing.”

                 “I’m just.... I j-just... my rent... I needed m-money... I h-have to---“

                “Exactly. You’ve said it yourself.”

                “Let me explain, Jiyong.” I uttered starting to get irritated by his accusations.

                “No. Everything is already clear. You’re all the same.” He turned his back at me. “You can only think of money.” Then he started to walk away leaving me fuming in anger.

                 I know I lied to him and asked for his money but am I not doing works for him so I can pay for it? I’ve allotted almost all my free time to do useless job for him yet he accused me of something that I am not.

                 I’m hurt and at the same time I’m mad.

                But I’m madder at myself for letting him go without hearing my version of the story. I didn’t get to defend myself properly.

#    #    #

TOP’s POV

                 Wearing a suit is a total waste. I didn’t even get the chance to mingle with beautiful girls.

                 But I guess it’s not actually a waste of time since I witnessed some ‘interesting’ scenes. From Jiyong’s heroic act catching Sandara Park before falling face flat on the floor PLUS acting like a jealous boyfriend when he almost started a fight with Lee Donghae. AND the most epic moment of the night is the confrontation he did with Sandara. The fxcking sweet dance they shared is the B.E.S.T!

                 “Wipe that annoying smile of yours hyung.” Jiyong said while his eyes are on the road ahead. He’s not even looking at me yet he knows that I’m smiling like a creep. Sometimes I wonder if he has eyes at the back of his head. Eerie.     

                   Well, after that dance with Sandara, we—I mean—Jiyong decided to leave the venue. He’s now driving and me sitting beside him in the passenger seat.

                    “You haven’t told me about what you’ve talked about.” I said pertaining about his short (but sweet) confrontation with Sandara Park.

                   “There’s nothing to tell. Playing with her is over.”

                   I swiftly turned my gaze at him. “What?” THE BET!!!!!Ugh! Seungri will surely laugh at me.

                   “She’s no different. It’s always about the money.”

                    Silence. I decided to just zip my mouth since I know that the topic is going somewhere else. Should I give you a little view about Jiyong’s past life? He’s an illegitimate son of our current Mafia leader. His real father, well, I don’t know about him but I know what exactly his mother was like. She sold Jiyong out for a small amount of money just to play at the casino. He received a lot of pain to those people who bought him but his father, our Mafia leader, saved him in his almost dying moment. And the rest was history.

                 That’s all I know. Jiyong doesn’t want to talk about it MOST of the time so we really never brought that topic out to him. His reason to fight for the position of the next Mafia leader is because it’s his father’s request. His not interested about the Mafia’s history because he found it stupid so at first he doesn’t want to follow it. But left with no choice, he decided to abide by the rules and that is to search and to marry the successor BUT leave her afterwards after gaining the Mafia leader position.

                Unfortunately, Sandara Park is the wrong person.

 

#    #    #

Dara’s POV

                 My life turned in a 360 degrees turn. Bom and CL after finding out my so called hidden beauty started giving me their old clothes (which I doubt it’s old). I’m not wearing my tracksuit often and also they burned all my eyeglasses so I don’t have anything to wear in my eyes. I keep the style of my hair because I don’t have any choice. But seriously, when I look at the mirror, I can’t help but smile because I can see the transformation on my looks. Furthermore, the students in the university are now recognizing me especially my favorite FANDOM, the three minions. They are exceptionally nice at me these past few days.

               Past few days... Yes. It’s been four days since I last talk to Jiyong. He never called me after that confrontation in the party. But DUH~ I’m not complaining. It’s actually very peaceful without his presence. I’m searching for the missing cylinder so I can give it back to him and about the money, I’ll pay him after I graduated and found a decent job. I’ll definitely pay for it even if it’ll take me 10 years.

                 But why am I feeling restless?????? Ugh. I should concentrate on studying since it’s our final examination for this semester.

                  I’m sitting under a big tree while holding a big book since it’s my free time. I shook off any ‘unhelpful’ ideas and focused myself on studying. CL and Bom are having their separate classes that’s why they’re not with me.

                When my mind is already consumed by reading my book, a person suddenly sits beside me and startling me on the process.

               “Annyeong, Dara!”

                “Donghae~ssi?”

               “Wow. The students from the corridor are not lying... you really look completely different.” He said looking amused at what he sees.

                “W-well, thanks to my friends.” I uttered while brushing my hair with my hand. I don’t know when it started but I’m feeling more comfortable around him now.

                 “You finally broke out on your shell, I guess.”

                  I nodded. Come to think of it, I haven’t seen him for a while,too. “Hey, you’re not around these past few days.. I haven’t seen you after CL’s party.”

                   He smiled at me then started rummaging on his backpack. “I’ve got some important things to do out of town so I left for a while. Did you miss me?” he gazed back at me then gave me his flashing smile.

                 I just laugh at his joke. “Your fangirls missed you (And I’m one of them..kkkk~).”

                 Then I remembered something. The question I’ve been meaning to ask him. “I have a question by the way...”

                 “What is it?”

                 “The song you sung in CL’s party... how... how come you know it?”

                 “Why wouldn’t I know it? It’s a good song.” He looked at his book started scanning its pages. “I’m glad it worked out with your stage fright.”

                  Wait...

                   “How... how did you know I’ve got a stage fright?”

                    His smile slowly fades away then he stopped on scanning the book that he is holding. I’m pretty sure I never mentioned it to him even to Bom or CL. How come he knows it?

                  He slowly turned his gaze at me with his emotionless face. This is the first time I’ve seen him like this.

                    Lee Donghae... is there something I need to know about him?

 

 

 

 

 

#    #    #

ANNYEONG!!!!! LONG TIME NO UPDATE!

Here yah go! The longest chapter that I have ever made until now.

Kkkk~

I hope you liked it!

I’ve chosen the song ‘My Everything’ since it’s actually a song dedicated by Donghae to his late father.

T__T

Anyways, leave your comments in the comments box and let’s spazz together!kkk~

 

ALWAYS!

THANK YOU FOR READING AND SUBSCRIBING! ^___^

AND YOU GUYS ARE MAKING ME HAPPY WITH YOUR INSPIRING COMMENTS!

IT GIVES ME THE URGE TO CONTINUE THIS FIC.

EXCITING~~~

DON’T FORGET TO UPVOTE!!! ^^,

P.S.

May I know where are my readers from? I mean.. your country? Where do you live? Kkkk~ Thanks