Chapter 17: Close your eyes

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader

 

DARA’s POV

                  “How old is your friend again? I think she’s old enough to know what she’s doing...” Jiyong is obviously not happy with what we’re doing. I know this looks a bit pathetic but I know Park Bom more than anyone else. She’s old enough and can socialize with different kinds of people but what I worry about her is she always makes the stupidest decisions when it comes to her love life. Just look at her previous relationship. She thought it was love because the guy treats her just like a princess. Unknown to her, the as$hole is doing the same thing with his bunch of princesses.

                  .

                  .

                   .

                   OK. I’m just making excuses. Bom can make stupid decisions but she can handle herself perfectly. If Top tried to take advantage of her, I’m definitely sure that she knows what to do. Besides, she’s knowledgeable about guys more than I do. So why should I find her and dramatically take her away from Top like an evil stepmother in her fairy tale-like love story? Ugghhh...  I don’t know. Maybe I’m afraid that she will spill what’s in her mind to Top? Or rather I’m afraid to be alone with him? But I can just go home and live a peaceful life in my dreamland.

                  “Admit it already. Me, as your subconscious mind, is telling you that you obviously want to be with him longer---“

                    “HOME!!!” I exclaimed. “You’re right. It’s better to go home. Ha..ha..ha..ha...”  I halted on my steps and awkwardly beamed at him. He stopped walking and looked back at me. My alter ego is polluting my mind with those ridiculous theories and it is not helping at all.

                    “What is your play, Pikachu?” Jiyong asked with a creased on his forehead. “You’ve been worrying and yammering around about your friend for more than an hour ago and now you’re telling me that it’s better to go home?”

                      Yes. It’s more than an hour already since we started searching for Bom and Top in the amusement park. We decided to search there first because it’s our initial destination for the ‘supposed to be double date’. But we didn’t find them so we continued searching in the streets.

                      I gave him a lopsided smile. “I forgot that she’s...umm... old enough, just like what you said... so I think it’s better if we just go ho—“

                     “I’ve told you that before but you just turn your back at me.” he sighed inaudibly then shoved his hands on his pockets. I looked down realizing that what he said is true.

                     I’m such a babo!

                     “Let’s go.” He started walking and I followed him behind when....

                       “ANNYEONG HASEYO!!!”

                        A woman, maybe in her mid-30’s, suddenly materialized in front of us holding, I supposed, a kilo of fresh samgyeopsal.  She’s wearing a white shirt with a big word ‘LOVE’ designed on it. She’s grinning at us. Oh. Don’t tell me she will offer us with free samgyeopsal? Hahaha... Can you hear my sarcasm in there? I’ve been in a lot of part time jobs and I’m telling you, there are no more free stuffs in this world.

                      Jiyong ignored her while I bowed at her as a sign of respect then we resumed on our way.

                     “Wait! Wait! Wait!” she followed us and blocked our way. “We are giving free samgyeopsal!”

                       Seriously? Oh.. I know. I’m definitely sure we have to buy something before we receive that free samgyeopsal. Talking about experience. *virtually shrugged my shoulders*

                       I cleared my throat and was about to say what’s on my mind when the woman snake her arms around mine and Jiyong’s arm and forcefully ushered  us to the store just across the street with few people flocking in.

                      “H-hey! Excuse me, Ma’am... but—“

                     “Aigoo... don’t you like samgyeopsal?” She asked. Who doesn’t like samgyeopsal? “And for the record, it’s free.. All you have to do is pose for the camera! Come on!”

                     Now it picked my curiosity. “Pose for the camera?”

                    “Yes. It’s easy right?! Me and my husband decided to celebrate our 5th year anniversary by giving away free samgyeopsal.”

                      Excitement consumed me. Free samgyeopsal! I can see flowers and stars surrounding it. “Alright! I’ll join!”

                     When we reached the store, Jiyong withdraw his arm from the woman’s grip. “Well, I don’t.” he was about to walk away when the woman grabbed his arm again.

                     I ignored him and turn my attention to the woman. “I got some nice angles, too! You can take my pictures as much as you please.”

                     “No. You should pose as a couple. Aren’t you one?”

                      WHHAAAT? Ok. That answers why there’s a big ‘LOVE’ designed on her shirt.

                     Posing for the camera as a couple??? Jiyong and me? Of course he’ll disagree even more with that idea.

                     But I still want to join. THAT’S SAMGYEOPSAL EVERYBODY! “I can do it alone. Promise. I will try my best to be photogenic as much as possible!” I suggested.

                    “You can’t. Look. They’re all couples joining in. We need a lot of couples’ pictures because we’re going to make a collage. Please~ We need to gather at least thousands of pictures. It’s already getting darker and passing couples are becoming less and less.” She pleaded.

                  My shoulders fell. I pouted. Jiyong won’t agree and I’m sure of that. We’re not a couple anyways. “ Sorry but we can’t join in.” I uttered.

                   “Aigooo~ it’s such a waste. You look like a cute couple.” She said with disappointment laced on her voice.

                   “It’s alright. Congratulations on your anniversary!” I bowed at her.

                   “Tsk.” Jiyong suddenly draped his arms around my shoulder. “There. Take our picture and give us that damn samgyeopsal.”

                   I looked up to him with wide eyes. Is he really doing this? Again, for me?

                 “Don’t stare at me like that... I’m taking half of that samgyeopsal.” He uttered without looking back at me.

                  “You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to, Jiyong... It’s just a meat. It’s ---“

                  “I’m doing it already and....” That’s when he looked back at me. “...it’s my choice.”

                 I’m melting! My knees are wobbling. GAAAAHHH! What’s this giddy feeling? I turned away from him when I realized that I’ve been holding my breath already. I exhaled deeply to even my breathing because my heart is beating in its abnormal pace again.

                  “Aigoo... You look good together. You reminded me of my younger days with my husband.”

                 “Ha...ha..ha...” I laughed awkwardly. I need to get that samgyeopsal before I totally turn into a puddle of water in here. “You can take our pictures now.”

                  “Ahh... You don’t have to hurry... We need to take your picture at the booth inside the store. Come!” she led the way inside the store.

                  “Jiyong... you can still change your mind—“

                  “You do know that I don’t want to repeat my words, right?” He removed his arm around my shoulder and shoved it inside his pocket. He then followed the woman inside the store.   

                     And all I can do is let out a giddy smile.

 

#   #   #

                  I never expected it to be like this. Look at these couples. They are happily lining for the samgyeopsal but I think they’re happier in taking their sweet photos together. We are few in numbers here but the store has that lively atmosphere because I guess... love is in the air. Kkkk~ I’m getting cheesier as time goes by.

                “Omo! How cute!” I pointed at the old couple who is the next one to step on the booth. They posed happily for the camera and you can still see the love in their eyes. “Aww... I’m wishing for that kind of relationship, too...” I talked to myself while clasping my hands together daydreaming openly.

                “Tss...”

                 I heard Jiyong scoffed beside me as if mocking my earlier admiration to the old couple. “What was that all about?” I turned to him with a scowl on my face.

                 He just shrugged his shoulders then shoved his hands in his pocket. He looked elsewhere, ignoring my presence. I huffed in annoyance. “One day... you’ll wish for that kind of relationship, too.”

                  His features changed after hearing what I said. I slightly panicked when he bowed his head, his hair covering his eyes. Is he upset with what I said?

                  H-hey... I’m just teasing him...

                  I was about to open my mouth and talk to him when the Unnie (yeah, I called her unnie) called for us.

                 “NEXT!”

                  He walked past me and head straight to the booth. I followed him with my gaze. I really did say something inappropriate, didn’t I? But I can’t even consider it as inappropriate. I followed him shaking off those ideas on my mind.

                  “Alright! We’ll be taking five shots, ok?” The photographer, who is also the husband, instructed us. BUT...

                  “Five shots? But you just took 2 for the previous couples.” I pressed.

                   “Yeah. But we are running out of time and we need few more shots. We don’t have enough couples anymore.” He gestured to the 3 couples who’re waiting for their turn. “And what’s wrong with five shots? You’re a couple, right?”

                  I almost choke with my own saliva after that question. I cleared my throat. Should I answer ‘yes’? But come on, Jiyong might misinterpret it. So should I say ‘no’? But what will happen to my samgyeopsal?

                  “Umm.... we.. are...-- “

                    Jiyong suddenly snxke  his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. Our bodies touching.

                     Kyaaahhhkkk!

                     “Take your five shots. Now.” He ordered.

                     “O- ok..”

                      Wait! Should I smile but I can’t. It’s like my face frozen up and I can’t manage a smile or even a blink. My mind is full of ‘Jiyong’s-arm-is-on-my-waist’ right now.

                      “Aishhh... I can’t take a shot if you guys are too awkward. Be natural!”

                      “Go on! You can kiss if you want to!” The wife, the one I called unnie, suggested.

                      Kiss???? NOOO!

                      Without second thought, Jiyong pulled me closer to him and faced me. It was too close that I unconsciously planted my hands on his chest. It’s like my defense mechanism. If he tries to take advantage of me, I’ll push him as hard as I can. I look up to his eyes but it was emotionless.

                      “Kyaaaaaaaaaah!!!That’s it! That’s it!” The teenage-acting unnie shrieked in delightfulness.

                      “W-wait... we can try a d-different pose, Ji—“             

                      His face draws closer to mine tilting on the side on the process. He stopped his lips just inches away on mine. We are almost exchanging breaths. What happened to ‘I’m-gonna-push-him-as-hard-as-I-can’?

                     “I won’t kiss you... but don’t dare close your eyes, I might change my mind..” he muttered under his breath.

                     The weather is cold but why am I sweating? This guy.. what is he doing to me? My throat started to dry. Ugh! I didn’t dare blink, afraid that he might actually execute his ‘threat’. I remembered him saying that when he saved me against those two drunk thugs.

                     But why won’t he kiss me?

                  WHAT AM I THINKING? GHAADDD!

                    I pushed him a little to increase the space between us but he just tighten his hold on my waist and pulled me even closer. He run his hands on my face and stopped by holding my chin. His eyes are gazing on my lips while mine is wide open, fully aware of his every move.

                    I won’t close my eyes~ I won’t close my eyes~ I won’t close my eyes..

                  Then he shifted his eyes onto mine. Staring at it as if conveying something that I cannot quite fathom.

                 I won’t close my eyes~

                He brushed my lower lip with his thumb. I swallowed hard. My heartbeat is beating in an abnormal pace... but what surprised me is the beating of his heart. It was the same pace as mine.

               I won’t close my eyes~

                “Don’t...” he said in a hushed tone.

                My eyelids are betraying me. It felt so heavy under those stares of him. My muscles started to relax. I grabbed a handful of his shirt. Why do I feel a need to pull him closer to mine? If I do that, then our lips will definitely touch.

                 I won’t close my eyes~

                 Those are the words running on my mind. But my eyes says different...

                 Now. My eyes are closed.

                  Kiss me.

                 I heard him intake a large amount of air and then...

                “THAT’S A WRAP!”

                I was startled because of that and immediately opened my eyes. I swiftly pushed Jiyong away from me.

               What just happened?

               “Wow! That was a good shot!” the husband praised the pictures he took while scanning it on his camera.

               “If you just pushed with that kiss it’ll be epic! Kyaaahhh!”

               I look at Jiyong and caught him looking at me too with that familiar smirk!

                 Oh no! Mr P3rvy is back! GAAAHHHHHHH!

               I turned away from him. In my peripheral vision, I saw him approaching me. My mind is working a hundred plans on how to punch his face or on how to run away from here but my feet can’t even manage a single step. I’m glued on my spot!

                He stopped just beside me and then he placed his hand on top of my head. “Disappointed?” he asked teasing me.

                 I pushed his hand away then run to get my samgyeopsal ignoring the spazz attack of the love struck wife and husband!

                I head straight outside the shop and walked as fast as I can without any particular direction in my mind.

                 I CAN’T FACE HIM!!!!


                 I can’t believe I closed my eyes like that. It’s like I’m giving him a permission to kiss me. GAAAHHH! Eotokke??? I’m sure I will not hear the end of this from him!    

                 I stopped from walking and shrieked from the bottom of my lungs. The few people passing by looked at me with disgust.

                 Yeah. I’m crazy!

                 I sat on my heels and ignore the rest of the world. I know I’m in the middle of the street walk but I don’t care. What I just did is sooo embarrassing.

                “Babo! Babo Dara!” I scolded myself.

                  Hands suddenly hold me by my shoulder. And I’m pretty sure who it was...

                 “Stand up...” he ordered.

                  I didn’t move.

                 The next thing he did was pulled me upward by my shoulder to make me stand on my feet.

                  Still... I didn’t dare move.

                 He walked in front of me and I quickly averted my gaze downwards to hide my face.

                  “I got a share with that samgyeopsal, Pikachu..”

                  Go away! Ackkk....

                   “But more than that...” 

                    He holds my chin and made me look up to him.

                   “... I need to finish where we left off...”

                   Once I landed my eyes on him, he tilted his head and planted a kiss on my lips. It was just a peck. His face was still close to mine.

                    His eyes bore into mine as if examining my reaction. But all I could do is blink for a few times. Should I push him away? Or should I close my eyes?

               “Close your eyes.”

                 He said that in his authorative voice but it sounded like a pleading request.

                 So I did close my eyes... My arms hanging limply on my sides. I tightened my hold on my--- our samgyeopsal.

                Then he kissed me... gently. The feeling was overwhelming that I thought I was on cloud nine. It is sweet and at the same time, I felt like he finally throws all the things that were suppressing him. What I mean with those ‘things’? Well, I also don’t know.

                And for once in my life... I witnessed that magic really do happen.

              Or should I say... it’s the second time around.

 

#    #     #

TOP’s POV

                   ‘OH FXCK ! I’m going home!” I am now annoyed as hell to this alien beside me. After dragging me to that disgusting place to hide, she lay out a plan, which is so stupid by the way, and decided to stalk Jiyong and Sandara behind. She said we are going to play as ninjas.

                      BUT WE TOTALLY LOST THEM UNDER OUR RADAR. WHY???? BECAUSE SHE FXCKING BOUGHT ANY FOODS THAT SHE SAW IN THE STREETS EVERY FXCKING MINUTE!

                    And here I am, already on the edge of my patience. My hand is itching to blast her head off using my recently customized revolver hiding underneath my casual suit jacket.

                    “Come on Mr. Nobody... you can dig in! My treat!” she said while munching on her sweet corn.  

                  I massaged my temple and decided to walk away. “I totally wasted my time in here.”

                 “NO YOU DIDN’T!” she called out.

                 I looked back at her with my ‘are-you-serious’ look.

                 “Every minute I spent with you is totally worth it.”

                 “Oh.” Yeah. That’s my bingu response. Why is she suddenly saying such things?

                  “You can let out a shriek if you want to, you know. It’s hard to hide your giddiness. ” She giggled.

                   My expressions darkened. How dare this alien make fun of me???? NO ONE STAYED ALIVE THAT HAD THE COURAGE TO MAKE FUN OF ME. NO ONE---

                 “But thanks for playing along... I hope Dara will finally open up to Jiyong about her scholarship.”

                  Scholarship? What?

 

#    #    #

JIYONG’s POV

                  I followed her with my gaze as she mounted on the bus. She insisted that she’ll be fine from here. I bit my lips to stop myself from smiling as I caught her looking at me from the windows of the bus. I can see her blush and she swiftly turned away. She pulled the curtains that totally blocked my view to her. What a waste.

                 The bus started to drove off but she never opened the curtains again.  

                  After the kiss, no words have been spoken. I think its better that it ended that way. It will just make things more complicated.

                Why did I kiss her?

                Simply because I’m a guy.

               But why didn’t she push me away? I don’t know.

                Enough of that. I’ve been having a weird feeling that someone is following us. At first, it was three people. But now, there’s only one. I didn’t show any reactions that might seem suspicious to this stalker.

                  The thing is... I have a wild guess on who it was.

                  I started to head on the direction of the condominium building where Top and I was about to search before Sandara and her friend came. I stopped in front of it and pulled out the tracking device that Youngbae gave us. It is still blinking.

               I entered the building and was welcomed by the receptionist but I ignored her and walked straight to the elevator. I pushed the 5th floor. No one is inside the elevator. Just me. If my hunch is right, this person is already running to the stairs just to get into his room.

               When the elevator opens, I immediately strides with big steps to the room where a certain person lives. The tracking device blinked rapidly indicating that I’m already close to my destination. I stopped in front a code generated door and knock on it consecutively. My hold on the tracking device tightened.

                When I heard the door made a clicking sound, my expressions darkened.

                The door opens and a familiar face welcomed me.

                 “Oh~ Jiyong-sii? What brought you here?”

                 Lee Donghae.

 

 

 

#   #   #

Sorry for the long wait!

I hope you’re satisfied with my update!

But I have to go for now!

Kkkk~

 

See you on the next update!

 

THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO SUBSCRBED! ^__^

 

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!

 

Follow me on twitter:

@superrookie_aff

I’ll follow back!

Hi! To my followers!

@loveless85257, @corea51180815, @darABS_17

@manilababyvip, @jenfm1984 , @ huiyinang,

@polet95 and @Sweetfabglam

^____^

Pyyonggg~