Chapter 16: Double Date

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader

 

DARA’s POV

                 After what happened last night, I decided not to go to school so I can avoid Donghae. I don’t even know if I need to avoid him. I’m not angry of what he did; it’s just that, I don’t feel like talking to him anytime soon.

                On another note, I already made up my mind and booked a ticket. I’m going back to Busan. I’m going to stay there for I don’t know how long. Maybe for good or to just find some answers. I know my mother will definitely help me with this chapter of my life.

                I called out for Bom and CL and invited them to have some fun. Unfortunately, CL is unavailable due to prior appointments. But Bom being Bom, she can’t let this once in a blue moon invitation to slip. I’m not really the type on insisting on having fun. And of course, she hasn’t really had the chance to talk to me one-on-one about the... ‘kiss’ thingy. I just hope that she forget about it.

               This is also the time that I’m going to tell her about my status in school. I hope she won’t knock the hell out of me.

              It’s already 3 o’clock in the afternoon and I’m already waiting for her in our rendezvous point. She’s late.

               “DARAAAA!”

               I was startled when someone hugged me from the back. And it was the alien – Park Bom. She let go of me afterwards.

               “You’re late.” I accused her.

               “I’m not. I’ve been here for about... an hour ago.” She beamed at me as if the things that she just revealed are the best things to say to a person who’s waiting for her for more than 30 minutes.

                I sighed in exasperation. My lifespan is decreasing because of her. I held the bridge of my nose with my forefinger and thumb. “You’re hopeless, Bom-ah.”

               “Aishh.. Stop being cute! Come on! Let’s start having some fun! I’m gonna buy you a lot of clothes...” she said then pulled me.

                  “No... you’re not.” I said while shaking my head.

 

#   #  #

TOP’s POV

                 “Are you sure it’s somewhere in here, Youngbae?” I asked in the other line.

                “Yeah. You’re in Hongdae, right?” he asked back.

                “Yes. But the place that you told us is a vacant lot.”

                “I’m 100 % sure this time Top-hyung... This IP address is used and located there. If that place is a vacant lot then maybe there are some adjacent flats residing there. How many times have I told you that?” He explained in the other line.

                 “Alright. Then we are going to scan the places with your tracking device. Call us if we are near the signal.” I ordered coolly using my deep beautiful voice.

                  I heard him sigh in the other line. “That’s the original plan, hyung... And what’s with that deep voice – wait— don’t tell me you’re being retarded again?”

                I chuckled. I can tell that he’s getting irritated. “Don’t you like my voice behind the phone? I can impregnate a woman just by letting her hear my voice in that way.”

                “ Fxck, I could’ve have slit your throat if you’re here, hyung.. Come on! Stop messing around...”

                   I laughed even louder. “Alright. Alright. Our Boss is just talking to someone in his phone. We’re about to start to scan every flats or the likes in here.”

                 “Seriously. You’ll be the death of me...”

                 “That’s an honor.” I replied mockingly. And the next thing I hear is the busy tone. Hahahaha... It’s really fun to play with him.

                   “Let’s go.” Said Jiyong who’s already heading to somewhere unparticular. I followed him. I’m also curious on who he’s talking in the phone.

                  “Who was it?”

                   “It’s the leader of the Yakuza clan in Busan.” He answered without looking at me.

                   “Again? Don’t tell me he’s asking for you to attend their annual initiation as the guest of honor?” This yakuza leader is a BIG fan of Jiyong. Maybe because his daughter has the hots for my Boss and he really wants to make a bond between our Mafia organization and their Yakuza clan.

                 Every year, he didn’t fail on sending Jiyong an invitation to attend their annual initiation for the new members of their clan with an obvious intention of getting Jiyong and his daughter together. But Jiyong never showed interest on it.

                   “Focus on our mission, Top-hyung.” He halted on his steps and looked at the condo building in front of us.

                  “I’m on it.”

                  “Hey... If I’m not mistaken, I know someone who’s---“ Jiyong cut his sentence off when a familiar voice resonated beside me.

                 “Mr. Nobody?”

                  And just like in the horror movies, I slowly turned my head on the girl who shamelessly stole a kiss from me. MY NIGHTMARE!

                   “Ahhhh!” I shrieked in horror and run at the back of Jiyong trying to hide myself.

                  “What the fxck, hyung?!”

                 “Why did you run like that, Bom-ah--- “

                  HOLY SH!!!T!

                 Fate is sooo creepy! What in the world is this? Jiyong and Sandara Park bumping in each other in an unexpected moment.

                       Yeah... unexpected moment I say. Those times that Jiyong met with her, all of them were obviously planned. Uh huh! That’s right. He’s a man of few words but he’s a man of many actions. Damn. I’m so poetic.

                    I felt Jiyong frozen on his spot. My gaze shifting from Jiyong to Sandara. They’re staring at each other as if they haven’t seen each other for years. I can only see this kind of scenes in a romantic movie.                  

                  But Jiyong is the first one to turn away. I noticed Sandara’s creased in the forehead as if confused on the way Jiyong acted. THAT RAT! I KNEW IT! He did witness something last night but that sh!thead doesn’t want to tell the story, denying everything in purpose. I’ll torture him until he decided to spill everything out.

                   “OMG! Look at that. What a coincidence! Dara-yah, Mr. Nobody is friends with Kwon Jiyong, the as$hole you’re telling us. WOW!” she exclaimed getting excited with what’s happening so far. “Don’t you think this is destiny?” Ackk... I think I might throw up.

                  “Let’s get out of here.” Jiyong uttered.

                   He was about to step away when the scary alien jumped in front of him blocking our way.

                 “Let’s go on a date!”  

                WHAT THE HELL??? THIS LADY IS CRAZY BEYOND EVERYTHING THAT YOU CAN THINK OF BEING CRAZY.  She’ s now asking Jiyong on a date.

                    “I know what you’re thinking Mr. P3rvy—hmmmp.”

                    “PARK BOM!” Sandara swiftly covered the alien’s mouth. “What the hell are you doing?”

                     The alien forcibly removed Sandara’s hand covering . “You’re ruining my lipstick, Dara-yah.. Seriously! I’m not asking your ‘guy’ on a date.. I’m asking Mr. Nobody.” She said while pointing at me. WHAT IS SHE PLAYING? I suddenly fear for my life.

                     “He’s not my ‘guy’, Park Bom.  Where did you get that idea?”

                     “Miss Park Bom, I think you’ve mistaken me for SOMEONE else.” Jiyong interjected. Oh, wow... Did he sound sarcastic just now? This is getting interesting.

                      “What do you mean?” Sandara asked seemingly getting a little confused on what Jiyong said.

                      “I don’t mean anything...” Jiyong answered back.

                      And as if a light bulb popped above my head, I thought of an idea that requires a great sacrifice for me. Jiyong will surely kill me after this.

                     “Alright! I’ll go on a date with you, Miss Airhead BUT with one condition....”

                      I can sense Jiyong’s eyes at me as if my skins are being peeled. I know he’s already against with my idea.

                      The airhead jumped merrily while clapping her hands. Ugh. “Anything, Mr. Nobody!”

                     “We’ll go on a double date.”

                     “SURE!”

                     I turned to Jiyong whose eyes are sending dangerous daggers straight to my head. Even though he doesn’t say anything, I can see that he is so ready to kill me.

                    And Sandara Park whose jaw dropped after her friend agreed on the condition is now in a haywire.

                    

#    #   #              

DARA’s POV

                 I will surely kill Park Bom.

                 How could she do this to me? I haven’t even started telling my story yet she already created a CHAOS! Aishh... I am planning on having fun and not this! She blew the whole thing up!  There are more than a thousands of people here in Seoul, why must she has to like Top, who is acquainted with Kwon Jiyong? Why is this big guy even agreeing on Bom’s crazy idea?

                 “Hey! I’m not agreeing on this. If you want to date then leave me out of this.” I said sternly. I was about to walk away when my oh-so-lovable friend *insert sarcasm in here* pulled my hair. “YAAH!”

                 She whispered something on my ears that made me think otherwise. “If you want me to keep my mouth shut about your ‘secret kiss’, then you better go along with my plan.” I swallowed my own saliva. I darted my eyes at Jiyong who’s silently arguing with Top. I know Park Bom well enough and I must say, she won’t go back on her words. And leaving her with Top and Jiyong will surely taint my life forever.

                 I take back my hair and without a choice I agreed on her. “Fine.” she clapped like a little kid with a big smile on her face. “Just don’t leave me alone with him.”

                 “With Mr. P3rvy?”

                  I widen my eyes at her. “Stop saying that! He doesn’t know I’m calling him by that nick!” I muttered.

                 “Alright. But why? Is it getting awkward between the two of you?” She arched her eyebrows as if there’s a hidden message on her question.

                  I sighed audibly. “Just... don’t. Ok?” I looked at Jiyong again who is still talking to Top. “I bet he won’t agree with this thing,too.”

                  “Who knows?” She shrugged her shoulders. I don’t trust that gesture at all.

                  I shake my head and ignore her. Top and Jiyong is now walking at our direction. I noticed that Jiyong is looking elsewhere and he doesn’t seem to be happy with the result of their conversation. And as for Top, his smile is sky rocketing.

                  Don’t tell me he won over Jiyong?

                 “So where do we go?” Top asked.

                  Yeah. Looks like he won over him and that’s... unusual.

 

#    #   #

TOP’s POV

                 OK. Everything falls into places. We are now heading our way to an amusement park. I managed to talk out to Jiyong about this stuff ‘cause I told him that if he will not come, we’ll find another guy to be Sandara’s partner. He agreed right away. I told you, he always defy his own words when it comes to Sandara though he doesn’t notice it himself.

                And as for our mission, I’ll deal with it later.

               But for now, I have to put up with this airhead slash alien slash scary woman that is clinging into me. Why is she  clinging to me as if we’re already hooking up? I forcibly removed her hands off of me. “Stop clinging will you?” But she just put it back while giving me glares. WTF!

                 “You don’t have to pretend you don’t like it, Mr. Nobody.”

                   My jaw dropped after hearing that. THE NERVE OF THIS LADY!

                  “What’s your real name anyways – though I like calling you Mr. Nobody because it sounded really mysterious. I like mysterious, you know.” Then she winked at me. Hold me people! I’m gonna dislodged her eyes out! HOLD ME!!!

                   She fell silent after that. Why oh why? I get a bad feeling about this.

                   “Why did you agree though?” she asked while taking a peek at our back. Sandara and Jiyong is walking behind us with a great distance between them. They look so awkward and... I don’t know. “It’s not about me, right? You clearly don’t like my antics.”

                   O...K... Well, her cleverness surprised me. “Let’s just say that I want some ice breaker.”

                   “Ice breaker?” she chuckled. “You know... you’re not the only one with hidden agenda here.”

                     I whipped my head at her. “What do you mean?”

                   “Run on three, ok? To the left.”

                   “What?” I asked confused. She tightened her hold on me and then...

                    “Three!”

                    She pulled me in an alley while running.

                   AM I BEING KIDNAPPED?

 

#    #   #

DARA’S POV

                  Ok. This is awkward. But why is he acting so distant? I should be the one acting like that. Why do I bother anyway? I think it’s better this way. For Park Bom’s sake, I’m going to endure this awkwardness.

                    Suddenly, someone grabbed me in the arm, I almost lost my balance. I landed on a strong and warm body with an aromatic manly scent. “Watch where you’re going.” I widened my eyes when I realized that it was Jiyong who grabbed me. If it wasn’t for him, I might be kissing the ground because of the caution sign that I almost bumped into.

                  I was about to distance myself at him when Bom and Top, who are walking ahead of us, suddenly dashed away in an alley. WHAT THE HECK!

                 “YAH!!!” I called out. I was going to follow them when I accidentally step on Jiyong’s foot. I heard him cursed under his breath. “Sh!t, sorry!” I looked at the direction where the two went and it seems that I already lost them.

                      PAAARKKK BOOOOM!!!

                  “HEY! LET’S GO AND FIND THEM!” I frantically told Jiyong. But the jerk is busy nursing his foot.

                   “What’s the use of following them? Your friend obviously wants to be alone with Top hyung.” He stood up properly then shoved his hands on his pocket.

                    “I don’t trust your hyung! What if he does something that against my friend’s will?”

                   “I think I should be the one asking you that.” He said acting nonchalant about it.

                     Ugh. He’s being his jerk self again. “Fine.  I’ll find them myself.”

                    “Suit yourself.”

                     I was about to retaliate out of annoyance but decided not to. I might say rude things out of anger. I turn away at him and with big steps; I headed to the direction where that crazy people went. I look at the sky and it is already getting dark.

                      Fine. Don’t follow me.

                      I turn left to the alley and accidentally bumped to an unknown guy. He doesn’t look friendly at all. I’m so unlucky today.

                     “S-sorry.” I apologized. I was about to walk past him but he grabbed me by the arm tightly.

                    “Your sorry is not enough young lady.” Oh no! Why am I a magnet for trouble?

                      “Keep your hands off her.”

                      Jiyong...

                    He saved me again...

                    “Who are you—“ Recognition is evident on the thug’s eye when he looked at Jiyong. He looked frightened all of a sudden.

                       “Go.”

                       The guy immediately let go of me and walked fast away from us. I nursed the part where that thug held me. It left a red mark on my skin. “Tsk.” I heard Jiyong clicked his tongue then approached me. He swiftly held my arm and run his thumb on the red mark. “That fxcker!” I’m just staring at him. He looked worried. Worried over me. It’s just a red mark but he looks like he’s going to inflict a great damage to the person who did this to me. “Does it hurt?” He shifted his gaze straight to my eyes as if he wants to take the pain away.

                      “Y-yes.” I said in a hushed tone. I’m not talking about the red mark. It’s my heart beating wildly like it wants to break free from my ribcage. It hurts. Does it? But why do I feel elated?

                         When I noticed that his eyes turned into slits and something dangerous, I know that he is not happy with my answer. I have a bad feeling that he’s going to chase that guy. “I mean n-no. It doesn’t hurt at all.” I said while withdrawing my arm at him. “I’m fine.”

                        “No you’re not. You just said it a while ago.“

                        “This mark is not what I’m talking about Jiyong.”

                          His eyes became even more dangerous. Oh sh!t. He took it wrongly. “Did that guy do something distasteful to you even before I came in? Did he hurt you somewhere else?”

                       “NO! He didn’t hurt me physically, ok?”

                       He didn’t say anything but I can see that he is trying to calm his self. He is trying to even his breathing. He looks so mad.

                     Why Jiyong? Why?

                     “Let me take you home. You’re not safe here.” He grabbed my hand and tried to pull me but I refused. He looked at me with a frown on his forehead. “Don’t be stubborn, Pikachu.”

                   Pikachu...

                      “No. I need to find Bom first.”

                      “Just call her and told her that you went home.”

                       “She left her phone to me. How about Top?”

                     “I tried to call him when you turn your back at me but I was answered by a busy tone.”

                     “There. The more reason I need to search for her.” I pulled back my hand from him and started to walk away from him again.

                      I heard him cursed. The next thing I knew, he followed me and now, is walking beside me. “You’re such a stubborn lady, Pikachu...”

                      My eyes are focused on the way ahead. I bit my lips to stop myself from smiling. The bitterness I felt for him because of my scholarship burst like a bubble. It’s gone with the wind. I realized that it’s not right to blame him. It’s my decision to meet with him that day, after all.

 

#    #   #

 

                 "Sajangnim." Jung Ilwoo bowed to the person overlooking the city.

                "I know." the Mafia Leader uttered.

                "Some of our members are brutally killed in their respective hideouts. Our unit are already searching for the one responsible for this."

               "Let me know if you found any lead. This is something that I cannot forgive." His voice laced with vengeance and danger.

               "Sajangnim..." Ilwoo stepped forward while the Mafia Leader faced him waiting for what he's going to say. "I have a strong feeling that the culprit is someone from the organization."

              The older guy furrowed his eyebrows. "That's a blatant accusation, Ilwoo. Be careful with your words."

               "This is not something that came out of nowhere, Sajangnim. I've checked the crime scene and I noticed that no force entrance was made. The doors and the windows are fully intact."

                "So you're saying that they know the culprit personally?"

                "Exactly my point. Our members are well-trained and inviting an unknown person in their supposed hideout is a suicide. If they know him or them, our members will not think twice to give the perpetrator a permission to step in their hideouts."

               The Mafia Leader clenched his teeth upon realizing that what Ilwoo said is possible. He felt more infuriated than he is now. "Find the traitors and bring them to me. They'll suffer a great death."

                “Yes, Sajangnim.”

 

#    #      #

THERE YOU GO!

ANOTHER CHAPTER FOR Y’ALL!

I updated now because I will not be able to

update until weekends because of my busy schedule for this week and the following week.

 

SOOO HOPEFULLY YOU ALL LIKE IT!

COMMEN ON THE COMMENT BOX!

AND LET’S SPAZZ AND SOLVE THE MYSTERY TOGETHER! KKKK~

LOVE Y’ALL!

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

BY THE WAY, I'M GOING TO SET THIS STORY INTO 

SUBSCRIBERS ONLY! :)

 

Twitter:

@superrookie_aff