Chapter 23: Dara and Jiyong Part 2

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader

Dara’s POV

                 We’ve just finished riding a roller coaster. I guess Top couldn’t handle it and puked like a drunken man in the corner with Minzy nursing him. He said it was the first time he’s going to ride it, I thought he was just joking but apparently he was telling the truth.

                 “I guess he’s just all about the height and good looks.” It was Chanyeol who is beside me waiting for Top to be well.  

                 “Huh? Ah.. Yeah.. I guess…” I answered though my eyes are somewhere else. Searching….

                 “Noona… “

                 “Hmm…” I didn’t even glance at him.

                  “It seems like you are really looking for someone… I’ve been observing you this whole time and I noticed that you are not being attentive…”

                     I swiftly shifted my head to Chanyeol with a strained smile on my face. “N-no… I’m not.”

                   Alright. I admit. I’ve been looking around, ‘still’ trying to spot that particular person. I can’t understand myself though. I know it doesn’t have anything to do with me if they are actually dating but there’s just something inside me like… like I’m bothered. Something urged me to follow them. Something just made me uneasy knowing that he’s with some girl. Something…. something gripped my heart when I saw them. It’s like I want to see them but I really don’t want to see them. You get me? Ugh… This is very frustrating.

                “…noona.”

               “Huh?”

                “Look. You’re spacing out… Your mind is really occupied with something else…” Again, it was Chanyeol cutting me off with my reverie. “Is this because of what I’ve said last night---

              “No. It’s not about that… please don’t overthink…” Since we are here in the theme park trying to enjoy the day, I think it is not the right time we talk about it.

               “You’ve throw up a LOT, oppa!” It was Minzy with Top who I think has been through a lot. Perfect timing.

                I smiled at Chanyeol before turning to Minzy and Top. “Are you alright, Top?”

               “I’m fine. I’m not going to ride that thing again. I swear.” He said while wiping the side of his lips while his left hand is raised up as if taking an oath.

               I laughed at his misery and gave him a tap in the back. “It’s not the only ride we are going to ride, trust me! I guess you’ve been missing out a lot of things.”

                  “What?”

                 I just smiled at him mischievously.

                “Oh hello, Eomma!” It was Minzy talking to the phone and just like what I’ve heard; it looks like it’s her mother. We listened as she speaks and it looks like it is not a good news.

               “Ahh..guys…” she said after ending the call and with a lopsided smile on her face.

               I think it’s time to go home… That’s better.

#     #      #

               I am now wearing a pathetic bunny toy mask, covering half of my face. Yeah. We are still here at the theme park minus Minzy. She was summoned by her mother because of some important visitor in their house. She said it was a surprise visit by her grandparents. I told her that I’m coming with her but she insisted that I stay since Chanyeol really wanted this getaway. Of course she won over me. She’s really great when attacking my conscience.

                So why am I wearing a mask? It was Top’s idea saying that he wants to experience it, too. He can actually just wear one ALONE but he threatened us that he’s going to wail like a pig and roll like a kid in the middle of the park if we won’t wear one, too. I thought he isn’t serious about it but when I ignored his request and tried to walk away, he started sitting on the ground and right there and then, I was convinced that he was in fact serious. He is such a kid; I’m going to have a headache.

               “Noona! Kiiroitori stuff toy!”

              When I heard the word ‘Kiiroitori’, my head instantly whipped at the direction where Chanyeol pointed. My eyes widen when I saw the big ‘Kiiroitori’ stuff toy. Kiiroitori is my kryptonite. I love this character so much that I bought underwear where it is printed. Don’t get me wrong, everyone has their own addiction and this is the one for me.

              “I have to get that!” I announced like a warrior ready for a battle. “..or not.” But when I realized what game it is, my confidence dropped to zero. It was a shooting game and I am really poor at playing this kind of game. My shoulder slumped in defeat.

             “I’ll get it for you, Noona..” My smile broadens up as Chanyeol said that. OMG!!! My Kiiroitori!!!

            “Ah.. wait…” It was Top trying to say something but it fall into deaf ears because I’m too excited to get that stuff toy.

            “You have to hit the five targets to get our special prize which is that big Kiiroitori stuff toy.” My eyes are twinkling as the game master explained what the mechanics of the games are. “You have five shots for each round. The hardest part would be the moving target. Enjoy the game!”

            “Two rounds, please.” Chanyeol paid for two games and as he was readying for his turn, I cheered for him like a crazy sasaeng fan.

            “GO CHANYEOL-AHHH!” His first shot to hit the target failed. “It’s ok! It’s ok! You have 9 more shots! FIGHTING!!!”

             Some people passing by the booth are looking at us already but with a smile on their face, maybe they find it cute.

            “AHHHHHH!! GOOD JOB, CHANYEOL-AHH!” I shrieked in excitement as Chanyeol hits his first target.

              I sensed someone materialized beside me.

              “One round…”

             I paused from my crazy cheering and slowly shifted my head to the person who owned that voice. Not everyone can make me aware of their existence instantly, but he was an exception.

            I was staring at Jiyong but he wasn’t looking at me. I was about to greet him when a beautiful woman beat me to it.

             “I want to get that big stuff toy…” she said while pointing at MY Kiiroitori. Yes, I’m claiming it already. I saw it first, so it’s mine.

              “Alright.” Jiyong said without any hesitation. He and the girl walked on their spot and Jiyong didn’t even give me a glance. AM I INVISIBLE??? I touched my face and realized that I’m wearing a mask. He probably won’t recognize me with this. I think this is better though.

             “Goodluck!” The girl said in a very s3xy voice. “Hit the target for me.” Why do I feel irritated hearing her voice? And look at that dress she is wearing… Is that even allowed here at the theme park? Her b0obs are almost peeking out. She’s not in the club for pete’s sake.

             “Noona! I hit four targets already!” Chanyeol excitedly said and I instantly gave him a smile though my ears are somewhere else, listening to the two person just a few distance away from us.

              “GOOD JOB, CHANYEOL-AH! YOU’RE GOING TO GET THAT KIIROITORI~ FOR ME, RIGHT?” I purposely raised the volume of my voice and emphasized the word ‘kiiroitori’ for that woman to hear. They’re not going to get it. “LET’S GET IT FIRST BEFORE SOMEBODY SNATCHED IT AWAY FROM US! I BELIEVE IN YOU, CHANYEOL-AH!”

                Chanyeol seems to gain confidence and gave a salute before going back to his shooting stance.

             I am praying inside my head that Chanyeol will not miss the moving target though my ears are still glued to the two people just beside us. Why isn’t he still shooting? Oh, rightttt~ He’s a billionaire. He probably hasn’t experienced playing in this kind of place. I guess we have the upperhand.*evil laugh*

             But then I heard 5 consecutive shots coming from their side and a round of applause after.

           “Piece of cake.”

                “You did it!”

               I shifted my head at their direction and it seems like Jiyong hit ALL the targets. The people who are watching them even gave them applause.

               “Sorry, guys! But that couple hit all five targets first.” The game master, holding the kiiroitori stuff toy, told us with an apologetic face before walking at Jiyong’s side and gives the toy to that not-so-conservative girl.

                 “That couple????”

                 The girl jumped in glee while hugging MY SUPPOSED to be stuff toy. That was mine! I looked at Jiyong and he was smirking like he is sooo proud of what he did. Maybe he really wanted to get that for her.

               I looked away with a defeated face.

                “Sorry, Noona… They got it first.” Chayeol apologized.

               I tapped his shoulder and gave him a smile. “It’s fine. We can come back here and get another kiiroitori one of these days. You did well!” We high fived and then just laugh it out.

             “Isn’t that the guy who ruined my song for you last ni----“

            “Off we go, Chanyeol-ah!” I grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the booth before he can finish his sentence. “Where’s that big guy?” I asked pertaining to Top. Won’t he say ‘hi’ to his friend who is having the time of his life getting praises from her oh-so-s3xy date?

              “But Noona… isn’t he—“

              “Oh~ there you are! Where have you been? And what’s with the popcorn?” I purposely ignored Chanyeol when I saw Top who is eating a bucket of popcorn.

                “Ah this? I bought one because I enjoyed watching you guys. You did a great job back there.” He said while munching his popcorn.

                 “Oh, you mean Chanyeol?”

               “No. I’m pertaining to you. He looked verrryyy distracted I must say.”

                “What?” I asked not getting what he meant by that.

               He heaved an exasperated sigh before munching again on his popcorn. “You guys are so dense.” Then he turned to Chanyeol and placed his arm around the younger’s shoulder. “Let’s go kid! Let’s play some more!”

              “Get your arm off me!” Chanyeol protested but it seems like Top didn’t hear anything and continued dragging Chanyeol with him.

                What does this big guy mean? Who is he pertaining to be very distracted???

                I glanced at Jiyong and the girl again. They’re still playing that game and it seems like they’re going to wipe out all the prizes in that booth.

               My heart stings a bit with that sight.

             “How sweet.” I muttered before turning away and followed the two guys.

#    #    #

Jiyong’s POV

               “Thank you, GD-ssi!” Yura said while hugging all the stuff toys I won for hitting all the targets in this game booth.

                This actually looks pathetic. Never in my entire life would I imagine myself playing this tremendous carnival game. This is for kids only. Yura persistently asked me to play the game for her but I refused. It’s a no-no. And seeing that tiny woman and that punk playing the game, it convinced me even more to NOT play the game. I searched for Top but he is nowhere to be found. I already informed him not to bring Pikachu in this part because we might bump on each other. I need to talk to him after this. He will surely get a beating from me.

              So you’re asking why I played it in the end. I don’t know. I just didn’t like what I heard and see. Those people watching Pikachu cheered for that kid with big smiles on their faces irritated me. What infuriated even more was I heard someone pointed that they were a ‘cute couple’. Who the fxxk in their right mind would think that they were a couple? Hell, no! They don’t look like one. Even an inch. That’s why I decided to play the game and show them how it is done. I also want to end the misery of the kid. He’s trying very hard to hit those EASY-PEASY targets.

              He was not worthy to be cheered on like that tiny girl did. Tss…

              It is too obvious that I’m miles better than him.

              “Let’s try another game, GD-ssi.”

             I ignored her and walked ahead of her. I’m in a bad mood. I won over them but after seeing Pikachu’s defeated face doesn’t rest well with me. Moreover, that punk made her smile that easily.

               “GD-ssi! Can you help me with these? These are too many..” Yura called out on me as she was having a hard time bringing all those stuff toys. She wanted it and she doesn’t have the right to complain.

             I looked at the tiny prize I kept from all the prizes I’ve got from the booth. It reminds me of her. I shoved it in my pocket as I continued ignoring Yura from her misery.

 

#     #     #

Dara’s POV

                 HORROR BOOTH!!!!

                 I am not going to enter that place! NEVER! I’m telling you. Even if you pointed a gun in my head, I will NEVER enter that battlefield. Just NO!

                “It’s such a pity if we don’t try this one. They said that this is the biggest and most terrifying horror booth in whole South Korea and you’re just going to waste the chance to experience it?” Top said creeping out on my mind.

               But my ears are closed with all those persuasions.

               “Ah~” Chanyeol sighed in disappointment. “They said it is a new attraction here and I really do want to try it, too… “ Chanyeol looked at me with a saddened face.

                “If you want to try it, then the both of you can go! I’ll just wait for you outside. Go!” I pushed them but they resisted. “GOOOO!”

                “Are you sure?” Top asked.

                 “YES!! Just go!”

                 “But noona-“

                 “Not you, too, Chanyeol-ah!” I reprimanded him.

                “Fine. Stay here, ok? Don’t get lost.” Chanyeol finally agreed and though Top doesn’t seem to approve the idea, he finally agreed on leaving me behind.

               “They said it will take 10-20 minutes to finish it. It depends on the door you’ll choose in the starting point. Since we are going to go one by one, both of us will have 50-50 chance to get out by 10 minutes. That’s not that long so I’m telling you, stay here as much as possible.” Top said in addition.

                I nodded my head with a smile on my face. “Aye Aye, Sir! Bon Voyage!” I even gave them a salute.

               And they started lining up for their turn until they finally entered the booth consecutively. I’m hoping they’ll finish the game as fast as they can.

                “Let’s go try this, too!”

                I whipped my head where that familiar ‘irritating voice’ came from. What the!!! Are they following us??? It was Jiyong and that indecent girl heading to the horror booth. Jiyong is wearing his infamous ‘impassive face’ while that girl is pulling him.

              “So they’re going to try that horror booth! And what are they going to do in their? It will be dark out there and that girl will definitely act like she is sooo scared and take the chance to hug and rub her big bo0bs to Jiyong! Of course, that Mr. P3rvy will like it.” My face scrunches with my ridiculous idea.

               When I saw the girl first entered the booth with an obvious fear on her face, my eyes widen. After a few minutes, Jiyong followed inside and was gone out of my sight. I panicked.

               “NO! I won’t let them do those dirty thoughts I’m thinking inside that horror booth!”

               With long strides, I approached the person-in-charge for the booth and grabbed his collar. “Get me inside the booth! NOW!”

               He looked scared and startled after my sudden appearance. “B-but y-you have to line u-up first—“

                 “I SAID GET ME INSIDE THE BOOTH!!!” I shouted on his face. I’ve never been this harsh to a stranger but I just can’t stop the adrenaline rush I’m feeling right now.

                 The guy doesn’t have a choice but to open the door and let me in.

                 When I entered, two doors welcomed me. So this is what Chanyeol and Top was talking about. I have to choose between these two doors. The one will lead me the shortest way out while the other one will be the longest. I’m pretty sure that jiyong and that girl entered the same door. They probably talked about it before entering. So which one is which? I swallowed my own saliva.

                “You’re insane Sandara Park…very insane.” I talked to myself before entering one of the doors. The door shuts behind me and I was greeted by dim lights and a blinking bulb. This is definitely a horror booth. And I’m creeping out. Eottoke???

                I saw a green arrow telling me to go straight and so I did as I hug myself. It was like a narrow corridor with lots of spider webs and blinking bulbs. My eyes are shifting from different places as I’m readying myself to any kind of scary tricks that might come out anytime soon.

               *Crackkkkk~

               I halted on my step as I heard a sound like a cracking bone. I slowly look down and found that I stepped on a… ON A FREAKING HUMAN SKULL!!!!

              “WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!” I shrieked in horror as I run in outburst.

               Scary stuffs materialized one after another and I am so scared as I continued running like a madman. I entered every door I see as if I’m just running on circles. EOTTOKE? EOTTOKE? I’m regretting following my crazy ideas. I feel like crying now! Someone help me!

              “EOMMMAA!” I shouted as another skull occurred in front of my face. I turned around ready go back when I bumped into a sturdy but very manly scent figure. I lost my balance and was about to fall backwards when a strong arm $ in my waist saving me.

                I held my breath as I was startled from all this sudden events. My heart still beating in a fast pace.

                “So it was really you...”

                I blinked for a few times before registering into my mind who this person is.

                “J-jiyong?”

                “I’m here.”

 

 

 

 

#    #     #

Author’s note:

There you go!

A post Valentine update! Kkkk~

Happy Valentines everyone!

I hope you felt giddy *even a bit*

Hello to my Indonesian readers! Also those from America and Singapore!

 From those in the Philippines! Thank you for taking the time

to read my story though I still have a long way to go in writing

fictional stories..kkk

I hope I’ll hear from the others where they live! *puppy eyes*

I appreciate every comment you guys leave in the comment box!

Thank you!

PLEASE UPVOTE,TOO! *wink wink*

 

‘til the next update!

 

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:

@superrookie_aff