Chapter 10: Transformation

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader

 

Bom's POV

                  Sometimes I really want to whack Dara's head. She's just so naive and innocent that sometimes it's killing me. Just look at her! It's like it's the first time she step foot on a beauty salon.

                   "Bom-ah, we can just go at the ahjumma living next door.... She used to cut my hair-- "

                   I put my index finger at her lips to cut off her ridiculous idea. That ahjumma she's talking about, she's just t Dara's hair by an inch and it doesn't really change Dara's looks even a bit.

                   "Dara-yah, let me handle this,ok? We've talked about this right?" 

                  She removed my finger against her lips. "I can't remember agreeing in ANY of your ideas..."

                   "I don't care... Let's just do this MY WAY!"

                    "Your way? You won't make me look like a corn, would you?" she asked with a worried face.

                    I grabbed her right arm... "No... I'll make you look like a goddess." I pronounced confidently and full of determination. "So let's go and get this started!" then I dragged her to the first step of her transformation.

                    

#    #     #

TOP's POV

                    We are now here at our turf. Daesung and Seungri playing PS3, Youngbae on his computer (I swear, he can marry his computers then they can live happily ever after..tss) and me cleaning my favorite sniper rifle while glancing at our boss sitting on the couch while drinking a can of beer and  who has been looking at his wrist watch for a hundredth time now. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Something is running on his mind for sure. And I am guessing that Sandara Park is involved.

                      “Boss, we ain’t coming at the party of Sandara’s friend?” I asked adding up to the torture that he is going through.

                     “Why would we?” he spoken acting apathetic on my question.

                     “Don’t you want to see her wearing that dress?” I teased.

                       He looked at me with his dead pan eyes. As if I’m going to get scared with that. I want to laugh! This is fun!

                      “Shut it, hyung.” He looked elsewhere while sipping on his beer. “I don’t give a fxck with that dress and moreover if that Pikachu wears it.”

                    I arched my eyebrows and nodded. Seriously, I’m enjoying seeing him trying to convince himself. I don’t know but since I saw that look he’s giving to Sandara, I am pretty sure that there’s something going on. I don’t believe in love or in that ‘forever’ that they’re talking about. We’re part of a Mafia and I can say that we are good as dead... Safety is very far from being ideal with our job. BUT seeing my Boss and Sandara, I can’t help but have a little hope... a little hope that someday, what I believe in or those that I don’t will change.

                      .

                      .

                      .

                      Damn. I’m so good with words. *clap*clap*clap* Sometimes I wonder if I am related to Shakespeare.

                     I shake my head. “Then I guess that Donghae dude along with the other guys are the only ones to have the privilege to see her wearing that dress... “

                    He didn’t respond but I noticed the way he is holding that can. Anytime soon, that ‘can’ will get crumpled. But I’m not done yet...I am just getting started. *evil smirk*

                     “Can I ask you something?”

                      “No.” he responded coldly.

                     He said ‘no’ but I don’t take ‘no’ for an answer because I’m stubborn and ‘COOL’ like that. “To be the next Mafia leader, you have to marry the successor, who is basically Sandara Park. My question is, after marrying her and living your life as the Mafia leader, what would become to the two of you? What would become of  Sandara? I mean... she has been living a normal life and ‘you’ entering her life will greatly affect that ‘normal life’ she is having now. “

                     He looked at me. “I... I don’t know. That’s her fate.” He switched his gaze at the YG insignia painted on the wall. “This is my fate.” He muttered under his breath but enough for me to hear.

                      I heaved a deep sigh. Let me give you a brief explanation about the importance of the successor. Our mafia organization was formed because of two friends who grew up together with nothing to depend on but themselves. Innocence was taken away from them in a very young age. Violence. Betrayal. Injustice. They experienced all of those together. They believe that, survival is impossible if you are weak. They started to get strong... stronger and stronger. They started to gain respect on the underground society until they got a lot of followers who have the same beliefs as them. The organization became bigger and bigger... nationally... then internationally. But the other one fall in love... while the other one stayed focus on the organization. Until one day, the one who learned how to love decided to leave the organization. He said that there’s still hope for them to change... all they need is ‘love’. The other felt betrayed but he can’t do anything. They we’re the best of friends and he hope nothing but happiness to the only person he treated as his real brother. Before they part ways, they made one last truce. Agreed by both parties, the 21st generation of his descendant should become a part of the organization again. It should be a girl who will marry the next Mafia leader on their right ages. If it happens that the 21st descendant is not a girl, then the 22nd generation of the descendant will take place and so on. This way, their bond will never disappear. The truce was sealed along with a ring in a cylindrical container which is passed on to his generation. The descendant doesn’t have the right to refuse the given responsibility to her, if she does, then all of the people related to her by blood, will be wiped out on the history of mankind.

                        Ok. It’s really a long story but that’s mostly how things get started. And just like how fate dictates, the 21st generation of the descendant which we called as the ‘successor’ now turns out to be the girl called Sandara Park.

                         “Do you care about her?” I asked seriously.

                          Silence.

                        Then he let out an exasperated sigh. “Caring is an act of weakness. So the answer is ‘no’ “.

                         He is making a tough expression but I can see through his façade. Maybe I’m wrong but maybe I’m also right.

                        “Nah, Ji... maybe you alreay found your weakness.”

                       I’ll stop for now. I’ve gathered enough information for today. I don’t want to pressure Jiyong. Maybe someday, he’ll realize it himself.

 

                        Just when I thought that everything is going to change....   

 

                      “ ‘ey GD, look at this...” Youngbae voiced out while doing something on his computer. It seems that he found something interesting.

                       The binds rises up showing a ceiling-to-floor LED monitor which looks like a glass window. This caught the other two’s attention and they immediately stopped playing on the PS3. What could it be?

                       The monitor started playing a video which looks like it came from a CCTV footage. I recognized the girl as Sandara Park wearing a sales lady uniform outside a small store.

                     “Someone sent this to me and I can’t trace his/her IP address.” Youngbae uttered a bit annoyed. I was surprised. Never did Youngbae failed when it comes to computer and the likes. I think this is really something big.

                     “Watch carefully... I think we made a mistake.” He added.

                      As the video continued playing, a woman suddenly dropped on her knees and automatically, Sandara helped her.

                     Then BAAMMM!

                     Jiyong stood up shocked on what was shown on the video..well, everyone are shocked.

                    Youngbae paused the video on a certain frame and zoomed it. “That thing that the woman gave Sandara is... the cylinder.”

                      WHAT THE FXCK?!? Does it mean that Sandara is not the successor? I was just thinking aout her and Jiyong a while ago and now this??? Sh!t! I can’t believe we found the wrong person.

                      “So... Sandara is not the successor that we are looking for...” Seungri stated breaking the silence.

                    Youngbae stood up rubbing his nape. “That’s right. But I’m more bothered by the person who sent the video. He or she knows that we already have the cylinder... Something is not right.”

                    That’s true. Why would that person sent this video to us? What is he or she up to? To provoke us? To help us? To warn us? But one thing is for sure... that person knows us and that is more intriguing.

                   I looked at Jiyong and he’s still staring at the monitor. I’m sure he is also shocked of these sudden revelations especially since the girl lied to him. I’m expecting him to be furious and confused but he’s so calm that I’m starting to get...

                 Scared.

                 “What do we do, Boss?” the question that I’ve been meaning to ask, voiced out by Daesung.

                 Jiyong just stand there stonily for a moment while still staring at the monitor. He turned to us with his emotionless face then he started barking orders. “Youngbae, continue searching for the perpetrator who sent this video. Daesung and Seungri, start finding that woman who gave Sandara the container. Be careful. It’s possible that the one who sent this video already have the woman on his or her custody and Top-hyung... “ I looked at him and nodded. I know what’s running on his mind now. “...prepare your suit; we’ll be attending a party.”

 

#    #    #

Dara’s POV

                   We are now on Bom’s car heading our way at CL’s house. And her I am feeling anxious. I have a make up on. My hair dyed in highlights. I have cool accessories on and most of all, I AM WEARING A FREAKING HIGH-HEELED SHOES. I feel like dying. In my whole existence, I have never tried wearing shoes with heels. It’s like, one wrong step and you’ll see heaven or hell.

                  I looked at Bom who is sitting next to me at the back seat. Her eyes are sparkling and it means she is really really really (really) excited. She’s been like that since I walked out on the dressing room of the beauty salon we went to.

                 “Bom-ah, stop smiling like a freak... you’re creeping me out.”

                 She just looked at me with her twinkling eyes. Then suddenly, she shrieked like there’s no tomorrow. Luckily, the driver doesn’t lose the wheel, if he did, then we’re dead. What the hell is wrong with this alien?

                     “Ouch! What’s wrong with you???” I asked annoyed while nursing my ears.

                      “Kyaaaahhh! You’re so beautiful Dara-yah!” she exclaimed while holding me both in my shoulders. “Didn’t you see yourself in the mirror? You look so GORGEOUS I tell you.”

                     "I didn't get the chance to see myself in the mirror since I'm busy fighting my own battles with these shoes."

                     She clasped her hands together. "That’s better... Wait until all the guys in the party saw you and you’ll know why I’m being this... this HYPER AND EXCITED!”

                      I rolled my eyes at her. Ugh. They’ll make fun of me for sure. “Can I just go home?”

                      As soon as I asked her that question, her mood instantly changes. Her eyes turned into tiny slits and her smile fades away. “Stop thinking about going home, Dara-yah. You don’t want to see me mad, do you?” she smiled wickedly. I cringed.

                      “Alright. Alright. Let’s get this done and over with.”

                       Her mood changes again. She clapped merrily then hugged me tightly. “Bom-ah, I...I c-can’t breathe.”

                      But it fallen into deaf ears for she is engrossed for hugging me while wiggling from left to right. “I’m proud to be your friend, Dara-yah. Me and CL will do anything for you.” she said with sincerity.

                     I was surprised to hear that but at the same, I felt happy and touched. A smile formed in my lips and I hugged her back. Although our economic statuses can be compared to heaven and earth, I can’t deny the bond that we have. Except for my family, CL and Bom are the only people I deeply trust. I can’t remember the time when the friendship begins, but one thing is for sure, I love them more than anything else. “I’m more proud to be your friend.”

 

#    #    #

                    We arrived at CL’s house and I already notice the glamorous and famous people in the fashion world arriving one by one. Gaahhhhh~ I think I can’t do this.

                    “You didn’t tell me there are famous people here...” I told Bom feeling betrayed.

                    “What? Of course there will be famous people here... it’s something that you should expect. Come on! Let’s get out in this car and let the whole world know that a lady named Sandara Park exists.”

                     Before I can say anything, she almost dragged me outside the car. I almost tripped when I step foot on the ground. These shoes are killing me. Poor little toes. T__T  I fixed my dress because I felt like it’s hiking up. I wonder how it looks on me though... now I regretted not taking a look at myself in the mirror.

                    “Let’s go?” Bom asked with a smile on her beautiful face. She offered me her arms and I smiled at her before clinging into her (I really need her support though).

                      I tried my hardest not to trip while walking (Trust me! It’s like walking for the first time in my life.) Bom, being famous, was greeted by lots of known people along the way BUUUT what surprises me is that they are also greeting me...as in ME! Why? Is it because I’m with Bom? But... some are also greeting me without greeting Bom. What is this sorcery? Could it be possible that I’m wearing Cinderella’s glass shoes tonight????? *insert magical sound effect here*

                   .

                  .

                .

                  NO! I am not wearing a glass shoes! It’s actually beautiful but at the same time it’s a punishment. Although I’m still confused and curious on why they are acting so nicely and looking at me warmly, my focus is actually centered on how-not-to-trip-and-try-not-to-embarrass-myself.

                  “Dara-yah, look at all these guys, they’re looking at you!”

                  “Huh? Looking at whom?”

                   “Hey... Soohyuk is coming this way, Dara-yah! Gahhh~ he’s looking at you!”

                  “Soohyuk? Who is he?”

                 Ugh. Bom is spouting things I can’t comprehend. Who’s looking at whom? My mind is thinking of a hundred ways on how to dispose these shoes but Bom here saying things that only she could understand is not helping.

                       I sensed someone approaching and stopping in front of us. I slowly shifted my gaze up and HOLY COWWW! ‘HE’ is sooo tall and very handsome! He looks like a model that came out from a fashion magazine. I just realized that I’m staring at him when he winks at me. I immediately turn away and cleared my throat.

                     “Hey, Soohyuk! Looking great.”

                    “Looking great yourself, Park Bom.” They exchanged kisses in the cheeks like the socialites that they are. “Would you mind introducing me to your beautiful friend here?” he smiled at me. Is it me he’s pertaining to? But he said ‘beautiful’. I looked at my back but I didn’t see anyone standing behind me.

                     “I’m pertaining to you Ms.....?”

                      “Sandara... her name is Dara.” Bom voiced out.

                       “Beautiful name. Just like it’s owner.” He grabbed my hand and kisses the top of it. “I’m Soohyuk.”

                       “Eh?” I asked confused but he seemed amused on how I reacted.

                       He chuckled. “You’re cute.” He let go of my hands. “I wish I could talk to you longer but I’ve got some company...so I’ll see you later, I guess.”

                      “Yeah..sure...  we’re looking for CL anyways.” Bom answered.

                      “Alright... Goodbye for now...”he shifted his gaze at me. “...Dara.” then he winked again before finally going back to his friends.

                       What’s with him? Such a flirt.

                      “O.M.G! Dara-yah! The hottest model in the country just flirted at you.” Bom spazzed silently.

                       “Tss... Aren’t all the models like that? I bet he’ll still flirt with anyone as long as he sees them wearing a skirt.”

                         “What are you talking about? Aren’t you flattered that a hot guy approached you? Haven’t you noticed all these guys looking at you since we step foot on this house?” Bom asked disbelievingly.

                          “They’re not looking at me.. they’re looking at you. Aisshhh... stop with these non-sense, I need to go to the comfort room... you better come with me.” I want to go to the comfort room to nurse my aching feet. I swear...this will be the first and the last time I’m going to wear high-heels.

                         Bom pulled her arms. “No. I’ll go looking for CL... you get there yourself.”

                        “What? But--- yah! Park Bom!!!” I called out to my oh-so-good bestfriend but she pretended not to hear anything. She walked out on me until I lose sight of her.

                          And now I’m all alone. (I’m gonna murder you, Park Bom!! <___<) I look around and all I can see are unfamiliar faces. Guess I have to deal with this on my own. I look down on my feet before shifting my gaze up on the way to the comfort room. I exhaled audibly before giving myself a silent cheer. Fighting!

                       I slowly started walking. So far so good. Unfamiliar people are greeting me one by one and of course, growing up with manners, although I really don’t know them, I greeted them back.

                       Almost there.

                      Ten more steps.

                        Slowly. Carefully.

                     Don’t trip. Don’t trip. Don’t---

                     WHOA! Someone accidentally bumped on me and I started to lose my balance. I’m gonna fall face forward! I tightly closed my eyes and waited for the impact of the floor and my face meeting.

                       But a strong hand suddenly grabbed me by my waist and another hand that gently hold and lean my head on a manly chest.

                         “Be careful, Dara. “

                        That warm voice...

                        Donghae.  

                       “I got her. Back off.”

                       I instantly opened my eyes after recognizing that cold voice.

                       Jiyong.

 

 

#    #    #

 

 

Author’s note:

There.

T__T This story  is giving me eyebags. e___e

BUT IT’S ALL WORTH IT FOR I AM SOMEWHAT MAKING YOU HAPPY!^___^

If you’re happy, then I am happier.

To my lovely readers and subscribers! Thank you soooo much! *kisses*

I’ll continue supporting Daragon despite of all those scandals.

They’re my one and only hero and heroine. ^___^

ANYWAYS!

Let me hear your opinions!

I’m liking the way you reacted about Donghae being suspicious..kkkkK~

(Confession: LEE DONGHAE is my first ever bias in the Kpop world... he still is! ^__^ so I’m not giving him to Dara! Kkkk~)

Please don’t forget to upvote! Thanks!

Twitter:

@superrookie_aff