Chapter 12: Dara's Apartment 1

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader

 

Dara's POV

                "How...how did you know I've got a stage fright?"

              He shifted his gaze at me with his blank face. “Donghae~ssi... I surely didn’t mention anything about it to you... “ I said frowning.

               He closed the book he’s holding then exhaled audibly. “I guess it’s time for you to know..”

              “T-to know what?”

              “I’m sorry I have to hide this from you...” he said with his apologetic expression.

               My heart started to race. This is making me nervous. “W-what is it?”

               He looked straight to my eyes and I waited for his response. “I’m... “ he paused for a while... “I’m your... “

             “My what? P-please don’t go running on circles.” I said getting a little impatient.   

              He looked down. “I’m your long lost brother.” He said in a hushed tone but enough for me to hear.

              I was dumbfounded. I think something caught my tongue. Is this really happening? A long lost brother? As far as I know, I’m the only child of my parents. This is ridiculous.

             “L-long lost b-brother? H-how...? I-impossible.“ I covered my mouth unable to hide the overwhelming shock I’m feeling right now. 

               It is impossible.

                But... he knows things about me that I have never mentioned to anyone.

                Is it possible?

                My tears are starting to form in my eyes. This sudden news is taking a toll on me. “P-please t-tell me your j-just k-kidding...”

                 Donghae keeps on looking down. He’s not answering any of my questions.

                 “Donghae~ssi...”

                 “It’s not Donghae~ssi anymore.... You should start calling me Donghae~oppa.”

                 “D-Donghae~oppa?”

                 He didn’t answer me again. Instead, I noticed that he covered his m0uth. His shoulders started to move uncontrollably as if he’s dying from laughing. And truth to that, I can hear the guy’s stifled laughs.

               Now, I’m confused.

               “W-why are you laughing?”

               Donghae can’t control his laugh anymore. “Hahahahahaha... I-I’m sorry... I just can’t take it anymore...” he said in between laughs.

               I frowned. “W-what are you t-talking about?” OK. This is not funny.

               “Wow... You actually fell for that?... hahahahaha... It’s a prank! I guess I’m really good in acting... hahahaha... you should have seen---hey!”

                 Getting pissed off of what he did, I started to pack my things ready to leave him. It’s not funny. I can’t believe Donghae will do this to me. Of all the people... Damn it.

                  “Dara... I’m sorry... I t-thought you’ll take it lightly.”

                  “It’s not funny Donghae~ssi... Playing on someone else’s feelings is NOT funny.” I firmly said not looking at him. I stood up but he grabbed my arm so I turned my gaze at him to tell him to let me go but...

                 “I did that just because I wanted to hear you call me... Donghae~oppa. I’m sorry I had to come up with that childish idea.” He said then sighed audibly. He let go of my arm then he looked down again. “Yeah. OK. You can stay mad at me as long as you want. The real reason I know you’ve got a stage fright is because I just noticed it. I don’t know... Maybe I just got this talent which I can read a person’s body language.” He scratched his head then cursed under his breath. “I’m sorry... I can be stupid sometimes.”

                   He did that because he wanted to hear me call him oppa? I blinked for a few times. All this while, I’m calling him Donghae~ssi. Maybe he just wanted to be close to me yet I overreacted. Something gripped my heart after seeing him like that.

                 I sat down beside him doing an Indian sit. I poked his shoulder then he glanced at me. I smiled at him. “I think “Donghae-yah” is better.”

                He blinked for a few times before his lips broke into a smile. “Deal.”

 

#   #   #

Jiyong’s POV

                  

                  “Damn it!” Seungri kicked the back wheels of his car. “He or She led us to the wrong person again.”

                  “I’m sorry, guys..” Youngbae said while rubbing his nape. “This is my fault...”

                  “Stop it. It’s no one’s fault. We’ll just keep on searching again.” I voiced out.

                  “But Ji... this is the 4th time already.” Top hyung uttered.

                   “I know.”

                   It’s been four days since we received the video but up until now, we haven’t found the person behind it. Youngbae spent sleepless night decoding its IP address but unfortunately it will always lead us to the wrong person or place. Just like now, we are here in an abandoned lot. There’s nothing in here. This is the first time I’ve seen Youngbae having a hard time.

                 And as for the real successor, Daesung and Seungri already got some information. Her name is Choi Jinah. She leaves in an orphanage since her parents abandoned her. But according to the orphanage, she hasn’t come back since the day she left. It was the day when she handed the cylinder to Sandara Park.

               Sandara Park...

                 I brushed my hair with my hand. I don’t have time to think about her. She’s irrelevant now. I have nothing to do with her.

                Going back to the current situation. “You guys go back to the turf... I just need to get some booze.” I ordered.

                “I’m coming with you, Boss.” Top hyung said.

                 “Alright.. the three of us will go back.” Youngbae suggested. “I need the help of this two.” He said pertaining to Seungri and Daesung.

                 The three left so it was just me and Top hyung. “Why don’t you just go with them, hyung? I can handle this... I just need to get some drinks.” I asked having a bad feeling about this huge guy. I think he’s up to something.

                 “Nah... I don’t think you’ll JUST go for a drink? A detour perhaps?” he said with an annoying smile on his lips.

                  “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

                   I get on the car ignoring his non-sensible ideas. He followed suit and get on the passenger seat.

                  “I’ve caught you once—no--- TWICE!” he exclaimed mischievously.

                  I started the ignition acting uninterested on what this annoying giant is saying. “You better stop talking sh!t hyung.”

                But my threat fall into deaf ears. “Looking from afar... hiding in the shadows... following her until she gets home---“

                “SHUT.THE.FXCK.UP.” This guy will be the death of me.  He’s outstandingly annoying. I don’t know why I still keep him. I can actually kill him right here, right now. 

                “OK. I’ll shut up. I get the message.” He said while chuckling.

                I didn’t say anything. I stepped on the acceleration and we started to drive off.

                Just when I thought that we’ll going to have a peaceful ride, I am dead wrong. I forgot that I’m with Choi Seunghyun. He’ll never run out of ridiculous ideas.

                 “Sandara Park. She’s been working extra hard these past few days...” he added but in a more sympathetic tone.

                  “None of my business.”

                   “I’m just saying...” he answered. “The last time I check, she opened a new bank account. And I’m pretty sure it’s for the money she owes you...”

                  I don’t care.

                  Yeah... I don’t.

 

#   #   #

Dara’s POV

                    I am beyond happy after I was offered a job with a fair amount of salary. The position is a waitress and I’m going to work starting 7pm up to 12am. It’s a bar but the manager said I’m going to accommodate the VIP rooms meaning I’m not going to deal with those wild party goers. Our uniform is decent enough for me to wear (nothing to worry about in this matter *phew*).

                I have to work harder since I am indebted with a good amount of money to someone who must not be named. I just want to prove to him that I’m not like what he thinks. I want to prove to him that he accused me wrongly. That he judged me without knowing what I am going through.

                 *sigh*

                  I looked at the vanity mirror while fixing my uniform. My first day in this new job. It’s the start of my shift. I’m hoping that it’ll went well---

                 “SANDARA!”

                  Scratch that. I think it won’t go that well.

                  My manager (he’s gay by the way..) came barging on our dressing room who seems to be having a big problem as what his expression says.

                 “Yes, Manager Kim?”

                 “There you are!” he approached me then held both my arms. “I’m not going to run on circles, young lady. I need your help because one of my waitresses can’t come to work today. She needs to be replaced for now since we’ve got a lot of customers today on the first floor unlike the VIP rooms. As this is your first day, I’m making this as your training... OK? Good.” He tapped my shoulder before sashaying his way out of the room.

               I haven’t said anything yet but he already left after giving me the GOOD (insert sarcasm in here) news. A training? Are you kidding me? Ugh.. I hope I can still come home with my complete body parts.

               *sigh* Oh well, like I have a choice. Better get ready ‘cause I’m having a feeling that this will be one hell of a night.

 

#  #  #

                   So far so good.

                   .

                   .

                   .

                  THAT’S A LIE!!!

                   SERIOUSLY!

                   This place is HORRIBLE! I’ve seen a lot---no—FEW bars which are way CONSERVATIVE than this. The people are dancing like there’s no tomorrow. They’re grinding on each other that they almost switch faces. The smell of alcohol and sweat...ackkk... it’s proving to be a big challenge for me to stop myself from puking. AND IT HAS JUST BEEN 15 MINUTES SINCE I STARTED MY SHIFT!!! This is a punishment.

                    “Table 10!”

                     I stopped on my reverie after hearing the bartender called out. That’s mine.

                    I started arranging the alcohol on my tray ready to serve it to the girls at table 10 when suddenly; an arm $ on my waist. I jerked back away from the person.

                   “Oohhhh~ why so jumpy beautiful lady?”

                  I looked at the person keeping my cool. I’m already expecting this kind of situation and I’ve told myself that I should stay calm.

                And I noticed that he’s not alone. There are five of them and all of them are looking impishly at me just like a lion ready to eat his prey. The guy in front of me is actually good-looking while his friends are...well... I’m not judging them but... umm... they’re NOT that VERY presentable. Yeah. Not presentable.

                 I cleared my throat. “I’m sorry.” I bowed. “I’m a waitress here. I only take orders.”

                Some of them laugh while the others high-fived. The guy who $ his arms around my waist bit his lips. “Really? How cute. Would you like to take my order?” he asked while decreasing the distance between us. I automatically stepped back.

               Ok. This is getting a little bit terrifying. “I’ll call another waitress to take your orders because I need to deliver this first to---“

                He closed the gap between us. I was about to step back again when I felt that my back already touched the bar counter. Dead end. I was about to flee when he trapped me between his arms.

              “W-what are you doing?”

              “I like cute girls like you. You all look so... fragile.” He said then he tried to touch my face but I slapped his hand away.

                “Don’t touch me.” I told him firmly.

               His friends cooed as if mocking me. “Now you got me more interested. Can I get a glass of your luscious lips?”

               I was about to kick his shin when a flying shot glass hit this as$hole straight to his nose. I swear, I heard something like a bone crack. The guy winced in pain.

               “And that’s your order.”

                 I swiftly turn my head to where that ‘familiar’ voice came from. And a guy named Jiyong welcomed me. Seeing him today, all the animosity I’ve felt for him since our last conversation seems to fade away.

                “Pikachu...”

                 Pikachu... Damn it. Why does it feel like I’ve missed it?

                “Don’t make me call you for the second time around.”

                  Sensing that it’s not the time to daydream, I quickly run beside Mr. P3rvy. I know I haven’t actually forgiven him, but at this moment, beside him is the safest place for me.

                  “Top hyung! Do me a favor and stay beside her.”

                  “You can count on me.”

                   That’s when I noticed the big guy behind me. Top.

                   He looked down at me and gave me a smile. “Hi! You look pretty up close.” Although the situation is getting intense, I can’t help but blushed after hearing that.  

                    “Not her, hyung. Not her.” Jiyong threateningly said. What does he mean by that?

                    “Come on, Boss... hitting on my friend’s girl is not—and will never be—my style.”

                    “Shut up.”

                      “WHAT THE FXCK??” the one who was hit by the shot glass shouted. His nose is bleeding. He looked angrily at Jiyong. “Do you know how much I paid for this perfect nose????”

                     “A cent?” Jiyong replied coolly

                    The guy grunted in anger. “You mess with the wrong guy, fxck!” he signaled his men.

                    “I should be the one saying that.”

                    “GO GET HIM!!!” he signaled and his men charged at Jiyong.

                   “Close your eyes. You don’t want to see this.”

                  “W-what? No.. D-don’t!” I was about to stop him but a big hand covered my eyes and another one held me in place. I tried to remove his hand but to no avail.

                   “Don’t even try. Just trust him.” Top uttered.

                   A commotion suddenly broke and I can’t see anything. “Jiyong? W-what’s happening? What is J-Jiyong doing?”

                   “He’ll be fine.” Top answered.

                    I hear grunts, bottles breaking into pieces and a man shouting in pain.

                    I know that a fight is happening and I can’t help but worry about him. “Y-YAH! STOP THEM!” My heart is racing so fast. What if something happens to Jiyong? What if those thugs brought sharp things or even  worst - a gun?  

                 Mr. P3rvy.

                 I was startled when I heard something stumbled near us.

                 “Boss, don’t toss an unconscious body in here.”

                 Unconcious body? WHAT? What the hell is happening???

                I tried to remove his hand covering my eyes and I managed to succeed but my eyes widened after seeing the scene before me.

               Bodies sprawled on the floor. Unconscious. There are bloods.

               And there is Jiyong, holding the lying down as$hole on his collar, sitting on his heels with a smirk on his face. Jiyong whispered something on the guy’s ear and immediately his expression changed into... fear.

              My feet moved on its own accord when I noticed that Jiyong is about to punch the guy again.

              “STOP!” I yelled.

            His fist hang on mid-air and he look up to me. His face. His eyes. Its full of rage. “Please... just stop.” I told him. He turned his gaze to the injured man and then he let go of him.

                 “I’m not done with you.” Jiyong told the guy before grabbing me in my arms and dragging me with him.

                  “Y-yah!”

                 He stopped in front of Top, who handed him my backpack. “Here are her things.” Jiyong sling my backpack on his shoulder.

                 “Take care of this.”

                   “Aye! Aye! Boss.” Top even saluted like a soldier.

                    And then he dragged me again outside the bar and into his car. “YAH! Where are you taking me?” he opened the door on his passenger seat and he literally TOSSED me inside it along with my bag. HOW RUDE!!! He walked around and opened the door on the driver’s seat then settled himself on it.

                 “What are you doing, Ji--- I mean.. Mr. Kwon? This is kidnapping!”

                   He started the ignition and drove off then glanced at me with his face devoid with emotion before focusing again on the road ahead. “And now I’m Mr. Kwon again.”

                   I didn’t say anything. Those hurtful words that he told me came back like it was just yesterday. I whipped my head away from him and pouted. No. I’m not going to talk to him.

                 “Cold war? Ok. You’re acting like a girlfriend having her tantrums.”

                 WHAT THE!!!!

                  I whipped my head back at him with a scowl on my face. “A GIRLFRIEND??? NO! WHO GAVE YOU THAT---“ I stopped on what I’m about to say when I notice the bruises on his hand gripping the driver’s wheel.

                 Something gripped my heart. He just saved me and here I am throwing tantrums at him. I am so inconsiderate.  

                  I slumped on my seat and played with the strap of my backpack. Silence enveloped us. There are some things running on my mind. I want to lash out on him but at the same time, I feel elated for the fact that he saved me.

                 Is it weird that I feel glad to see him again?

                 I shake my head. What am I thinking again? Shooo~ Shoo~

               Just then that I realized that we are already in front of my apartment. He gets off the car and then opened the door of the passenger’s seat. He grabbed my backpack then slings it again on his shoulder. “Let’s go!” he grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the car. My room is on the fourth floor and I thought he’ll drag me forcefully but unexpectedly, it’s the opposite.

              I looked at his hand gently holding my hand. It’s warm. Is this the feeling of holding hands while walking? It feels good. Call me greedy, but why do I feel like I don’t want him to let go of my hand?

               “Your code?”

                “Huh?” I stopped on my reverie after hearing him speak. I looked around and found that we are already here in the fourth floor in front of my door.

               “Tsk.” He taps some code on my digital door lock and IT OPENED! How did he???
               “Y-yah! H-how did you?” I asked disbelievingly.

               “I have my ways.” He dragged me inside then closed the door. He let go of my hand and tossed my bag on the sofa then he looked around. “Wow. I can’t believe a human can live here.”

               My eyes widen after seeing the GARBAGE (my messy room <__<) in front of me. I immediately blocked his view using my small hands. THIS IS EMBARASSING!!!

               But he just unceremoniously pushed my hand away. “Pikachu... you can’t hide all this... all this... tss... I can’t even describe it. Look, you even hang your und!es on the balcony. Is that a tweety bird design I’m seeing?” He added like it’s the most natural thing to say in front of a girl.

               I can feel my cheeks turning tomato red. The humiliation! And it’s not tweety bird! It’s kiiroitori!  

             “GAAAAAHHHHHH!!!”

             Floor...please eat me now.

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

They meet again!!! Kkk~ Finally!

Expect more daragon moments in the succeeding chapters!
kkkk~

 

And always,

I wanted to thank everyone who’s patiently waiting for my update.

I’ll give you more spazztastic moments in the future! (_ _) *bows*

 

AND LOVELY COMMENTS ARE SOOOO HEARTWARMING! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

 

^__^

UPVOTE PLEASE!

That’s all for today! ^_^

:*

 

Twitter:

@superrookie_aff

Follow me and I’ll follow back! ^__^

I don’t have any followers yet. T__T

Kkk~