Chapter 1: Meet the Trickster

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader

Dara’s POV

             Two days earlier...

              "SANDARA PARK!!!!!!"

               No. That's not a fangirl/fanboy screaming my name out of excitement and joy. That's actually my land lady. She's mad at me. Well, she's always mad at me. I failed to pay the rent for this month...I mean... for three consecutive months. What can I do? I'm broke!!!

             I leave my apartment before she reached my floor. I took the stairs because never in her entire life that she used the stairs. She always uses the elevator because she's kind of a ummm... overweight? I hope that doesn’t sound so rude.

                I started to pedal my beloved bike heading to my part time job. Yes. I’m a working – independent – university student. I don’t want to trouble my Mom so I decided to finance myself. Besides, I made a promise to my Dad.

                “I promise! I’ll graduate in a prestigious university!”

                Yep! A prestigious university… the Seoul University. I’m glad I’m a part of their scholarship program. This is my last year so I really work hard.

                I parked my bike beside a small store selling lucky stones and charms. I will be working here for 3 days only because of their special promo. I’ll be working as a sales person here selling their limited lucky charm. Every lucky charm that I’ll sell, I will get a 10% incentive. This is an easy-peasy task! I’m good at tricking---I mean convincing people, y’know!

                After changing on my uniform, I immediately run outside the store. I inhaled deeply and exhaled loudly.

                “Ready, Dara?”

­# # #

                Three hours have passed…

                My manager is so happy! I managed to sell almost all the limited edition lucky charm! ($_$) Kachinggg! Yes! I can see money coming my way!

                “Good job, Dara! I’m very lucky that I hired you!” my manager complimented me.

                “The pleasure is mine, Sir!” I bowed at him…

                He pats me at my shoulder. “Alright! Alright! There’s only one left though, you can go home if you can sell that. I’ll still pay you with full amount..”

                “With the incentives.”

                He laughed. “Yes, with the incentives!”

                “NEH!! Kamsahamnida!” I bowed at him again.

                OKEEEYYYY! I just need to sell this last piece of lucky charm and I’m free to go. I can get to my second work earlier and it means… MORE MONEYYYY!!!

                With a bright smile plastered in my face, I faced my last customer.

                “ANNYEONG HASEYO----whoa!” my supposed to be last customer suddenly fell on her knees. “H-hey… Are you alright?” I immediately run on her side. She seemed to be very exhausted. “Is someone following you? Manager-nim---“

                “NO! Please… d-don’t c-call anyone…” she interjected.

                “Huh?”

                She pulled something out on her pocket and she handed it to me. “P-please. K-keep this…”

                “W-what’s this?”

                She forced herself to stand up with me supporting her. “D-don’t w-worry… I’ll c-comeback to t-take this… b-but please k-keep this for a while… I-I’m s-sorry…” then she quickly walked away along the highway and hailed a cab.

                “WAIT!!! Agasshi! AGASSHI!” I called out to her but the cab immediately drove away.

                I looked at the ‘thing’ that she gave me. It’s a black cylindrical container with weird designs. I examined it looking for the opening but I can’t find any. “Useless… maybe that girl is just high on drugs… Tsk.”

                I was about to throw it in the nearest trash bin when a passing youngster caught my attention.

                “Oh well… I can take care of this later…” Instead, I put the container in my uniform’s pocket.

                Then I warmly greeted my last customer. “ANNYEONG HASEYO!!!”

 

# # #

Author’s POV

                “Hey GD, you won’t believe this.” A guy with a mohawk hair bleached in white color bring the laptop in front of a guy cleaning a sharp knife. The other three guys in the room curiously approached the two.

                The guy he called GD looked at the laptop’s monitor wearing an impassive expression.

                “I can’t believe you have the hots for this type of girls, Youngbae.” a tall handsome guy interjected.

                “NO! Look closely. Look at that black thing placed in her table.” He zoomed in the picture and the three guys gasped in shock.

                “Sh*t! T-tha’s the s-sacred---“the man with an obvious black circles in his eyes disbelievingly uttered. 

                “She’s the s-successor?”

                “You’re right, Dae.” Then they all looked at the girl smiling brightly at the picture. “I think we finally find her.”

                Then silence.

               

                Silence. *crickets*

 

                Silence---

               

                Fxxk, Boss!You’re so fxxing unlucky. You have to marry this girl????? I mean... LOOK AT HER!!! She’s a fxxing nerd!!! I can’t believe this! All this time...I thought that the ‘successor’ is a hot-gorgeous lady----

                “Shut up, hyung.” The guy they called GD (and Boss) exclaimed. “I don’t need to marry her anyways.”

                “You can’t possibly do that, GD. You know, you can’t break the rules… especially the orders of your dad.”

                GD suddenly throws the knife that he has been holding for a while and it hit the target board bullseye. “Don’t worry, Youngbae. I am not going to break any rules.” Then he stood up and put his hands on his pockets. “Remove that picture immediately, Youngbae… I’m pretty sure that we found her first. My dad and his elite team will know this in no time so before that happens, bring that girl to me.”

                “Alright.”

# # #

Sandara’s POV

                This is weird. Where is my selca that I posted in my SNS last night?

                Speaking of my SNS, I’m proud to say that I have two followers-namely Bom and CL. HAHAHAHAHAHA… At least I have some famous followers. Then I only followed three people-namely- of course – Bom and CL and *insert heart-shaped smiley in here* my ultimate crush – Lee Donghae. Yes. He’s the most popular guy in the university. He’s SOOO handsome and has a kind heart. I will never forget the day when we first met.

                I was half-running at the hallway that day because I was late for class. When suddenly a ball come dashing towards me and hit me – wrecking me literally. Some of the students just laughed at my misfortune and didn’t even dare to help me. Those thugs who threw the ball didn’t even bother apologizing to me. So I just decided to end my humiliation and stood up like nothing happened but then again, I felt someone supporting me, holding both my arms gently. AND IT WAS HIM!!!! *squeaallllll!* He adjusted my eyeglasses and handed me a handkerchief (because my nose is bleeding…poor me! T_T).

                “You should wear a smile in this kind of situations.”

                And that was the first time that I felt my heart skip a beat. I didn’t believe in destiny but at that moment, I knew we are meant for each other---

                “DARA-YAHHHH!”

                Sh*t!

                I almost forgot we are now in the cafeteria having our lunch break.

                “Bom-ah, are you trying to break my eardrums?” I annoyingly told my oh-so precious friend, Bom.

                “Wow. SANDARA PARK! I have been calling your name for a hundredth time but you didn’t respond to me, so I decided to use my lethal attack!”

                “Which is by breaking my eardrums with an attempt of taking away my sense of hearing?”

                “Ah huh. You got that right.” CL exclaimed. “Anyways, she won’t bother doing that if you respond to her the first time she called you.” I can see Bom childishly nodding agreeing to CL’s statement. “You’re spacing out again. Are you thinking of something? Or someone?”

                “N-no. I was just checking my SNS. I posted a selca last night but strangely, it was removed.”

                “Maybe it didn’t really get uploaded.” Bom said.

                “Or maybe someone reported it to be inappropriate.” CL jokingly said and Bom laugh. They even high-fived.

                “I can’t believe you just said that CL.” I told her acting hurt but she just shrugged her shoulders.

                “By the way, Dara-yah, I’m going to host a party in the house for the success of launching my new store in Hongdae... I’m EXPECTING you to be there---“

                “Hell NOOOOOOO CL! “ I even emphasized my disagreement by landing my index finger in her lips stopping her from finishing her sentence. I massaged my temple. Attending a party with fashionable people is the last thing on my list. If I step foot on such event, I will be burned into ashes.

                CL pushed my hand away from her face. “It will be held two weeks from now. You and Bom are my special guests. You already ditched the opening party of my FIRST store, my SECOOND store up to my THIRDDDDD store and NOW you’re doing it again???? How could you???” Oh no. She’s using her I’m-going-to-make-you-feel-guilt-ridden-until-you-say-yes strategy. Urghhh….

                “Chaerin-ah, you do know that I feel uncomfortable in such kind of events. I’ll be out-of-place and---“

                “Really,Dara? Are we going to talk about these issues again?” Bom sighed. “You just need to have some boost of confidence. How many times do we have to tell you that?”

                “B-but---“

                “I won’t take ‘NO’ for an answer this time, Dara. And that’s final.” CL said with finality.

                “And this time, let us do something that we’ve always wanted to do for you.”

                I heaved a deep sigh. I guess there’s no stopping them this time.

# # #

PRESENT TIME…

Dara’s POV

                I am now sitting here inside a luxurious car with these four unknown men. Why did I let them take me that easily?

                “E-excuse me---”

                “We are not allowed to answer any of your questions until we reach our destination.” The guy with a white hair said. Weird. Why do they have to bleach their hair like that nowadays? Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

                “But I think I have the right to know if you’re going to kill me or not so I can decide if I have to scream or not. I’m kinda confused if you’re the bad guys or the good guys because you just saved me from those insecure b*tches but you guys acting so strange is giving me some unnerving ideas. ”

                They looked at me at the same time…well, except for the driver.

                “You guys looking at me like that won’t stop me from talking.”

                “Don’t worry. We’re not going to kill you so please shut your mouth up.” The guy who introduced himself as Choi Seunghyun a while ago told me.

                I imaginarily zipped my mouth and put my hands up as a sign of surrender.

                “Good.”

                Silence.

                *crickets*

                “I’m just curious about one thing though… who’s this G-dragon---“ I stopped from talking because they looked at me again simultaneously but this time with an irritated face.

                “Alright! No more talking.” I gave them a lopsided smile.

                Phew.

# # #

                I was brought inside an underground place. I think I was traumatized on what I witnessed. The upper part is a private club where some men and women are partying so hard. The place smells alcohol and strange stuffs. It’s a big challenge for me to stop myself from puking. I can see some opposite $ex making out at the corner like it’s a normal thing to do. Ackkk... My innocent eyes.

                “Please sit down.”

                “H-huh?”

                One of the four guys (he looks like a panda, by the way..) offered me a seat. It was just five of us in here. The place looks cozy and safe. In front of me are an office table and a swivel chair facing it’s back on me. Someone is sitting on it. I can somewhat see his head.

                I looked at my back and saw the four guys standing straightly behind the door. Are they guarding it?

                I turn again my attention to the person in front of me. “Ummm… h-hello? Are you G-Dragon--Achooooo!!!”

                Damn it. I think I caught a cold because of my wet clothes. I didn’t get the chance to change since these people took me.

                “Sorry---ACCHOOO!!!”

                Wow. This is embarrassing. My sneezes echoed in the room and everyone is so quiet that my sneezes can be heard in all sides of the room.

                “Achooo!!!! Sorry ‘bout that---AAACHOO! Can I have some tis—achoo—sues.”

                But no one dared to move.

                “Uh.. someone? Tissues,please?”

                Then the person who’s sitting in the swivel chair abruptly stood up and took off his suit. In a matter of seconds, he’s now beside me and throws the suit in my face. How rude!

                “Put that on. Your sneezes are pretty much annoying.”

                I snappishly get rid of his suit that landed on my face. (Although I want it on my face a little longer because it smells pretty damn good… kkk~).

                    “I was asking nicely for tiss—“ I think something caught my tongue after taking a good look at the guy in front of me.

                   He is the epitome of handsome-charismatic-bad boy . Except for Donghae, I’ve never appreciate the outside look of a guy before but this man made me speechless.

                  I was dumbfounded because of his next move. He put his hands on both arms of the chair I’m sitting at and his face was near mine. He looked directly into my eyes penetrating me. His earring in his left ear and his mole in his right cheek makes him look $exier.

                “My name is Kwon Jiyong a.k.a G-Dragon. I called out for you today for some very important information. Your utmost cooperation will be very helpful. Can I expect that from you…Miss Sandara Park?”

              The way he said my name is so s3xy that I think I’m going p3rvy at this moment.

                 I swallowed my own saliva and was ready to answer his question. But unfortunately, I answered him in a different way.

                “Achooo~”

                 Yeah. I sneezed on his face.

                “How painful is this life~ Eat me now oh dear floor!”

# # #

 

 

Author’s  Note:

Annyeong haseyo! Superrookie – imnida!

I am surprised to see that you guys showed

interest on my story… *touched*

So here is my first chapter!

Let me hear your opinions on the comment box!

^____^

Kamsahamnida!