Unexpected

Friendship? Love? Which one?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 26: UNEXPECTED

It's been a little while ever since the two oldest sons of The Kim's family got married. "Hyerim-ah.... why aren't they giving us news yet? Didn't they know that their old man are getting older day by day? I want to be able to see my granchild before I died. " Jonghyun said one day when he's all alone with his wife. He's getting impatient because none of his sons give out the good news yet and it's been 6 months ever since they were married. "At least one of them. Just one of them, I don't care Minseok or Junmyeon, just one before I die."

"Yeobo, it's not like you were sick or anything. I doubt that you are going to die anytime soon. You will live a lot more years and we will be able to see our grandchildren soon. Be patient already. Those boys are busy, Seohyun are also busy with cases, in and out from the court now since she's graduated and Mikaela were busy with her studies. They need time and I'm sure our sons doesn't want to pressure their wife about this." Hyerim on the other hand is more calm compared to her husband. Jonghyun even make plan to send them to their second so called honeymoon because of this matter. He even ask Jongin about it and Jongin just said, "Appa, be patient. You were just retired and Minseok hyung were know even more busy replacing you as the chairman and Suho hyung now are the only CEO, the solo CEO of the company. They had too many work appa. They don't even have enough time to spent with their wives because of meeting here and there. Mikaela noona are as busy as Suho hyung for her assignments, classes and exams. Just wait a little longer and I'm sure the good news will come soon."

So he wait. Kim Jonghyun wait for another two freaking month, sums up his sons's marriage into 8 months but nothing reach his ears yet. "That's it. I am so done waiting. Mr. Choi, drive me to the building now." He ordered his driver and he then off to the Kim's building. Once he arrived, every employees were shocked to see their previous chairman were they. Did something happen with the new chairman? Did the old chairman are not satisfied with his son's work? Everyone couldn't help but to think the worse thing is happening. Jonghyun on the other hand went straight to both of his sons office and lucky for him because both Minseok and Suho were there in Minseok's office, discussing their building matters. 

"Appa..." the younger Kims said as they saw their oldman burst into the office. "You both. I need you both to go to the hospital immediately." Shock was an understatement for them boys as they don't understand why they need to go to the hospital when they were feeling extremely fine. "Why appa? Is anybody sick or hurt?" Minseok ask. "I want you both to go and see the doctor."

"why?" Again, they ask. "It's been 8 freaking months and none of you come to me and tell me that your wife is pregnant. I'm getting impatient over here and I want you both to go and check if there's anything wrong. Ask your wives to go and meet the doctor also." Then Jongyun stomp off, leaving the clueless men inside the office. It took a few minutes before they realized what had their father told them just now. "Did.. did appa.." Suho was trying to say something, but it is obvious that the words are stuck in his throat but Minseok doesn't need to hear it as he understand what his brother trying to say. "Yes Junmyeon, appa were asking why are Mikaela and Seohyun aren't pregnant yet." 

"Oh..." is that all Suho could say. Then they both proceed their personal meeting as if nothing happen but they both know that they need to take into consideration on what their father had told them. Meanwhile for Mikaela, she's getting busy day by day and add up, the day got even more busier as there's a festival going to be held by the university in about 3 weeks. "Couldn't these days got even more worse?" she asked Myungsoo who were tired as she is. Both the youngest boys, Jongin and Sehun were also there. "Noona, appa burst out last night." Jongin said. "What do you mean Jongin?" Myungsoo then chuckles to him self when he remembered the event that happen in the mansion the night before. 

"Uncle were getting impatient because neither you or Seohyun noona come and told him the good news yet and it's been 8 months already ever since you guys got married." Myungsoo told her as they were all laying on the grass. "And worse, Suho hyung text me just know. He said appa went to the building and burst into Minseok's hyung office. He told them to go to the hospital to check on what is wrong with either them or you and Seohyun noona. Seriously, appa is overthinking and over acting." Mikaela stay silent as the boys were talking. She's been thinking to her self, is there anything wrong with her or her husband or it just not the time yet for her to get pregnant. It's not like she never did the the thing or she did it only on her honeymoon. It's been a few times already since she got married but there's nothing, no symptoms saying that she's pregnant. To be honest, she herself were caught thinking about it when she's alone or talking with Naeun at the house but she never tell Suho anything since the man was always busy nowadays. As for Seohyun, that lawyer just graduated and she's been having enough cases to make her ignore the pregnancy subject. 

"Isn't it normal if the woman doesn't get pregnant yet? I mean, it's barely a year since noona got married, so.. what's the rush?" Sehun's voice snap her out of her own mind. "I guess it's normal for other family but not with The Kim's family Sehun-ah." she said. "No pressure noona, it just that app constantly saying that he wanted to die after seeing his grandchildren bla bla bla. I don't understand  why and eomma also didn't understand why because as far as we know, appa is like the healthiest person we've ever known." All of them chuckles as they heard what Jongin said. "Well, I guess that's the cue for you now Mikaela. I've been waiting a baby inside the house myself." Mikaela throw her bag to Myungsoo and said, "Make babies on your own Myungsoo!" Then they all went to work again. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter