This Arranged Marriage

Friendship? Love? Which one?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 17: THIS ARRANGED MARRIAGE

After the shock announcement given by The Wu's, everyone was left speechless. The Wu's left the stage right after the announcement and all the guest can see right away The Kim's were already waiting for them off stage. Mikaela's and Kevin's grandparents met them and both Wu's and Kim's sit in one table, without the three siblings. Mikaela was out of words but Kevin was there, witnessing it all. The downfall of his sister. Yes, her arranged marriage would be with The Kim's but who? That's the real question. It can be Minseok, Junmyeon or even Jongin. Myungsoo could be another candidate also. Kevin couldn't help his sister when she decide to walk off the table. "Please forgive my sister, she's still shocked with the announcement." Kevin said before he follow her sister to the balcony. It's cold outside but Mikaela couldn't careless about the weather as she couldn't think straight in this state. 

She felt the presence of her brother and she didn't hide her tears. "Kevin..." was all she could say before she break out in front of him. Kevin let his sister cry in his arms as long as she want to. If she didn't want to go back inside the hall, then they can leave the venue right away. But that is not Mikaela. Mikaela doesn't run from problem. She didn't hide from from fear. She was strong and she will be strong again. Once she had the courage to go back inside, Kevin assure her again and when she said that she's okay, then go back in catching all the attention from the guest. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae were the first line that went to them, followed by the others, covering them up until they reached the table. Now, all The Kim's including the three siblings was there. The table was place a little too far from the main event and they could have their personal meeting without bothering the guest.

"Honey, meet Mr and Mrs  Kim." her haelmoni said when they arrived. Mikaela gave her best smile to them, trying to hide the pain in her heart. No matter how hurt she is, she still need to respect the elders. "Nice to finally meet you, Mikaela Wu." Kim Jonghyun said. The way he pronounced it felt so wrong but so right at the same time. Is it possible to feel that way? Mikaela have this creepy feeling but at the same time, she felt as if her own father called her name. The eldest than decided to talk a few mattersto each other while the youngsters, they only stare. Stare at the food, stare at the drinks, the clothes, the oh-you-look-good-today. Stare, stare and stare all over again until Myungsoo speak up, "Happy birthday Mikaela. Heard you went to a little shopping earlier this day. Do you have fun on your birthday?"

"Yes Myungsoo... I had fun... until the announcements were made..." their eldest could feel the sting came out from Mikaela's word and they all stop talking. Kevin hold his sister's hands as he know Mikaela would run again and deep inside his heart, he pray that the night will be over soon.

"Back to the will, shall we introduce our sons now?" Hyerim asked their haelmoni. "Yes, yes please." Honestly, their grandparents didn't know why Mikaela was acting like this, not accepting the wish and she look so broken-hearted. Don't blame the old person, they didn't know Mikaela had a boyfriend. Then Jonghyun introduced his sons one by one, from the oldest to the youngest, from Kim Minseok to Kim Jongin. Everytime he talks about his sons, he would secretly glare at Mikaela and he swear that he could see Mikaela's flinch everytime he says Suho's name. Have I ever told you that Kevin's friends were there? They were nearby and Jongdae caught Mr. Kim doing what he did to Mikaela. He was playing some sort of mind and psychology games with Mikaela. When he was about to walk over her, Mr Kim said the thing that broke his son and Mikaela's heart.

"I would like to proceed this arrangement... I would like to fullfill my bestfriends last wish by marrying my oldest son with Mikaela."

There's no other word that can describe the state of shock the three siblings plus two other sibli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter