The Wedding

Friendship? Love? Which one?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 20: THE WEDDING

Ahaaaaaa KIDDIN'!

OKAY FOR REAL NOW....

If anyone thought that only the brides and the grooms are the only one who aren't ready, their thought are wrong. Besides the said brides and grooms, there are another living creature out there who weren't ready and worried with the wedding. That living creature is Kevin. There's too many thing that he isn't ready.

How do accept that she's going to be someone wife?

How do I accept that she's no longer my responsibility to take care of?

How do I know that she'll be happy with her married life?

How do I walk her down the aisle?

How do I hand her down to the man at the end of the aisle?

How do I put through without her existance around this mansion again?

How do I know her husband treat her well with love and all?

How do I live without my sister again?

There's too many how do I in Kevin's mind but he didn't have the answer. So he tried to seek the answers from his PA, Yixing. Yixing undoubtedly answer all his 'how do I' with ease.

Once she said I do, you gonna accept that she's someone else wife.

Once she said I do, your responsibility on her are vanish.

Once she said I do and you saw her happy smile, that's when you know that she's happy.

You walk her down the aisle like a man, a father that she no longer have.

You hand her to her husband with ease and not with guilt.

You'll live without her the same way you live before she came.

Once she said "I'm pregnant!" that's when you know he has been treating your sister well.

You'll live, with or without your sister.

Honestly, the answers he gave didn't help even a bit but Kevin didn't say that Yixing was wrong. In fact, he thought that everything Yixing were saying was right. Once his sister said 'I do', everything gonna change. Mikaela will no longer be his responsibility. He will have no right to doubt or to ask every single one of Mikaela's decision and he can't decide for her anymore. Mikaela have Minseok, her husband, his bestfriend. He tried his very best to ease everything even when he hide it well around others, he still cry in his sleep thinking of how fail he was being a brother. How he regret not staying by Mikaela's side even when she pushed him away, he should have stayed. He should have been with Mikaela throughout her puberty, throughout her maturity. He should have spend his time more with Mikaela and live their childhood memories together but no, he leave her. He didn't have much of childhood memories with his only sister. He is regretting his past life but there's nothing to be done. What done is done, there is no turning back now. 

Mikaela and Seohyun often can be seen around together. If Seohyun didn't come to Wu's mansion, then Mikaela would be at Nam's mansion. If both are not there, they were just spending their time at the mall, or library or anywhere they can be. They had long finished doing their last checked and last shopping for the wedding. Anyone who see them won't be thinking that they are the one whose going to be married. Why? They walk down the street leisurely, as if there's no burden on their shoulders, no problem they had faced before the wedding. They had past the stage of grieving and not believing that they can't live with their love one. Everything happens for a reason, they thought and so with that, the two strong girls let the past be the past and prepares themselves for what the future bring. 

It's D-4 before the wedding day when Mikaela enter the hall as usual, preparing for her class. 

"Mikaela, I've received the invitation. Thank you, I'll be there." says Sulli, one of her groupmates for their assignments. Honestly, Mikaela didn't know who did Mr Kim invited and she certainly didn't know how did her hallmates got the invitation. She thought it must have been her brother until someone place the invitation box on her desk. "I thought you might want to see your own wedding invitation." says Myungsoo who took his sit beside her as usual. It always has been Myungsoo and on the other side, it will be Sulli and Krystal, the two bestfriends who happen to grow closer to her since the semester started. It's not that she dislike being friend with them, she likes them but not to the stage she could tell them every dirty little secret she had. Maybe one or two but not all. 

"Thank you Myungsoo. I didn't know the invitation could be... wow. Is this an invitation or is this a graduation scroll?" she asked once she open the box. The invitation was placed in a box and inside the box is a scroll that have all the wedding details. Mikaela, Minseok, Seohyun and Suho's name were written in the scroll along side the venue, date and time. It's such a beautiful wedding invitation and there's no doubt that Mr Kim had spend a lot of money to make it like that.

Once she read everything written in the scroll, there's nothing escape from except a little "Oh.." and nothing else. Sulli and Krystal who happen to notice her sudden crestfallen expression squeeze her hands a little just as if to say that she's going to be okay. "We'll be there Mikaela... I promise you, we will be there for you."

There's nothing eventful that happen after the class and the rest of the day. 

D-3; still nothing happen except there's one text message on Mikaela's phone.

I miss you...

What was she supposed to do? Once, she even had the idea to run away on the aisle together with Seohyun but then they realized that it will make things a lot worse. She read the message early in the morning so it mean Suho must have send it late at night. She did her morning routine as usual and when she left her room, Naeun told her that Minseok is waiting for her downstairs. That's odd, Minseok oppa usually told me beforehand if he want to come she thought while heading downstairs. Her brother was already there at the dining room with her grandparents and Minseok. 

"Good morning." she greeted and Kevin stand up to kiss her cheek while Minseok grin at her. "Sweetheart," her haelmoni call out, "Minseok said he have somewhere to go with you today."

"Oh really? Where to?" she asked Minseok back but he answered with "You'll see." After eating their breakfast, Kevin told Minseok to take care of his sister while the latter rolled his eyes. Since when I never take care of your sister well? he scoff in his mind only. Nonetheless, Minseok and Mikaela separate ways with Kevin and once they are in Minseok's car, Mikaela couldn't hide her eagerness. "What are you up to oppa?"

"Tsk tsk.. so impatient. Will be having our own day out today... well, not us.. Suho is fetching Seohyun right now."

She scoff, "Really? Since when did we go like this?"

"Hey, we need to do this okay. The old man's command." he says while rolling his eyes. 

The journey to their unknown destination took few hours and Mikaela must have fall asleep as she felt someone shaking her shoulder to wake her up. "Mikaela, wake up..." she tiredly open her eyes and yawn. Only after rubbing her tired ask she saw the three person standing in front of her, looking at her with amusement. "Sorry, I'm just tired." Seohyun went to her side and throw a warm hug to she now called sister. "It's okay, it's love you just arrived anyway." Mikaela nodded and look the scenery around her. She noticed it to be some kind of a garden full of flowers and the secene upon her eyes look exactly like a picture. It's too... beautiful.

A hand sneak around her waist from behind and she yelped in surprised, but didn't move when she heard the voice whispering in her ears, "It's beautiful isn't it?" Another couple were grinning widely watching the love birds in front of them and Mikaela started to feel... guilt? Confused? Happy? She doesn't know what she felt at the time. "There's only the four of us today and you Mikaela are going to spend time with your lover while I will spend time with Seohyun." but Minseok noticed the confused look on Mikaela's face and he ease her by saying, "This is the best we could do before we were tie up with another person. Enjoy your time, lovebirds" Then they went off to no one knows where. 

She spin around so that she could face Suho but the moment she turns around, a pair of soft lips landed on hers' but she was too shocked to break the kiss. Is it because she was too shock or is it because she simply miss Suho. The only moment when they break the kiss was when both of them were out of breath. Suho's lips were inches away from her and she can feel his breath mixed with her own when Suho whispers "I miss you". Their forehead were attached to each other and there's no hint that they are going to be separated any moment. 

A few God-no-one-know-how-long they standing near each other, they decided to capture the scenery beyond them together. Suho chose a place that was surround with many kind of flowers, not far away from his brother as he can still saw them giggling with each other. 

He sat on the grass instead of the bench nearby and look at the women he loves in awe. Mikaela was so happy she can't express her happiness in words seeing all those flowers blooming, giving out many different colours making the garden look even more outstanding. She didn't noticed that Suho was staring at her with a smile planted on his face and when he called out her name did she noticed that she's been standing for too long. She walked towards Suho intending to sit beside him but the latter pulled her hand down, causing her to land on top of him. Their faces was too close and a single move from any of them would cause their lips to attached, and that exactly what Suho did. He started with her lips, followed by her nose, her cheeks, her eyes and lastly her forehead. It took everything in him to depart his lips from her forehead and kissed Mikaela's lips again. 

Their kiss, it's not lust. It's nothing more than a pure kiss. Pure, innocent kiss that you only gave to the one you love. He was hugging Mikaela tightly, not wanting her to get up but she didn't seem to notice his intention as she keep on struggling to get loose from his grip. "Just stay like this for a moment please..." he whispers softly and only then Mikaela stop her struggle, resting her head on his chest. He could feel his own heart beat that was beating crazily and he's sure that Mikaela could hear it but he didn't care. There's nothing he wanted at the time except than holding Mikaela like this. This is heaven. This is what he wanted and what he needed. If and only if he could freeze time so that they didn't have to go back to reality. Only if this was a dream, he won't ever wake up to face reality. He could stay asleep if this was what he dreaming on. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter