New home

Friendship? Love? Which one?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 22: NEW HOME

Once they come back from their honeymoon trip, both Minseok and Suho went back to The Kim's mansion with their respectives wife. Their parents are already there waiting for them with a whining Kim Jongin in the living room. The first person that welcomed them were the maids and after that, come a shrieking old woman, heh kidding, a shrieking Kim Hyerim come running towards the newlyweds. "My daughters are home!!!" she shouted before hugging the supposed daughter-in-law tightly. Her sons? Long forgotten. "Eomma..! What about us?" Suho asked, tugging his mother's arm that still hugging Mikaela and Seohyun. "What? Go hug your father. I'm gonna spend my time with my daughters now." And she went off with the said daughters. The two boys was left behind, shocked and pouting. Their father came right after, chuckling with a pouting Kim Jongin. 

"She's been waiting for you guys to come home ever since last night. "Jonghyun said. "You should be happy she told you to hug appa instead. Eomma has been neglecting me ever since you guys went to your honeymoon." Pout, and pouting again. What a poor life Kim Jongin had ever since his two brothers got married. "Awww don't say that Jongin. Your mother wanted a daughter for a long time and now that she had two daughters, we don't want to break her happiness don't we? Let them girls have some time on their own, alright?" Jonghyun tried to sweet talked his last son but fail completely as Jongin stomped off towards his room. "What's with the pouting?" Minseok asked confusedly.

Jonghyun chuckled before answering, "He's jealous of his now sisters because your mother keep on babbling about them even when she's with him. He feel neglected."

Well, that's explained much as Kim Jongin supposed to be the closest with their mother. They walk to the living room, towards the three girls who keep on chatting happily. After some time, they noticed the presence of the three men in the living room. "Took you long enough to notice me and your sons, Hyerim."

"Eyy, I'm just too happy to talk with them. How's your honeymoon?"

"Tsk... did you need to ask that? Of course it would be superb and I bet we gonna be grandparents soon." With the last sentences, the four person turn into a bright red tomatoes. They didn't bring the conversation any further and just enjoy their night snack before Mikaela notice the absence of Jongin. "Where's Kai?" Jonghyun answered her saying that the said person is sulking in his own room before Suho started to ask her mother about his little brother. 

"Eomma, don't you think you've gone too far with Jongin?"

"Too far? What did I do?" Hyerim look confused and blank. As far as she can remember, she did nothing to her last son, and that's her problem. She practically did nothing and Kim Jongin has taken her action to the heart.

"Appa said you have been neglecting him ever since our honeymoon." Minseo said.

"Ahhh... your father is just exaggerating. I didn't neglect my last son." she said defensively. 

"I did not exaggerate and you did neglect him. You keep on talking about Mikaela and Seohyun and made him feel outcast Hyerim. Your son is a softie inside and he's hurt by your action."

Hyerim sigh, "Is it wrong that I'm a little too excited to be having girls in my house now? I've always been with you boys, I just wanted to have time with my daughters now. It's not like I don't love him. He knew it very well that I love him very much." With her last words, a loud door banging upstairs could be heard and a maid sigh at the end of the stairs. "What was that Jungah?" Jonghyun asked. "Jongin didn't want to eat and he slam the door right in front of Uee' face. " The said person, Uee came downstairs with tears stained on her cheeks. It's not a usual thing to see Kim Jongin getting mad at the maids but when he's mad, this happen. The maids are mostly young and they can easily hurt when once of the young Kim got mad like this. Who doesn't when the usually young Kim's are all nice suddenly become a hulk. 

"That kid." Jonghyun was about to walk upstairs when Mikaela stop him. "Appa, let me talk to him." Jonghyun doubt it at first but looking at his second son who gave the permission, he agreed. "His room is the left one at the end of the stairs." Mikaela nodded and mouthed 'I'll be back' to the one remain in the living room. "Will Kai listen to her?" Seohyun asked. "Jongin listen to her very well." Suho said and turn back to have conversations with his parents. Minseok joined along while Seohyun keep looking at Kai's room direction even though neither Mikaela or Jongin were there. 

Mikaela knock the door and was answered with a loud 'I DON'T WANT TO EAT' and 'GET OUT'. She stubbornly open the door and was face with an enraged Kim Jongin. He had prepared him self to throw the pillow towards the door but forget his intention when he saw Mikaela was standing at the front door. "N-noona... what are you doing here?" Mikaela close the door and walk towards his now brother in-law. She stand beside the bed, "May I?" she asked Kai to sit beside him and he scooted away to make room for her. "What do you mean what I'm doing here? Of course I'm visiting my brother since that someone doesn't want to go downstairs." Jongin sigh and hide his face in his hands, not wanting to look at her sister. "What's wrong Jongin?" Mikaela rub his back softly, trying to ease his heart.

"Eomma... eomma doesn't love me." He mumbles in his hands as he still didn't look up from his previous position. "Why did you say that?"

"All she ever talk was about your and Minseok's hyung honeymoon. Then she said how nice that she finally have daughters. She didn't even ask me how I'm doing or did I eat already and she didn't hug me as always anymore. All she ever said is how she can't wait to go shopping with you guys bla bla bla... she forget me." There's a tears coming down from his eyes when he finally look up to Mikaela. Unconciously, Mikaela caress his cheeks in attempt to swep away the tears. Her action was bold but it was full with love, a love of a sister towards her brother, a motherly love. Seeing how Mikaela acting, Jongin have no doubt that Mikaela indeed will be a great mother oneday. "Your mother have always loves you, and us coming here doesn't change that fact a bit. She's still your mother that loves you no matter what. It just, your father said that eomma have always wanted a daughter, and now that she already have two daughters, even only her daughter-in-law, she wanted to worship these moments with us, the moments she never had before." 

Jongin look at her confusedly until he speak again, "What moment? Doesn't she have those moment with us? We went shopping together, or went to Kibum's to buy flowers and such." He ended it with a pout and Mikaela chuckles looking at his cute pout. Oh how much she wanted to spend time with someone that act all childishly with her. She went closer towards Jongin and take him into a hug while ruffling his hair, "The moment she had with you is different from the moment she wanted with a daughter. A moment where she can go shopping with another woman, having their opinion, decorated the house with their girly ideas combined, the moment where she can giggles together, gossiping about cute and handsome boys. Do you want to do that with eomma? Or the moment where she can chose a dress and ask her daughter to try it and look how perfectly fit the dress are. She can't do that with you guys. Yes, she did went shopping with you and asked you try a suit or a shirt but it's different Jongin. A moment with a son is totally different with a moment spend with a daughter." Jongin went silent in her embrace, thus she continue again. " Men and woman are different in many ways Jongin. Their mind think differently. It's time now for your mother cherish the moment she never had before. The moment she always wanted but she know she won't get it unless her sons got married. And now that your brothers are married, me and Seohyun are here for her to live that moment. I didn't ask for you to understand nor I didn't say that you have enough time with your mother, but looking at how she enthusiastically dragged us right after we arrived, I can see that she's been waiting so long for this. Men and woman can never understand each other, but they could learn each other well. As for woman, we could understand each other and the same goes for you guys. You understand your brothers very well, aren't you?" 

Jongin nodded and look at his sister-in-law again. This time, his lips curved a little smile as he open his mouth, "What did Suho hyung do to deserve a woman like you, noona?" 

"Keep him self innocent for 23 years old of living?" She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter