Mikaela Wu

Friendship? Love? Which one?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2: Mikaela Wu

Mikaela's POV

Mikaela is the name that is given by my grandparents when I was born. It doesn't sound Korean isn't it? Well, apparently because my grandmother is not a korean citizen and adding to that, both of my parents lived in Canada ever since I was born. When I was 12 years old, my grandparents decided that one of us should started living with them in Korea in order to let us adjust with Korean culture, and that lucky person is my brother, Kevin Wu. Sure it is sad to be separated but at the end of the year every year I will go there together with my parents and celebrate New Year in Korea. 

Unfortunately, when I turn 16, my life turn upside down as both of my parents died, living me all alone in Canada. It's not their fault that they died of course. They were involved in an accident where an underage student was driving in drunk state and decided to crash into my parents car. I was there, at the back but nothing serious happen, except than the emotional trauma that I need to lived with for the rest of my life, at least that's what I thought. But no, when my brother heard of the accident, all of my family that lived in Korea decided to come and bring me home with them, but I rejected. I used to live in Canada and I don't want to live the place that I grow up. There's too many memories to be left, so I told them that I would be fine on my own and in order to help me, they insisted that they will support me financially until I made up my mind to move to Korea, which is never. During the first week after my parents was gone, my brother decided that he will stay behind until I feel better but it make me feel worse because he need to skip school for the whole week, so I told him that I don't want him there and wanted him to fly back to Korea. He insisted that if anything happen, even the smallest little thing I need to call him and he will fly back to me immediately, so with that I called him every night to report him my everyday life. 

That was my teenage life, when I was still in high school. Now, I'm 22 years old and I'm still working at the cafe I work after my parents death, and I'm still is the best barista they have ever had. Though, working at night and going to classes in the morning is usual thing to me but apparently not for my brother. He decided to come 'visiting' me one day, bringing the news that I wish was never there.

Few weeks ago...

{This happen before Kevin fly back to Korea}

I was surprised to see that my brother was there, in the house waiting for me when I get back from work. Sure enough he said he have a surprised for me last night but I didn't expect him to be here, in front of my eyes. 

"Kevinnn!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG ARE YOU FOR REAL?! I'M NOT DREAMING AREN'T I?"

"Urghhh my little sister is not that little anymore. Yes Mikaela, I'm real.. you are not dreaming. I'm here, in front of you..."

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Okay, sorry... cool down Mikaela... so, what's bring you here?No! How long will you stay? Please please be longggg pleaseeeee.."

No, I was devastated when he said he'll only be there for one night as he need to get back to Korea first thing tomorrow morning.

"B-but... you just came.. w-wh-why?? Why so short?"

"Awww come on baby girl, don't give me that face. Haelmoni and harabeoji send me here to tell you something. I can't be here for too long, there's no one to look after the company."

"If you came here just to tell me something, you should have just called, or Skype or anything. There's no use coming here but I can't even spend time with you. Wait, Kevin did you just came here because haelmoni and harabeoji asked you too?"

Ouch! That's hurt!

"What?! Of course not.. I missed my little sister okay and I offer myself to come to see you."

"So, what is it that you want to tell me that you can't tell through the air? Are you getting married? Huh-huh?"

"Mikaela..." 

This. Is. Not. Nice. Why? Kevin Wu sound too serious to be good.

"Kevin, don't talk to me in that tone. I don't like it, not a bit."

"No Mikaela, I ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter