Birthday Gift

Friendship? Love? Which one?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 16: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Mikaela woke up to the sound of people walking here and there around the house that morning. What's the fuss early in the morning.. aishhh, it's still early... why is everyone sound so busy? she mumble in her mind eventhough she still half awake. It's the day where she can sleep until noon and don't have to think about work, a.k.a it's her free day. When she's near to fall asleep again, someone had to just barge in into her room and that someone is her brother, Kevin.

"Wake up wake up sleeping beauty!" Kevin said, shouted and not enough with that, he purposely open the curtain so that his sister would go blind with the early light. Mikaela groan when the light hit straight to her face and she woke up with a gloomy mood. "Why are you here Kevin? Don't you have work today? Why are you disturbing my free day?" she asked, still asleep. 

"Nope, I'm free for today and I'm disturbing my little sister's free day because... it's her birthday." Upon hearing his answer, she immediately open her eyes just in time Kevin gave her morning birthday kisses. "Happy birthday princess! Wake up, today will be a long day for us" Kevin said enthusiastically. "Long day? Why?"

"Since this is the first time I'm gonna celebrate your birthday, and also haelmoni and harabeoji of course, they have decided to throw a not-so-small birthday party for you. So, you need to wake up now so that we can go out to buy your dress and also for you to choose your own birthday cake." Party?! What party?! "Kevin... I hate parties! No need for party, just buy me a cake and we ate it together, hmm?"

"Na-ah... I wish I can but this is haelmoni's command. Mikaela, you know how we never celebrate your birthday before.. every year I had to prevent haelmoni and harabeoji from flying to Canada because they said 'poor Mikaela she's on her own on her birthday..'. It's always you and yourself before, why not let us be a part of it this year, okay? It's hurt you know, knowing that you had your own birthday alone there while I can't do nothing except sending my wish through skype. Let just this year, okay?"

"But... I've used to spend it alone while working."

"Please... for haelmoni and harabeoji, please?" Kevin said while giving her pleading look. Mikaela hate party and she never celebrate her own birthday before. During her birthday, she would either be in class, or at work or alone, at home. There's no cake, no party and no dress. It's all simple. Even if there's cake, it would be from her classmates or her workmates and the cake would be just a small cake enough for 5 to 6 person to eat. Eventhough she didn't agree with all these party idea, she knew that there's no way she can break her haelmoni's command. 

"Alright, alright... but I want Kyungsoo's cake."

"Kyungsoo's cake it is then. I'll tell him while you, sleeping beauty are going to take your shower and get ready to go out okay. Now, shoo shoo."

Mikaela do her morning routine as usual and decided to just wear a casual shirt with her black jeans to go out. While Mikaela is getting ready in The Wu's mansion, other story is happening in The Kim's mansion.

"Kim Minseok, Kim Junmyeon, Kim Jongin you better get your asses up and come down here right now." Jonghyun called his sons early in the morning. Really, what's up with these people waking up early in the morning on their free time? Suho who had just finished doing his morning routine went to wake his brothers up.

"Hyung, wake up.. appa's calling for us. Jongin you too, wake up now..."

"Ahhh wae... it's still early and I don't have work today..."

"I don't have class today.. hyung just go alone and tell us later, hmmm?" Jongin and Minseok groans and mumbles things with their eyes still close. Before Suho could wake them up again, their mother burst into the room while nagging 'why are my pretty boys still asleep, it's not good for your health to sleep until noon' bla bla bla. Even Hyerim is a soft-hearted woman, when it comes to waking up the boys she would go to the extreme until they can't stand it and wake up on their own. For the best, they would prevent from hearing their mother nagging early in the morning and woke up in an instant when someone wake them up but that day is not the day. Jongin and Minseok wake up immediately once they heard their mother at the front door. Suho chuckles seeing them boys behaving like that. 

"Good, now since you have woke up go take your shower and come down immediately. Your father have things to discuss today. Shoo shoo." 

They went to take their shower while Suho followed Hyerim downstairs. "Oh Junmyeon, where's your brothers?" Jonghyun asked when he saw his second son walking downstairs. "They are still showering. Say, what do you want to discuss earlyin the morning appa?"

"Umm, let just wait for your brothers, okay?" Suho nodded. It is rare for The Kim's family to discuss something early in the morning and this terrify Suho a little. A few moments after, the other two boys came downstairs looking good and fresh after shower. They ate their breakfast calmly as usual and only after that their father open his mouth to discuss the said 'thing'.

"We have decided that you are going to meet your future wife today. Tonight to be exact. " The three boys who were still munching on their desserts choke the food right after their father said that. Jongin, who comes back to his right mind the fastest shrieked, "WHAT?!" the others were still shocked to even say a word and they let their youngest to talk for their part.

"Appa, can you repeat that again?" Jongin said, still not believing his father's word.

"You three are going to meet your future wife today, or tonight to be more precise. There's an event tonight and we are going to be there because we are the part of the event. So you guys better be ready with your suits, alright?"

"Wait, wait... appa.. tonight? We can't! We have to... we need to celebrate our friend's birthday tonight."

"Jongin-ah, just send that friend of yours your gift. They will understand." His mother said.

"No eomma, you need to understand. We, all of us need to be there. Junmyeon hyung need to be there."

"And why is that Jongin? May I know the reason why you need to be there? Why Junmyeon need to be there to be exact?" His father asked, furiously. Jongin gulp his saliva, not knowing what to say and not wanting to spill his brother's little secret. Out of nowhere, Junmyeon spill it. His own dirty little secret. 

"Because she's my girlfriend." Gasp. A louder gasp. 

"You... you have a girlfriend?!" His mother asked, still shocked with the news. They didn't expect this to be happen to their second son. Jongin, maybe. But not Junmyeon. They didn't expect Kim Junmyeon would be having a girlfriend behind their back, not that they mind but these three boys should know better the consequences of having a serious relationship with other girl that is not their parent's choices. 

"Kim Junmyeon, you should know better than to involve yourself in a serious relationship like this. Who is she?"

"Sorry eomma, I can't tell you. But please, can't you extend the date for the meeting, please?" he plead. Their mother could do nothing because it's not her power to control the date. It's Jonghyun's power.

"No, you guys need to be there tonight and you Kim Junmyeon, end your relationship with that girl of your this instant!" with his last word, Jonghyun went to his work room while Hyerim mouthed 'I'm sorry' before following her husband. Suho was shocked, he's out of word. He can't say anything with his father's last word. Break up? It's not thay easy he thought. He loves Mikaela whole-heartedly and breaking up with her on her own birthday is definitely not a right thing to do. It will never be a right thing. Both Jongin and Minseok couldn't say anything let it be to comfort or to advice Suho. After a few minutes of silence, Jongin made a plan. 

"Hyung, let just... let just proceed our plan to buy the suits today and we could discuss this again on our way there."

"There's nothing else to discuss, Jongin."

"Junmyeon-ah, don't give up easily. You don't have to break up with her today and... and we still can go to her party even for a short time."

"Don't you guys heard what appa said just now? He want me to break up with her, today. I should have known... no, I should have prepared for this. Hyung, what should I do?" Suho was so close to cry when Myungsoo came into the scene. "Suho-yah, my best advice is.. go see the others and discuss. Ask their opinion and I'm sure they have great ideas for this. I'll try to talk to uncle about this."

"Really?!" They said in unison. Myungsoo nodded and the three of them flew away to save Suho's relationship. "Tsk.. now where is my lovely uncle?" Myungsoo is one out of hundred people who can successfully console Jonghyun's in this state. Jonghyun loves Myungsoo just like his sons but the different is, his own sons could not talk back to him but Myungsoo can. Why? He himself didn't know. 

Mikaela was at the mall with Kevin when Kyungsoo called them. Kyungsoo called just to ask what kind of cake did she want but she said "whatever you think nice and delicious" to Kyungsoo. She believe in Kyungsoo. She believes that her manager could make an even better cake than any other cake shop. While both siblings were outside, looking for the suitable dress and suit, the party planner, Henry and Ryeowook are doing their best to make the event beautiful, while the two old people were keeping their eyes open for the event venue. This event need to be great for Mikaela. 

It took a few hours for Mikaela, no scratch that. It took hours for Kevin to find a suitable dress for Mikaela that followed his guidelines:

- Not too short

- Not too revealing

-Not too y

-Not too this and not too that. Mikaela feel like she brought an old granny instead of a 23-ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter