Tour around the house

Learn to love again

Surprised Zelo is surprised °^°


 

“I'm sorry, okay? I didn't plan it like that!”, I repeated for the umpteenth time as we brought our plates to the kitchen, but Zelo's face didn't show the tiniest bit of acceptance.

Jongup was just staring at him all the time and it was making me nervous, because the look in his eyes made it seem like he wanted to kill him on the spot. “And what's wrong with you?”, I eventually asked the brother-like guy, hugging him from behind.

Zelo raised an eyebrow as Jongup took my hands in his without changing his expression. “I just don't trust him, that's all.”

The tall young man snickered. “I wouldn't trust myself either, that makes us two then”, he mentioned. “But I have to admit I'm kind of curious: Who is he?” He pointed at Jongup, not wanting to talk to him directly. “I mean he doesn't look like your brother...your boyfriend?”

I sighed, there had been so many people who had assumed the same already, it wasn't a surprise anymore. We had clarified this a while ago: It was kind of like a Bromance between a boy and a girl. But maybe Zelo would listen to me if I made Jongup look like he had some kind of influence over the stick-figure's situation... “What if he was?”, I asked. Jongup turned his head with a frown in confusion and I tried to signalize him to play along, but it was too late – Zelo had already seen through my plan.

“So he's not”, he replied with a crooked grin and I nodded with a gloomy expression. “Okay, then let me ask another question: Why are you spending your time with someone like him? I mean, I can tell that he's not that rich. How did you guys meet?”

I decided that I shouldn't tell him everything in return for nothing. “Is this of interest to you?”, I repeated the words he had said to me quite a lot during our two meetings. “You'll have to tell me something about you too if you want to know something about me.”

A moment of hesitation. “Nah, my curiosity isn't that important”, he answered while taking out his phone with his bandaged hand. “It's 6pm already? How long have I been unconscious?”

I thought about it for a moment. “6pm? Euh... about five hours? Something like that... But you kicked me a lot in your sleep it was worse than when you are awake. Thank god Jongup was able to help me to keep you still.” I remembered something all of a sudden. “Oh, Oppa, don't you have to get to your next dance lesson?”

Jongup looked at his watch again. “Oh , you're right...Uhm...I...Well, see you then, princess”, he stuttered in sudden panic, putting on his shoes and giving me a good-bye hug. Before he left he walked up to Zelo and grabbed him by the collar. “And you won't do anything to her, understood?”

The tall boy showed him an evil smirk. “Woah, don't worry grape-head, it's not like I don't know what your princess can do to me. Just chill and go to your dance lesson, will ya?”

Jongup snorted, released him and only a few seconds later he was past the door and slammed it shut. Zelo cringed in pain as soon as he was out of sight. “Damn, that guy is dangerously strong for his height”, he hissed and I rolled with my eyes.

“The fact that he's shorter than you doesn't make him weak. I mean look at you: Tall as a skyscraper, thin as a sheet of paper. No wonder that you were pwned fighting against one of those guys from a week ago. How old are you by the way?”

“Hey, I wasn't pwned!”, he coughed in indignation. “You didn't even see him! He was a hulk, I swear! And I'm turning 18 in a few months.” That would make him my Oppa... I didn't want to call him that...I'd just call him Zelo, without honorific at the end.

“Yeah, right. Well, I should show you the house so that you'll find whatever you need. Follow me”, I changed the topic and walked out of the kitchen, crossing the living room to go upstairs again.

“Don't tell me I have to climb the stairs again? Oh come on!”, Zelo whined, but he tried to limp after me anyway. He was able to do it after only one minute this time and I was surprised at his endurance.

“Okay, the room you woke up in is my room. That one over there”, I pointed at the open room. There was my name written on the door and I hoped that he would learn it one day. “Then, to its right, there's my father's room. I bet you'll see him about 3 times during the two months you're here. Just remember that you shouldn't enter his room, because he's in some kind of bad mood then... Just... don't talk to him, that's the best way to keep your identity secret. The third room on this floor is my brother's room.”

Zelo frowned. “You have a brother after all? Why isn't he at home?”

I glanced at him for a split second. “Will you tell me something about one of your friends in return?”

He sighed in annoyance. “Do I have to pay for everything I ask? Fine, I'll tell you something about one person!”

“Good boy”, I whispered while patting his head, which was rather difficult because of his height. “My brother is studying in Japan at the moment. His name is Himchan and he is 8 years older than me. He'll come and visit soon, I'm looking forward to it, because I miss him. Is that enough information?” Zelo swayed his head a little before nodding in agreement. “Okay, next is the bathroom to the right. I guess you don't need an explanation for that, right? Then tell me something about your friend instead. Yongguk, was it? Who is he and why did you want to call him instead of me?”

My opponent scrunched his nose. “Why does it have to be him? Am I not allowed to choose?” He could see that I wouldn't change my mind and tried to negotiate. “Yongguk-hyung is a special friend. He's worth two questions about you!”

Zelo looked as if he regretted our deal now and I decided to give in this once. “Fine, two questions then. One was about my brother, what's with the second one?”

“Where does your mother live?”

I stiffened and walked down the stairs again to avoid looking him in the eyes. “She's not here anymore.”

“Where did she go?”, the other one asked while leaning over the banister with a painful wince.

“None of your business. She's just not here.” There was finally someone who wanted to know about her and yet I couldn't tell him? But there was a reason: I would cry if I did. And I figured that I didn't want to cry in front of the baby-faced stick-figure. “Now tell me about Yongguk.”

He limped down the stairs while explaining. “Yongguk-hyung is my very best friend. He's reliable and cares about me, just like a real brother. I'm living with him and his brother when I'm not chased by those creeps- don't touch me!”, he interrupted his short tale as he slapped away the hand I had offered him to help with the last steps.

I ignored his rejection. “So, your Yongguk is like Jongup to me, I guess. We have something in common then!” I tried to smile at him, wanting to be on good terms because we'd have to get along for the next...60 days.

, such a long time.

“I don't want to have something in common with you”, Zelo grumbled as he almost stumbled while avoiding another attempt of mine to help him. He was panting by now.

I bit my lip to suppress the sad feeling. I felt kind of disappointed, because, for a split second, he had shown interest in my family, just to give me his cold side again a moment later. What's wrong with that guy? As we were walking through the living room, I tried to maintain a blank expression. “I guess you know the living room by now. If you go left here, there are the guestrooms.” I opened one of the doors to show him. “That will be your room then. Go take a look at it.”

 

 

Zelo's POV

 

I didn't want to be here. Not at all. But I had to make the best out of my current situation. Think positive, right? I would have an extraordinary place to hide from the gang, I wouldn't have to run around with my injuries and – most importantly – I didn't have to pay anything for that except for a little bit of attention towards the girl. I should have been happy instead of gloomy, right?

But I hated being with that girl. I hated being with girls in general.

Always trying to get closer to you right before throwing you out again. But I have to admit, the way she responded to my question about her mother made me grow a little bit curious. What had happened? I wonder...

That's when she opened the door to my new room. Wait... was this really my room? Mine alone?! It was bigger than the living room in Yongguk-hyung's apartment! I managed to keep an unimpressed face for the moment, but...woah. There was a big and fluffy bed, a giant cupboard with some books inside and a small TV in the corner. My own TV? For real?! This wasn't a guestroom, this was luxury! “I guess you don't want to stay here, it's rather small compared to my room, but we don't have any other place for you to stay at-”

“N-No, it's alright. I mean it's awesome... So big...” I was too amazed to stay cold towards her now and cleared my throat when she glanced at me with a satisfied smile. “Well, it could have been bigger though”, I tried to add, wanting to hide my awe, but she had seen through my facade this time.

“I'm glad you like it”, she whispered and took a step back so that I could take a look around my room. “Our maid will come home soon to prepare dinner. I guess we'll eat at about 7pm. I'll leave you here for a moment to accustom yourself to the new space. See ya then.” And with these words, she really left.

I let myself sink to the bed. It was even fluffier than it had looked like at first glance. I leaned back until my head touched the soft pillow and took out my phone to take a picture.

To: Yongguk

I'm safe, but I won't make it home for the next days. Don't worry, I'm okay. Look, my bed is fluffy (\°^°/)”

 

My phone rang only a few seconds later to signalize that I had received a reply.

From: Yongguk

Where are you? Your bruised face looks terrible, go to the doctor.”

 

I snorted with a silent grin. It was so typical of him to scold me first.

It's not only my face. I think one of my ribs has at least a slight crack. But they'll take care of me here. I'll call you later.”

 

I just lay there for the time being with my eyes closed until the girl came back. “Zelo, time to eat. I have to introduce you to Hye-sun too, stand up.”

“Don't wanna”, I mumbled, but my stomach betrayed me, growling all of a sudden. I sat up and my hair blocked my view, making me look as if I had just woken up and the girl rushed towards me.

“Now don't make such a fuss. She hates it when I'm late for dinner”, she mumbled while starting to readjust my hair, making me flinch and denying her help again.

“Stop doing that. How many times do I have to tell you?”, I hissed, doing it myself. “You're so overprotective.” It wasn't that I didn't like to have some help offered, but I just didn't want to get closer to her because of those little things. I didn't want sympathy.

I thought I didn't need it at that time.

After a short problem that occurred as I stood up – my chest hurt so much, I swear – I managed to stand straight as we walked into the living room. A woman of maybe twenty-five years rushed from the kitchen to the living room's table and back again when she noticed me. “Unni, that is the servant I've been talking about. I hope you'll get along well”, the girl explained while the maid bowed.

“Pleased to meet you, my name is Hye-sun and I'm this house's main maid.”

I bowed my head in reply with a shy smile on my face. “You may call me Zelo. I hope you'll treat me well”, I mumbled as polite as possible while the girl made me sit down at the table. The scent of grilled meat reached my nostrils and my stomach grumbled once more.

The girl looked at me from the seat to my left as she noticed my hesitation. “Just eat, it's all for you.”

I looked down at my plate again. Salad, meat, rice. It looked so damn delicious! I my lips while putting a mixture of those three dishes in my mouth, enjoying the taste. I wanted to say something and reminded myself of swallowing before talking. Manners – I hated them. “Noona, this is awesome! It's delicious!”

Her face brightened up at my compliment. “Really? I made this for the first time, because I'm experimenting a little bit at the moment...” she glanced at the girl to my left.

“Why? You want to be a good cook for the baby?”, she asked the maid who bowed her head with a shy grin.

“There's still a lot to improve though...”

Wait, wait, wait. “What baby?”, I interrupted the two dames, making the maid – Hye...-sun, right? – bite her lower lip in shyness.

“I... I am expecting one. There's eight months to go...”

My jaw dropped open, the mask fell. “For real? How old are you?! You should be around twenty-five, right? Isn't that a little too early?”, I asked in confusion, making the girl to my left laugh out loud and Hye-sun run red.

The girl got herself together first. “Since when are you such a ladies' man? She is twenty-nine years old and she'll turn thirty in December. She's married too”, she explained, confusing me even more.

“She looks so young!”, I defended myself before stuffing the food in my mouth to drown my stupid comments. I had abandoned my coldness for a moment and that was not good. There was a reason why I tried to maintain it, but it was so difficult when being confronted with situations like these.

Hye-sun chuckled silently. “I don't get compliments that often”, she admitted and leaned over to the other girl. “I like him, be sure to keep him until I return, alright?”

I shot my prisoner a death glare and she stiffened almost not notable. “I don't know. I don't think he will be that much of a gentleman when it comes to me. He'll get boring after some time...”

The maid pouted. “But who is going compliment me then?”, she mumbled with a joking frown.

“Don't you have your husband?”, the girl retorted and they both started to chuckle while going back to eat their servings.

Thank god they had dropped the topic only a few seconds later to discuss the dinner of the next day. I was fine with anything, because I believed that no matter what that maid would be cooking, I'd like it. . Another woman that crossed my path.

And I seemed to be able to actually like her.

Why?! After all that had happened.

My life seemed to hate me.

 

 

 


 

 

I already have another chapter finished, but I don't know when I'll update again...Have some Zelo for now °^°

Feel my love!