You bet he deserves it

Learn to love again

Daehyun's POV

 

That poor girl. She had gotten herself some terrible servant. I had to talk to her about that now that I had evidence that Zelo wasn't good enough for her. Who would leave that angel to herself when she needed him? Heartless bastard.

But first, let's take care of her. Because that's the most important thing now. I can beat him up later, I thought while walking up to Soora.

“Soora-yah. Come on, get up and I'll take you home, okay?”, I said, carefully helping her to stand up before leading her towards the street's corner.

“Where's Zelo?”, she whispered, the words almost blending into each other as she was slurring a little. The sweat on her forehead signalized me that she had a fever.

“He didn't think it was necessary to take you home and said that you could wait a bit more”, I hissed in bitterness. She flinched as if my words were a punch in her face – he had really hurt her with that. I could see how much she trusted him after that single week they had spent together – it was still making me furious that he got the chance to live in her house – and it hurt to see how Zelo didn't care at least a bit.

“But I've got something to cheer you up!”, I tried my best to make her show me a grin. “Look, my new motorcycle! Jjajjang~”

Soora's eyes widened at the sight of the red and black beauty. She seemed to love it so much that she took out her phone and shot a photo. I had a look at it afterwards. She really captured it well, right?

 

 

I got my helmet and put it on. “Sorry, I only have one helmet with me, because I didn't expect someone to ride back home with me...Euh...It's better if you...hold on tight when we drive so that you won't feel the airstream as much, okay?” I sat down and she did as I had commanded, grabbing my jacket at the back while placing herself behind me on the motorcycle.

“What if I fall while you are driving?” I swallowed and chuckled shyly when she said that. She was sitting so close, I could feel her warmth and I knew that, if I hadn't worn that helmet, I swear she would have noticed the tips of my ears running red and would have teased me for the rest of my life. But she didn't and that was the one of the rare occasions when I was happy not to be noticed by her.

I turned my head to see her staring at me with wide eyes. She had always wanted to sit on this motorcycle and now she was scared. Something I liked and hated about her at the same time: She didn't ever think things through. Like for example the bike.

Or her servant.

“You won't fall off, I'm here for you. Just...hold on tight. Let's go then”, I stuttered and started the engine with a roar. Yup, my bike was the thing I was the most proud of at that moment.

Then, as soon as I accelerated, Soora seemed to notice that just grabbing the back of my jacket wasn't enough to resist the sudden speed and she wrapped her arms around my waist instead of the leathery fabric with a shriek, freezing me for a split second.

It had taken me a long time to have the courage to let her ride that motorcycle with me. I mean, come on, I knew how close Soora would be to me then and I didn't know if I could handle it, to be honest. When she wrapped her arms around my waist, I was very happy that she couldn't see my face once more. It was burning under the helmet and my heart beat furiously.

Do you know how much I'm thinking about what she says and how she reacts to what I say? Everything I do is completely planned to please her. I don't have to tell you how I feel about her, do I? I watched her carefully ever since we started talking during our entrance exams. Because I...I...

No, I'm not ready to say those words yet. But I'll have to as soon as possible, because that Zelo makes me be more determined when thinking about Soora. Even Jongup had noticed it by now...

However, I could feel that Soora adapted to the wind soon, because she started telling me how awesome it was even though she still seemed kind of scared – her grasp didn't loosen.

Not that I was bothered by it... Not at all...

But the way to her home was way too short for me, and just before we reached the big house, she tightened her grasp even more, resting her head on my back. I was lucky today. “Oppa, my head is hurting”, she whined as I slowed down the engine.

“Then you should go to bed and stay there until you feel better. You wouldn't have gone to school tomorrow anyway, right?”, I asked, knowing what her answer would be.

“Right. I'll just stay at home like every year”, she mumbled against my back and let her hands slide to the side, leaving my waist when I parked in front of the big entrance.

“Is there anyone at home?”, I wanted to know while getting off the motorcycle and helping Soora to do the same before taking off my helmet. She shook her head and started searching her handbag for the keys.

“There never is”, she mumbled, unlocking the door and turning around to give me a weak smile. “Well then, good-night. Sorry for the trouble-”

“No.”

 

 

Soora's POV

 

I looked at him in puzzlement, leaning at the door, seemingly casually, to fight another fit of dizziness. “What do you mean 'no'?”

Daehyun crossed his arms in front of his chest and stepped past me, into the house. “I say no. You won't apologize for something that didn't occur and I won't leave when you're home alone and sick on top. I'll stay.”

I blinked and tried to get what he was saying there. He'd stay. He'd stay because he didn't want me to be alone? “Uh...Th-thanks...”, I replied as a strange warmth filled my stomach. “But I don't need you to watch over me. I'll feel guilty then!”

“Wrong. You'll thank me for this later, I'm sure!”, Daehyun grinned sheepishly as he patted my head and made his way to the living room. I tried to follow him, tumbling a little, because I almost lost my balance.

“If you stay, then I'll just get you something to eat-”

“Wrong again”, my friend interrupted me with a sigh as he switched the light on. He then grabbed me by the shoulders and led me upstairs, guiding me towards my room. “I'll be the one making you some soup so that you won't get even sicker.” Daehyun sat me down on the bed and I opened and closed my mouth various times, wanting to say something, but I figured I didn't stand a chance when I was sick.

He scanned me from head to toe as I just sat there, staring at him in confusion. He had never been this dour when he wanted something, so it seemed like he wouldn't be convinced otherwise. Fine, then he should stay here, if he wanted to! Daehyun scratched the back of his head with a shy smirk. “You don't need it.”

My eyes widened and my reaction made him chuckle. “Huh?”

“That girly dress. It makes you look pretty, but I like your casual clothes more. You look more comfortable in them.” Since when did anyone compliment my boyish looks?! Okay, I'm sure it's the fever. I'm imagining this.

I lowered my gaze and played with my hands. “Zelo said I'd look less of a potato with that dress on...”, I mumbled in embarrassment, causing Daehyun to inhale in shock. Or anger? Or did he try not to laugh?

Po-ta-to?! Okay, he's going to be punched in the face when he gets back. Now change your clothes and lie down, I'll be back in about fifteen minutes...probably with some noodle soup.” He clicked with his tongue and went to leave, but I rose in a hurry. Bad idea.

“No! Zelo doesn't deserve to be punched!”, I shouted in shock, but Daehyun glanced at me once more, scowling the most evil scowl I've ever seen.

“He has done two unforgivable things today. You bet he deserves it”, he growled before sighing in a heartbreaking manner. “But you know what? Seeing how much you defend him hurts, to be honest. Open your eyes.” That said, he left for the kitchen and I could hear him hum a song while preparing the food downstairs.

Two unforgivable things? Why does he get so upset when I talk about Zelo? ...It hurts...? Do I talk about him that much?

Being immersed in my thoughts, I changed into a giant pullover and baggy pants, feeling much more comfortable all of a sudden. Still, when a wave of heat rushed up my body, I sat down and could feel the drops of sweat form on my forehead even though I felt as cold as ice only seconds later. I decided to just sit on the edge of my bed, waiting for Daehyun who came back after a few minutes with a tablet and a steaming bowl of noodles with a frown.

“Beds are there to lie in them, not to sit on them, you know?”, he uttered as he made me sit with my back against the wall so that I could balance the tablet on my legs.

I managed to smile. “Oh, really? Didn't know, smarty-pants.” He chuckled at my statement while taking the spoon he had brought with him out and putting some of the soup on it. It was my turn to frown when I got what he did. “You're not going to feed me, are you?”, I asked in wonder, but he just stared back at me blankly.

“Why not?”

“It's just...I...ah, nevermind...” Nobody had ever fed me, except for Mum and Himchan. Not even Jongup, at least if you didn't count that one time, he stuffed my mouth full with ice cream while we were watching a drama. “It's not like I broke my arm or something...”

Daehyun smiled brightly as he raised the spoon. “But you don't need to move if it's tiring. Now say 'Aaaah~'”, he commanded and I hesitantly opened my mouth, feeling the warm soup run down my throat. It felt good and it warmed my body on the inside.

Was it just the soup?

I'm sure it was... He just kept feeding me silently until I had finished the whole bowl and he took the tablet to my desk so that I could lie down. Daehyun then pulled the blanket over me, covering me with it and caressing my head to comfort me. “You feel better?” It was just like Himchan had done it once when I was little, nine years old maybe. It felt good.

“A little”, I mumbled with a yawn. It was still hot, but I had read once that you should sweat it out if it was a fever so I was trying to endure it. “Oppa?” My voice sounded as if I was drunk, but Daehyun didn't seem to notice it...or didn't show it to be exact. “Would you sing for me?”

I could imagine his frown even though I had closed my eyes, but he softly hummed some song I hadn't heard of until then after a few moments. It was a calm melody and I felt my eyelids becoming heavier and heavier, not being able to keep them open, even if I had wanted to. I loved the softness of his voice, it made me feel...at ease. Then, suddenly, a phone I recognized as Daehyun's started ringing and I was awake again.

He hurried out of the room and I heard him whisper as if he didn't want to wake me up. “Yeah, I'm with Soora. She doesn't feel too well...Yes, of course she ate...mhm...but I can't-...Fine, I'm on my way. Bye Mum.” When he came back into the room, he scratched the back of his head. “Sorry, my mother wants me to come back home now. School tomorrow... Will you be okay on your own?”

I nodded with a smile, since I was almost sleeping anyway. “Sure. Zelo should be home in a few hours too, so I won't be completely alone... Go so that you won't upset her. Say hello from me, will you?”

“As always”, he chuckled in reply as he put on his jacket and took the motorbike helmet with him. “Should I drop by after school tomorrow?”

I shook my head a little. “It's okay. Zelo will be here, you don't have to.” I noticed that I had named him twice in four sentences and Daehyun stiffened for a split second, just long enough for me to notice, as he turned to leave. I shouldn't mention him that often, Daehyun doesn't like him at all, I thought.

I didn't know he was jealous at that time. I didn't know a thing. But still... “Daehyun?”

He smiled when he heard me mumble his name. “Yeah?”

“It means a lot to me that you were here. Thank you.”

My friend chuckled in a good mood all of a sudden. “Everything for my princess. Sleep well, I'll text you tomorrow.” And then, he was gone. I heard him stomp down the stairs, even though he tried to be as silent as possible, but our wooden staircase was always very loud. My princess... Where did he get that nickname from? Only Jongup and Himchan are allowed to call me that, I thought with a pout as I turned around on the bed, facing the small nightstand to my left. There was my phone on it and I decided to have a look at it, because it was on silent mode.

I yawned, my head about to explode while checking for messages. There was a new one that had just been sent.

From: Zelo

I'm not coming home tonight, I'll stay at my house.

Somehow, I felt betrayed. I had taken him to that party to see what the rich world was like, of course he was allowed to stay away, but would have wanted him to at least come back to me when he was finished checking it out.

I wasn't the one to decide what he had to do though. Instead, I started wondering about the reasons for his decision. Why didn't he come home? Did something happen? Was he drunk? Did he meet the shady men that were chasing him?

I snorted and turned around once more. “I don't care. Go jump in a lake, stick-figure”, I mumbled in unhappiness when I yawned again, closing my eyes.

On the nightstand, the phone lit up once more, but I didn't notice it, because I had fallen asleep only seconds later. I wouldn't find out until the next day.

New message: Zelo

So that you don't have to stay up to open the door for me later.

 


I'm so sorry I give you so much Daehyun when this is actually a Zelo story, but it's all going as planned, I promise! °^°"
I hope you still like it though ^^"

Exams are over :D ...until 21st of November. Meh.

I'll try to update soon, but I can't guarantee anything :3

And of course a warm welcome to all teh new subscribers~~

 

~Kirin