The bad side

Learn to love again

The air seemed to be thicker after the news of Junhong's arrival had spread. Almost sizzling from the tension. We were waiting for the guards to get their “prey” to the storehouse and the many gang-members were impatiently moving around. Those ten, maybe fifteen, minutes were the longest of my life. I was scared. Almost panicking. They had caught Junhong. He had come here, fighting his own fears for me.

“I hate you”, I whispered, but Sleepy didn't really care and shrugged indifferently, hands still buried in his jacket's pockets.

“You're not the first to tell me that.”

“I was told nightmares weren't real.”

There was a faint flicker in his eyes that seemed to be pain, his body tensing up before he inhaled deeply. “They are. I've been living in one, lady.”

There was something to that statement that made me curious about Sleepy. What had his life been like before he had formed the organization? The reason why he had done so? “You...decided to become the nightmare yourself?”, I asked carefully, but not careful enough since his eyes narrowed, glaring at me for a split second.

“Kind of.” When the big gate opened, I rushed to my feet, taking a step in its direction, but Sleepy's arm wrapped around me from behind, slightly pressing against my throat. The panic from when Suga had cornered me in the small room flooded my mind again and I stared at Sleepy with wide eyes who just smirked without a trace of uncertainty on his face. “Go get my other half”, he ordered and a tall man of maybe twenty-six years left with a bow. I directed my attention towards the main entrance. There was a bulk of four people coming in: one of them walked ahead of the other two that were keeping the fourth person in check.

“Junhong”, I breathed, wanting to take another step, but Sleepy's arm held me back like a chain.

“Don't rush everything, lady”, he purred dangerously before directing his gaze towards the captive, raising his voice. “Yo Junhong! Long time no see!”

It was only then that the Untouchables who tried to hold him down let him look up. His face was bruised, blood to be found on his cheeks and flowing from his lower lip. He looked horrible. But what was worse was the way his expression changed once he grasped the situation. His eyes glared at Sleepy before recognizing me and growing anxious, slowing down his tries to escape from his guards' grasps. Then his gaze ran over the big hall, taking in the number of Untouchables before stopping on Sleepy again, looking as if he was about to murder him. Then I figured that his eyes didn't lie. He actually wouldn't even hesitate if he had the chance to kill Sleepy.

“Come here and fight me, you cowardly !”, Junhong screamed without holding back and I flinched at his pained voice and choice of words. “Taking her was too much! It was too much, okay?! Take me, but leave her alone!”

Again I felt myself crying. There's still hope. Daehyun's still going to the police, remember?, I tried to remind myself, but the present situation couldn't be seen in any positive way. “J-jun....” I couldn't talk anymore when Sleepy released me from his grasp – I was too focused on walking towards Junhong.

“Soora!”, he exclaimed, trying to break free again. “Soora, I'm so sorry!” The gang-members slowly let go of Junhong when Sleepy gave them the sign to, observing the scene with some strange glint in his eyes. It was amusement.

Junhong ran towards me, forgetting about the leader of the gang for the moment. His body crashed against mine, arms wrapping around me when I clutched at his leather jacket, burying my face in his chest. Sobs were shaking my body and Junhong tried to pull me even closer. “Soora, it's okay, I'm here! They won't hurt you anymore, it's-”

“Stop”, I sobbed.

“It's fine, I'll fix this and then you will be free again and-”

“They lied to you.” I gathered all my strength to look up at him, noticing that he was crying too, looking at me in confusion and surprise. “Don't lie to yourself too, Junhong.”

“No, Soora, I'll get you out of here and then it will be fine, I promise.” He repeated the last two words again as if they were actually a wish that might come true. I promise, I promise...

I watched with fear when I noticed how some of the Untouchables got closer, step by step, threatening to tear us apart. My voice became urgent. “Listen, there's nothing left. Nothing, Junhong, they-”

“My, what a heartfelt reunion”, Sleepy's voice cut me off like a growl and I spun around in shock, still holding on to Junhong's jacket, knuckles turning white.

“What do you mean, Soora?”, Junhong asked, but I couldn't reply as Sleepy uttered a quiet: “Take her away” and the organization's members nodded, grabbing Junhong and me to separate us from the other.

“Junhong! They will kill you!”

His body was dragged away from me and our eyes met. “I know.”

No, you don't understand! It's all been a lie! One big, fat lie that-” My words were muffled by a hand that was pressed against my mouth and I met Hoseok's cold eyes when I looked up in fear.

“Soora!”, Junhong screamed, fighting against his captors and sending one or two of them to the ground with powerful kicks, but it was of no use. There were just too many of them. After a short time, they had brought Junhong to his knees and I couldn't do anything but watch when Sleepy crouched down to look at him, blocking my view.

“Now look at that, you hurt our poor little Junhongie”, he whined playfully, grabbing the younger's brown hair before punching him himself. “But well, I guess he deserved it.”

“Just let her go. I don't care about myself”, he hissed, causing Sleepy to raise an eyebrow.

“Aren't you scared?”

Junhong hissed before trying to catch a glimpse of me over Sleepy's shoulder. “You know my answer.”

“But you said you didn't have a girl you cared about, did you?”, Sleepy stated sheepishly, stepping aside so that Junhong's and my eyes could meet again. “Yet here you are, begging me to let her go. Strange, isn't it?” The complete indifference of Sleepy's whispering voice was terrifying. I'd rather have had him shout in anger. He was like a bomb that could explode at any time.

“Uh, boss?”, someone shouted from afar, but Sleepy glared at him to make him shut up.

“Strange indeed”, Junhong muttered, trying to keep calm without much success. “But that's the way love is, Sleepy.” My heart stopped, when I saw Junhong's sincere eyes staring up at Sleepy. It was the truth. He was talking about his feelings for me and meant it.

“Don't act like you know something I don't”, the leader growled and I squinnied. Sleepy sounded just like before when he had told me that his life had been a nightmare. It sounded somewhat...hurt? Junhong was provoking him, but he couldn't care less and shrugged.

“I'm just telling you because you really don't seem to know what loving someone means.”

The sudden sound of Sleepy's foot meeting Junhong's stomach made me flinch. “You mean you do? You're not much different from me, you know that.” The second leader, The Action, stepped into the hall, taking in the scenery with a satisfied smirk. His mirth however seemed to fade away when he saw Sleepy who had clenched his hands to fists. I tried to find Youngjae in the crowd of Untouchables and found him frowning at his leader too, obviously a bit surprised at the conversation Junhong and Sleepy were having.

After a few coughs that pulled my attention back to Junhong, said boy shook the hair out of his eyes and looked at me before directing his gaze towards Sleepy again. “I was given the chance to learn it. That's what makes me different.” There was something Junhong knew about Sleepy that the others didn't, because his words seemed to provoke his opponent a lot more than they should normally have.

A few moments of silence passed and the Untouchables grew impatient, the one from before speaking up again. “Boss, I think you should know-”

“Shut up!”, Sleepy snapped, still staring at Junhong and surprising everybody as he let his poker face crack for a second. “You know nothing.” The fact that he then turned to me made me even more anxious. “Guys.”

Hoseok's hand was removed from my mouth and the words burst from my mouth. “Junhong, you don't have any more debts! They were- ugh!” A fist punched my stomach, but there were too many hands around me to identify the culprit. It was the exact same spot where Sleepy had kicked me before and I wheezed, sinking down on my knees by reflex.

“Soora!” Junhong's voice cracked in despair. A slap. Another punch. They weren't powerful enough to make me lose my consciousness, but my body felt like it was burning. They let go of me then and I didn't notice it at first, but after a loud click I realized that Sleepy was pointing a gun at me. A small, black gun. “Soora, no! Let her go! Just let her go, please!”, Junhong screamed over and over again, but the blood rushing through my ears caused it all to become some annoying noise.

Sleepy's voice became dull and his words confused me even more. “You know, Junhong, you remind me of myself in so many-”

“Stop!”, a deep voice ordered.

And then it became silent.

I was lying on the ground, groaning in pain as I slowly opened my eyes to take the scene in. Junhong was sobbing on the ground, eyes clenched shut as if nothing would happen if he couldn't see it. Sleepy would have broken him if it hadn't been for the second leader, because The Action was standing next to Sleepy, a hand on his shoulder as if to calm him down. Sleepy had been affected be Junhong's words before. “Keep your together, idiot”, the second leader uttered furiously before letting his gaze wander, raising his voice. “We heard that the police is on its way here. Five small cars, one van. We have seven minutes left.” The silence and the shocked faces I could observe raised my spirits even if it was just a bit.

Sleepy seemed to have regained his calm attitude and brushed his gang-mate's hand off his shoulder while tightening his grasp around the gun. “Why didn't anybody tell me?”

“You were busy holding a grudge”, The Action replied coldly. “They tried – you wouldn't listen.”

Sleepy hissed, directing his gaze towards the tall brown-haired boy on the ground. “Junhong, you tattled? You got your police-friends here?”

He let out a short “maybe” after calming down as he crawled towards me only to be pulled back by the Untouchables again. “Soora, I'm sorry”, was all he could whisper before Sleepy spoke up again.

“Fine. We'll hide for now. No traces must be left for them. Don't get caught or we've got a severe problem! If they don't see us we're cool.” His voice echoed from the high walls and everybody started moving immediately, but I could see that they weren't used to this situation. There had never been any officers near their hideout, it seemed. Until now that is.

I looked up at Sleepy who eyed Junhong in disgust. “I should have killed you back then, when nobody knew about your pitiful existence, kid.”

“Junhong. Don't keep being their toy. They lied to you for too long!”, I mumbled, blinking the tears out of my eyes and he frowned at me.

“Right. You said so before.” He than turned towards Sleepy and The Action again, most of the other Untouchables leaving the hall in a hurry. “What was that thing about my debts?”

“Too bad, we can't kill him now that he caught on...It would leave stains on the ground”, Sleepy muttered while his pitch black gun, but other than that, the two men kept quiet.

“Tell me. Now.”

The Action then decided to answer with a shrug. “I believe you heard your girlfriend.”

The emotions that were showing on Junhong's face then gave away that he didn't quite understand it. Maybe he hadn't heard it all? “Junhong, you've been free for a long time”, I whispered, but before any of us could say something else, I was dragged behind one of the left-over containers by Sleepy while The Action kept Junhong behind another container in the middle of the hall. His grasp looked safer than a pair of iron handcuffs and I was sure that Junhong's wrists would be bruised once the man let go. Some Untouchables stayed behind, like Kookie who hid behind our container as well, eyes big as he examined me and Junhong in shock. Too young. God, nobody should have to see this.

“Don't you dare make a sound. Neither of you”, Sleepy growled, pointing his gun at my head again and I froze in shock. I could actually die here. I thought they'd just hurt me and then let me go to live in fear, but they could end it now. All Sleepy had to do was pull that ridiculously tiny trigger. I wouldn't make a sound for sure.

The hall had been cleared in less than five minutes and we sat in silence, waiting behind the containers until we could hear the sound of a horn on the outside. It didn't take them long to storm into the storehouse; they were about ten armed police officers. My view was still blurred by my tears, but I could see that they were a bit surprised that no one was there and looked at each other. Two of them stepped forward, but turned around when they didn't spot us in the dark shadows of the containers.

After whispering a few commands to their teammates outside, the officers relaxed and took a few steps back again. I swallowed as the realization sank in. They would leave. Since there was nothing suspicious about the big building they would just leave. I stared at Junhong who looked at me with the same recognition in his eyes. The gun's cold material was slightly touching my temple and I squeezed my eyes shut. I had to do something. I would have to make a sound. I had to draw their attention back to the containers and-

There was a quiet thud.

Then another one.

Steps were shuffling across the gray concrete.

I glanced at Sleepy again, whose eyes were searching for the person responsible for the sound as the policemen turned around with their guns raised towards it. The Action looked just as confused, trying to find the source of the steps that were echoing from the walls.

“We're here”, a voice uttered loud and clear for everybody to hear and my heart stopped for a second. A familiar voice. Suddenly, the weight of Sleepy pressing against me was lifted and I used that short moment to turn around and catch a glimpse of the scene.

The person had his hands raised as if to surrender and walked up to the people from the police without any fear. The officers nodded, ordering the guy to speak, but just when he was about to say something, a loud explosion to my right caused me to shriek. I wheeled around to find Sleepy pointing his gun somewhere at the entrance and my heart stopped as I returned my gaze to the person who had stepped out of his hiding place. He was cringing on the ground, pressing his hands against his side.

My hands came up to my mouth in shock, voice merely a whisper and I could hear Kookie swallow next to me. “Oh my god, Youngjae.”


 

Now I hope this isn't too confusing for you! ó.ò So basically what happened is: The police has come and Youngjae was about to tattle...yeah xD

The next chapter will be clearing up everything and then maybe I'll write a short chapter about what happens to everybody afterwards, what do you think? Do you want to read that sequel stuff? Maybe? o3o