Again

Learn to love again

 

 

“Why are you with them? Why this organization?!”

“Yah, you don't know how hard it was to become a mem-”

“I trusted you, you bastard!”, I repeated myself, this time with more confidence, but also with more panic. If he was a part of these s, how could he still look me in the eyes as if nothing was wrong? “How could you lie to me?! Lie to Daehyun?”

Youngjae sat down on the gray concrete. “I admit I didn't tell him the truth.” He held up his phone, where some messages could be seen. “But looks like we've got something in common there, right? Two-timing with Zelo, is that true?”

I tried to catch my breath. This was too much. I had been kidnapped. Half of Zelo's life had been a lie. Youngjae was a traitor. He knew about what had happened before I got dragged here. What was there more to come? “I didn't do it on purpose”, I justified myself and Youngjae shrugged.

“I think that doesn't make a difference anymore.”

“That's not true, it's different.” I forced myself to breathe in and out again, voice quiet. “How is he doing?”

“He's a wreck. But I wouldn't have found out about you taking care of Junhong if it wasn't for him.”

“You've been using him for something like that? You're heartless.”

“It's all about the connections.” Youngjae pouted, leaning against one of the containers between me and the door. “At least I had the decency to wait until his heart was broken before I told the boss. I didn't want to take you away from him as long as he was happy, you know?”

“What a generous person you are”, I retorted, voice dripping with irony. “The whole police-thing was a lie? Everything you told me on Friday?” Youngjae bit his lower lip and glanced at the door for a split second and after a moment of silence he nodded slowly. “So those new friends you were hanging out with-”

“-were my gang mates, yes”, he finished my sentence for me, glancing at the apple he was still holding in his hand with a sigh. He then came closer, making sure that I couldn't kick him from that angle as he held the apple in front of my mouth. “Here, eat something.”

I turned away in disgust. “I don't take food from traitors.”

Youngjae hissed, running his free hand through his hair. He couldn't look me in the eyes, he felt uneasy. “The longer you resist, the worse it will get. I could do anything to you as long as I'm alone with you, but I won't, okay?” His voice was dark when he dared to glance at me. “I won't hurt you, Soora.”

“Why not? You don't care anyway, do you?” I knew I was challenging him to hurt me, which was a big mistake, but much to my surprise he shook his head, expression unreadable.

“I'm different from them. I know you and I know you won't surrender anyway. It sounds stupid, I know, but do me a favor and eat just this once. Be glad that I'm your guard and not Suga-hyung. You've been unconscious for four hours and I might have a guilty conscience. This whole thing will be over in less than 24 hours anyway.”

“Oh, so you do have a conscience? What a surprise. It's too late to be kind now, Yoo Youngjae”, I growled, still not wanting to take a bite of the fruit in front of me. My opponent sighed once more, his lips as he retreated, biting into the apple himself.

“You think Junhong will come here within 24 hours?”, I asked with a raised eyebrow. He would never do anything without a plan, right? Youngjae glanced at something in the top corner of the room, his voice merely a whisper as he turned away from the corner he'd been looking at.

“You should actually pray that he doesn't come here during that time. But yes. I promise.” I frowned and followed his gaze into the corner. The walls were quite high and in the shadows somewhere up there, I could see a tiny red light that was blinking. A camera?

Youngjae sat down again, observing me silently and I swallowed, remaining silent for twenty minutes. Then, I heard footsteps again and stared at the entrance until a young boy appeared, probably even younger than me. “Yo, Kookie, what's up?”

He his lips nervously glancing at me for a split second as if I was a wild animal that would kill him if it had the chance to. Well, maybe I would. “H-hi, Hyung...Uhm, they told me to take over, you can go get some r-rest, if you want to”, the boy stuttered. He sounded very nice and judged by the way he behaved, he didn't really fit in that damned organization.

Youngjae smirked at him. “I told you to just call me Jae, don't be so formal.” There was a rare glint of warmth in his eyes as he talked to the guy he had called Kookie before. “But it's alright, I'll stay here. You still have some homework to do, right?”

Kookie scratched the back of his head with a shrug. “Well, I don't seem to get it though. I guess I just won't do it and drop out.” I frowned at the casual conversation they were having and was even more confused when Youngjae clicked his tongue with a disapproving glint in his eyes.

“I won't allow you to drop out. Go get the stuff, I'll help you”, he replied and the boy's expression brightened as he nodded, leaving immediately.

“You're teaching him?”, I asked with a raised eyebrow and Youngjae turned towards me as if he had forgotten I was there for a moment.

Jungkook's too young for this organization. He still has a lot to learn.” Look at him, trying to act like a big brother. The guy I once called my friend leaned back. “Believe it or not, but we're taking care of each other here.”

“Why do you care about shady gang-members, but not about your friends?” Again, Youngjae's gaze flickered and I figured that he felt guilty, he really did. Then why did he work with those damn crooks?

“Let's just say I'm...ambitious. I can gain a lot by being here”, was all he said when Jungkook got back and they really worked on the young boy's homework. Since I had nothing to do, I listened to them and observed them carefully. Youngjae's indifferent, cool attitude was gone and he did his best to explain everything to Jungkook, who was listening attentively. They really were like brothers, I couldn't believe they formed part of the biggest underground organization.

My wrists began to hurt behind my back and I was worn out. There was too much for me to handle at the moment. If only I could tell Junhong that his debts were payed off. If only I could call Daehyun to tell him I'm sorry. I didn't care about what would happen to me at that moment, I just wanted to clear up all the misunderstandings – the lies that had been told. But there was no way for me to do this.

After Jungkook had left, another long silence emitted and I felt my throat dry up slowly. Youngjae was typing on his phone and I could only imagine who it was. “Please cheer him up somehow. Daehyun, I mean”, I whispered and Youngjae looked up.

“I'm trying, but it'll take some time.”

I decided to change the topic, not wanting to think about Daehyun and what I had done to him right now. “Is there really nothing left for Junhong to pay?”, I asked quietly.

Youngjae sighed with a nod. “That's the way we work here. We manipulate people until they are no longer of any use to us. Your stick-figure has reached the end. He won't stand a chance against us if he comes here to save you.”

You should actually pray that he doesn't come here during that time. My throat hurt as I swallowed and whispered: “You're going to kill him?”

My opponent his lips, staring at the camera in the top right corner. “Not right away. Sleepy- I mean, Boss liked that boy, he'll take his time with him. He's been watching him for ten years after all.”

“So you think torturing him is better than killing him at once?”

Youngjae didn't look at me like a kid that was caught doing something wrong. “It would be better for the two of you.”

“I don't get why torturing Junhong should help me. Your personality is just as rotten as Sleepy's, I'm disappointed”, I spat out, feeling how my breath quickened again at the thought of Junhong being killed by those wicked men. “I still can't believe you're working with them.”

“I know, right?” Youngjae's eyes sparkled for a moment before he concealed it again and I just didn't know what to think of him anymore. All I could ask myself was: Why? He stepped closer again, one hand on the back of my chair as he bent down to stare into my face. “Listen to me.” I frowned, but glared back as he took a deep breath, voice urging. I could hear silent footsteps from the corridor, but was too focused on Youngjae. “The longer he's alive, the more time you'll have to-”

“Has that brat calmed down?”, a voice I identified with Suga could be heard from the entrance and Youngjae's breath hitched, his body freezing just long enough for me to notice. What did he want to tell me? Why had he sounded kind of desperate? I could only frown at his behavior. The more time I'll have for what? “Boss is coming in a minute.” Suga didn't seem to notice the moment of hesitation when Youngjae turned around only a split second too late, his face masking his feelings as always while his hand was still resting on the back of my chair. He was a complete mystery, I couldn't read him at all.

“She's kinda unpredictable to me”, he replied, sounding bored.

Suga snorted and I glanced past Youngjae to see the former leaning against the door frame, hands in his pockets. “She's just dumb, that's it. Such a pretty face can't be intelligent.” I was about to make a sassy comment about that when Youngjae's hand squeezed my shoulder, his head shaking without attracting attention.

What's with that guy, I thought before raising an eyebrow and taking a deep breath. “Well, you are neither handsome nor intelligent, maybe I got your share.” Youngjae glanced back at me with a sigh while Suga's eyes narrowed.

“Step aside, Jae. You don't know how to make people shut up yet, do you?” Youngjae bit his lower lip and shook his head, causing Suga to smirk. “Then let me teach you.”

But as Suga got closer and pulled his lighter from his pocket, Youngjae didn't step aside. I shivered at its sight, remembering how close the flame had been to my face before. “You mustn't hurt her face.”

“Oh, talking back already? I'm your Hyung, know your place, newbie.”

Still, my former friend didn't move. It was the first time I was thankful for what he did. I didn't want Suga to get close to me anymore. “Boss is coming, you said so yourself. I know you won't hold back once you start, I've heard enough.” The two guys kept staring at each other in silence for ten more seconds until I could hear more footsteps, this time combined with silent whispers.

Suga growled before leaning against the wall next to me, looking at me. “Count yourself lucky this time.” I breathed out in relief, just to swallow again when Sleepy stepped into the room, five more people in tow. This time the second leader hadn't come along; Sleepy really seemed to be better when it came to discussions and it was only then that I noticed how tall he was, maybe as tall as Junhong. My heart ached at the thought of Junhong. It was a roller coaster of emotions, I felt myself grow tired with every minute I was tied to that damn metal chair.

“My, my, look at our lady”, Sleepy purred, snapping his fingers and everybody gathered at the walls. Youngjae did the same, leaning against the containers with his arms crossed in front of his chest and I sighed. “Have you calmed down?”

I glared at Sleepy, trying to untie my hands once more. There was no way I could do that on my own. “Will you tell me what you want if I say yes?”

“I told you you were our leverage, didn't I?”, the Untouchables' leader shrugged, but I raised an eyebrow.

“It might sound self-centered but I'm worth more than being a bait for your defective toys. You know who I am.” Suga clicked his tongue and raised an eyebrow, but was silenced by Sleepy's glance before he could even say anything. So Suga really does obey sometimes. I didn't like that guy at all.

“You're such a clever girl, Kim Soora.” The leader's voice contained a new sort of growl, a mischievous one, and I shivered while swallowing. “You being the daughter of the well-known Mister Kim is just an extra, though a good one. Your father's company helps us gain some extra cash, did I tell you that?”

“I wouldn't say they are giving the cargo to you voluntarily, thieves”, I mentioned, ignoring the beating of my heart as I leaned back. “So, spit it out, Sleepy. What are you going to do to me?” Sleepy shushed me and shook his head.

“Slow down a bit, lady. Curiosity killed the cat.”

“But satisfaction brought it back”, I retorted, causing him to snort in amusement.

“You know what? I like you a lot, Kim Soora.” He stepped closer, squatting down in front of me and resting his arms on my knees as his pensive eyes searched mine. “I'll make an offer, just for you.” There was a glint of curiosity to them too and I felt as if they were hypnotizing me. He was too close for me to feel comfortable, but I decided not to try kicking him. He'd just make me wait again and I wanted the answers now. I nodded, encouraging him to keep talking and he grinned, which made him look very young. How old was he in the first place?

“I could let you go. Right now. We would set you free and you could go wherever you want to. But there are two conditions.” Let me go? Why would he? I swallowed, not daring to break the eye-contact. “The first is: You make Junhong come here anyway.”

I pressed my lips together. “I won't let you kill him.”

“Hear me out. I won't kill him, but I want to...see...him one last time.” I was being very careful, because I knew they'd beat him up. But he won't die, Soora. “Concerning the second condition, it's quite simple...” I frowned and he knew that I was interested when he smirked.

 

“In exchange for Junhong's freedom, I want you to join us.”

 

 

Junhong's POV

 

 

Two full days since I had seen her. Two full days since I had heard anything from her. Soora wasn't texting me and I didn't find the courage to either.

Two days were a long time when you were spending them in your room, thinking about nothing but that one girl. I was still confused about what had happened between us. I had kissed her in the heat of the moment, regretting my decision right away, but then, she had sort of given in. My fingers went up to touch my lips for the umpteenth time. Jongup had warned me about not confusing her and now I ended up confusing myself, it was ironic. Jongup would probably kill me for what I had done.

I knew it was wrong. I knew Soora and I couldn't work out, no matter what her feelings for me were. I was being chased and her father was another problem. It was so hopless that I decided to move to some far away place. Flee from the Untouchables, flee from Soora. I had to do it like that or I would never be able to forget her. And it was the best for her to forget me too.

Still, I couldn't stop wondering how she was feeling right now. What she was thinking. Had she told anyone? She was the type to keep quiet about what was bothering her, right? Then maybe nobody knew, not even Daehyun or Jongup. “I should call Jongup. I'll clear up what I've done before going.” I swallowed, unable to laugh at the fact that I was talking to myself. Yongguk-hyung wasn't there to scold me either, he had to work twice as much since I had lost my part-time job a few months ago.

I bit my lower lip and dialed Jongup's number, waiting for him to pick up. It took him longer than usual and I figured that he was probably working, just like hyung. Not everybody is as lazy as you, they've got stuff to do...

I heard a familiar click and swallowed once more. “Hey.”

Hey?!”, Jongup shouted, his voice almost cracking and I flinched, forcing myself to keep holding the phone to my ear. “After what you've done you're saying 'hey'?!

I swallowed. Of course Soora had run to him right away, what did I even expect. Okay, that made things difficult. “Right, well, uhm...If you're busy at work, I'll call again late-”

“I was just finished for the day. I heard about everything! You piece of crap, why did you go that far?! I told you not to confuse her!” God, he was really mad, I didn't think he could sound that pissed.

“I didn't mean to, it was...an accident?”, I tried to justify myself, but it was a really lame excuse and I kept talking so that he wouldn't interrupt me again. “I need Daehyun's phone number to set things straight, so could you please tell me-”

“The hell I'll do”, Jongup growled. “She doesn't even know how to face Daehyun because you couldn't stay away from her!”

I sighed, positioning my wounded hand on my lap so that it wouldn't hurt as much. “That's why I'm going to talk to Daehyun about this matter. I'm responsible for what happened, I will apologize and then I'll go away; disappear.” I didn't know how I'd ever be able to forget Soora, but I didn't want her to be this torn apart. And I didn't want her to have to lie to her – I hated to say it – boyfriend. “Just do me this last favor and give me his number, will you? I won't ever ask you anything again, I promise.” My eyes were squeezed shut as I was waiting for his reply, but after a few more seconds, I realized that he had simply ended the call.

I snorted in frustration, inhaling through my clenched teeth when suddenly, a new message from Jongup popped up, showing me a map of our city and I exhaled when I saw the red circle he had drawn around a certain spot.

Go to him and talk it out in person. I might not kill you then. He hates discussing on the phone. And what do you mean by disappearing?

“I mean exactly that”, I mumbled before standing up to look at the clock. Monday, 7.30pm. Surely he wouldn't mind if I went to Daehyun's house this late, right? He'd have to deal with it, I wouldn't get a moment of sleep if I didn't talk about it now. The earlier I tell him, the earlier I can leave.

Yet, it was already too late at that time.

I didn't know Daehyun had found out already. I didn't know Soora was neither with him nor at home.

Again I was the reason for other people suffering.

Again it was my fault.

 

 


theeere you go, what do you think? I just can't hate Youngjae, he's so kind with Kookie, but he's just so....arghjdiksl .___."

I really hate it when there are two characters and they don't know what's happening to the other ;_; Poor Junhong, he's so optimistic right now D:

Thanks for all the subscriptions and comments <3