Hakuna Matata anyone?

Learn to love again

 

Okay, I really did look terrible. Zelo had done a good job ignoring that face, with smudged eyeliner and swollen red eyes...It looked disastrous. I spent about 15 minutes to get it all off my face, leaving me without any make-up and since I was too lazy, I didn't put on something new. My phone buzzed and I received a message from Daehyun.

Everything alright? I can come by if you want to.

I caught myself smiling a little bit at the warmth he was offering me all the time. “He's like Jin when I was little”, I mumbled while typing a reply.

I'm fine, thanks.

I took a look at my watch and it showed me 5pm at that moment. This day seemed so long every time I had to go through it and I sighed in dissatisfaction while walking back into my room.

I jerked when I saw Zelo sitting on my bed with the book he had been reading before. “What's that?”, I asked, causing him to glance at me from across the room.

“It's your own book and you don't recognize it? I don't know, I just started reading it while you were sleeping and it's kind of interesting...euh...Intrigue and Love, that's what it's called.”

“Ah, that one. My friend gave it to me a while ago, but I didn't read it. I'm more of a movie-watcher, you know?” An idea popped up in my head and I took out my phone again. “Speaking of it, do you want to watch a movie? Like the Lion King, it's my favorite one.” I wanted to distract myself once more to make this day end already.

To: Daehyun and Jongup

Hakuna Matata anyone?

“Sure, why not? I have seen it a long time ago, when I was still-... However, I don't really remember it”, stick-figure replied with a shrug and put the book away to stand up.

Daehyun: “I'll be right there! °^°

Jongup: “That's not fair, I'm not in town at the moment ;A;

I made my way towards the living room. “Daehyun will come over too”, I stated as I looked through our DVD-shelf to get the right one out. “He's been worrying the whole day.”

I glanced at Zelo just to see him raise an eyebrow. “Are you very down on the day your Mom died?” I swallowed and he snorted with a smirk. “If I was like that whenever I remembered a sad day of my life, I'd be down all the time.” He nudged my side. “Try to act normal, it will only get worse if you cry. Plus, you cried already, now at least show me a smile, huh?”

I stopped looking for the DVD for a second, avoiding Zelo's gaze, but after a few seconds, I glanced up just to find him stare at me. I flinched and kept looking through the shelf without a word. Still, I could feel his eyes burn into my head until I found the little box and took it to the DVD-Player. “Thanks”, I mumbled.

“What's there to thank me for?” Zelo's voice sounded a little bored now and I could see him following me in the TV's reflection, his hands loosely crossed behind his head.

“You listened. And you're trying to cheer me up. But I don't need you to pity me.”

“That's it? And don't worry, it's no pity. It's just that if you weren't happy you'd shout at me and I hate being shouted at, you know?” I had to snort in amusement while walking into the kitchen to look for some popcorn in the shelf. There was none. Meh... “Still, smiling would be better than thanking me. Try it, it's easy, look.”

I sighed and looked at Zelo, who was grinning a little and he managed to make the corners of my mouth lift a little, too. I don't know, I just thought that he should get what he wanted after having to see me cry like a mad person.

“See? Smiling is not that hard, is it? And it makes you feel better”, he said with a smile and I knew he was being serious. It was hard to believe that the cold stick-figure was actually showing some kind of kindness, but he did and we stared at each other for a few more seconds, when suddenly, the doorbell rang. Zelo's eyes narrowed and he glanced at the point where he expected the door to be.

I snorted and walked up to the door when my pretended servant didn't move the tiniest bit and opened it. Daehyun was smiling at me as if he wanted to defeat the shining sun and held up the bags in his hands. “I brought popcorn!”, he stated proudly and I couldn't help smiling as I waved him inside. Now there was popcorn.

“You're an idiot, but I appreciate it.” That's when Zelo shuffled across the floor, looking from me to Daehyun and back again.

“Heol, you managed to make her smile after I had so much work to make her grin a bit for me?”, he asked with pretended disappointment and Daehyun raised an eyebrow.

“Jealous?”

“No way.”

I frowned at their conversation. What the hell were they actually trying to tell each other? “Right, know your place”, Daehyun continued, but Zelo still had his counterargument.

“You're the one to talk, mister pink-hair”, he mumbled, leaving Daehyun completely thunderstruck, as he went into the living room.

My friend looked angry, but I decided to stop this conversation now. “Dae-oppa, you remember what I told you when we were talking about my servant, right?”, I reminded him of what I had told him – that I liked Zelo for his secrets and for the way he was...different.

“Sure”, he hissed with a pout and sat down on the sofa, as far away from Zelo as possible. I rolled with my eyes and made the popcorn Daehyun had brought along.

Thank god people stay quiet when watching movies, because I think otherwise, one of the two guys would have killed the other when he had the chance to. Calling themselves grown-ups, sure.

I don't know about you, but I love watching other peoples' reactions when watching a movie I already know. I glanced around when Mufasa died and it was kind of interesting to see that both, Zelo and Daehyun, looked as if they were about to cry. That's kind of cute, I thought with a smile and returned to watching the lions on screen.

After a short time of singing along with Hakuna Matata and after the movie had ended, I stretched my back and let it creak. Daehyun did the same and looked at his watch. “Oh , I'm late. I had to walk Mocha half an hour ago”, he stated in shock and with wide eyes, causing me to shoot him a glare.

“You came without thinking about that? You know your Mom is going to kill you for that, right?”, I replied and I could watch the panic spread on my friend's face that was telling me to help him. I sighed. Telling me I'd never think things through and then this. Idiot. “Wait, I'll answer when she calls, apologizing for taking your time. It will be less bad then, right?”

“You'd do that?”, Daehyun asked, relief in his eyes and as his phone rang right on cue and he passed the device to me.

I accepted the call and held the phone at my ear. “Ahjumma~?”, I asked as cute as possible, which wasn't very much. “Daehyun's currently...on the toilet. Is everything alright?”

Daehyun's Mom stayed quiet for a few seconds, because it wasn't her son on the phone. “Oh, Soora...uhm...” She sounded surprised. “It's just that he should have walked Mocha half an hour ago and he's still not here. Could you tell him to come back?” I glanced at Daehyun who had cocked his ears to get what his mother was talking about.

“Ah, that's my fault. I didn't feel well today and Dae-oppa stopped by to take care of me. Sorry, ahjumma! I'll send him back, he didn't do anything wrong, so don't blame him please?”

“Yeah, okay. Just see that he's back as soon as possible. Are you feeling better now?”

Daehyun sighed in relief and I winked at him with a smile. “Yes, only because he was there. He cheered me up and made me feel a lot better. I'll tell him to go home now, see you soon~!”

“Okay, thanks, Soora. Bye bye~”

And I hung up. “You're safe”, I stated with a grin and Daehyun almost immediately hugged me as a sign of his thankfulness. “But you better go now or you're dead meat, I guess.”

He started, stood up and raced through our living room, putting on his shoes in a hurry and running out of the house to his motorcycle. “You don't know how thankful I am, Soora!”, he shouted. “Sorry for leaving so abruptly!”

“Don't apologize, I was the one who made you come here after all”, I laughed in return and waved at him as a good-bye, watching him until he rounded the corner and I couldn't see him anymore. “Dae-oppa really is dumb”, I chuckled when I noticed that there had been a third person watching the movie with us. Where's Zelo?

I walked back into the living room with a frown, spotting the stick-figure in the armchair, fast asleep. He had fallen asleep during a Disney movie? Who was he, my Dad? Unforgivable. I'd have to make him watch more of those with me to make him get used to it... Wait, Soora, he's not going to be here forever. Why does it matter? He'll be gone in a few weeks anyway. “Zelo-yah”, I whispered, reaching out with my hand to make him wake up, but hesitated when Zelo tucked up his legs to sleep in a more comfortable position, a smile playing around the corners of his mouth.

Okay, he had carried me all the way home today, maybe he deserved a rest. He looked so peaceful and absolutely not as rough as he actually was. What has happened to him? Now that I opened up about my mother's past, can I ask him about his? I decided to do so on Friday, at the orphanage. Even if he didn't want to go, I would just to find out since when he had called that place his shelter. Maybe I should ask the kids there...

“Soora?”, I heard Hye-sun's voice in the corridor and I walked up to her, signalizing her to speak quietly, because of Zelo and she understood. “I'll make dinner now, okay?”

I nodded and after about half an hour, there was food on our table and I woke Zelo up by lightly shaking his body. “Stick-figure, come eat something.”

“Five more minutes”, he complained, covering his face with a pillow, but I took it away from him again.

“You can go to bed after eating, but you should eat something, okay? Come on”, I grabbed him by the wrists and pulled him to his feed until he was standing in front of me like a yawning and squinnying giant baby. “See? It's not that difficult.”

We ate quietly, Zelo almost falling asleep if I didn't poke him every once in a while. He even refrained from having jelly for dessert – he had to be really tired. Hye-sun wished him a good-night and waited until he had closed his door to look at me again. “How was your day? Everything alright?”

“Yeah, I think so. Dae-oppa and Zelo did a good job distracting me”, I answered with a weak smile and I recalled what Zelo had said earlier. “See? Smiling is not that hard, is it? And it makes you feel better.” I have to admit that he's right.

However, it was finally late enough for me to go to bed and to let this day end. I went upstairs, changed into my pajamas and let myself fall on my bed. The worst day of the year had become a little less bad today, thanks to the many distractions I had. I recalled all the events that had taken place in one day and it was pretty much, I figured.

First, my fever had gone down, I didn't feel sick at all now.

Then, we had encountered the evil people that were chasing Zelo, escaping into a dark alley.

After my short unconsciousness, I told him everything about my mother. And he really seemed to understand me.

Last but not least, I watched a movie with Dae-oppa and Zelo.

Today was a good day, the fact that my Mom had died on this day a few years ago aside. If only it was the same next year.

 

But Zelo won't be here next year. Right?

 

 


I guess this is some sort of filler, I'm really sorry, I just have to get to the orphanage soon or I'll be writing this story forever xD

I'm sorry for not updating for such a long time, I hope you udnerstand that I'm busy with my exams. Please be patient, I think it'll be easier to write after this...nondescript chapter ^^"

It's getting cold here in Germany, make sure you always dress warmly, okay~~?

Kirin~