You're welcome.

Learn to love again

 

Jongup's POV

 

“What do you mean 'he left'?!”, I screamed into my phone, but thankfully, she hadn't been calling and couldn't hear me. I had spent about a day, trying to accept the fact that Soora would go out with that shady rascal and now it wasn't even the case?! I mean, the way he had talked about her and the other way round, it was obvious that there would be something happening between them. Am I the only one? I don't think so!

I bit my lip to calm down and massaged my temples. “Okay, Jongup, think. Why would he leave after telling me about his feelings? Why me anyway?” Did he confess and she rejected him? “That might have happened.” Did he chicken out? “Maybe, but why should he?”

I decided to just ask him. I had to find him, because this game of push and pull was really getting on my nerves. I dialed his number on my phone, waiting for what seemed like forever until he accepted the call. I didn't expect him to do so, why would that guy even talk to me, the best friend of the girl he had just left alone? There's no way- “Yo Jongjong. Are y'alright?”, he slurred and I took a deep breath. Something was definitely wrong.

“Yah, Zelo, where the are you?”

“Dragonman, where else?”

Dragonman? I think I might've heard that name before...Isn't it a bar or a club? “Why are you there?”

“Duuude, I just woke up and have to drink something, text ya later, byyyee.”

“Wait, why-” Beep. I stared at my phone in disbelief, grinding my teeth as I sent a text to Daehyun. He was the one who had informed me about Soora not being at school after all, he should take care of her. “The Dragonman, you say? Then so be it.”

 

I was wondering why Zelo was in a club that was definitely not made for people under the age of 18 and neither did I know why he would be there at nine in the morning, but at least I knew the place. It took me some time to get there, but when I finally entered the building, I spotted him right away: a giant body with long arms and legs, half-sitting, half-lying on the counter. “Zelo-yah!”, I shouted, since there was no one else around except for two ladies on a nearby sofa, fast asleep. The stick-figure's fingers twitched and I walked up to him, who glanced at me with empty eyes.

“Oh, look who's here. Jooongup!”, he mumbled more or less clearly.

I grabbed his shoulder to shake his body. “Hey, you know this is no place for you. Soora doesn't seem to feel that well, you should-”

He pushed my arm away and stood up straight, staring down at me while wavering a bit and his voice was dead serious. “Don't.”

“Excuse me?”, I asked, my forehead wrinkled.

“Don't say it.”

My confusion grew with each second, but I had to concentrate. “Yesterday it was all about Soora, what is-”

“I told you not to say it!”, he exclaimed all of a sudden and banged his fist on the counter, causing me to flinch in surprise.

The man who was cleaning in the back frowned at me. “You! Deal with this outside, I just cleaned up the ground!” I rolled with my eyes, but grabbed the younger, but taller, male by the collar to drag him out of the club. It was good to do so, the bar-keeper didn't necessarily need to know about Zelo's lack of interpersonal skills.

We rounded the corner and I pushed him against the wall with one hand. He reeked of alcohol and I put on a disgusted face. “How did this happen?”, I asked, glaring at him.

“Nothing happened...”, he replied evasively, not daring to look me in the eye.

“Don't give me that . Why is Soora-”

“You had three warnings”, he hissed before punching my stomach with his left hand. And damn, it was a strong left hand. I wheezed before managing to grasp his words. “Don't talk about her. You should get away from her. She's not worth thinking about her. She's a devil. She is...She is-” Alright, that was enough. I hauled off and my knuckles met his jaw. I then pinned him against the wall with both of my hands, which was a great performance, considering that he was taller by maybe fifteen centimeters, by the way.

“What the is wrong with you!?”, I shouted. He didn't expect me to fight back, it seemed, but he yanked his knee up to injure my stomach again.

“Shut up and leave me alone!”, he screamed furiously. Wow, he really knew how to fight, no matter how drunk he was.

“Don't give me that .” I shifted a little, ignoring the pain coming from my belly as I pressed him against the wall with my whole body, making it impossible for him to move. “What kind of teenager would talk about the love of his life, go home and then show up at a club, drinking all night? That's something grown-ups do, but why you?”

His tensed up muscles relaxed as he stared at me fixedly. “I am a grown up”, Zelo mumbled, but the fact that I had just overwhelmed him seemed to extract all the energy from his body.

“I expected you to do better than that.”

He tried to punch my chest again, but it was nothing more than a nudge. He was drunk after all, you can't expect him to have the fight of the century in that condition. His head sunk down on my shoulder and his hands clutched at my leather jacket as he repeated the same sentence again. “I am a grown up. I am...”

His sudden change of behavior caused me to show mercy. He really was pitiful. “Alright, Zelo. Let's go home, huh?”, I suggested and he looked at me with wide eyes.

“I can't go back to her! I won't!”
“Ah”, I uttered in confusion. “I was talking about my home. There's a bus stop, just around the corner. Come on, you'll sober up and then we can talk normally again, okay?” I didn't know why I was taking care of him. Maybe it was the fact that he reminded me of myself, back when I had abandoned Soora, too. But I couldn't stop wondering why he'd do that in the first place.

“Yeah...That'd be a good...” He didn't finish the sentence, but decided to crumple instead and I had to use all of my strength so that he wouldn't fall to the ground.

“Great”, I hissed. “Now I have to carry a parcel on top of that.”

 

 

Zelo's POV

 

My head was hurting. Pounding. It hurt so bad. But not half as much as my heart. I felt sick as I dared to open my eyes. I had expected thousands of sun rays to pierce my retina, but much to my surprise, it was rather dark where I was lying. “What?”, I uttered. Well, at least I tried to make it sound like a word, but it was just some sort of groan when it reached my ears.

“Oh, you're awake?”, a familiar voice asked and images flashed in my mind. Images of me standing with my back facing a wall, a purple head of hair in front of me.

“Jong...up?” This time, the groans were actual words.

“Sure. Who else would come to your rescue when you're in need?”, the man replied sarcastically.

“Someone who cares?”, I retorted. I managed to turn my head, pressing a hand against my aching forehead and could finally see Jongup leaning against his fridge, arms crossed in front of his chest.

“Drink some water. It will help with the headache”, he stated as if he hadn't heard me while I was already reaching out to the glass situated next to me. “This doesn't make sense. You. Your behavior. I don't understand it.”

“Tell me if you're able to make sense out of this”, I mumbled. “I don't know either.” Another moment of silence surrounded us as I took out my phone. I should ask Yongguk. “Mind if I call someone?”, was my question, but he just shrugged and turned around to get himself some coffee. Beep. Beep.

Junhong?” The deep voice made me relax again.

“Hyung”, I mumbled with a hoarse voice. “I might've gotten myself into trouble.”

Yongguk took a sharp breath. “Unotuchables? How can I help? Did something-

“No it's not about them.” I glanced at Jongup who pretended not to listen, but he was frowning, probably trying to grasp the topic I was referring to. “It's about her.”

Her? What do you mean? ...No way, did something happen to that girl? Soora? Junhong, is she injured?

“She's not”, I snorted.

A confused pause appeared. “Then...what's going on?

“Well, I...” I shot another glance at Jongup, who was now directly staring at me from his chair and I had to swallow. “I think I might have fallen for her.”

You...what?” Yongguk really did seem confused. “I...told you not to trust anyone easily, didn't I? You should-

“That's not my biggest problem though”, I interrupted him again and took a deep breath, knowing that Jongup, rocking his chair back and forth, was dying to get to know it all. He'd probably know it already, who was I to make a fuss about it. “She kind of broke my heart without even knowing about my feelings.”

So... Your life's not in danger? You're neither at the hospital nor at the police station, right?

I swallowed again. “I'm dead serious. No, I'm not in danger, but I feel like...I...” My free hand clenched around the spot where my heart was aching. “Sorry, it was unnecessary to call. I'll tell you once I get back. And I promise I will, today. Wait for me?”

Okay, now he really didn't know what to say anymore. He was probably surprised by the fact that I talked about something as pathetic as my feelings. He'd never expect that, especially not when I was in danger because of the Untouchables. “Junhong, I...I'm sorry for you, but... O-okay, alright. See you later. Tell me whatever you have to, got it?

“Sure. Sorry to have bothered you. Bye Hyung.”

No probs, little one.” And as I pressed the red button to hang up, I felt like a teenager for the first time in forever. A normal teenager, whose biggest problem was a broken heart. Too bad there were some criminals lurking in the shadows at the same time.

“Your heart got broken? How'd she do it, not knowing about your side of the story?”, Jongup asked curiously, pulling me out of the vortex of emotions I was about to drown in.

“Don't act like you didn't know. I bet you knew it already when I was here yesterday, right?”, I hissed, but his frown made me think about it again. “Wait, you really thought she'd think about my confession if she heard it?”

Jongup nodded, his eyebrows almost kissing as his frown deepened. “If you didn't confess or even talk to her...how did she break your heart...?”

My mouth fell ajar. So she hadn't even told him? “She has another one.” I felt weak all of a sudden, but found solace in Jongup's widening eyes. My voice was nothing but a whisper. “Rainbow-man.”

He almost choked on his own spit. “Daehyun?!” I nodded. “Jung Daehyun and Soora are dating?!” I shrugged.

“Who cares now, anyway? It's not me and that's all I need to know.”

“Well, I care about that a lot!”, he exclaimed. “How come you think so, did you see anything?!”

My heart clenched again and I gritted my teeth. “He kissed her and she didn't do anything against it. If that's not an evidence, I don't know what is.”

“Oh ”, was all my opponent uttered as he leaned back in his chair, running his hands through his hair. He then glanced at me from the corners of his eyes.

“Did you see it coming?”

“I'm sorry. Really sorry. I didn't think she'd see him that way. Dude, I never thought he'd have the guts to do anything anyway!”

“So you saw it coming?”, I asked again.

“If I saw it? The question should be who didn't! He stuck to her like a dog.”

“Guess you're right...” My attempt to chuckle at that comparison was stuck in my throat and I cleared it several times so that my voice wouldn't shake. “I should... I should get going. I mean...” I managed to stand straight and took a few steps under the other male's narrowed eyes.

“So, you'll just leave it at that? Walk away? Turn your back like a coward?”

His words struck something in my heart, but I calmed down, biting my lower lip instead of making a sassy remark. “I need time. Hell, I don't know what I'll do!”, I exclaimed, just to flinch at the pain in my head. Okay, that was too much alcohol. I continued more quietly. “I'll just go for now. Since you...picked me up today, I... I mean, you didn't have to and...I don't really care, but I mean...You kind of helped me and I...uhm...”

“You're welcome.” My gaze met his eyes and I could see a warm smile there. He really meant it. There were some who were upright after all. “I'll contact you when I hear something.”

I nodded, lowering my gaze again. “Okay.”

“Just don't expect me to pick you up every time you get drunk, okay?”

Now I really had to chuckle. “Yeah, sure. See ya, Jongup-hyung.”

I didn't realize it until I had left the apartment, but I had just called him my hyung. You're definitely an idiot for opening up to almost-strangers, Choi Junhong. Nothing but a fool in love.

 


Soooorry, no update since....well, it's been a long time xDD

At the moment, I just don't know how to write on. I know where the story should go, but I just can't seem to express what I want, let alone create the right atmosphere.

I hope you're still with me, I'm trying hard to keep updating, okay? ;_;

 

Also, I got accepted into university and will study Korean soon <3 I'm going to move in a month, my best friend is going to China for a year and my sister will come back from Japan in two weeks! That's what's going on in my life at the moment, which is why I don't always have the time to write something....yup...

Well, please enjoy and have a nice day <3