Lies

Learn to love again

Zelo's POV

 

There was a strange throbbing in my head as I ran. They were right behind me, hunting me, chasing me. Wanting something I didn't have. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't hide. Then there was a dead end. “Well, what now?”, one of them growled with a dangerous smirk on his face as he got closer.

I pressed myself against the wall, thinking that they might go away if I became one with the bricks that were drilling into my back. Meanwhile, the throbbing in my head grew stronger. The man raised his hand, his amusement never fading from his dirty face. “Your journey ends here, little one.” And with these words, he snapped with his fingers. A giant black hole opened in the ground and that's when I fell.

Deeper and deeper... I tried to free myself from this endless fall, struggling, kicking and searching for something to hold on to.

Jongup, help me!, someone shouted and I tried to find out where the voice had come from, but there was nothing but darkness surrounding me. It was a girl's voice. Zelo, can you hear me?

I can! Then, in the blink of an eye, everything turned bright and I had to close my eyes tightly to avoid being blinded. I had stopped falling, but something was pressing my wrists to the fluffy ground I was lying on. I heard another voice. A male one. “Would you just keep still?!”

I made sure I wouldn't burn my eyes while slowly opening them and spotted a purple head of hair right in front of my own face. His hands encircled my wrists to control my movements and I stopped almost immediately.

“Where am I? Who are you?”, I asked and was surprised at my own voice that was merely a croak.

“You're in my room.” I turned my head when the female voice sounded again. There was that rich girl. Didn't she come after the gang had beaten me up? The throbbing became less after a few seconds and I remembered. I had called the wrong person to help me. Why did I even save her as a contact, I was so stupid! She was one of the last people I wanted to meet now.

 

End of POV

 

 

Zelo sighed he seemed annoyed even though he should have been glad that I had saved him. “Why did you come?”

What? After the hardships I had suffered, THAT was his first reaction?! “Maybe because you needed me?”, I answered with a snort. “Do you know how hard it was to keep you still? I had to call Jongup to help me!”

Zelo looked at his wrists that were held down by my friend before looking at him directly. “Yeah, you don't...need to anymore. So...could you please release my hands?” Jongup glanced at me, I rolled with my eyes with a nod to signalize him that it was okay and he did as Zelo had asked. The brown-haired giant sat up on the spot, rubbing his head. He didn't seem to have realized that his body was covered with bandages and band-aids until then and he frowned. “What's with all that taking care of me?”, he grumbled, trying to stand up.

I had to support his body as he stumbled a few steps before losing his balance. “You're too weak to walk. Now just sit down and rest for a while!”, I ordered, noticing Jongup's disappointed expression.

“So, that's him? That's the guy you were worried about? Looks like some normal thug to me. Maybe a bit too young...”

Zelo spun around to glare at him. “Watch your mouth, who are you calling a thug, Grape-head?”, he growled.

“I'm calling you a thug, stick-figure”, Jongup shot back on the spot and I had to step between them to make them stop.

“Shut up! Both of you!” I turned towards Zelo. “You! You should show more respect towards the person that helped me to take care of you! I won't let you insult him like that again or I'll let him break your bones.” I glanced at Jongup. “And you won't insult him either. He's wounded and I want to help him in some way, because I feel like he needs me at the moment.”

Silence surrounded us for a short moment as Jongup lowered his gaze while biting his lower lip. Then, Zelo chuckled silently. “Dude, she's really mad at you”, he whispered making my friend glare at him once more, but he tried to restrain himself, I could see it. Zelo let his gaze wander around my room. “Well then, girl-”
“It's Soora.”

He ignored it. Once again. “Now that you've 'rescued' me” he motioned quotation marks “what are you planning to do? Will you take me to the police station? Will you let me go until I call you again, thinking I'd really call you the next time? I won't mistake your number for Yongguk-hyung's again, you know?”

Making me pissed again. I didn't know why I was even helping him! Zelo tried to stand up again and a pained expression showed on his face for a split second. Well, I guess that's why I did: His condition was just too bad for me to ignore it. “I have no intention of pulling you out of a bush again, don't worry”, I answered with a hiss, knowing that I'd give in if he begged me to. Damn that giant heart of mine. “But I'll keep my word, because I always keep it. And now shut up and wait here. I asked Jongmin to get me some soup for you and he's already in a bad mood so don't you dare rejecting this offer, got it?”

“Woah, girl. That's not part of our deal. You said I'd receive your help if I called you. Let's assume that I actually did call you on purpose – which I didn't – then all you have to do is help me as long as I say I need you, right? Eating some kind of soup wasn't part of the deal and with these words I want to declare that I don't want your help anymore!”

He walked out of my room and assumed that he had to go downstairs to get out of my house, but he stumbled, falling to his knees again. He started to whimper; a sound that was breaking my heart. I went after him and Jongup followed me with a look as miserable as sin. I felt sorry for both, the stick-figure and my Jongup, but I couldn't send either of them away. One needed me and I needed the other one.

“Maybe you don't want my help, but you really need it. I don't think that you'd even get out of my house in that condition...”, I mumbled and glanced at Jongup for a second making him smile with the following: “Do you think he'd even find the door?”

“I don't think so. He'd end up in the guestroom with respiratory troubles”, my companion replied with an evil smirk.

Zelo clutched at the staircase's banister and drew himself up. “Haha, that was funny. Now shut up, Grape-head.”

“Miss Soora? The soup's ready!”, Jongmin shouted from downstairs and I thanked him, offering Zelo my hand.

“Now don't behave like a barbarian, take my hand and follow me downstairs, would you? The soup is the best, I love that one”, I suggested and smiled at him who was biting his lower lip to suppress his pain. I could see in his eyes that I had won, his confidence had cracked and eventually faded as I mentioned the food again. He reached out for my hand and enclosed it with his slim fingers, squeezing it with every step we took.

I'd never have thought that it could take me two minutes to take 17 steps, but hey, I couldn't blame him. Jongup had overtaken us after a few seconds and I was more than sure that he didn't like Zelo at all. I couldn't blame him either, but my heart was too big to send the injured boy away, no matter how much of a pest he was. When we finally sat down at the table, Jongmin sighed and gave the three of us a bowl each.

I gave him an apologizing smile and I had just started to hand out the soup when the front door opened. Since when did our front door open at that time of the day? I stared at the door to our corridor, but I couldn't see who it was until he walked in.

.

It was my Dad. My “I'm-never-at-home-dad” came back NOW? I glanced at Zelo for a split second. I need an excuse...think about it! Anything will do! A classmate? No, he was too shabby to go to my school. A friend of Jongup? No, the purple-haired would never play along. A long lost cousin?! As if...

“Hello Jongup”, he greeted my friend who bowed his head. Then, Dad realized that he didn't know Zelo. “Soora, who is that boy?”

“U-uhm. He i-...is...my. Euh...”, I stuttered. Zelo had turned around and his eyes had widened when he spotted the fancy suit on the rather old man. He could almost guess how influential he was just by looking at him, I think. However, nobody seemed to know how to explain the situation without getting me or Zelo into trouble. I mean, Dad would be really mad if he found out I picked up injured strangers from the street, right?

Jongmin straightened his back and cleared his throat. “We picked him up at the park-” He was about to tell the real story?!

“He's my new servant!”, I shouted, causing everyone to become silent for a moment.

Dad frowned. “I can't remember making a contract for someone who looked like him. Why and since when is he your servant?”

I searched for reasons until I finally thought of one, but Zelo tried to get in my way. “I'm sorry for intruding, Sir. I didn't mean to break this house's peace. I'll...I'll just go then”, he said, wanting to leave, but as he was standing there he was swaying like a skyscraper during a hurricane.

I spoke up. “Well, Dad, you're always saying that I should take more responsibility over my life, r-right? I was feeling kind of lonely with Jongup-oppa not being able to be around me all the time... Which is why I decided to look for another companion. I just did what you told me to do.”

Zelo interfered again. I was impressed at how polite he could be and as I glanced at Jongup I could see that he was thinking the same. “I think there is a misunderstanding-”

Dad sighed, making Zelo stop with one wave of his hand. “Soora, don't you know that those people get expensive after some time-”

“H-he won't be paid with money!”, I interrupted him. The money, of course. It's not that we had too few of it, but Dad had always been greedy. “All he needs is a bed and food and I'll get his undivided attention in return. Sounds like a good deal, doesn't it? Oh, Daddy, please!” I pouted and tried to imitate Jongup-oppa's puppy eyes. And once again, I could see the confidence crack in my opponent's eyes.

Zelo had finally understood that it was the best for him to keep quiet, because it would be rather hard to explain his real situation when he didn't even tell me as his 'employer' about it. Jongup snorted and took a spoonful of the steaming soup, not wanting to contradict me. Good boy.

Dad sighed once more. “Fine. Young man”, he turned towards Zelo again who was standing there, holding on to his chair so that he wouldn't collapse. “What is your name?”

“I-It's Zelo...Sir”, the other one replied with a stutter.

“Ze-...lo?”, Dad repeated slowly and I nodded in agreement.

“I named him Zelo because it's easier to remember than his original name. It's too complicated to remember, which is why I gave him a nickname.”

“A-Ah, I see. Why are you wounded...Zelo?”

Zelo glanced at me, scrunching his nose before showing an embarrassed smile. “It appears that I accidentally tripped on the stairs while Miss-” He had to think for a second and panic showed on his face as he tried to remember my name. “while the young lady was showing me the house. It won't happen again though, I promise.” Woah, he is such a good liar! And he still didn't memorize my name...

My father replied with a slow nod before glancing at the clock on our wall. “Oh, damn, I have to get those samples and drive back to work as fast as possible! Jongmin, you'll drive me back! Soora won't need you at the moment since she has company. Let's go!”, he ordered while running upstairs and back down again. Thank god for making my Dad such a busy man! “See you, honey. I'll be back in a few days, promise!”

“Yeah, fine. Bye dad...”, I mumbled as the door was already slammed shut.

Zelo turned his head towards me with the most evil glare I should ever see. His inferior acting had vanished, there was nothing but anger left. “Are you ing kidding me, girl?!”, he almost shouted and I glared back.

“What is it? Should I have introduced you as the guy who is always running from some creepy guys? The guy I know you as? You should rather thank me!”

Thank you?” Zelo snorted as he couldn't believe it. “Ridiculous! Now I'm stuck with you and Grape-man over there? Forever?! Just...Just fire me or something like that, I won't stay here with you for an unknown amount of days!”

Jongup raised his head and bit his lower lip to restrain himself. “Listen, stick-figure, I don't like this either, but we have another problem: once Soora has said something, you're not allowed to disagree and she's known for never changing her mind. Her father knows that too and he won't believe the story she just made up if you leave right after she put up a show to 'keep' you. I don't want her to get into trouble and she doesn't want the same for you, which is why we both have to endure this now.” I shrunk on my seat as the two guys started discussing about how to deal with my lie. I should have told the truth, because Zelo would never behave like a servant. I was quite sure of it.

Meanwhile, Jongup interrupted Zelo for the umpteenth time: “Let's just do it this way:” The purple-haired boy leaned closer and pointed at Zelo. “You'll pretend to be her servant for...let's say two months. She'll then tell her father that she's tired of you and you'll be free again. A shorter period of time would only make him suspicious. Now? What do you say?”

I knew it was the best choice and yet, I didn't really want to spend my time with Zelo, no matter how worried I was about him. I have been so stupid, really. But he won't accept that offer anyway, right? I have to think of something else- “Deal.”

“What?”, I shrieked and stared at Zelo who was looking at Jongup.

“Two months. Not a single day longer.” He sighed. “I guess you know her best so I'll just serve the sentence until I'm free again.” I was still staring at Zelo in confusion and he finally noticed it. “What is it, girl? Surprised? Don't worry, I won't disgrace you, but I won't spoil you either. It'll be alright as long as I get food. All I need is a place where those guys from our first meeting won't find me.”

Jongup cleared his throat and drew himself up. “Well, Zelo” He emphasized the nickname. “I guess you'll have to learn our names then. I'll repeat them for you: Mine is Jongup and hers is-”

“What for?” Zelo raised an eyebrow, showing a blank expression. “You'll be the Grape-head and she'll be the girl or, as the case may be, the “Young miss” while being with her friends. Now, girl, I was about to eat my soup. Could you just let me continue please? Thanks”, he said with an ironic sound in his voice as he sat down again and started to eat the soup.

Still, I didn't want to believe it. I had a servant that was a ing brat? And all of this had happened because I had wanted to take a picture of a living stick-figure?!?!

Why did my life hate me so much?

 


 

Man, I really hate that Zelo by now!!! But oh, I didn't show you my dad yet, right? Here you go, he's not that good-looking, but well... I got the good looks from my Mum, just like Himchan :P

 


 

Next chapter is up \o/ I figured that it's not good to write a story without clear storyline, I think my own story is confusing! xDD

I hope you still like it though ^^"

DID YOU SEE THE NEW EXCUSE ME MV?!!??!?! I died! It's interesting, it's the first B.A.P video where I had more Zelo screenshots than Himchan screenshots xD Ah, maybe I'll spam the next Chapters with the Screenshots I took as chapter images xDD

But OH MY GOD, Daehyun looks so beautiful with that dark/blueish hair!!! D: *FEELS* *dies*

~Kirin