Introductions

Learn to love again

 

 

I took a look around my room for a few seconds. There was my big desk with the laptop, my beloved king-size bed, a few cupboards containing my clothes and my CDs and, most importantly, my photos on the wall.

I have to say, I love photography and I take pictures of almost every person that has any nice or crazy looks. There were many pictures of strangers, wearing brightly colored clothes or some people whose body proportions didn't match, like for example runtish persons. I was kind of proud of my collection even though nobody seemed to share my enthusiasm about it...

 

I glanced at my watch, noticing that I was almost late again.

“Bye, dad!”, I shouted while running downstairs, but I didn't receive an answer. As always. The maid came instead.

 

“See you Soora”, she said with a bright smile and I gave her a weak one in reply.

 

“Bye Hye-sun, see you later.”

 

It's been like that since mum kicked the bucket. I was left with our personnel and my hardworking dad, whom I was glad to see every once in a while, signalizing me that he was still alive. He had almost buried himself in his work. I shouldn't complain, I am kind of rich, but I can't say I'm happy either. I'll get bought whatever I wish for, but there's something missing. A person I can talk to, for example.

Dad would never talk about Mum and Hye-sun, my favorite maid who is twenty-nine years old, hasn't lost anything up until now, she wouldn't understand either. She had even told me she was pregnant a week ago. No life to lose, only one to gain. Lucky girl...

 

However, I was driven to school by our chauffeur Jongmin, who is a very distant person, never really speaking as long as it's not necessary. He can be found at my picture wall too, but not because he was looking odd, not at all. He was really handsome, I have to admit, and I like him even though he doesn't show his emotions very often.

 

But back to the school. My school is a private one for those who can afford only the best of the best. I got off the car, straightening the creases of my uniform. Appearance was everything, that's all that I had learned at school and I took a deep breath before waving goodbye at Jongmin and walking up to the entrance.

“Soora!”, someone shouted from behind and I turned around, a big smile on my face, even though it was half-faked.

 

“Sohee-unni! Nice to see you! How is your mum's collection progressing?”, I asked, seemingly interested.

 

Sohee hugged me before replying. “Well, of course she's doing fine! Ah, there will be so many good-looking designs, you'll have to take a look at it as soon as possible! You know how much mum cares about your opinion, right?”

 

Because of my father's money, yes. “Right, I'll come over soon, promise!” Okay, I won't lie. It's not like I didn't enjoy the influence I had over other people, I was just disgusted by all the fakes around me. Even though I was one myself... “And by the way: Did you see Kidoh's outfit today? He just passed by me and I almost didn't recognize him!”

 

“Why? Did he become good-looking all of a sudden?”, Sohee retorted with a suppressed laugh.

 

“That's not it”, I denied with a tired smirk. “His hair looks like some kind of hedgehog-”

 

“Hi girls!”, a male voice said and we glanced at the dark-haired guy in front of us. Jung Daehyun, a loveable young man who loves eating as much as the air he's breathing. Another person from my picture wall.

 

“Yo, Dae”, I greeted casually. “I see you dyed your hair again? I liked the pink ones from a month ago though...”

 

“Pink isn't manly at all! Plus it was an accident. It should have been dark red!” I knew how much he hated the pink hair, but it looked kind of cute when he got angry, which is why I kept bringing up that topic.

 

“Yeah, enough with your excuses, new money”, Sohee-unni laughed and Daehyun stiffened a little, his gaze telling me: Who asked you? He hated that term so much.

 

Daehyun was one of the most normal guys at my school, he was known for dyeing his hair almost every 2 months, which is why I had around ten pictures only to catch every single hair color he had so far. His dad had become richer by selling stocks, making it possible for his son to receive a good education. Daehyun was a person that wasn't really able to fit in “our” world.

And that's why I liked him so much.

His loveable honesty made me want to have a more normal life. But since I was rich, my dad didn't let me have a “cheap life”, as he called it.

 

Oh, I didn't tell you who I am, right? My name is Kim Soora, I am 17 years old and what you have read so far pretty much sums up my life. I'm rich, but I hate it as much as I love it. I have friends, but well...just because I'm rich, I guess. Except for Daehyun, he's been a loyal friend to me, no matter what happened! I have an older brother too. He's called Himchan, but he is studying abroad in Japan, which is why I can't see him very often. Still, we're very close and don't have any secrets, except for the fact that he doesn't want to talk about Mum's death either.

 

But well, enough of the introductions for now, class was about to begin. We sat down on our chairs where Daehyun immediately turned around and whispered: “Hey, have you already listened to Girl's Day's new album? It's really awesome!”

 

I looked right and left before smiling back at him. “Yes, I did! Don't you think Yura looks perfect in their new MV?” He was the only person I could talk to about those things casually, as the other students were all like: If you like them so much, just go and meet them. You have enough money to do so! But there wouldn't be anything special about them if you were able to meet them anytime, right? That's why Daehyun understood my point. I felt so normal around him and that was something I didn't experience often.

 

Sohee poked me from behind and pointed at our schoolyard. “Look, there are the poor, skipping school and having fun”, she mumbled with a disgusted look on her face before turning around to talk to someone else and I immediately craned my neck.

There were three young men, about my age, lingering on the gray pavement with hectic movements while talking to each other. One of them was taller by a head, making him look like a Titan from Attack on titan. Another thing I noticed was his perfectly dyed, brown hair. Daehyun would be proud of him for that nice color, I thought. I'd have loved to photograph him, because his slim arms looked like sticks compared to his height. Now that I write it down, I notice how weird this sounds...maybe that's why nobody likes my picture wall?

 

Suddenly, three other guys came round the corner, speeding up when they spotted the boy and his two friends who tried to flee. Their angry faces didn't make the impression that they were just 'having fun' or 'skipping school'. Were they robbers that had to be caught? The situation made me become kind of curious, but it was at that moment that our teacher came in, demanding our attention.

I couldn't concentrate, of course. There weren't many people that spent their time on our schoolyard when they didn't even go to our school and the fact that it looked like a persecution didn't make it any better.

 

“Soora, can you solve this problem for me?”, the teacher asked, bringing me down to earth again.

 

“Euh, I... uhm-” Daehyun signalized me to look at his college block where he had written the answer in a bright red. “Of course! The answer is 217.” Good thing he was trying really hard at school, I was only interested in foreign languages like Japanese or English since sciences weren't my strong point.

 

“Well done, but please try to calculate the result on your own next time, will you? Thanks for the answer, Daehyun.”

 

I shrunk on my seat while Daehyun turned around with an excusing smirk. School wasn't easy at all, not even if you were rich...

 

 

 

 

Anyways, a few hours later, school was over and I was driven home by Jongmin. “So, how was your day?”, I asked. I always tried to start a conversation with him even though I had never been very successful.

 

“It was okay”, Jongmin answered curtly, his gaze fixated on the street.

 

“Aish, you're so boring! What did you do today?”, I clarified my question with an eye-roll. “The weather is so great, I bet you did something fun, didn't you? Tell me about it!”

 

Jongmin sighed. “I had to go and buy things for your dinner since the rest of the personnel has to prepare your father's exhibition”, he replied drily. “There was no time for something very fun.”

 

“Oh...” It ended like this quite often, but this time, I decided to ask dad to give him a few days off soon. He really deserved it... And I still had to tell him about Hye-sun's pregnancy, because we'd have to get another maid for the time she'd be gone...

Our house would be even more boring then, as the other personnel was no fun at all. Jongmin and Hye-sun were my favorites, but I can't really tell you why. It just happened to be like that. Maybe it was because they were the most normal ones.

I got off the car and stopped Jongmin from helping me. “Just drive home for today, I won't go anywhere and my father won't either. Take a break, please.”

 

Jongmin looked at me in surprise. “Uhm...But, I'm supposed to drive you to your dance lesson-”

 

“There are public transports and I'm not afraid to use them. Just listen to me this once and go home for now, will you?”, I interrupted him with a gentle smile, causing him to bow immediately.

 

“Th-Thank you. But if there are any problems, just call me and I'll be there, miss. I'll have a bad conscience if you don't... Okay?” I think I never heard him talk that much at once. Maybe I finally got a step closer to calling him my friend?

 

“Yeah, fine. Enjoy your free time!”

Jongmin hesitantly got on the car, glancing at me from time to time until he finally drove away. I knew he could be cute too! Ha!

 

“Stop right there you little bastard!”, some man's voice yelled all of a sudden and I reflexively retreated to our house, closing the door behind me and entering the kitchen to watch who was out there through the window. Of course, there were some drunk people who strayed around our block sometimes, but not at that time of the day... At first, I couldn't see anything, but then, a slender young man came round the corner.

Wait, don't I know him? I couldn't possibly, as his clothes made him look like he had absolutely no good dress sense, which was a trait that was reserved for Daehyun only. But wait, could he be...?

 

The boy looked around in rush, panting, and I ran back to our front door to open it. “Hey, come here”, I hissed urgently, making him notice me with a confused stare. He has such a baby face, it doesn't match with his height, I thought.

 

“You know you can't flee!”, the dangerous voice sounded again.

 

I waved the boy nearer. “Come on, or do you want to get caught?!”

With a last glance at the corner he came from, he sprinted towards our door and I closed it as soon as he had stepped into my house, just before a big man, dressed in black appeared at the other end of the street.

 

 

The boy caught for breath, sitting down in the corner of our hallway. It took him some time to do so and I just stood there, watching him closely. I had seen him before. It was the boy I had been watching in the morning, one of the three that were lingering on our school yard. The tallest one with brown hair.

“What's your name?”, I eventually managed to say and the guy stared at me as if he had forgotten I was there for a moment.

 

“Is this of interest to you?”, he retorted and I frowned in surprise. Was he really a robber, being chased by those other guys or were they the criminals? Well, if he was a criminal, he had too much of a baby-face to be a suspect; nobody would believe me if I told him that he had robbed me... Wait, I didn't even know what was going on, why did I judge him already?! “What is your intention?”

 

“Well, I thought I'd help you, but if I don't even know your name, I can also throw you out again. You'll just get me into trouble anyway.” I peeked through some slit at the door. “They are still searching for you, but hey, I won't disturb you and your friends any longer if you don't need my help-”

 

“No, please don't!”, the boy interrupted me in shock, closing the door in a hurry and showing me a pair of widened, dark brown eyes. I smirked. I had him where I wanted him to be and I was ready to give up on his name and his background for the moment, reaching out with my hand.

 

“Get up, I'll get you something to eat and to drink. My name is Kim Soora.”

 

 


 

Oh, look, I found another photo!

 It's Sohee-unni, my classmate. I can't call her my friend, but let's say that I don't hate her. She's just a little annoying sometimes. She knows that she has enough money to do as she pleases and never misses an opportunity to show you...

 

 


 

 

Welcome to my new fanfiction <3

It will be Zelo centered, but, as you can probably guess from the Foreword's picture, Daehyun will also play an important role...Yeah and Guppie will be there too...Actually, there will be every member appearing at least once so, don't worry about your bias :P

 

I don't have a plan how long this fic will be, I just hope that you stay with me 'till the end <3