Zelo

Learn to love again

 

 

 

Get up, I'll get you something to eat and to drink. My name is Kim Soora.”

 

He was more than suspicious. He didn't believe me at all. “I don't need your pity, I was just thinking it's best to hide here for a few minutes, nothing else”, he replied drily.

“You're such a stupid boy”, I mumbled as I was really annoyed by his tone. “You're in my house and you'll do what I want you to or I'll hand you over to those guys personally, got it?”

“Stupid girl”, he hissed, not knowing that I didn't actually have the intention to throw him out, but I was really pissed by his attitude right now.

“It's Soora, memorize it. Now stop refusing the ounce of kindness I'm offering you and come with me.” He hesitantly stood up and I noticed how much taller he was than me. I mean, I knew that he was tall from the start, but: Was he a damn giant?! However, we walked up to the kitchen and I opened our fridge, pointing at the shelf that was only for me.

 

“Choose something. Anything, but not my Crême brulée, please”, I grumbled while avoiding any eye contact. I noticed that his eyes were glued to some specific box anyway and I tried to find out which one it was until he hesitantly reached out with his hand. He looked like he was a little bit sorry for being so rude a few seconds ago. “Come on, just take it. You must be hungry and I won't tear your head off”, I tried to motivate him while rolling with my eyes.

That's when he grabbed the jelly with vanilla sauce, looking at me with an unsure stare. He his lips and clutched at the package. “Really?”

No way, I'll throw you into the dungeon!”, I shouted ironically while glancing at him. “Of course it's okay, you idiot.” I walked up to a cupboard to get a spoon and went into the living room. “Come here, my dad is working upstairs and won't notice you while our personnel is currently working on his exhibition. You're safe, promise.”

He didn't actually seem to care about the fact that he was in a stranger's house, as you could tell by the way he almost ripped the package open, stuffing his mouth full with red jelly.

 

Now that looked surprisingly cute. “You really do like jelly, don't you?” He nodded, unable to speak and I smirked. “Then, I'll call you Jelly, is that alright?”

The boy looked at me in disgust, swallowing what he had just put in his mouth. “I'm not your pet, girl! Plus, Jelly doesn't sound manly.”

I raised an eyebrow. “It's still Soora. You want it to sound manly? Uhm...well, do you already have a nickname+? You wouldn't even have to tell me your real name then!”

He snorted as if he didn't want to reply at first, but decided that he should really play according to my rules if he wanted to stay safe. “Well, you were really close. My friends call me Zelo. Z-E-L-O.”

I rolled with my eyes once more. “The 'O' makes it more manly than the 'Y' of course!”, I mumbled in irritation and he nodded with a convinced look on his face.

“It does! Deal with it.” He stuck out his tongue, before becoming serious again. “Say, could I stay here for a few minutes? I can leave right now too, if you distract them.”

I looked at him in disbelief. “Distract them? Who am I, your partner in crime?” He wanted to go already? “Just stay a little longer, you're not breaking my peace or something like that. On the contrary, let me ask you a question: Who are you that they are chasing you?”

 

He stiffened a little, I could see it clearly, and his voice became even colder. “I don't know, don't ask me.” He did know, but I wouldn't force him to answer me. “I'm just a normal person in this world, nothing special, what would they want?”, he continued, but tried not to meet my gaze. Liar.

My interest in the “poor” world was back on the spot as he mentioned being normal. “Then tell me: How do people like you spend your days?”

Okay that was it. The look he gave me for the sudden topic change made it all clear: He thought I was crazy. “Ex...cuse me?”, he asked hesitantly with a frown. “How people like me spend their time? What do you mean by 'people like me'?”

 

“Well, I want to know what the poorer people do! The normal ones! Don't you know this is the area where many rich people live? I heard you can't play golf and you can't ride horses as poor people, is that right?”, I continued curiously, making Zelo's mask of impenetrability crumble.

“Huh? I... Well... Ride a horse? Play golf? W-Why would you do that in the first place? Both things are boring... However, just because I'm not rich doesn't mean I'm poor! What kind of messed up imagination do you have that you're thinking like that?!” He cleared his throat, as he thought of the situation he was in again and decided to watch his mouth. Wow, he didn't want to meet those guys at all, did he?

“You say it's boring? Then what is fun to you?” I couldn't believe someone could say that playing golf was boring! Was it?

“It will be enough if I tell you what I'm doing from time to time, right? No background information?” I nodded. “I go to clubs and bars on my free days rather often. Sometimes I play soccer with my friends... And I help Yongguk-hyung at the orpha-” He bit his lower lip to stop himself from speaking, noticing that he gave me too much information about himself, but I had heard enough to keep digging.

“Yong...guk...hyung? Who is that Yongguk?”, I wanted to know, but it was obvious that he wasn't going to answer my question.

“My acquaintances don't have anything to do with you, got it? Just like my current situation or my name, alright?”, Zelo made sure and I hesitantly agreed since I wanted to find out more about the “normal” life and not this criminal's.

I decided to go with one of the things I had heard from Daehyun too. “Fine, but back to my main point: you said you'd go clubbing. Is it really more fun than playing golf? I was never allowed to go to a bar-”

“Wait, wait!”, Zelo interrupted me angrily. “Stop trying to talk to me, girl, I don't want to, alright? Don't speak as if you were stupid, everybody has been to a club before, and now just shut up. I'm off as soon as I can't see those guys out there anymore, so please just leave me alone for the time being.”

 

I gave up on telling him my name. He wouldn't memorize it anyway. “Are you threatening me in my own house right now?”, I asked with a raised eyebrow, but he didn't answer. “But honestly: I have never been to a club, I've only been to some of my classmates' parties, but they aren't really fun since it's all about impressing everyone else with what you have that they don't and so on...”

The other one sighed, rubbing his eyes in irritation and didn't answer, munching his jelly as the seconds passed. I rested my head on the table surface and just watched him until I surrendered and closed my eyes, because I wouldn't get a reply.

 

“Have you really never been to a bar?”

I smiled silently as his voice seemed absolutely disbelieving. “Mhm”, I hummed, my eyes still closed. “Dad doesn't allow me to go there.”

Zelo snorted in amusement. Was he laughing at me or was it just that he couldn't believe it? “That's kind of sad”, he eventually said and as I glimpsed at him, I noticed that he lay down on the table like I did.

“I know right?”, I mumbled with another smile.

“But you can't tell me you don't know what is going on there, can you?” I shrugged and gave him an apologetic smile. “Okay, let me tell you then, because I feel sorry for you:” He came a little closer so that he could whisper me in the ear. “The guys there are looking for a girl, even if it's just for one night, you understand? They drink in order to gain confidence.”

 

I looked at him in disgust and he smirked. “That's gross”, I said. Not that it wasn't like that between rich people too – don't let me start talking about what I had seen on those parties already – but I had hoped there wasn't something like that for the poorer ones. I carefully poked his cheek when I realized something. “Don't tell me, you too? Answer honestly!” Did I have some kind of womanizer in my house?! Were those guys from before angry at him because he had done something with their girlfriends? Maybe I should call Jongmin after all...

Zelo thought about my question for a moment, obviously considering, which answer would be the best, before glancing at me. “Do you have any security here?”

Shoot, he was dangerous. “Of course we do!” Well, they were at the company right now, but there were some! “And what's with that question? I know martial arts, ” Well...ballet could be used as martial arts too...I hope “So don't you dare messing with me, alright?”

“Woah, girl, don't worry, I'm joking”, he made clear with a short chuckle. “So wary, really...” Zelo stood up all of a sudden and I rose quickly after him. “But to tell you the truth...yeah, I have been to a club once or twice with the same intention.” It surprised me that I wasn't really affected by that answer...I mean I could really imagine it, even though I didn't want to. He turned to go. “You should be scared of me by now. Well then, see ya!”

 

“W-Wait!” He frowned as he looked back at me. He was an interesting person to be around and I still wanted to take a photo of him...but I couldn't ask him that I wanted a picture of him because he looked like a living stick-figure, right? “Euh, I...would you give me your phone number?”

“What for?” He scanned me from head to toe, his attitude was cold again. Man, those sudden mood changes were kind of creepy. “I'm not interested in someone like you.”

Huh? What was that guy thinking?! I tried not to pay attention to my own thoughts. “No you idiot, but maybe you're interested in a place to hide?” I scribbled my own number on a sheet of paper and gave it to him. “Just text me or call me if you need help.”

Zelo had a 'dafuq-stare' as I offered him the number. “Why are you offering me that?”

To get a picture of a living stick-figure. “Let's say that I'm just kind, okay?”, I suggested and put the paper into his jacket's pocket.

Kch, I won't need it”, Zelo replied, turned around and peeked through the peephole at the door. “They're gone. Well then, thanks for the kindness, Miss 'playing-golf-and-riding-horses'.”

I snorted as he left in a hurry, glancing around every corner to make sure he was safe. “It's Soora!”, I shouted after him and he glared at me for making noise, but didn't say anything else.

 

Then he was gone.

 

I closed the door and looked at my watch. Half past two, I'd have to go in 15 minutes to get to my dance lesson, as I wouldn't be driven there by Jongmin and I decided to just get ready and leave earlier. I didn't want to do my homework right now anyway. After changing into casual and more comfortable clothes, I left the house when my phone started ringing all of a sudden. I checked it and grinned at the message I had received.

 

 

Don't keep your hopes up, I won't use this number. But just in case: Now you have mine. ~Zelo”

 

 

 


 

Chapter 2 is up guys, hope you like it :3