It's...It's dangerous.

Learn to love again

Zelo's POV

 

Two weeks have never felt this long. Not even while I was being kept by the Untouchables.

The two weeks without Soora were like a ing eternity.

I'd spend most of the time at Yongguk's and my place, always ready to jump up and fight if there was one of the organization's members at the door. Much to my surprise, there wasn't anyone coming by. Of course, they were still looking for me in the streets, but not as much as before. They seemed to be more careful, but I didn't know why.

Every second or third day, I would go and visit Jongup-hyung, whose condition was getting better with every day, to ask him about Soora. I had told him to keep quiet about my whereabouts for now. I didn't want Soora to hear what a wreck I was. That's life, Junhong, I told myself every time I thought about her, but they were just hollow words in my head.

When I was with Jongup, he told me that Soora hadn't said anything about her being with Daehyun yet. But he was more aware of the rainbow-man's actions, telling me what they were doing from time to time. She had been doing a lot with Daehyun while I was gone and even Jongup said that he felt a little bit left out. I was sure of it. They had to be dating. I had seen the kiss. But what if it was only Daehyun's doing? I couldn't help questioning all of that in my head. I don't know why, but I didn't have the guts to stand up and ask her.

But as long as I didn't have any confirmation, I would keep my hopes up high. Too high. “They went to an amusement park. Just like that, isn't that awesome?” “They ate pizza yesterday.” “Soora seemed happy today.” That's what Jongup told me, causing my heart to crack a bit every time. They had to be dating.

I wanted her to be happy, don't get me wrong, but I just couldn't feel relieved about her being happy with that other guy. I admit it, I was jealous. And it wouldn't get any better if I didn't tell her about this. I was told that she had been asking for me. Sometimes. And those were the days I felt hopeful. “Jongup, do you think I should tell her?”, I had asked once. He had thought about it for some time before answering me.

“The fact that you simply left without saying a word makes me think that you really should explain it. But on the other hand, it might confuse her. I, uhm, I mean, what if she actually is dating Daehyun?”

“I bet she is.”

“That's not the point. It's just that she might feel bad for you and regret her decisions and I don't want to see her broken. I don't know, but I guess it's up to you... Sorry, dude.”

I didn't want to see her broken either, but I had another fear that kept me from seeing her. If she asked me to stay – stay as her servant, or her friend, because she just didn't see me that way – even if it was just so that I could hide from the Untouchables, I wouldn't be able to say no. And then, I'd be the same as Jongup. And I didn't want to be in that position. I'd rather stay away from her and watch her from afar than having to give up on my feelings.

That's why, after two weeks of weighing my options, going to her house and turning around in front of the door, I was now sitting on a bench in a park somewhere near her house. It was late in the afternoon already. I'd been sitting here for an hour now, maybe two, but I was still drawn towards her house while desperately clenching my hands to fists, trying to keep my together. “She's fine without you, don't worry”, I mumbled silently.

But what if she does something stupid? “What would she do in the first place? She didn't even come near the Untouchables, she has no idea and they don't know her either. Why are you so protective, Junhong.” I raised my head to have a look at the playground at the other side of the park, where four children were playing with each other. As if there was nothing to worry about in this world but the scratches they could get from falling down. They'd stand up again.

“Stand up?” I bit my lower lip as I buried my fists in my jacket's pockets. I had told Jongup that I was an adult. Now I wanted to be a child.

Ironic. Stupid.

Call it whatever you want, I don't care. “Now go, Junhong”, I told myself. “Don't sit around uselessly and go get a job or anything to distract yourself from her-” A buzz caused me to stop talking to myself and I frowned, glancing at my phone. Great. A message from her. As if she doesn't want me to forget about her. I snorted. “Yet, she didn't come by at least once to look for me.” Selfish girl, I thought and put away my phone just to hear it ring again. This is bull, I should end this once for all and- Again I stopped, as I read the messages.

I'll go to the police, I'll find them and help you, I promise.

My eyes flickered, reading the words on the screen.

Happy Birthday, Junhong

It's my birthday. Right. I had completely forgotten about it. But that was not the main reason why my eyes widened. She'd interfere. She'd put herself in danger. “Wait.” I couldn't let her do that. Don't.” She couldn't hear the panic in my voice. She wouldn't get it.

As if I'd ever do as you say.

“.” I clenched my eyes shut. “, , !”, I exclaimed, kicking the next trash bin and letting out a painful hiss. Where could she go? Which police station? I took a look around. Had she been at home? It could be the one at the main street. I only have one chance to stop her. I started running. Screw the distance I tried to maintain for two weeks. Screw the rules, screw the ing organization that caused all these troubles! A tear escaped my eye, but I wiped it away. Not now. What are you, a crybaby?!

 

I was panting when I reached the police station, but at least I could make out her silhouette at the end of the street, her eyes glued to her phone's screen. Her forehead was wrinkled in concentration, probably trying not to get lost, and a smirk tugged at the corners of my mouth. She was like an open book. The complete opposite of me. I bit back the smile, replacing it with a serious expression as I leaned against the wall of the police station. She had noticed me, it was my time to talk.

“I won't let you do it.” My heartbeat wouldn't slow down. It wasn't just the exhaustion it seemed.

“I'm not the one who ran away without an explanation”, she said with some irritated tone in her voice. Who was the one who caused me to question my whole way of life? I broke away from the wall to get a few steps closer to her. She looked just like on the day I had left her, her eyes burning with a fire I couldn't classify.

“I thought you'd know the answer.” And Jongup really hadn't said a word when it came to me? I'd have to give him some more trust-points, I figured. At least one person I could rely on. “Looks like Jongup really kept his promise.” But that would have to wait for later, now I was just angry. “It's dangerous. Don't do it.”

So what? Don't give me that, it doesn't even concern you how I'm doing anyway!”, she shouted, which hit me like a punch in the stomach. It was hard for me to remain calm. “I've been trying so hard to get what's going on in that tiny brain of yours, but since you've just run away, I don't know what you want me to do anymore!” I want you to tell me why Daehyun kissed you.

Junhong, this is not the time. “The more you try to understand me, the worse it will get for you.” I raised my gaze, piercing her eyes with my stare. “Don't get involved in the thing with the Untouchables or you'll regret it. Now go home on your own or I'll take you there and make sure that Hye-sun locks you up.”

 

 

Soora's POV

 

I stood there for a few seconds. Speechless. “Don't get involved...?”, I whispered, my hand wrapping around the USB in my pocket. “Don't get involved?!” My heart felt heavy. Why was he like that? “I've been involved since you told me everything!”, I shouted and took a rattling breath. Was I angry at him? Was I angry at myself? Was there even a reason to be angry? Hell yeah, he had left without saying a word, of course there was. But why did I care this much? Zelo lowered his gaze, staring at the ground as if he felt guilty. “Go home, Zelo. Let me pass.”

“I don't have a home.” There was a hint of frustration in his voice. “And how are you going to prove anything, huh? You don't know their real names nor do you have proof of their criminal life”, he stated loudly and I played with the USB in my pocket before fiercely showing it to him.

“This is all I need.”

He looked confused, but wary at the same time. “What's that?”

“Your lifesaver. Now get out of my way.” I was about to put it back into my pocket, but suddenly, he took a step forward, reaching out with his hand and shoved me so that I stumbled against his chest. My eyes were widened as we remained like this for another moment, my heart beating faster and faster. His breath was rattling as he looked at me.

“This?”, he asked, holding up the thumb drive and it was only then that I realized that he had snatched it away from me in a moment of confusion.

“Give it back. Give it back, Jun- Zelo!”, I exclaimed, trying to get a hold of the USB, but he kept it out of my reach with his long arms.

“Are... Are you blushing right now?”, he asked, examining my face and I stopped. I wasn't! Definitely wasn't!

“It's the sunset! The sunset, okay?”, I replied, reaching out for the hand he held the flash drive in.

He squinnied. “What is this even? What's on the flash drive?”

I gave up with a sigh and a sound of frustration. “A picture! A damn picture of Sleepy, okay? I took it two weeks ago, on the day you left. It was hard to get.” Junhong stopped, his breath hitched before he slowly lowered his hand to look at the thumb drive. Still, his grasp was too tight for me to snatch it away. Dammit.

“That's not proof enough”, he whispered, his gaze flickering between me and the USB.

“I know!”, snarled I in reply. “They wanted me to delete it. They threatened me to do so. You could say I was a victim; that has to be proof enough.” He remained quiet, staring at me wide-eyed. “See? I planned it thoroughly. You won't get involved, there will be justice, and-”

“Stop”, a whisper could be heard and I snorted.

Why? I glanced at the police station. “Zelo, why can't you just-”

“Soora.” He looked at me again, grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from the police station. “Soora, look at me.” My name. He was saying my name so softly. “I beg you. Go home... Don't you understand? It's...It's just so dangerous if you stand up against them.” He glanced around the houses as a dog was barking in the distance.

“If I don't do it, no one will.” I shook my head, slowly, because I was thinking at the same time. “Why can't you see that I care? I've...” I took a deep breath. “I've been worried sick.” It was surprising, even to me, because I hadn't even noticed it myself. Zelo had always been there, ghosting around in my head, my thoughts, no matter where I was. Yet, I had looked just fine on the outside.

Did he think he was all the same to me? “Jongup told me...He told me you were fine without me.” His breath my ear and I shivered even though I felt quite warm. It was then that he seemed to realize that he was standing way too close to me and took a step backwards in a hurry.

My anger was pushed aside by something else. There was worry, but there was also relief. He had asked about me? “Well and Jongup told me that he couldn't contact you whenever I was asking about it. Guess he lied to both of us”, I replied bitterly and attempted to steal the USB once more. He hid it behind his back and I tried to reach it somehow.

“I didn't want to burden you with my problems”, he explained calmly before swallowing. “Uhm, Soora, what are you even doing?”

I froze, because I hadn't noticed that I was kind of hugging him. I was too busy trying to get a hold of the USB behind his back and now I was actually blushing. I really was. “I-I...Oh, I mean...I- Sorry”, I mumbled and after a moment of hesitation, he broke free.

“It-it's okay. But I won't give it back to you. I can't. N-Now go home”, he stuttered, slowly retreating.

My eyes widened and I took a step forward, trying to grab his wrist where he was holding the USB, but he dodged and looked at me with a bewildered expression. “I-I'm leaving”, he stated, turning around and running off into the next side alley.

“Zelo, stop, why are you-” He didn't even turn around. “-running away?”

Well done Soora. You had a chance to talk about whatever had caused him to leave and all you did was losing your evidence. Great.

 


Thanks to MomoJidai for helping out with the scene, I had my problems with it ^^

I hope you're still with me and keep reading, we still have a long way to go °^°

Prepare, feelz are coming.