The party

Learn to love again

 

I didn't need to wake him up, because he was busy talking to 'someone' on the phone – I'm sure it was Yongguk judging by the tone of his voice. Meanwhile, I got ready – putting on some make-up and dressing up nicely. I decided to wear a light-blue dress that ended right above my knees and it matched perfectly with my low heeled shoes. Comfortable and fancy at the same time: That was kind of hard to combine sometimes.

Zelo had finished talking to his hyung and I could hear him utter a few curses downstairs before he sighed in frustration. “Uhm...Girl?”, he asked from downstairs and I left the bathroom to join him in the living room. On my way, I felt dizzy for a split second, but I just shook my head to regain my senses. Maybe I was just worn out because of school. All I needed was a coke later on.

“What is it?”, I replied while walking down the stairs, but I didn't get a reply at first. Zelo just stood there, staring at me with wide eyes. Was something wrong with me? Had I smudged my make-up somewhere? I had to check before we left the house! “Z-Zelo?” On the other hand, I was confused by his appearance as well. I mean, I had already seen him shirtless when I had bandaged his chest, but I didn't notice that six-pack at all. He was wearing the shirt we had talked about before, but it was ed, revealing his slim, yet muscular upper body.

“I didn't know a dress could suit you. You don't look like a potato anymore”, the stick-figure noticed and cleared his throat to change topics. “But I...can't seem to button my shirt with only one hand...” He showed me his injured right hand and I finally understood. I should have thought of that before.

First things first: “A potato?!”, I shrieked but couldn't avert my gaze from the bruised body yet. Zelo coughed in a meaningful manner. “O-Oh...Right. Shirt. Buttons. Wait a second”, I stuttered and started meddling with the buttons while biting my lower lip. Why am I embarrassed? Jonguppie's six-pack is way better! Pft, stupid stick-figure... He should eat more...

“Your ears are red”, Zelo mumbled after a few seconds and I was on the verge of just abandoning him this time, but I restrained myself. It isn't because of you, alright?! “Are you sick?”

...Huh?

He didn't mean to tease me? Did he even notice how embarrassed I was at that moment? Well, it's a good thing for me, right? No teasing today. Yay? “I...I felt dizzy a while ago, but I think it will be okay”, I explained inevitably and cleared my throat to change the topic the way he did before while lightly patting his chest. “Look. All done. And don't forget what I said earlier: No worries tonight, got it? There won't be any of your chasers. At least I doubt it...euh...” I raised an eyebrow and glanced at him, who nodded right away.

“Sure, they are not from your...let's say class. Do I have to watch out for something or someone I shouldn't upset?”, he retorted while grabbing his sneakers to put them on. He seemed excited and that made me happy. I could show him what my social life was like and maybe he'd understand why I wanted to spend more time with Daehyun-oppa's past 'class' instead of my 'wealthy' one.

I rolled with my eyes. “Don't upset anyone, alright? They are all kind of important in different industries. It's never good to make them your enemy.” Zelo pouted, causing me to frown at him.

“No fights?”

“Hell, no!”, I exclaimed, throwing my hands up in the air. “You're stupid to suggest fights when you're supposed to have fun. And don't crush your other hand in the meantime either! You're still my servant for 7 weeks! 2 months, remember? I need you to run around to do unnecessary things for me.”

“You're the stupid one. Plus, I'm not. There's no contract. And you didn't even plan this in the first place, don't act is if you did”, he mumbled and stuck out his tongue when the doorbell rang and he got up to open for Jongmin who was there to come and get us.

“Stupid stick-figure. Why am I even doing this?!”, I asked myself while following him to the car.

 

The party had already begun when we arrived at Jongin's place. I turned around on my seat to face Jongmin and smiled in a heartwarming way. “You don't have to pick us up later. I'll find a way to get home. No objections allowed.” That said, I left without waiting for his reply, skipping towards Zelo who was admiring the giant house. Well, it was not as big as mine, but I guess he didn't see it at first glance. “Are you ready?”, I asked excitedly and his eyes glimmered with an interested fire.

“You bet I am”, he answered and smirked in satisfaction. “Let's go!”

Once we stepped inside the house, the noise was unbelievably loud. Really, REALLY loud. Another fit of dizziness made me tumble and my face became hot for a second, but it was gone only a few moments later. Maybe I was going to get sick after all....but not now! Let's enjoy the party! I signalized Zelo to lower his head so that I could transfer him a few understandable words in the ear. “Go, have fun! You're free for today!”, I shouted and he smiled once more. It was an evil smile and I didn't like it, but my stick-figure started moving, drowning in the crowd I called my grade.

Only seconds later, after I had scanned all present, I got myself my deserved coke and sat down in a seemingly calmer corner, watching the other people after making sure it really was coke. I was very mistrusting towards drinks in general...Something that has got to do with my mum...

Jongin was hanging out with his friends, Kyungsoo to his right and Sehun to his left. The latter seemed to enjoy the way they were surrounded by girls, but Kyungsoo looked uncomfortable. I chuckled. He could look so cute with those large eyes and the round face, it made me want to pinch those squishy cheeks every once in a while, but I had managed to hold back up until now. My gaze wandered a bit further. Oh, there's Hoseok. The young male showed off with some impressive dance moves, but since Jongin was more stunning, I knew he'd have no luck with the girls tonight. Poor Hoseok.

Suddenly someone laid a hand on my shoulder and I spun around. “Daehyun-oppa!”, I shouted, hugging him right away when I saw his bashful smile.

He chuckled silently and sat down beside me, pointing at my coke. “Are you sure it's just coke?”, he asked and raised his eyebrow. I nodded and held the plastic cup in front of his face.

“You want to try?”

But Daehyun just shook his head, checking the crowd the way I had done it before. “I'd prefer cheesecake.... I never expected so many people to show up. And I didn't know that there were so many girls in our grade either”, he noticed, apparently unconcerned and I nudged him in the side.

“Why? Is someone you like in between them? Go to her and-”

“No!”, Daehyun exclaimed all of a sudden and his eyes widened. “I mean, I can't walk up to her, because...Uhm. Ah, nevermind...”

“So, there is someone?”, I kept digging but Daehyun decided to keep quiet. Still, the way he bit his lower lip made clear that there was. “You'll get her sooner or later, I'm sure! Who could say no to you?”, I cheered him on and patted his shoulder with a smile.

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow, mumbling a silent: “Yeah, sure. I wonder...” He then got up and pulled me to my feet. “I saw Zelo just now. He's as tall as Chanyeol, maybe even taller! You really brought him with you?” Somehow, there was a hint of bitterness in his voice...or maybe it was just the music that made it sound like that...

I nodded. “Yes, he wanted to know what Jongin's parties were like. I told him that he's free this night, so that he can enjoy himself today. But say, do you want to dance?”

My favorite song had just started playing and Daehyun noticed it too, extending his hand and bowing as if we were going to do standard dances. “If you allow, I'd ask you for this dance, milady.” There was an amused glimmer in his eyes that made me laugh and I took his hand as he led me through the moving people around us.

We were dancing on and on, I lost count of the songs that were passing by, because Daehyun and I were making fun of the girls in uncomfortable high heels who hurt their feet and looked kind of pissed. I didn't manage to spot Zelo a single time, I wondered if he wanted to dance...

Then, after some time, we decided to get ourselves something to drink and when I took a sip when I felt dizzy again. Now don't get sick, body, it's fun right now! But this time, it didn't go away like before and I clenched my eyes shut to avoid losing my balance. It was too hot inside. My head felt as if it was about to burst.

“Soora?”, I heard Daehyun's soft voice say full of concern. “Are you alright?”

I leaned against the bar to support my body and frowned. “I'm dizzy...”, I managed to mumble and the throbbing in my head became more and more. “It's too hot...” Was it because of the drink? Did they put something in it that made me feel like that? Maybe I wasn't sick after all. Weren't there these things some people put you in your drink? Reasons why I disliked parties and avoided them in general: My paranoia. You'll find out later. Calm down, Soora, it's just a fit of dizziness, don't overreact. Plus, there is Daehyun to help you.

Daehyun, seemingly reading my mind, took the cup out of my hand and tasted the content in front of me in an obvious manner before placing it on the counter and grabbing me by the arm to lead me out of the house. I appreciated the cool wind of the night and took a few deep breaths while sitting down on the stairs. The music wasn't as loud now and my head stopped hurting, but I was still dizzy and my head was burning hot. “I tasted it. There was nothing in that drink, you're just getting sick, so don't worry”, Daehyun's soft voice whispered again as he sat down beside me. He knew about my mother and that was really helpful at times when nobody seemed to understand me.

“Thanks...I feel totally sick”, I stated after a few minutes of Daehyun comforting me by caressing my back. It felt good to have someone beside you who cared. Get the message, Dad? Someone who cared.

Daehyun nodded and took a look around. “I'll go and look for Zelo to take you home, okay? You just stay here and wait for me.” That said, he stood up and I nodded while he went back inside to search my stick-figure. I felt how my forehead started sweating. Probably a fever. Awesome, Soora. You managed to get sick. Congratulations! Not.

 

 

Daehyun's POV

 

“Where is that tall idiot? He's gotta be here, right?”, I mumbled over and over again while making my way through the dancing people. That Zelo had been talking to various girls when I had seen him and he had been at the little bar in the cellar. I accidentally bumped into someone tall, but when I looked up, it wasn't Zelo either. “Hi Hyung”, I mumbled. “You haven't seen someone of your height around, I suppose?”

I felt so small next to him. Park Chanyeol, a grinning giant known for always being happy. A happy virus, because I was infected and smiled back at him. He showed me a wide smile now that he had recognized me, taking a sip of his drink before answering. “Light brown hair?”, he asked and I nodded in excitement. Chanyeol pointed at a group of girls behind us and I followed the direction to find a brown head of hair stick out of the small crowd. “Currently battling Hoseok in dancing. It's quite fun to watch, they're both very good.”

“Th-Thanks, Hyung!”, I shouted to fight the loud basses that started throbbing in my brain when the new song started and Chanyeol winked at me before I walked past him towards Zelo. “Zelo!”, I nearly screamed when I found him taking a break from dancing while talking to two or three girls around him.

He frowned when he spotted me before recognizing me because of my hair. I have to dye it soon and think of a new hairstyle to make it more difficult for him the next time, I thought bitterly. “I'm busy. What is it?”, the tall guy asked me and I reached out to grab his arm, but he avoided it, his frown deepening.

“Soora doesn't feel well. You should take her home, I think she's getting sick, you know?”, I explained urgently, causing the girls around me to pout.

“But oppa~”, one of them whined towards Zelo. “You can't leave now! You're in the middle of a dance battle!”

He hesitated. “I-I don't know, my chest is hurting and I-”

“Pretty pretty pleeeease~?”, the girls started whining together and I glared at Zelo to make him understand that Soora needed to get home.

But he didn't get it. Idiot. “Well, she'll have to wait a bit more then. I guess I'll stay for now, tell her that, alright?” he then turned towards another girl. “Here, hold my drink. That guy needs to be defeated in another round”, he said while starting to move towards Hoseok following the loud music.

I rubbed my temples to calm down. “She needs to go home now, Zelo!” But the boy didn't listen to me, immersed in his music while the girls cheered him on. That bastard. Who does he think he is, suddenly acting as if he was important!? I felt myself being pushed away from the crowd that gathered around Zelo once more and I figured that I wouldn't get him to go now with a frustrated sound escaping my mouth.

“Fine, then I'll do it myself!”, I growled while trudging out of Jongin's house to get to Soora. Plus, Jongup's dancing is better than yours, so don't start bragging!

 

 


 

I decided to speed things up, because I wasn't able to think of much to fill in my storie's gaps, so don't hate me for the sudden emotional stuff, because it will get worse in the next chapter xD You can hat me then, if you want to ^^"

I watched VIXX's new MV, Error, as soon as it came out and I can't believe how beautiful everybody is °^° (Sorry, I still hate Ravi's hair, but since they're giving him PROPER hats now, I don't mind anymore xD)

Himchan didn't attend an event in the past days, I hope he's okay :o

 

But yeah, sorry for the late update, I'm busy with exams here and I hope you still like me after the next chapter...There's a lot of confusion to come ^^" No angst yet though, more fluffy-angst-like-stuff, if you know what I mean xD

By the way: I love that chapter image. I don't know who it took, but I love them so much I'm using them xD So: I don't own any of the chapter images except for screenshots from music videos xD