A dream you want to come true

Learn to love again

 

 

Sorry, no chapter image for this chapter |D


 

“You actually enjoy watching this cheesy stuff?”, Zelo asked while scrunching his nose after the second episode had ended and leaned back on the sofa.

“I do!”, I exclaimed, barely able to keep my enthusiasm in check. “Didn't you see the back hug? It was so cute of him, wasn't it? And when he carried her home, it was so sweet, too!”

“It was completely exaggerated”, Zelo said with a raised eyebrow, but had to grin at me being all hyper. “Who would ever behave like that? He was an idiot only minutes before.”

“It's how the perfect boyfriend needs to be! Sure, he was an idiot, but that back hug showed that he wants to change. She probably fell for him just now!”, I retorted and the stick-figure chuckled – he did that quite a lot for the past few days, I liked his cheerful side.

“If there was someone who changed within seconds, you girls would probably think he's insane! Having seen the way he was before, I think you'd even hate him. I mean, you can't tell me the female lead already loved him while he behaved like a rich snob, right?” I shot him a glare and he raised his hands in defeat when I poked his healthy arm. “Just saying...”

“That's exactly the point!”, I exclaimed in pretended anger and stood up. “A person changes when he or she is in love. And this effort makes them loveable, no matter how ty they behaved before! That's...basically the plot of every drama.”

“So you wouldn't mind if he was an as long as he changes? Everybody's telling you to be the way you are, but you say you have to change to be loveable? Where's the logic?”

“Well...” I thought about it for a second. The way he said it really made it sound strange... “I don't know, it's not like I'm an expert in the first place!”, I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air in helplessness.

“Like I was saying: Dramas make you expect way too much from the people around you. No one will be able to keep up with your standards anymore. Would you fall for me if I became a gentleman all of a sudden?” I was taken aback by this question for a second, because his voice sounded pensive and I gave it a second thought. Would I fall for him?

As if...It would be interesting though...But, wait, no. Right? “What's with that question? Probably not! But a drama is like a dream you want to come true, even though it might never happen, that's all.”

“But you still try to make it happen. That's exactly what I'm saying.” Zelo saw my malcontent expression and sighed.

“If it was a good dream, you'd always try to make it reality.”

“So you still don't really agree with me”, he concluded. “Okay, look.” He stood up all of a sudden and only a moment later, he lay his arms around me, pulling me closer into a hug.

The tips of my ears ran red on the spot and my eyes widened, because I didn't know how to deal with this situation. He was just so close all of a sudden. I felt warm, because Zelo's breath my neck and my ear as he calmly breathed in and out. I tried to say something and my voice was trembling a bit. Why the hell was it trembling?! “W-what are you-”

“Proving you wrong”, he interrupted me and tightened his hug once more. His chest was vibrating as he spoke and goosebumps showed up on my arms. “It's not like you just fell for me, right, Kim Soora?” I swallowed, but managed to shake my head. “But I did the same as that drama-guy, didn't I?” I nodded. “That means you were wrong.” He let me go and I was quick to take a step away from him, staring at him with round eyes that were almost falling out.

I then remembered how to breathe and inhaled, wanting to slow down my heartbeat, but it didn't work. That's when the front door opened and I glanced at it in relief when my father came in. “I-...You- I mean...This was nothing serious. It's not a proof then...”, I mumbled, still about a meter away from him who just distorted his mouth as if to retort something before biting his lower lip, mumbling something like 'Right' and walking up to Dad in a hurry.

“Oh, welcome back, Mr. Kim”, he said politely with a slight bow as if nothing was wrong. “How was your day?”

“Ah, hello, Zelo. It was okay, but tiring. I think I'll go to bed right after eating something”, Dad replied with a yawn and my “servant” nodded as if to signalize he understood.

“There is a pancake left from yesterday, would that be enough or should I make something else?” What was this guy? I sat down on the sofa again, trying to handle my thoughts. What the hell had just happened?! My hand touched the spot where my heart was beating against my ribs.

“That would be enough, thanks”, I could hear my father reply from the kitchen and the two of them started talking about their days, but I was too busy processing my own and Zelo's behavior.

Is this really the Zelo from four weeks ago? The one who would insult me and hate Jongup whenever he had the chance to?

He wasn't. But why?

And what was with that back hug, is he even sane? “If there was someone who changed within seconds, you girls would probably think he's insane!”, Zelo's voice echoed in my head and I shook it. No way, this wasn't what I was actually thinking, I knew he was perfectly fine. It was rather....interesting. Time passed by with me just sitting on the sofa, staring into space until someone sat down beside me and I flinched at the sudden movement.

When I turned my head to the side, there was Zelo's face right next to me. “Sorry for crushing your rainbow-fantasy, I didn't mean to”, he mumbled with a frown. “Was It that hard for you?”

“Th-That's not it!”, I exclaimed quickly, causing him to lay a finger on his lips.

“Your father just left for his room to get some sleep, be quiet, will you?” I nodded with big eyes before I had to yawn, rubbing my eyes.

“It's not a rainbow-fantasy! It's a dream.” My serious words were interrupted by another yawn and, after he had given me a calculating gaze, Zelo lifted me up to carry me to my room. “What are you doing?!”, I hissed and he raised an eyebrow, because I knew his answer. “Stop this, I know, I'm not part of that drama! Now let me go!”

But he just kept carrying me up the stairs until he could put me down at the edge of my bed. A satisfied smirk played around his lips when he saw my pout. “Still not falling for me? Strange”, he whispered and I rolled with my eyes.

“It's no proof until you're being serious, I told you!”, I retorted, retreating to the opposite side of the bed. “And you're definitely not! Do you know how much you startled me with that?!”

He thought about my words for a while and then left while uttering something I couldn't understand or maybe didn't even want to understand, because all I wanted to do now was going to bed. God, what is wrong with this guy, I thought, still unable to calm my heartbeat while changing into comfortable clothes and burying myself in the huge blanket. “He really is an interesting person...”, I had to admit silently as I sat in the darkness. “But why would he do something like that? It's really too much. I wonder...”

What I didn't know at that time was, that he had thought of his talk with Jongup while imitating the drama-stuff. I would only find out what exactly it had been about weeks later, if not months.

What did Zelo say when he left my room? I still don't know it.

But after having a hard time falling asleep, I could finally calm down and close my eyes, dreaming of nothing but the warmth of a hug.

A dream you want to come true, huh?

 

 

Zelo's POV

 

I didn't know that drama would make me do risky things, but it did.

I had been thinking about my talk with Jongup-hyung ever since I had come back and seen Soora's face again. Is she worth the trust, this question sounded in my head over and over again as I carefully scanned her features while her eyes were glued to the TV screen. Something started moving in my chest and I realized that it was her fault, but I couldn't even blame her for it. It was nothing but happiness.

I was happy when I was with her, but why? Just because she behaved like a kid and as if everybody was her friend? Jongup had said that her childish features made her lovable. They really did.

Why was I confusing myself, it had never been like that! The drama she wanted to watch didn't make it become more clear to me: She was a delusional, naïve girl that didn't know the tiniest bit about the world she was actually living in. Yet, she experienced her mother's death, which is rather surprising, I repeated in my head for what seemed like the umpteenth time to me. “You actually enjoy watching this cheesy stuff?”, I eventually asked, scrunching my nose after the second episode had ended.

“I do!”, she exclaimed, obviously trying not to fangirl too hard. “Didn't you see the back hug? It was so cute of him, wasn't it? And when he carried her home, it was so sweet, too!”

We then led a discussion about how exaggerated dramas are, but she insisted on her opinion: that this was how the perfect boyfriend had to be. She thinks someone like this would make her fall in love, I concluded in my head and raised an eyebrow. That's not how it works though, I should show her. “So you still don't really agree with me”, I mumbled. “Okay, look.” That's when I stood up and pulled her into a tight embrace in a hurry, just like the drama had demonstrated it. I could feel the pace of my heartbeats getting faster and bit my lower lip as if that would help. She was about to ask me what I was doing and I was quick to interrupt her. “Proving you wrong”, was what I said, but my mind was saying something else.

Giving myself evidence of the fact that you are not just an acquaintance anymore. “It's not like you just fell for me, right, Kim Soora?”, I asked, letting her name sound soft in my own ears. I had said her full name! I had really done it! She...didn't actually fall for me, did she? I interpreted the feeling I got when she shook her head as relief, though I don't know why.

The front door was about to open and I let her go, walking up to her father who had just come home. Being an attentive “servant” and wanting to stay here for a bit longer, I tried to please him as much as possible, but he decided to heat up the pancake from the day before. A rather uncomplicated person, it seems. This family was different from my picture of rich families. We talked about our days and I found out that the problem with the damaged cargo wasn't solved yet, but they were working on it. Then, when Mr. Kim walked upstairs to retire for the day, I went into the living room again, noticing that Soora hadn't moved at all. Is she... Is she alright? She was just a bit rattled, it seemed, but she was obviously tired. Another idea popped up in my mind when I thought of the drama. Zelo, are you nuts?!

Do it, Junhong. Watch the reaction.

Don't.

I did it.

I picked her up and carried her into the bedroom, acting similar to the drama's male lead. Of course, she was protesting, but I didn't really care about that. I didn't care about my hurting hand either. “Still not falling for me? That's strange”, I said with a smirk as I placed her on her bed.

“It's no proof until you're being serious, I told you!”, she retorted, “And you're definitely not! Do you know how much you startled me?!”

Something in my chest started hurting when I heard these words – it was definitely not my rib – and I looked out of her window, thinking about what to say in reply. In the end, I decided not to tell her anything and just left the room, but some silent words escaped my lips when I walked past the door's frame: “Who said I wasn't being serious?”

I know what you'll say now: You can't change just like that, you hated her only a week ago! I didn't hate her, I just disliked the world she had built herself to live in. Call it jealousy, hatred, whatever, but at that point of the story, I had figured out that she was different from what she looked like at first and I was ready to change my ways.

But Zelo, why not just being satisfied with having her as a friend? Who knows? I just couldn't help it. I'm sure you know that feeling: Once you notice something about a person, you're not able to ignore it anymore, like for example a lisp or a special facial trait. It's the same with realizing what you feel regarding a person. And that's what I had realized while watching the drama: No matter how exaggerated they were, it could actually happen to you. A dream you want to come true, that's what she had said. My dreams were my reality and I wasn't happy about it.

If only my drama could at least have a happy end.

….Did it?

Maybe.

 

 

 


This is such a filler, because I needed some more ZeRa before moving on with the story xD Please bear with me until next time, it will get very interesting, I promise xD