TVXQ

A Mistake [ EDITING ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was an original day in TVXQ's apartment. Changmin was on the couch, watching television, waiting for his hyung to come back from his busy schedule. He glanced at the clock, it was 1:45 am and Yunho hadn’t come back yet. He sighed to himself, knowing that his hyung won't be back anytime soon. Just like every night, Changmin is watching the news. Actually, he wasn't interested until he heard something that got his attention. He turned the TV volume up and was surprised when he saw his hyungs on the television.

"JYJ, the idol group announced that they are focusing on their individual activities. Kim Junsu is practicing for the musical, ‘Dracula’. While, Park Yoochun is filming for his debut film called, ‘Sea Fog’, which will be released later on this year. Kim Jaejoong is filming for the new drama, ‘Triangle’ and he will be one of the main characters."

“Wah! Hyungs are really working hard,” Changmin thought as he reminisced all the memories that they shared together. The good times they spent together. The TRUE smiles that appeared on their faces. Somehow their smiles have changed. Don't ask me how! It just did. All five of them aren't smiling like before. It's just the sparkle that they used to have in their eyes, disappeared.

Changmin jumped out of his thoughts when he heard the door unlock. He can hear the footsteps getting closer.

"Oh... You are still awake.”

Changmin looked at his hyung who looked dead tired and nodded. "How was your day, hyung?" Changmin asked.

"Good,” Yunho responded shortly.

And, just like that the conversation ended. Changmin tried to come up with something to make it longer, but he knows that his hyung is not in the mood since he was tired. He always wondered 'Why would Yunho hyung change to a different person at night? Is it because he is tired from his schedule? Or is it because he was hurt and broken because of what happened to us?’ He told himself regularly that his hyung is only tired, but whenever he thought about the reasons, he ended up concluding that Yunho was broken. Yunho didn't speak about it but Changmin knew. For all these years he was with Yunho, he knew that dealing with him was very hard. He would speak normally in front of the cameras, but deep inside himself he was far...far away from his normal self. Whenever it was late at night, Yunho would be spacing out in his own world and mumbling things to himself when Changmin wasn't around, but still Changmin noticed that many times.

He knew that he can’t comfort the other and  tell him that everything is alright, because it wasn't. His mother always told him, “lying is bad”. He couldn’t hug him and let him cry in his shoulder because he wasn't allowed to. Yunho will cry and tell what he had kept to himself for one person and one person only. And this person, isn't around anymore. He left.

Changmin looked up at his hyung and saw that he was looking at something.  He followed his eyes and saw that he was looking at the television. Well lets correct it. It's not the television. It was the man that’s appearing on the television.

“Kim Jaejoong is attending…”

Changmin responded quickly and turned off the TV. He looked at his hyung. His eyes still glued on the TV. Changmin giggled awkwardly, hoping that it well work to lighten up the mood.

Yunho, then,  walked to the kitchen and Changmin followed after him. It was silent until Yunho finally broke it by saying, “Go to bed, Changmin."

"But..."

"No buts, Changmin. We have a busy schedule tomorrow. We should get up early."

"Hyung! Why are you making coffee?!"

"Go to bed, Changmin."

Changmin nodded, and turned to leave, but just then Yunho spoke.

"Don't forget to drink your water," Yunho handed him the glass, “I don't want you to wake up later for being thirsty. You won't be able to sleep afterwards.”

Changmin smiled and took the glass. He drank it happily, then placed it in the sink. 'It's the same words that umma used to tell me every night. Appa still remembers it. I am happy. Can I raise my hopes, or…’

He saw Yunho walking out of the kitchen and heading to sit on the couch, after placing his coffee on the table in front of the couch. Changmin looked at his hyung.

"Hyung… You shouldn't drink coffee now! You know, if you keep drinking coffee, you will be like a grandpa, an old man." After finishing what he said, he ran to his room as fast as he can. Before closing his door, he took one last look at his hyung and saw a glassy tear fall from his eyes.

Changmin entered his room and sat on his chair that was in front of the window. He sighed to himself. “Sorry hyung or let me say ‘appa’, but I just don't want you to give up on them. They left but still we know that they belong to us and we belong to them. We dreamed, laughed, cried, smiled together, and finally broke up. Hyung, I just wanna see you smile from your heart. A true smile, not a fake one. Sorry hyung, I know that what I said about drinking coffee is harsh. I didn't want you to forget the most precious person in your life. If bringing back the old

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter