Pre-School

A Grand Adventure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sunhee's POV

“Ahjussi, aren't you going to work?” I asked my husband, who was sitting on our daughter's bed, as I rummaged through Jiyul's dressers in search of something for her to wear. It was her first day of school and even though it was unnecessary, I wanted to pick out something cute for her. I don't think the small child had ever worn the same thing twice since she's been born. It's amazing for a kid but when your dad buys you a whole department store, I personally think he has a shopping addiction, your options were endless.

 

Yunho shook his head no and attempted to fit his long body over Jiyul's bed. “It's my baby's first day of school. I need to be here. Work can come later.” I rolled my eyes at my husband's irresponsible decision but also understood that he had good intentions. Besides, it was no use trying to stop him anyway.

 

I finally found a nice outfit for Jiyul through the endless amount of clothing and waited for the little girl to come out of the bathroom, her insisting that she could brush her teeth just fine on her own. Not a minute later, Jiyul came walking out of the bathroom, her eyes lighting up the moment she saw her father. “Daddy!” Our daughter bounded off, sprinting across the room and jumping on the bed, right into her father's arms. “Are you going to help me get ready, daddy?” Sometimes I had a feeling her father was her favorite between the two of us but I also knew that she didn't get to spend as much time with as because of his job. So anytime he was home, her attention would only be on him. 

“I am, pumpkin.” The usually stiff man cooed softly at his only child. Holding her delicately in his arms, he sat up and then her hair. “I'm even going to take you to school today.”

“Good!” It was apparent how happy Jiyul over the fact that her dad would be spending time with her and that made her much more compliant on wanting to go to school, unlike last night where she was throwing a tantrum. The little girl was acting as if nothing ever happened.

 

Seeing that my existence was no longer noticed in the presence's of my husband and daughter, I excused myself downstairs to make Jiyul a little lunch for school, adding a few extra snacks so she could share with her classmates.

 

Yunho's POV

“You look very cute in the dress, pumpkin.” I complimented my little girl as I gently combed through her long hair. “You look like a princess.” Sunhee has chosen a cotton blue dress, the top half filled with stripes while the skirt had polka dots. The dress was simple but Jiyul looked beautiful and that wasn't me being bias. 

 

She sent me a small smile and said, “Thank you, daddy.” I kept her hair style simple, down, and added one flower clip as an accent to the side before turning her around to face me. “What's wrong, pumpkin. You don't sound very excited.” It was easy to know when my daughter wasn't happy. She was usually a very calm child, happy, but very calm and the smile from earlier was obviously forced.

 

The young child pouted and played with the ends of her sleeves. “Do I have to go to school, daddy? I don't want to leave you and mommy.”

“Jiyul...” I took a hold of her small, small hands and softly kissed them. “Pumpkin, you have to go. You nee

Please log in to read the full chapter