Pumpkin

A Grand Adventure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yunho's POV

“When will this crap end?” I mumble in exhaustion as I sat in the dark lit room of my study.

 

Two weeks on a business trip, and then a few hours rest, I was already back to work. I spent hours and hours at my office slaving away and by the time I was able to come home and see my family, they were both already asleep and of course, I still had more work to do. It was well past midnight at this point and the high stacks of papers on my desk and endless list of emails on my laptops just didn't grow any smaller, if anything, after I checked one item, 10 more arrived.

 

I rubbed my strained eyes as I looked out the window, staring at the rain and doused my well-manicured yard. It was hard being away from home so often because of work. So many month out of a year do I spend it off in another country away from my family. And when I was home, I still wasn't always beside my wife and now four year old daughter. I felt like I was missing out on so much of their lives.

 

“Daddy?”
The voice I heard was like the number one cure in the world; sweet, cute, and pure. Once hearing the sound, my worries and stress immediately vanished. I swiveled my chair around and smiled at the little girl standing hesitantly by the door, her cotton nightgown falling down to her feet and her bunny slippers peeking out. I beckoned the young girl over and Jiyul didn't hesitate to dash over to the desk, climbing into my lap before I could even scoop her up.

“Hey, pumpkin.” I settled the squirming girl in my arms and kissed the top of her forehead. “Why are you up, Jiyul?” I tried to sound firm because the little girl was up well pastt her bed time but even I knew she had me wrapper around her fingers.
“I missed you, daddy.” Jiyul stated while cuddling her nose into my shirt and that was all it took for my resolve to faltered.

 

The chunky baby that liked yanking my hair had grown up to a cute, round cheeked, beauty. She wasn't mischievous anymore like she was when she was an infant but Jiyul had grew up to be more quiet and reserved, which was odd since Sunhee and myself were a bit more on the....abrasive side and

Please log in to read the full chapter