Hush Little Baby

A Grand Adventure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sunhee's POV

I paced back and forth in the living room and constantly glanced at the grandfather clock sitting near the grand fireplace. “Want time is ahjussi coming home?” I spoke to myself as a wistful sigh escaped my lips at the late time. “It's nearly 11 and he still isn't here.” It is his first day back to work, Sunhee. I told myself to ease my worries. He had told me earlier, when Jiyul and I went to visit him, that the office had fallen to a mess during the period he was gone. He had a lot of work to pick up and even fired a few people for slacking during his absence. In short, he was in a load of crap.

 

I sighed deeply as I continued to worry about my husband. Jiyul was long asleep and I would have been too but I didn't like Yunho not being here. It was going to take me awhile to get used to not having him around all the time like before.

 

Meow.

I felt a tickling sensation at my ankle and looked down, seeing Bambi stare up at me with her yellow, cat eyes. “Hi Bambi.” I crouched down and scooped the cat into my arms, nuzzling my face into her soft fur. “Did you come in to keep me company?” I asked while carrying the cat towards the windows that lead to the driveway. “Are you worried about him too? He hasn't called me and he's late. You don't think anything happened to him, do you?” I stated my worries to our beloved pet.

Meow.

Bambi rubbed her head against my chin and purred, her actions a way to comfort me. “He probably just had a lot of work to catch up on.”

 

Bambi and I left the windows and instead went to sit on the long couch, turning the television on and watching some late night program to occupy my time. But as minutes went by, my eyes began to feel heavy and it was suddenly much harder to stay awake.

 

 

“Sunhee.”

What?

“Sunhee, wake up.”

Who's calling me?

“Sun-”

Is that ahjussi?

“Who else would it be, Sunhee?”

It finally registered in my mind that the voice I was hearing wasn't my imagination but my husband was finally home. And when I thought I was speaking in my mind, I had actually voiced aloud. I sat up from the couch, I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep, and rubbed my bleary eyes so I could see Yunho clearly. “What took you so long?” I asked as soon as I found my voice and conscientious was brought back to my mind. Yunho didn't answer. He instead sat by my side and soothingly rubbed my back. “What are you doing down here? You should be asleep upstairs.”

“I was waiting for you.” I scratched my head then tugged down my short shorts. “It's past midnight. You're just getting home?” My husband nodded apologetically and continued to rub my back. 

 “Sorry. There was a lot of work to do.”

 

I was too tired. As Yunho told me more about is day, my eyes drifted closed beyond my control and I was falling back asleep. Yunho's voice seemed to be drifting further and further away and before I knew, I felt like I was floating.


“Wha-what?” I was way too out of it tonight.

“If you were bored of my story, you should have told me, Sunhee.” Yunho teased and it took me a few seconds to realize he was carrying me. “I'll put you to bed. And I'm gonna assume that Jiyul's asleep.”

I hummed in response and cuddled my nose into Yunho's suit jacket. “Yeah. I think she's been asleep for a few hours now.”

 

Before I knew it, I felt my back resting against something soft and foamy and I knew that Yunho had set me down on our bed. “Stay here, Sunhee.” He told. Pst, as if I had the energy to go anywhere else. “I'm gonna clean up. I'll be back soon.”

“S-sssure.” I slurred out, too tired to really care. “Come back quickly.”

Please log in to read the full chapter