Sick Wife

A Grand Adventure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yunho's POV

“Ah...” I groaned in pain when Jiyul had grabbed a fistful of my hair into her chubby hands. “Jiyul, don't pull daddy's hair. You're hurting him.” I complained and winced when she gave my head another tug. The chubby baby that was resting in my arms gave me a toothy grin before blubbering an adorable giggle.

 

“You're laughing at daddy. Are you beating me because I leave you and mommy alone so much?” I sighed when she smiled and bounced my daughter in my arms, stirring the abalone porridge I was making for Sunhee. “I'll take that as a yes. ” I continued to stir the thick concoction, tasting it, then adding flavors when I found necessary, all the while balancing a very hyperactive Jiyul in my arms.

“Aaaaahhh....aarrgghh!” My daughter wailed into my arm before she once again jabbed her stumpy hands into my hair and practically yanked my hair out.

 

“Ah, ah! Ow, Jiyul!” I yelped in pain while desperately trying to pull her hands away from my hand. “Jiyul. Why are you being so mean to daddy? What did I do to you?” Again, and of course, I didn't get an answer but a very pleased smile. I stared at my trouble maker of a daughter and was suddenly reminded of someone else who was just as troublesome. “You know...I'm beginning to think you'll be like your mother. She always had a thing for bothering me. I don't know if I can deal with two of you though....” I sighed at the thought and went to place Jiyul in her high chair, deciding that freeing my arms would be easier for me to finish Sunhee's recovery lunch.

 

Sunhee had unfortunately caught a nasty cold and had to be put to bed rest for the past couple of days. She's done nothing but sleep for the the last two days and she had finally showed signs of getting better. And to feed her mostly empty stomach, I wasn't going to make my wife some plain and simple porridge. I was going to make abalone porridge filled with nutrients to aid her recovery.

 

Once the porridge was cooked to perfection...or to edibleness, I scooped some up into a bowl and set it on a serving tray, along with a glass of water. But for now, I had to place the tray aside because I also had a chubby baby to tend to. I went over to the high chair where Jiyul was sitting, watching my every move and scooped the lump into my arms. “Alright, my lump.” I began softly, bouncing her up and down in my arms as I took the flight upstairs. “You're gonna go crawl around in your play pin for a bit.” Walking down the rather long hallway, I swung the door to my daughter's nursery open and walked towards the wide playpen that was set up in the middle of the room. “Alright, Jiyul. Stay here and behave while daddy goes take care of mommy.”

 

The small child smiled and grasped onto a set of toy keys and shoo

Please log in to read the full chapter