Home

A Grand Adventure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sunhee's POV
“Ugh, I'm so glad to be back home.” I announced into the vast living room as soon as Yuho and I entered our large house. “I hate hospitals.” I finished with a grumble, wanting nothing more but to drop on the ground and sleep.

“You were only in there for a few days, Sunhee.” Yunho came in after me and said, holding a sleeping Jiyul in her carrier. “It wasn't too bad.”

“Yes it was.” I argued while slowly walking up the stairs towards my daughter's nursery. “I was sick of being in the stupid room all day.”

“You're home now.” My husband said while placing a hand on the small of my back. “And so is our baby.”

 

I smiled at his words and continued climbing the stairs until we reached our baby's nursery. After months of preparations and Yunho agreeing to my every request, the nursery room ending up being a bright and calming child's room with blue walls, rainbows, and clouds. It had large open windows where natural light easily shined in on and I was almost jealous of the room I designed not belonging to me.

 

 

I turned to face my husband and gestured him forward so I could grab our daughter and place her in the crib. I made sure to tuck her in securely so that there was extra cushion around her small body and then placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, staring down at her lovingly.

 

“You know, you're maternal instinct kicked in a lot sooner than I thought.” Yunho spoke from behind me. “What do you mean?” I asked, crossing my arms then facing him.

“Well you're pretty childish.” I shot Yunho a glare at his words. “But surprisingly, you're taking on the mother role well.”

“Of course.” I huffed with an eye roll. “A woman becomes a mother as soon as she's carrying the child.” My arms reached out to hugged my husband and I hummed happily when he pulled me into his chest. “I've always wanted children despite my personality, ahjussi.”

“Me too.” His voice was so soft that I had to strain to hear him.

 

I stared up at Yunho in wonder and almost blushed at his smoldering eyes. His gaze was so loving and tender that it made me want to curl up and hide from the sheer intensity they held. Never had he stared at me like he was now; as if I were some sacred being. It made me question what had suddenly got my cold husband so soft but I'm sure the answer was clear. He was a father now.

 

I felt Yunho's rough hands gently massaging my sore hip before I felt his lips on the side of my head. “Do you want to go rest, Sunhee?” He asked tenderly. Yunho's voice was so loving and kind that I barely remember his rugged voice he used to use with me when we first met. “I can watch the baby while you sleep. She's only sleeping now anyway.” I nearly swooned at his kind nature. His unsuspecting and spontaneous sweetness would forever be the death of me. Yunho was caring, yes, he was attentive, absolutely, but he was never forwardly sweet and affectionate. There were only rare moments, like now, where he revealed his gentlest of sides. “You need the rest more than I do.”

“Are you sure?” Honestly, I just wanted to curl up in bed and nap. My entire body was sore and I was hurting everywhere and this was the perfect opportunity to do so.

Please log in to read the full chapter