A Nice Visit

A Grand Adventure
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Holy....!” Oh Sehun gasped in utter astonishment as soon as he stepped out of his car and eyed the gargantuan house his sister called home. The lawn was grand and well manicured, the house was honestly the biggest home he had ever seen, and he was sure the inside was fit for a king. Noona is so lucky.

 

Since his sister moved into her new home, Sehun hadn't actually came over to check the place out so now that he see's the place, he was amazed. This place was huge. He wasn't able to marvel at such a fine sight for long. Before he could even utter another word, he felt a harsh whack land at the back of his neck, his head catapulting forward from the force. “Ow! What the heck grandpa?” Sehun whined while rubbing his sore neck, facing the culprit that would abuse him. “What did you hit me for?!”

 

The boy flinched when his grandfather raised his hand to smack him again and with surprising speed, he stepped back and hid behind his grandmother for protection. “Don't swear in front of me, Sehun.” His strict though loving grandfather ordered. “I don't appreciate that sort of language.”
“You didn't need to hit me.” Sehun clicked his tongue and adverted his gaze back to his sister's big house. “But fuc- I mean goodness...” He cleared his throat when he caught the old man's gaze and immediately changed his choice of words. “This house is a mansion.”
“Hm...” His grandfather hummed thoughtfully, he too eying the large home in interest. “I guess marrying her off to the rigid man wasn't a bad idea.”

 

The Oh's grandfather was rather wary of the man named Jung Yunho. Yeah, he was rich, but he didn't want his one and only granddaughter to involve herself with someone with such a high profile. He feared that one day, his eccentric granddaughter would get dumped but the dashing CEO.

 

“Shall we go in?” A sweet, old lady asked her husband and grandson, wanting nothing more but to see her granddaughter. “I'm sure they're waiting for us.” Unlike her husband, the Oh's grandmother was a sweet, small lady – the typical endearing grandma someone would imagine that carried sweets around in her bag. She was calm, sweet, and simply a jolly old lady that everybody loved. It wasn't hard to see why her husband fell for her.

 

“Why is there such a long walkway to the entrance?” Sehun complained as he stared up ahead, feeling like the doorway was miles away. “I feel like this place needs its own area code.”

 

Yunho's POV
“They're here!” Sunhee perked up and squealed as soon as she saw her relatives' car pulling up into our driveway. She got up from the small bench by the window and spun around, her feet moving quickly out of the room.

“Sunhee!” I yelled in alarm at the speed she was moving. What the heck, you stupid woman? I thought to myself in anger as I held Jiyul into my arms and began chasing after Sunhee. You aren't supposed to be doing any strenuous activities.

 

Sunhee had been waiting all day for the arrival of her grandparents and brother. She had paced around the house, peeked out the window, and counted down the minutes until her relatives would arrive and it honestly was kinda cute to see. As I was holding Jiyul in my arms and keeping a hawk eye on my wife, a smile easily grew on my face at her excitement. But she had to ruin it all by running through the big house with her clumsy self.

 

“Sunhee, don't run!!” I hollered after her, cradling my daughter safely in my chest as I chased my wife down the long flight of stairs. Please don't fall, please don't fall. I chanted in my head. God what was this woman even doing. She was supposed to be resting. The only thing Sunhee should be doing is taking care of Jiyul with me and taking care of herself. She wasn't supposed to run around like a wild chicken. This could damage her health.
 

“Oh, I missed you guys so much, grandpa and grandma!” My eyes twitched when Sunhee flung the door open and then sprinted forward, flinging herself onto her grandparents. I wanted to yell at her and I had half a mind to but I also didn't want to come off as rude in front of her grandparents. Her grandfather was already cautious of me. I didn't need an actual reaso

Please log in to read the full chapter