A Better Day

A Grand Adventure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sunhee's POV

“Ahjussi, this is the fourth time you've called this morning.” I complained as I tried balancing the phone between my ear and shoulder, all the while cradling Jiyul in my arms and feeding her.
“What do you want this time?”

“How are you doing?” My husband asked in concern, his voice rough yet soothing at the same time.
“Fiiinnneee.” I drawled with an eye roll because my goodness, this was the fourth phone call I got from my silly husband in a span of two hours. Really? Did he have so little faith in me to take care of Jiyul alone?

 

Today marked the end of Yunho's leave from work, unfortunately for the three of us, and he had to return to work after being gone for two months. But before he even left the house, he didn't hesitate to blast his concerns over me being all alone with Jiyul. It was question after question over whether I would be alright with the baby before I was able to convince him to leave. And by the time that happened, he was already an hour late for work. Times have sure changed since the first time we met. Yunho didn't even care about punctuality now. That rebel.

 

“Nothing has changed from 30 minutes ago when you last called me, ahjussi.” I added, readjusting Jiyul when she was full and resting her against my shoulder, thumping her back gently to get her to burp. “Don't you have work to do?”

“Yes....” He started out slowly. I heard him sighing on the other end then the sound of shuffled papers. “But I'm worried about you.”
“Why?” I questioned with a snort. “I'll have you know Jiyul and I are doing very well.”

“Yeah but...” Another sigh emitted from his lips. “You're Sunhee. Clumsy. I mean, what if you tripped while carrying Jiyul? Or, or,.....our stairs are really steep, what if you fall down them?!”

“What?” I uttered in disbelief. “Okay...I'm clumsy but I've never tripped down any stairs and-”
 

“Oh my god we have glass furniture!” He interrupted and began to list more unreasonable scenarios. “What if you bump into them and they shatter and you get cut?! I need to get home. I have to-”
“Ahjussi!” I had to yelled to get his attention which also startled Jiyul. I kissed her head when she whined and patted her bottom to calm her down. “When did you become such a worry wart? Jiyul and I are perfectly okay. I'm only feeding her.”

“Really?” Yunho sounded hopeful. He needed assurance that all was well. “Yeah.” I replied. “I'll probably take her on a walk in a bit, maybe to the-”
“Walk?!” Yunho suddenly barked in fright. “No! There's dangerous people outside! And thorns, pollutions.” He stopped suddenly. “Sunhee, you can't go out. You have to stay inside and-”

 

“Mm, okay byyyee!” I hummed in a nasally voice before abruptly hanging up on the old man, ending our conversation like that. I placed the cell phone aside and bounced my daughter in my arms, tickling her little belly before saying, “Your daddy is silly, isn't he?” I asked, though not expecting an answer. “He's worried over nothing.” I sighed in exasperation at my husband's behavior then lifted Jiyul up high with my arms. “Shall w

Please log in to read the full chapter