Monster-in-Law

A Grand Adventure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sunhee's POV

“I want the walls painted a rose pink with gold accents and linings.” My mother-in-law began listing as we sat in the interior designer's office.

 

Ugh, what sin did I commit in my last life to deserve this? Why must I love a man with such a complicating mother?

 

“Make sure to have crystal embellishments as well.” She added. “I want nothing less for my only granddaughter, alright?” The woman didn't even take a breath before continuing. “I want deep oak furniture for the baby and make sure the floor is plush carpets that are a light, creamy pink.”

The interior designer struggled to keep up with all the crazy woman's demand and I struggled to keep my patience. Since morning time, this lady just wouldn't stop barking out orders. If it isn't one thing, then it's another, or something else. She practically had me spinning in circles and half the time she wasn't even talking to me.


“Mother.” Yunho opened his mouth and called, stopping his mother's rant. “This is mine and Sunhee's child. We should decide on the decorations.” He reasoned from his seat beside me, reaching out a hand to hold onto mine.
“Don't be selfish, Yunho.” His mom sneered. “This is my granddaughter. I have the right to make decisions for her.”
“Yes but she's our daughter.” My husband firmly rebutted, his mother and him having a stare down. “Any decisions made about her should be done by us.”
“Yunho-”
“If you want to decorate the room, fine.” He stood his ground and defended his position without his mother putting in her input. “But run your ideas through Sunhee as well. After all, the person that will be spending the most time in the nursery is Sunhee and our daughter. Not you, not me but them.” I gave Yunho's hand an appreciative squeeze and scooted closer to him, wanting some comfort.
 

Though Yunho's mom was silent, I could tell she was fuming on the inside, angry that she wasn't getting her way. And usually, I would be slightly intimidated by the woman but at the moment, I was just annoyed. I hated how she thought she could waltz into our home and demand everything her way. This was mine and Yunho's child, I wasn't going to let her hold the reigns on anything.

 

“Sunhee, what do you think of my ideas?” Yunho's mother honey coated voice rang, asking for my opinion mockingly. “They're lovely, aren't they?”
“Well I like the idea of the plush carpets.” I slowly began, treading the mother-in-law territory carefully. “But I'm not sure about everything else.”
“What do you mean?” She challenged with a raised brow, eying me in distaste because I dared to defy her.
“Rose pink walls are fine. The oak furniture it okay too.” I voiced. “But I'm not liking the gold and crystals. She's a baby, I prefer child like decorations instead.”
“She's an heiress. She deserves a lavish life.” The grandmother to be retorted sharply.
“I prefer to raise her with a humble lifestyle.” I calmly stated, not backing down.
“What?” Grandmama roared. “She's a Jung! I-”


“Mother.” Ag

Please log in to read the full chapter