Worries and Midnight Conversations

A Grand Adventure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yunho's POV

I lied there awake in the middle of the night staring up at the high ceilings as I drowned in my thoughts. My mind was running wild tonight and there were so many thoughts jumbled in my noggin at the moment, that things were on overdrive. I couldn't sleep because all these thoughts were worrying me to no end.

 

This was a frequent thing for me lately; being awake in the middle of the night staring off at nothing as my thoughts consumed my being. Before, if I was ever worried about anything, it was always and only work. Once I met Sunhee, she was the one that took up that space but now? Now I was worried of not only Sunhee, but also my unborn child.

 

There were so many things I was nervous about to having this child. Don't get me wrong, I was happy. Stupidly ecstatic if that made any sense but I was also frighten about the thought of parenthood. I was always imaging what it would be like once the baby is here and how Sunhee and I would manage.

 

Honestly, I get concerned and I am worried about what Sunhee will be like as a mother. There was so much to say about this girl before yet so little needed. Sunhee, as sweet as she may be, is a total klutz. What happens if she trips and drops the baby? Or if she was walking and accidentally bangs the poor child's on some mass. Maybe I should have more faith in my wife, and I do, but I can't help but worry. Especially with a track record like hers. She tripped, fell, and hurt herself on a daily basis and always had me scared for her safety. Now with a baby, I had two people's safety to mull over.

 

And myself as a parent? Well my work schedule was usually jammed pack to the point where I barely even slept on some nights. I didn't even have time to eat properly. And my intensive schedule didn't spare Sunhee either. Her and I had a strong relationship but really, we didn't see each other much. Any time I had free, yes I did spend on her, but would I have enough time for the baby? Of course I'll do anything for my child but will my limited free time be enough?

 

We were taking a few parenting classes here and there, read plenty of baby books, and asked relatived who already experience parenthood but nothing was going to help like first hand experience. Sunhee and I have watched kids before, always my relatives children, but like I've said, watching and raising kids were two completely different things.

 

I turned to the side and faced Sunhee, watching as her chest moved up and down as she slept deeply. I groaned softly and scooted closer to her form (no, she didn't stop that habit) and pulled her closer to me, my hands drifting down south until they landed on her stomach. I caressed her soft skin and the slight bulge of her stomach that showed once she hit three months. How will we fare as parents, Sunhee?

 

With a sigh, I tossed the duvet aside, revealing mine and Sunhee's form as I maneuvered down to rest my cheek against her stomach. I her sides and began talking to her stomach in a hush tone, telling the baby my worries.

 

“How are you in there, kiddy?” I cooed to Sunhee's tummy, as if the baby could hear me. “Are you eating and sleeping well?” I quieted down, waiting fo

Please log in to read the full chapter