A Miracle

A Grand Adventure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sunhee's POV

“Be calm and breath, Sunhee.” Yunho whispered into my ear as I held onto his hand in a deathly grip. “Just like we learned in all those birthing classes.” I shut my eyes tightly and tried to drone out the unbearable pain, doing my best to listen to my husband and the doctors coaching.

 

The day finally arrived where Yunho and my daughter would arrive into this world. It was a little unexpected, as her due date was a week away, but as we were lounging in Yunho's office back home, a constant string of contractions kept hitting me and before I knew it, my water broke and Yunho rushed us to the hospital.

 

“I'm scared.” I whimpered in pain, gripping my husbands even tighter. “What if something happens?”

“There's nothing to be scared of.” Yunho soothed calmly and I've never felt so much comfort from hearing his deep voice. “Everything's gonna be fine.” I felt his rough fingers gently push the damp bangs that were sticking to my forehead away and then his warm lips pressing themselves on my temple. It was so rare for us to be this affectionate and it brought me immense relief and comfort that I had him right beside during this life altering time.

 

“What if something happens?” I was scared. Terrified of complications during birth. This was the reason why I was so against kids when I was younger because I didn't know what would happen. I wasn't the motherly type of girl, nor was I gentle and caring. I had no clue how to be a parent and I was terrified I would completely fail as a mother.

“Nothing will. I'll make sure of it.” My husband continued to placate. “Don't worry about anything and just do as the doctor tells you, Sunhee.” He said. “We'll worry about everything else once our daughter is here.”

 

I was losing my breath from trying to keep calm and deal with the pain. My mind and emotions were in a whirlwind and I could feel tears forming in the corners of my eyes.

“Don't cry, Sunhee. Please don't.” I heard Yunho's pleading voice. “You have to be calm for me and our daughter. She's coming here to see us.” I really tried but after his soft words, the tears cascaded down my cheeks.

 

“Miss.” This time the doctor called me. “I need you to be calm and push. The baby is coming.” And that's all I needed to hear for the reality of it all to fully and finally sink in. From the corner of my eyes, I could see a large and excited smile forming on Yunho's lips as he shifted in his seats due to nerves. “Sunhee, come on. I'm here for you.” He whispered into my ears. “We're in this together.”

 

So I did my best. I gathered all my strength and listened to the instructions and pushed. It was exhausting, painful, and draining. But I knew that once our daughter is

Please log in to read the full chapter