Chapter 8

Trouble

“Wh--!” Tiffany almost stumbled when Taeyeon abruptly pulled her closer.

“Shhhh. Don’t protest. Sooyoung is coming our way.” Taeyeon whispered to hear ear. Tiffany was having her back against Taeyeon, eyes focused on what to choose to buy among the jams in front of her. When she turned she saw Sooyoung approaching.

“Oh. HI Sooyoung!” Tiffany greeted brightly. They have already told their friends about their “relationship.” And as expected, their friends were more than happy about the “big news.”

“Couple shopping? That’s sweet. By the way, Hyoyeon is having her niece’s birthday party this weekend. Are you coming? I just saw her a couple of hours ago. She was having a hard time what gift to buy.” Sooyoung stated matter-of-factly.

“Sure. We should look for a gift Taetae.” Tiffany eyesmiled while clinging unto her “girlfriend’s” arm.

“Ye—yeah we should. After our grocery let’s go to the Baby’s Section then.” Taeyeon responded.

“Where you headed Soo?” Taeyeon asked.

“Just getting some ingredients for the cake Seohyun will be baking for Hyoyeon’s niece.”

“Oh okay. Send our regards to maknae. And please stop yourself from eating the cake before it gets to Hyoyeon’s hands this weekend.”

“Will surely do Taeng.” Then Sooyoung leaned closer and whispered something to Taeyeon’s ear before bidding goodbye leaving an all flushed Taeyeon and a smirking Sooyoung.

“Bye Fany-ah!” Sooyoung once again waved.

“What did she tell you? Why are you red all of a sudden?” Tiffany asked curiously.

“No---nothing.” Taeyeon avoided her girlfriend’s eyes and pretended to bend down to fix her shoes. Tiffany then loosened her hold on Taeyeon’s arm and proceeded in scanning again the jams.

Stupid shikshin. Taeyeon took her time fixing her shoelace to let the redness in her face and ears subside.

“You really look good together Taeng. Tiffany’s such a sweet girlfriend isn’t she?” Sooyoung added with a wink.

Shikshin. Taeyeon is still a bit uncomfortable when complimented about their relationship and about how they look so good together. How about on Tiffany’s side? She doesn’t know. Tiffany acts so well and handles the situation like a pro.

Ever since they became good friends Tiffany has always been a sweet friend. She likes clinging her arm unto Taeyeon and leaning her head against Taeyeon’s shoulder. Taeyeon didn’t mind all of it since she knows that the other girl is just the sweet type. But when they started the whole “couple” thing Taeyeon feels a bit awkward acting all sweet towards Tiffany. Maybe because she knows that this time whenever they act all too sweetly, people would think how such a perfect couple they are. She didn’t mind it back then because there was no malice. Because they were only friends. But now that they have to act like a real couple, she’s not sure anymore. She’s not sure when and how to switch roles from a friend and “girlfriend”. She’s never been good at acting anyways. She’s just thankful that Tiffany is such a good actress. She can convince anyone that they really are a sweet and happy couple.

‘Guess there’s no backing out now. We’ve come this far. I just hope whenever I finally face Jessica, Tiffany would be strong enough to support my back and prevent me from running away.

***

Taeyeon and Tiffany then went to the Baby’s Section after their grocery. They walked hand in hand while looking at different baby stuffs. Tiffany was focused eyeing the variety of baby dresses in front of her while she was clinging unto Taeyeon who was also eyeing the same stuff. Taeyeon felt her phone vibrate and took it out using her other hand.

From: Soo

                I told yah you really good together.

               Done deciding yet on what to buy for your baby Taeng-appa? :P

“What the….” It was only then she realized how Tiffany and she looked like while busy looking at the baby stuff. A hue of pink crept through her cheeks.  Luckily Tiffany wasn’t looking at her or the other girl would notice. Taeyeon looked around trying to locate where Sooyoung could be happening to spot them.

“Looking for someone?” Tiffany interrupted her.

“Ah nothing. Just trying to look for some other stuff.” That Shiksin.

“Oh okay. Let’s try looking there.” Tiffany dragged Taeyeon on the other side of the store.

***

“What’s taking you so long Fany-ah? Where gonna be late.” Taeyeon shouted from across the living room. She was done minutes ago and decided to play some games on her phone while waiting for the other girl.

“Comiiiing!”

She could hear the other girl ran from her bedroom and stopped beside her.

“I was having a hard time looking for the necklace to match this new dress I bought last week.”

“What dr---Oh. That dress.” She glanced up and her breath hitched at the sight of Tiffany. Her eyes traveled from head to toe.

Tiffany wasn’t wearing a too revealing dress. Just slightly off shoulder showing her porcelain skin on her bare shoulders. The dress hung perfectly on her body emphasizing her figure. The color also contrasted her skin tone making her seem to glow.

Tayeon gulped.

“So?”

“S—so what?"

“Is it okay? Does it look good?”

“Uh---yes. It looks nice.” Taeyeon regained her composure.

“Come on let’s go now.” She stood up and walked ahead towards the door. Tiffany can only tilt her head and obediently followed behind.

***

They finally arrived at the place for Hyoyeon niece’s party. Taeyeon got off the car and opened the door for Tiffany. This gesture has become a habit of Taeyeon whenever they’re together. It has also become a habit for her to open doors and pull out a chair for Tiffany. Tiffany didn’t mind the gestures though. It was heartwarming being taken care of. She’s just not sure whether the girl is only doing such things because they’re supposed to be acting like real couples do or it’s just what the other girl is by nature. Caring.

“Ohhh. Finally they’re here.” Sooyoung welcomed them with a wide smile and eyed Taeyeon mischievously.

“Sorry Soo. It’s my fault.” Tiffany gave an apologetic look.

“It’s fine. I came in just a few minutes ahead of you.” Sooyoung grinned.

“So where’s Hyoyeon and her niece?” Taeyeon was looking around.

“They’re inside. Her niece was crying a while ago so her mother gave her milk and went inside.”

“Ah.” Taeyeon could only nod. She wasn’t liking the way Sooyoung is giving her a mischievous smile ever since they arrived.

They then found a table and took their seats. It was only then that Taeyeon and Tiffany let go of their intertwined hands while Sooyoung kept a knowing smile.

“Taeyeon-unnie! Tiffany-unnie!” They heard Seohyun approach their table.

“Hi Seo!” Tiffany beamed a smile accepting the hug from the maknae. Taeyeon also gave the maknae a warm smile and a hug.

“Wow. Tiffany-unnie you look so beautiful on that dress! Isn’t she Sooyoung-unnie?”

“It really looks good on her. Tiffany here has become so much prettier these days. Wonders of being of in love.” Sooyoung answered Seohyun’s question truthfully and playfully batted her eyes looking at them then gave Taeyeon a wink.

“Isn’t she Taeyeon?” Sooyoung is now grinning. Enjoying the reactions she’s getting from Taeyeon’s face.

“Y—yes of course. And the dress definitely looks good on her.” Taeyeon answered but is too shy to look Tiffany in the eyes.

“Jeez. Thank you. I’ve been pampered by a caring girlfriend. So I guess this is the result.” Tiffany spoke with an eyesmile.

“Ahwww. That’s so sweet Tiffany-unnie.”

It was only then that she had the courage to look at Tiffany in the eyes and she found a genuine smile her girlfriend is giving her. She also gave a warm smile and squeezed Tiffany’s hand under the table. They have only let go of each other’s hand a few minutes ago but both of their hands found its way to hold and intertwine again.

“That’s so cheezy.” Sooyoung spoke.

“Hey Seo, can you get some of the cake you baked? Let’s have these two taste it.” Sooyoung added.

“Oh okay unnie.” Seohyun stood up.

“Wait. I’ll go with you. I’ll help.” Tiffany offered and also stood up.

“Would you like anything else Taetae?”

“Uhh----just water please.”

“Okay. Be right back.” Tiffany tapped Taeyeon’s shoulder before living.

“Let it out shikshin.” Taeyeon spoke after Tiffany & Seohyun were out of earshot.

Sooyoung then laughed hard even tapping the table. After a while her laughter died down, she then spoke.

“You know Taeng, you really look like a high schooler who just got her puppy love. You should’ve seen the way your face gives you away. You’ve been together for a few months now and yet you still get all too shy when being teased with your girlfriend.”

“Ohhh. I do?” Taeyeon could only blush. She didn’t know she was that obvious.

“Yes. You do.” Sooyoung was still grinning.

“B—but what’s so wrong about that?”

“There is nothing wrong about it. I just find it cute and sweet that you still act that way towards your girlfriend even after some time of being together. You could still feel the fluttering feeling of butterflies in your stomach. That’s just cute and sweet you know.”

“Ohhh.” Taeyeon never thought about that. She wasn’t paying much attention of how she’s feeling inside whenever Tiffany is around.

They were interrupted when the two came back with Seohyun carrying a plate with slices of cake and Tiffany carrying Taeyeon’s water.

“Taeyeon-unnie you wouldn’t mind sharing a plate with Tiffany-unnie right?”

“Not at all. It’s okay Seo and thanks.” Taeyeon gave Seohyun a warm smile and took the plate from her.

Tiffany took the fork and cut a small piece of cake.

“Taetae, aaaah.” Tiffany gestured to feed Taeyeon.

Taeyeon was taken aback but then slowly complied. She shyly opened and chewed. When she glanced at Sooyoung, the shikshin was smiling widely while Seohyun had twinkling eyes watching them.

“Well? How does it taste unnie?”

“Hmmmm.”

Taeyeon took her time to taste the cake. Before giving Seohyun a thumbs up. Which Seohyun responded with a huge smile.

“Taeyeon-unnie, feed also Tiffany-unnie.” Seohyun gestured for her to pick up the fork. Tiffany was smiling observing how happy Seohyun was after being complimented about her baked cake.

 Taeyeon was hesitant to pick up the fork but did it anyway. She took a small slice and fed Tiffany. Which Tiffany gladly welcomed and gave her an eyemile. Out of the corner of Taeyeon’s eye she could see the smirk on Sooyoung’s face. Oh how much she wanted to kick the girl’s that time.

“Hmmm. It’s really good Seohyun-ah.” Tiffany spoke after chewing and gave the girl a genuine smile.

“Yay! Thank you unnies!”

***

They were having a good time chatting and Hyoyeon has joined them on their table.

“Hey Taeng, have you thought about the camp Sunny invited us into?” Hyoyeon spoke.

“Camp? Oh shoot I forgot about it. When was it again?”

“Next week’s weekend. Just one night. Saturday night. She says she can’t have it longer because she still has work to do on Monday so we must be back by Sunday.”

“Hmmm. Fany-ah are you free that day?” Taeyeon faced Tiffany who was sitting beside her.

Tiffany thought for a while before smiling widely.

“Yup I do. Are you asking me to come with you baby?” Tiffany teasingly asked Taeyeon. She knows quite well that Taeyeon isn’t well adapted to words of endearment or sweet stuff especially in public.

Taeyeon flushed. Baby? Wait until we get back at the apartment Hwang Miyoung. She wanted to smack the other girl for teasing her but she stopped herself. 3 pairs of eyes were eyeing them the whole time.

“Yes baby. Are you asking your baby to come with us?” Hyoyeon mimicked the way Tiffany called Taeyeon. Sooyoung was holding her stomach trying to hold in her laughter.

“Yes baby I am asking you to please come with me that day.” Taeyeon cringed. Baby. Just you wait later.

“Sure. If my baby wants me there then I’d definitely come.” Tiffany gave Taeyeon her sweetest eyesmile. She really was enjoying the moment and the all flushed Taeyeon.

“Great! It’s settled then. I’ll call Sunny later and confirm our attendance.” Hyoyeon was excited about the camp. Though it would only be one night but at least they could have a break from all the work. They will be spending the camp at Sunny’s family rest house.

***

Both went straight to their rooms after arriving at the apartment. They enjoyed the party and were now exhausted.

After a long hot shower Tiffany felt refreshed. She draped her body with a towel and went out the bathroom only to find a shock of her life.

“Aghhhh!” Tiffany shrieked. She was surprised to see Taeyeon inside her room.

Taeyeon was already done with her shower and was dressed in a tank top and a Spongebob PJs. She was sitting on a chair and her face was unreadable.

“Wh---what are you doing her?” Tiffany felt nervous. She couldn’t read Taeyeon’s expression. She was even more nervous when the other girl didn’t answer her question but just stood up and walked slowly towards her.

“Wha---what are you doing? Why---why are you looking at me like th---that?” Tiffany was walking backwards. Setting some distance from Taeyeon. She was really nervous at the way Taeyeon was looking at her.

Taeyeon didn’t respond but just kept walking towards the other girl who was just wrapped in a towel which hung up to her thighs. Then Tiffany’s back hit the wall. She can’t move any further. She’s trapped. And Taeyeon was walking ever so slowly towards her. Taeyeon stopped just inches away from her.

Taeyeon leaned in and supported herself with both arms trapping Tiffany’s head between them. Tiffany caught her breath. Her heart was racing. Taeyeon was still looking at her intently and leaned in closer until it was too close that they could feel their hot breath from each other. Tiffany gulped. She expected a kiss but none came. Instead she felt the hot breath against her ears and her body only inches away from Taeyeon’s.

“Goodnight baby.” Taeyeon’s voice was husky and her hot breath against her ears was sending electric shocks to her body.

Then she saw Taeyeon smirk and left the room.

She was left frozen for some time before she regained her composure.

Damn that midget!