Chapter 31

Trouble

After having dinner and clearing the table that they dragged outside the balcony, Jessica leaned on the wooden rail with her arms supporting her and stared ahead. She closed her eyes and felt the breeze brushing against her skin. It was so calming that for a moment she felt peace. When she opened her eyes she glanced above and saw a lot of stars that seemed to fill the night sky. Then she saw the lone star which would always stand out for her. Polaris. It looked so near like she could actually reach it. She reached her hand out trying to get the star. She chuckled at how silly she was. She eventually retracted her hand. Then she felt Taeyeon stood beside her.

“It seemed near yet so far.” She told Taeyeon while staring above.

Taeyeon just nodded.

“Have you heard of the story about the Princess and the goldsmith?”

“Huh?” Jessica confusingly glanced at the girl beside her who was staring ahead with an expression that she couldn’t quite tell.

Taeyeon chuckled. “You haven’t.”

“Let me hear it then.” Jessica also stared ahead and prepared herself to listen to the story.

Taeyeon also leaned against the wooden rail. Her hands balled into tight fist. Her heart was racing that in any moment she could feel it jump off from her chest. She took a deep breath. Her hands have gone cold but not due to the cold night. She took another deep breath before finally speaking.

“There was this goldsmith who fell in love with a princess. At first the goldsmith thought that the princess was way out of her league and that she doesn’t stand a chance at all. But surprisingly, the princess also felt the same way towards her. It was a dream come true for the goldsmith to have the princess love her back. Years passed and the two still loved each other dearly. The goldsmith told herself that this princess is who she wants to spend the rest of her life with. So one night she gathered all her courage and asked the princess to marry her…”

Jessica’s heart began beating faster than normal. Somehow there was something odd in Taeyeon’s story. She kept quiet and waited for the girl to continue though her heart was beating rapidly against her chest.

“…But the princess didn’t accept her proposal. And the next day, the princess just disappeared like a thief in the night. With no trace at all.” Taeyeon took in another deep breath before continuing.

“…The goldsmith looked for her everywhere. But luck wasn’t with her. Not even the people at the palace knew the princess’ whereabouts. The goldsmith was left at a total loss. The princess was her everything. Her universe...”

Jessica gulped. She balled her fist trying to calm her racing heart.

“Day in and day out the goldsmith lived miserably. She felt her life was useless without the princess beside her. Then one day the goldsmith met a traveler whom she felt shared the same sorrow with her. The traveler was beautiful, kind, friendly and fun to be with. And most specially, the traveler was also as broken as the goldsmith. And soon enough the goldsmith and the traveler became good friends. They told each other everything and things that only the two of them knew. They helped each other ease the pain that each of them was suffering. They helped each other carry their baggage and held each other to stand up and live life again. The people around them were happy seeing the goldsmith and the traveler smile again. The two seemed perfect for each other...” Taeyeon heaved a sigh.

Jessica was still silent. She balled her fist tighter. Her heart was racing even faster.

“But then one day the goldsmith’s and the traveler’s world turned upside down. Again. A news spread that the princess has returned and is to marry an heir from another kingdom. Upon hearing the news the goldsmith became furious and confronted the princess if the news was true. And to her dismay it was indeed true. That the princess is going to marry the heir. The goldsmith was hell hurt of the news coming straight from the princess’ mouth. She felt her heart being ripped apart again by the same person who made her whole. The goldsmith demanded for an explanation, and explanation she did get from the princess. But the truth was even more painful than what the goldsmith thought of the reason was. She felt helpless of the situation. It wasn’t because the princess didn’t love her anymore, but because the princess was forced by the king to marry the heir of the other kingdom. Now how was the goldsmith supposed to stand a chance against an heir of another kingdom? The goldsmith went home with shattered dreams and an even shattered heart. Days passed and the goldsmith was restless. It felt awful to lose a battle she wasn’t even given the chance to fight. With each passing day she felt even more awful of just accepting everything in silence. So one day she woke up and thought of putting up a fight for the princess no matter what the outcome may be. It was no use denying what she still felt inside. She wasn’t accepting defeat without putting up a fight for the one she loved most.” Taeyeon took a deep breath and finally faced the girl beside her.

“Do you think the goldsmith still stand a chance in the princess’ heart?”

Jessica felt the gaze. She didn’t dare face the other girl. She continued staring ahead. “B--but how about the traveler?” She spoke hesitantly.

Taeyeon took a step closer and turned Jessica to face her. She could feel her heart on and beating so hard against it. She couldn’t hear the rustling of the leaves and the crickets of the night due to the loud thumping of her heart. Taeyeon took a deep breath never breaking eye contact from the other girl.

Jessica felt Taeyeon turn her so that they were now facing each other. She felt her skin burn under the girl’s touch. She could see Taeyeon looking intently at her. Her breath hitched. The way Taeyeon was looking at her felt like there was no tomorrow. That if the girl blinked she would disappear from the girl’s vision. Then she heard the girl took a deep breath.

“The goldsmith doesn’t deny the fact that she liked the traveler. But no more than just a good friend. A special friend. A friend that was there for her and showed her how someone should not just give up on something that’s worth fighting for. It has always been the princess that was in the goldsmith’s mind and heart all this time. She was just too stubborn to admit that to herself.” A small smile formed from Taeyeon’s lips.

Jessica remained silent.

“Do you think the goldsmith still stand a chance in the princess’ heart?” Taeyeon spoke again after hearing no response from the girl in front of her.

“I----isn’t the goldsmith just confused of what she felt between the traveler and the princess?” Jessica could feel her heart about to jump off her chest.

Taeyeon saw the doubt and fear on Jessica’s eyes. She took another deep breath and cupped the other girl’s face. She mustered all her courage and slowly leaned in and closed the gap between them. She could feel her lips against the other girl’s trembling lips. She kissed her passionately pouring everything she had been keeping inside. Every single feeling she tried so much to hide and deny. Then she felt the other girl relax from the kiss.

The kiss seemed like eternity. If it was just a dream then Taeyeon wouldn’t want to ever wake up from it. But she knew she still had a lot of business undone. She hesitantly pulled away.

“Jessica Jung Sooyeon, I love you. Yesterday, today and forever. I have always and will always love you. I don’t want to give you up without putting up a damn fight. I love you. I’m not letting you go that easily.” Taeyeon looked at her straight in the eyes while saying those words. Then she kissed the other girl’s forehead and smiled warmly at her.

Jessica was rendered speechless. A lot of thoughts came across her mind. She was undeniably in cloud nine after hearing what Taeyeon confessed but a part of her was confused at what is happening. She furrowed her eyebrows and stared at the smiling girl in front of her who was still cupping her face.

Upon seeing the girl in front of her furrow her eyebrows and received nothing in response, Taeyeon knew the girl was confused. She smiled and kissed the girl again in the forehead before speaking.

“There is no Tiffany and I. All this time we were only pretending to be a couple so that we wouldn’t look like losers in front of our exes. Everything was staged to make you believe we have already gotten over you. And Tiffany…. She still loves Yuri and she wants her back.” Taeyeon grinned.

Jessica’s eyes widened. She opened but closed it again. She stared at the girl in front of her.

Taeyeon leaned in and kissed the shocked girl. “I love you. And you alone.” She softly spoke after pulling away.

“I love you.” She leaned in again and kissed her. “I really love you.” She kissed her again and pulled back grinning. She found Jessica’s shocked expression really an adorable sight. She was about to lean in again but Jessica held her index finger up and stopped her lips from getting near her face.

“Uh—uh.” Jessica shook her head. “You’re overusing and clearly taking advantage of my state of shock Kim Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon chuckled and kissed the girl’s index finger instead. “I miss you. So much. Princess.”

Jessica’s face immediately heated up. It was the endearment the other girl uses only for her.

Taeyeon chuckled again upon seeing the flustered girl in front of her. “I miss you too.” She grinned and pulled the girl into a tight hug.

Jessica was floating in cloud nine. She hugged her as tightly as she could pouring out all the longing she felt for so long. “I miss you. So much. Taengoo.” Tears slowly rolled down her cheeks.

When they pulled away Taeyeon saw the tears. She gently wiped them off with her thumb. “Please don’t cry. You know I hate seeing you cry.”

Jessica sniffed and tried to stop herself from crying but she ended up crying even harder.

“But I thought you hated me so much.” Jessica spoke in between sobs.

Taeyeon gently lifted her chin up and wiped her tears. “Remember the time we spent at the old couple’s house?”

Jessica nodded slowly.

“Remember that night where I asked you about allowing me to kiss you if I wasn’t with Tiffany or anyone else?”

A small hue of pink crept unto Jessica’s cheeks. She remembered nodding in response to the girl’s question.

Taeyeon chuckled. “I was afraid I’m already too late of taking you back. But your answer that night gave me hope to take this one last chance and fight for you.”

Jessica’s tears rolled down her cheeks again. She was sobbing hard. Overwhelmed with everything that’s happening.

“Hey...” Taeyeon pulled her and hugged her tightly gently her back. “Susshhh. You’re still such a cry baby.” She chuckled which earned a pinch on her side from the crying girl.

“Oww! Still the abusive princess.” Taeyeon chuckled again.

Jesssica tried to pull away to protest but Taeyeon held her tightly in place. “Don’t. Let’s just stay like this. I miss holding you like this.”

Taeyeon felt Jessica relax under the embrace.

“I love you Taengoo.” Jessica softly spoke and buried her face on the crook of the other girl’s neck.

Taeyeon chuckled. “I love you too princess.” She gently Jessica’s back.

After a while she heard Jessica spoke while still hugging her. “You have a lot of explaining to do. Especially yesterday’s.”

Crap.  Taeyeon chuckled. “I’m dead aren’t I?”

“Depends on the explanation.” Jessica nuzzled her face unto the girl’s chest and enjoyed the warmth she had missed for so long.

***

Yuri was rubbing together her hands while facing the fire place when she heard the bathroom door open. The vanilla scent of Tiffany’s body wash and the sweet scent of her strawberry shampoo filled Yuri’s nostrils. She rubbed her hands together forcefully trying to calm herself. Images of her weird dream came across her mind.

She felt the girl sit beside her in front of the fire place. When she glanced over the other girl’s direction she caught her breath. Tiffany was wearing a pink tank top revealing her smooth white skin. She was thankful that the girl was wearing PJs and not short shorts which she knew the girl preferred of wearing when sleeping. Then she noticed the girl was rubbing her arms while in front of the fire place.

“Are you cold?” Yuri worriedly asked.

“Y---yeah. I didn’t expect it to be cold here. I only brought tank tops.” Tiffany sheepishly grinned.

Yuri thought for a while. “I…uhhh… I only have an extra shirt for tomorrow but you can you use it.”

Tiffany hesitated. “No no. It’s okay.” She shyly smiled at her.

Yuri fell silent and observed the girl beside her. The girl was constantly shifting from hugging her legs to rubbing her arms while still in front of the fire place. She is obviously not fine.

“Uhhh…I have only used this for a few minutes. I----I can switch my shirt with yours. That is i---if you don’t mind. I mean you know, I’ve already used this for a few minutes and then you’re going to----”

Tiffany chuckled. “I don’t mind Yuri-ah.” She knew what the other girl meant.

“Y---you sure?” Yuri hesitantly asked.

Tiffany nodded and warmly smiled. “Won’t you mind using mine? It’s cold.”

“I---I don’t mind. I mean, I’m not cold. So it’s fine.”

“Thank you. It’s just too cold that I can’t stand wearing only this tank top for tonight. ” Tiffany explained.

“I understand.” Yuri nodded. Then she saw Tiffany stood up and went to the wooden bench and took her towel that the girl hung on the bench. The next thing she saw was Tiffany wrapping the towel around her body and removing her tank top while her back facing against her. Yuri quickly averted her eyes and stared back at the fire in front of her. She mentally scolded herself for unintentionally peeking at the changing girl. Creep.

“Hey Yuri…” Yuri snapped out from her daze when she felt the poke from her arm.

“H—huh?” She confusingly asked the girl beside her.

“I said here’s my shirt. Can I have yours now? It’s kinda cold.” Tiffany handed her the shirt.

Yuri’s eyes travelled from the shirt in front of her then to Tiffany whom she realized was only wrapped in a towel. She could clearly see the other girl’s pink bra strap. Crap! She quickly stood up took the shirt and dashed off towards the bathroom to change. When she successfully closed the door she held her chest. Calm down Kwon Yuri. Get a hold of yourself. She counted one to ten. Breathed in and out while closing her eyes. When she opened her eyes she stared at the tank top she was holding. She gulped. She removed her shirt and stared again at the tank top. She held her breath and wore it. After a while a sigh escaped her lips. Holding her breath while wearing the tank top was of no use. She could still clearly smell the sweet scent of vanilla from the shirt’s owner. She smacked herself from thinking again her weird dream.

“Yuri? Are you alright in there?” She heard the girl call her out from behind the door.

“Y—yes I’m fine.” Yuri chuckled nervously. She counted again one to ten and calmed herself. After a while she finally went out of the bathroom wearing the tank top and carrying her own shirt.

“Wow. It surprisingly fits you.” Tiffany smiled her eyes turning into two crescent moons.

“Y—yeah.” Yuri grinned and scratched her head. She then handed over her shirt.

“Oh yeah right. Your shirt.” Tiffany took her shirt and walked back again at the wooden bench to change. This time Yuri held herself from turning to the other girl’s direction. She closed her eyes and counted one to ten like a mantra to calm herself.

“Are you sleepy already?” Tiffany stood beside her and watched her intently.

When she opened her eyes she saw Tiffany looking intently at her. She gulped. “H--huh?”

“You were already closing your eyes. Are you sleepy?”

“N—no!” Yuri’s voice raised a little. “I mean I’m not yet sleepy. Are you?”

Tiffany shook her head. She then walked back in front of the fire place and plopped herself on the floor where they have both placed the sleeping mat. Yuri also made her way into the fire place and sat beside the girl on the floor.

The two girls fell silent and just stared at the burning wood. Both immersed in deep thought. After a while Yuri felt Tiffany's head leaning on her left shoulder. Her heart started racing again. She tried hard not to lean her head on top of the other girl’s head.  She tried hard not to put an arm around the other girl’s shoulders. Yuri closed her eyes and mentally counted one to ten to calm herself again.

“I wonder how the grand cabin looks like.” Yuri heard Tiffany speak. She slowly opened her eyes.

“Y—yeah. I bet the view at the top of the mountain would be really nice.” Yuri slowly spoke still calming herself.

“Hmmm.” Tiffany mumbled.

After a while of silence Yuri felt the full weight on her shoulder. When she glanced at the girl leaning on her she saw Tiffany already asleep. A smile formed on her lips. Not yet sleepy huh? She slowly shifted her position and had Tiffany sleeping on her lap instead. She gently the sleeping girl’s hair brushing aside the strands that were covering her face. Yuri stayed in that position for a couple of minutes until she felt her legs starting to get numb. She checked her watch which indicated to be past 10PM already. She slowly lifted the girl and placed her on the sleeping mat.

Yuri just sat there and stared again at the peacefully sleeping Tiffany. She glanced at the wooden bench then to her tank top. I bet it will be a lot colder later tonight. She looked at the empty space beside the sleeping girl. She sighed. There’s no escaping sleeping beside Tiffany. She then slowly made her way on the mat and under the thick blanket which she shared with the sleeping girl.

Yuri made sure to set a decent space between her and Tiffany. She her side and faced the sleeping girl. After a while of watching her sleep, Yuri her back and stared at the ceiling.

“Just keep the space between you and her.” Yuri mumbled to herself. She was about to close her eyes when suddenly she felt the other girl snuggle closer and hugged her by the waist. Yuri froze. She caught her breath. She closed her eyes and counted one to ten to calm herself.

When she opened them and glanced at the girl hugging her, her eyes widened. Tiffany was staring at her. Eyes opened. Tiffany, awake. Staring at her. Yuri felt her heart stuck within . For a moment Yuri forgot how to breathe.

“Yuri-ah? Are you okay? Your heart was beating so fast.” Tiffany worriedly asked her.

Yuri slowly nodded unable to find her voice. Then she felt Tiffany cup her cheeks.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” Tiffany was still holding her cheeks and looking intently at her.

Yuri clenched her jaw trying to calm herself. Her cheeks were burning from the touch. She then took a deep breath.

“F---fany-ah, p--please k---kindly re---remove y--your h—hands.” Yuri managed to speak almost inaudibly but Tiffany caught it nonetheless.

Tiffany just stared at her but didn’t remove her hands. “Why?”

Yuri closed her eyes before glancing back at the other girl. She mustered all the sanity that has remained in her. “B--because my self-control is running thin. I--I don’t want to be a home wrecker.”

“What if there was no home to be wrecked in the first place? What would you do?” Tiffany never left eye contact with her.

Yuri gulped. She hesitated for a while before speaking again. “I---then I wouldn’t have to restrain myself from making you mine. Again.”

Silence filled the two of them. Sounds of crickets from outside the cabin could only be heard.

Then Yuri saw Tiffany’s eyes turn into crescent moons. And the next thing that happened totally shut down Yuri’s whole being.

Tiffany leaned in and kissed her. Yuri’s eyes widened. If dreaming with eyes wide open is possible then she doesn’t want to close her eyes ever again. She could feel her heart about to jump off from her ribcage. Then she felt Tiffany pull away while wearing a bright smile. She stared at her confusingly. Which earned a chuckle from Tiffany.

“I---I don’t understand Fany-ah.” Yuri softly spoke.

“What can’t you understand Yuri?”

Yuri’s mouth opened and closed again. She stared at her with furrowed eyebrows.

Tiffany’s eyes turned into crescent moons again. She slowly reached for Yuri’s eyebrows and gently it. But after a while the girl’s brows would furrow back again. Tiffany chuckled.

“Are you really that confused Yuri?”

Yuri slowly nodded.

Tiffany took a deep breath and looked intently at her.

“There is no Taetae and I Yuri-ah. We are not really a couple. Everything was staged. We only pretended to be a couple so that we wouldn’t look like losers in front of our exes. Who happened to be you and Jessi.”

Yuri fell silent. A lot of thoughts and images came across her mind.

Tiffany slowly pushed herself up until their faces were the same level. Tiffany stared directly into Yuri not breaking eye contact.

“I love you Kwon Yuri. I don’t want to give you up just like that. I want to fight for you. I want to fight for us. And this time I’m making the decision for myself. And I won’t let you or anyone take that decision away from me again.” Tiffany softly but sternly stated.

Yuri stayed silent. A part of her was guilty for once taking that decision from Tiffany. Her eyes softened. She was thankful she wasn’t standing for if she was, she wasn’t sure if she could still bear standing for her knees have gone weak. She slowly lifted her right hand and gently brushed aside the other girl’s fringe. Her fingers gently traveled from Tiffany’s eyebrows, down to her nose and to her cheeks. Checking if the girl in front of her is real.

“You’re real? This is real? If I am having another weird dream then please don’t wake me up ever again.” Yuri gently spoke.

Tiffany saw worry and fear in Yuri’s eyes. A small smile formed on her lips. She slowly leaned in and closed the gap between them. She felt Yuri stiffened at the contact. She smiled. She kissed her passionately pouring out the things she have kept for so long. All her longing and denied feelings. This is real Kwon Yuri. She felt the other girl slowly relax. She gently pulled away. The smile still not leaving her lips.

“I can’t believe this. You’re really here?” Yuri held again Tiffany’s cheeks.

Tiffany leaned in and kissed her again. Her eyes formed into crescent moons after pulling away.

“This is really true? I remember not being drunk earlier today. This isn’t just a dream right?”

Tiffany was still smiling while she kissed her again then pulled away.

“Don’t ever wake me up if this is only a dream okay?” Yuri spoke again.

“Yah! You obviously know already this isn’t just a dream. You just want to be kissed again.” Tiffany hit her by the shoulder.

Yuri chuckled. “Ooops. I’ve been caught.” She grinned.

Tiffany pouted.

Yuri pulled her into a tight hug. “I love you Tiffany Hwang Miyoung. I’m sorry for not fighting for you hard enough. And I’m really sorry for taking away the decision from you.”

“I understand Yuri-ah. And knowing you’re willing to give up your own happiness just to protect me from harm is more than enough of a reason to not let you go just like that.” Tiffany hugged her tightly in return.

After a while of staying in that position Tiffany heard sniffing. She slowly pulled away and saw Yuri’s tears-stained cheeks. She gently wiped them off and smiled warmly at her. Her own eyes also breaming with tears.

Yuri gently kissed Tiffany’s eyes. “Don’t cry.”

“But you’re crying.” Tiffany’s tears began rolling down her cheeks. And I know you don’t usually cry because you hate crying.

Yuri chuckled and wiped Tiffany’s tears. “I’m just happy and thankful that you’re here with me. And I swear I’m not letting you go ever again. Even in the next life.”

“You’ve gone really cheesy you know.” Tiffany smiled brightly.

“What do you mean?” Yuri asked confusingly.

“Your sweet vanilla scent is overpowering that I could barely focus when you are working near me…Your strawberry scent shampoo is too intoxicating….Your mesmerizing eye-smile would always make my insides flip and my insulin level to reach its peak….”

Yuri’s eyes widened. “Wha---where did you get that?”

Tiffany’s eyes have gone into crescent moons once again. “YOU said it.”

“B—but it was just a weird dream….” Yuri’s voice trailed off. “It wasn’t a dream was it?”

Tiffany chuckled. “It wasn’t a dream. It actually happened that night. You were just too drunk to identify reality from dream.”

Yuri could feel her face burning. She quickly covered them with her hands. “Ohmygahd. I can’t believe I did that.”

Tiffany laughed for a moment. “But I like it.”

Yuri still covered her face. Then she felt Tiffany trying to pry her hands away from her face.

“I was doubting if I should still fight for you or not. I was afraid I was too late already and I wasn’t sure if I still stand a chance. If you still feel the same way about me. But… that night took my doubts away. Everything you said that night answered all my questions and doubt.” Tiffany softly spoke.

Yuri heard her. She slowly took her hands away from covering her face. “It did?”

Tiffany nodded and smiled. “So don’t be embarrassed about it.”

Yuri grinned and pulled her again into a tight hug. “I miss you so much Fany-ah.”

“I miss you too Yuri-ah. So much.” Tiffany returned the hug.

When they pulled away, Yuri’s brows slowly furrowed.

“What is it?” Tiffany confusingly asked.

“But that incident was almost two weeks ago... And you two were so sweet yesterday.”

Tiffany chuckled. “Were you jealous?”

“----”

Tiffany laughed this time. Which earned a pout from Yuri.

“Then I guess Taetae and I deserve an Oscar’s award.” Tiffany grinned.

“You’re really sure it was all just an act?” Yuri couldn’t hide her jealousy and doubt.

“Hmmm… Maybe not.” Tiffany shrugged.

“What?!” Yuri’s eyes widened.

Tiffany laughed again.

“Taetae and I are just friends. And she will always be my special friend. A special friend who helped me realize how to stay strong and not to give up on something that’s worth fighting for.”

Yuri fell silent.

“And that midget… she loves Jessi so much that she agreed on my plan even if it means facing HellSica.” Tiffany laughed.

Yuri also laughed along remembering how Jessica was stepping on her foot under the table last night while Taeyeon and Tiffany were feeding each other in front of them. “It’s so brave of her facing Sica’s wrath.”

“I know.” Tiffany chuckled and hugged tightly the girl she missed so much.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Tadda! Taengsic & Yulti are finally back together. Hurray! :))))

Okay so maybe some of you are surprised as to what just happened.

I'll explain how it all happened in the next chapter. ;)))

Do you think I made the right choice of ending them together? I won't mind if you speak your thoughts.

It'd be an interesting discussion. :D

 

To Yulsic and Taeny shippers, please don't kill me yet. I have a surprise for you. ;)))

Just be patient. I'm still working on it. ;)))

HINT: Chapter 25.B

:D :D :D