Chapter 26.B

Trouble

Jessica has been quite busy with work lately and so she wanted to make it up with Krystal. She wanted to buy her little sister’s favorite book. The second installment of the book was out already and Jessica is now out at the bookstore to look for it personally. Yuri volunteered herself to come along. She also wanted to get something for Krystal.

Yuri was on another lane of shelf finding a hard time deciding on which book to buy while Jessica was too engrossed on reading a particular book she just found. After a while someone covered Jessica’s eyes.

“Yah!” Jessica protested and hit the hand covering her eyes. She then heard a chuckle. It wasn’t Yuri’s voice. It was something deeper. A male’s voice.

“I’m going to rip off that smile from your face.” Jessica sternly warned still trying to pry away the hands. She heard another chuckle. It seemed familiar.

“You really can’t guess?” She heard the male’s voice speak.

Jessica pondered for a while trying to figure out the voice. Then she gave up thinking. She’s tired of trying to remember whom the voice belonged to. “NO.”

She heard another chuckle and finally the hands were taken off from her eyes. When she turned to meet the guy a bright smile escaped her lips.

“Donghae oppa!” Jessica hugged the guy in front of her and the hug was returned with as much glee from the tall guy.

From between the ladders of the shelf Yuri saw the tall guy approach Jessica. Then she saw him cover the girl’s eyes with his hands. Yuri frowned. Not liking what she’s seeing. She quickly walked to the end of her lane and into Jessica’s. When she reached the end of Jessica’s lane she saw the guy chuckle and then after she saw him remove his hands from the girl’s eyes. She saw her flash a bright smile at the guy and lunged herself to hug the guy. Yuri slowed down her pace. Eyes still glued on the two figures.

“I’m glad you haven’t forgotten me Sica.” The guy was still smiling after they broke the hug.

“Of course I won’t forget you oppa!” Jessica playfully hit the guy’s arm.

Yuri continued on walking towards them a bit slowly this time. She unconsciously raised an eyebrow when she saw Jessica hit the guy’s arm. They’re close? She saw the two continue on talking not even noticing her nearing presence. She stood just a few steps away from the two and pretended to look on the books on the shelf. She kept on stealing glances from the two expecting Jessica to notice her. When nothing came she intentionally cleared . “Uhheerm.”

The voice interrupted Jessica on what she was about to say. It was only then that she noticed the presence of the tanned girl not too far from them.

“Oh. Yuri.” Jessica smiled at her and gestured for her to join them. Yuri almost leapt her way towards them and stood beside her. She stopped herself from putting an arm on Jessica’s shoulders.

Donghae smiled while Yuri forced herself to return the warm smile.

“Donghae oppa, this is Yuri. Yuri, this is Donghae oppa.”

Yuri heard the introduction and was a bit disappointed that she wasn’t introduced as a fiancée. Though she herself couldn’t quite tell why she’s disappointed. She accepted the hand that was extended in front of her and squeezed it a bit firmly than she usually does. Eyes never leaving the guy.

“He’s a friend of mine back in the states.” Yuri heard her continue and saw the smile never leaving the girl’s face.

“Ah I see.” Came a short reply and a nod from Yuri.

“So oppa, what brings you here in Seoul?”

Donghae chuckled. “Aren’t you glad to see me again?”

Yuri heard the guy chuckle and she tried hard not to scoff or roll her eyes.

“No no. It’s not that oppa. Of course I’m happy seeing you.”

The guy chuckled again and patted Jessica’s head. Yuri couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow.

“I’m just kidding. Just flew back here to check on some business. How have you been?”

Yuri heard the two chat a bit more and she was getting bored. Or annoyed? She glanced at her watch and smirked. Perfect.

“Hey Sica, I think we should hurry up. Krystal would be out from practice in a while.” She showed Jessica her phone indicating the time.

“Oh shoot. Oppa, I’m really sorry but we should get going. It was nice seeing you again. Let’s catch up next time okay?” Jessica gave the guy an apologetic look.

“It’s okay. Will surely do. It was nice seeing you again Sica. Send my regards to Krystal.” Donghae smiled reassuringly.

“Sure oppa.” Jessica smiled in return and gave him a quick hug.

“Nice meeting you Yuri-ssi.”

“Nice meeting you too Donghae-ssi.”

Jessica gave him a one last wave before walking out of the bookstore with a smirking Yuri.

***

After buying grocery for their near empty refrigerator, Tiffany and Taeyeon took the liberty of enjoying their favorite milk tea on their favorite café.

Taeyeon sat there across Tiffany wearing a content smile. It had been a while since they went out like this and enjoyed their favorite drink. Taeyeon almost choked when she saw a tall guy sat beside Tiffany and put an arm around the girl.

“Hi miss beautiful.” She heard the guy call Tiffany.

“Siwon oppa!” Tiffany lunged herself into the guy and hugged him while wearing a bright smile. Much to Taeyeon’s liking.

The guy laughed at the warm welcome and gave Tiffany a big hug.

“I assume you still remember me.” The guy chuckled and patted Tiffany’s head after they pulled apart.

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow. Fany’s not a dog. She frowned.

“Of course I still remember you oppa! Wow. I can’t believe you’re here. It’s been so long!” Tiffany still wore the bright smile not breaking eye contact with the guy beside her.

“Yeah it’s been so long. How’s my Tiffi-tiffi doing?”

“Oppa! I’m not a kid anymore! Stop calling me that!” Tiffany hit the guy’s shoulder. Much to Taeyeon’s liking.

Taeyeon was unconsciously frowning while observing the two in front of her. Tiffi-tiffi? What’s that? Is that even a name? A dog’s name maybe. Taeyeon scoffed. So lame.

The guy chuckled at the protest. “Yeah. I guess I should change that. You’ve grown into a beautiful young lady now.”

Tiffany’s blushed at the compliment.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. Smooth talker.

“How have you been oppa? You’re back in Seoul now or just a visit?”

“Just a visit. Got some business to do for dad. You know, daddy’s orders” The guy rolled his eyes while Tiffany chuckled.

After a moment of more chitchatting from the two, Taeyeon unintentionally placed his drink on the table too forcefully than necessary. Or was it intentional? That the thud successfully interrupted the two who seemed to forget about her presence.

“S—sorry. It slipped.” Taeyeon sheepishly grinned and bowed apologetically.

“Oh right. Siwon oppa, this is Taeyeon. Taeyeon, this is Siwon oppa a schoolmate of mine back in the States.” Tiffany introduced the two.

Siwon extended a hand and wore a bright smile. Taeyeon accepted the hand and shook it wearing a smile but not too bright.

“Sorry for interrupting your little catching up. Please do continue. Don’t mind me.” Taeyeon smiled reassuringly.

“I would love to continue our little catching up but I have to go. I was having a takeout and just stopped by to say hello to a pretty lady here.” The guy chuckled and winked at Tiffany.

Taeyeon stopped herself from rolling her eyes.

“Oppa!” Tiffany hit the guy’s arm in protest.

“I should go now before I get abused again.” The guy grinned and stood up.

“Nice seeing you again Fany. Let’s catch up again next time. Nice meeting you Taeyeon-ssi.”

“Nice meeting you too Siwon-ssi.”

“Let’s catch up next time oppa. It was really nice seeing you again.” Tiffany stood up and gave him a quick hug before the guy waved and walked to the door of the café.

“Tiffi-tiffi? Sounds more like a dog’s name.” Taeyeon scoffed and laughed.

Tiffany glared at her and resumed on drinking her milk tea.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jelly Taeng and Yul. kekeke~ :D

Making an ending for Taeny and Yulsic is harder than I thought. T___T